What's new

Black Adam General Discussion Thread

Scalabrine

Not new but whatevs...
So much truth in this post. I honestly tend to do braindead combos cause I'm so scared of dropping them online. Offline I do the BNBs but online, I do shit like 11 T B2, 3 U 1+3. So many matches I'm missing out on damage but online is not the WORST netcode but it's not BA friendly:(
Same reason that after a b23 i do the normal 112 into MB B.Magic trait and b23 ender.

Offline i save that stupid bar with b23 11~T b23 ender. Idk why the top black adam players waste that bar for 3% more...

Faded Dreams V

Retired June 2012. Unretired June 2013.
Also I find the timing between online and offline really different. So practicing too much online in this game and with this character can result in making your offline execution super sloppy.
I played single player on and off for a month, and would never drop his B2 3 combos at all in practice. But the minute I started playing online, it's become so inconsistent. Just yesterday, before playing online, I was doing the combo fine in practice. When I stopped playing online and went to practice, I could not land it at all. Took me like 10 tries. It's weird because online and offline don't really FEEL too different like it did with MK9, but the impact is evident.

I pretty much avoid doing any B2 3 combos online.

iDeeejay

Low MeterBurn Lightning
Same reason that after a b23 i do the normal 112 into MB B.Magic trait and b23 ender.

Offline i save that stupid bar with b23 11~T b23 ender. Idk why the top black adam players waste that bar for 3% more...
top players do that pointless combo when they could be doing a ex cage combo for the same resources. I've mentioned it before, and it really doesn't make any sense why they do that combo -__-

Scalabrine

Not new but whatevs...
top players do that pointless combo when they could be doing a ex cage combo for the same resources. I've mentioned it before, and it really doesn't make any sense why they do that combo -__-

No i get why they do the b23 combo instead of cage combos. With the cage ones you need Trait to link em, if the other guy blocked the string then you wasted trait for nothing, it's easier confirming a 11 after a b23 than confirming a b2 into trait, i used to do that but why would i do a b2 into trait if it's blocked and leaving me exposed? B23 is safe on block, if it's blocked then continue pressure if not then eat a full combo. B2 isn't safe and 22 is +1 but again you don't wanna waste that trait.

I still go for them but b23 combos are more reliable.

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
No i get why they do the b23 combo instead of cage combos. With the cage ones you need Trait to link em, if the other guy blocked the string then you wasted trait for nothing, it's easier confirming a 11 after a b23 than confirming a b2 into trait, i used to do that but why would i do a b2 into trait if it's blocked and leaving me exposed? B23 is safe on block, if it's blocked then continue pressure if not then eat a full combo. B2 isn't safe and 22 is +1 but again you don't wanna waste that trait.

Actually b2 trait is a frame trap and technically is safe. I suppose b2 trait 22 would be a pretty easy hit confirm.

iDeeejay

Low MeterBurn Lightning
Yeah, b2 t 22 is completely fine. They whiff punish something with b23 into their lame mb black magic combo every time, I just don't get it.

blocked 22 doesn't really lead to any pressure w/o trait, but I just thought about using b2 T 22 xx ex lightning/223 as a lame mixup? Not sure how good it would be, but it's some pressure after that string is blocked.

Whatever though, they're winning and I'm not lol.

Error

DF2+R2

Black Adam
  • The Boot Stomp now has 4 additional recovery frames when blocked by the opponent.
  • Slightly increased Black Adam’s combo damage scaling.
Black Adam's Bootstomp nerf doesn't sound too bad, but I'm scared for these damage scaling reductions. Hopefully it's Superman level scaling.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
Black Adam's Bootstomp nerf doesn't sound too bad, but I'm scared for these damage scaling reductions. Hopefully it's Superman level scaling.
From what ive heard its only on lightning cage. Not too sure though. If true then meterless BNB's will be the norm and we wont get 42% on wake up which we shouldnt anyway. Im totally fine with the changes honestly.

Error

DF2+R2
From what ive heard its only on lightning cage. Not too sure though. If true then meterless BNB's will be the norm and we wont get 42% on wake up which we shouldnt anyway. Im totally fine with the changes honestly.
I really dont think it will be too bad.
Yeah I hope so, doesn't sound that bad, and 55% punishes were pretty crazy.

But LBSH Take A Chance/Under the Mayo and everyone else will still complain about Black Adam.

iDeeejay

Low MeterBurn Lightning
Yeah I'll take a slight (i hope it's slight) dmg nerf for a better AA... when i saw the note that d2's are getting universally better, I got soooo hype. I'll be crossing my fingers until July 2nd 8)

Also, I'm really surprised they didn't nerf his backdash

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
AK Smarrgasm
Will we still be able to back-dash out of punishes if we dive-kick them at the lowest point(ankles)?
Based on what the nerfs say, Divekick would now become -9 at the lowest point. That means no matter what a person who practices it should be able to d1 Special or if they have a fast enough string punish it.

What im more worried about is if this recovery affects Ex Divekick just the same. It will make me change a lot of my offense with it unfortunately if Ex loses its same properties and gets some recovery.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room

You need to read tech discovered about trait cancels before saying traits a waste.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Based on what the nerfs say, Divekick would now become -9 at the lowest point. That means no matter what a person who practices it should be able to d1 Special or if they have a fast enough string punish it.

What im more worried about is if this recovery affects Ex Divekick just the same. It will make me change a lot of my offense with it unfortunately if Ex loses its same properties and gets some recovery.
no, -7.

it says boot stomp, not ex boot stomp.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
tbh with adam being such a good and versatile character i think we should consider ourselves lucky that we can control whether the opp will get only a d1 to special or full combo.

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
BA nerfs seem fair to me. I'm just curious as to what my 54% bnb will be reduced to. And if the below the waist reg divekicks are safe.