What's new

Battle Arena Week 1 Winners announced, Gameplay Footage Released!

Wonder Woman cross up attack at 52 secs into her fight.

Also, it looks like Harley's mallet throw may be a charge-up attack, cause i don't remember her taking so long throwing it in the early videos.

ninjay

Noob
HQ is going to be too fun! If the player didn't taunt after guns or her super, then we could have seen some serious mixup potential with her. So far, HQ and Bats are looking good.

No it's based of Votes, so it's important to VOTE!
Yeah but I think that's dumb. Looking at it from a promotion point of view, we may as well just wait until each Superhero is paired up with each other cause no villians will win. Oh well, I guess this is just mainly for us to speculate on moves and things until we get our hands on it.

I didn't like the way they edited the videos, especially Bane vs Batman. But I did enjoy Harley vs Wonder Woman. After seeing Bane in action, I really wish they had chosen another big body guy instead of him. They should've went with either Grodd or Despero who are both highly intelligent, big body characters with a vast array of powers and abilities. A big miss opportunity.

Ilthuain

Lost in a labyrinth of egoism
As someone who does Marketing for the Industry, I can say, you're free to believe that.
As a developer in the industry, I can say you have no idea what you're talking about. Very few developers make games for "only hardcore" or "only casuals" (except in social/mobile, but even there midcore gaming is on the rise). High budget games are always made with a broad audience in mind, because casual players drive sales, and hardcore players drive the brand.

GGA Fill Pops

The Ultimate Bastich
BTW anyone else notice that AFTER BANE RUSH HE CAN CANCEL INTO AN ELBOW DROP BEHIND HIM
Best freaking follow up ever for a dash move to change direction with an OTG. Hit move, but go too far? Go for the elbow dive behind you and get the follow up!
Im guessing elbow is probably the enhanced version of it and it does more damage.

Slymind

Noob
Loved what i saw.

Makes me want stage hazards to be legit tournament wise, but, only time will tell.

edit.
Just one more thing, no "clash system" during both matches, is it still in?

shig

kool guy
Also it bugs me that so many animations seemed sped up at some points in these videos. Batman interacting with the red button in the watch tower, Bane's super right before the back breaker and the Killer Croc transition at times. I hope it's just the videos.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Im guessing elbow is probably the enhanced version of it and it does more damage.
It looks like it. He glows purple for that. Also he glows green on several of his moves and I think those had armor. If so he has two variants of the Bane Rush. Maybe one with Heavy and one with Light or Medium?

In either case I think he got armor during green moves and if so he will be the dude that can use meter to force his way inside and to punish you for big damage. Mike Ross should be in love with this dude given the AA grab, gamma charge, and likely armor.

Reedoms

Noob
Yeah but I think that's dumb. Looking at it from a promotion point of view, we may as well just wait until each Superhero is paired up with each other cause no villians will win. Oh well, I guess this is just mainly for us to speculate on moves and things until we get our hands on it.
Are you kidding? Deathstroke is going to get loads of votes because of Teen Titans and Joker is going to get even more because "he's so interesting"

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
BTW I posted in the Bane character thread and tried to list all the stuff I saw. I like Bane's dropkick BTW. Its exactly like Haggar's and stays out and should be useful for crossups so long as it doesn't have a shitty huge hurtbox painted from his head to his knees or something.

Also Wonder Woman is going to destroy Batman in the Semis.

GGA Fill Pops

The Ultimate Bastich
Man! I love bane he is so cool cant wait to see shazam and see who I like more so I can pick a main its between them right now

As a developer in the industry, I can say you have no idea what you're talking about. Very few developers make games for "only hardcore" or "only casuals" (except in social/mobile, but even there midcore gaming is on the rise). High budget games are always made with a broad audience in mind, because casual players drive sales, and hardcore players drive the brand.
I never said "only". It's not smart to Market to one set of people "genius". But the bottom line is, when dealing with "Fighting Games", they are considered risky because they USUALLY cater to a small certain crowd. A company like DC/Warner Bros. is not a company who makes "niche" products. As a "Developer" you should know that. Unless you've never dealt with a major company.

BlackBryan

B*tch Distributor
Holy crap! People are still complaining about this not being good enough and that they wish it was more to their liking?
That was a dope first gen combo exhibition.
Greedy.

TrashMKX

Noob
1. Casual gamers will eat this up
2. Stage hazards will def. be switched off in competitive play.
3. WOMBO COMBO!!!

Stage hazard make it even more fun. Watching "competitive" play w/o it will be a big YAWN. I don't wanna see the same 4 or 5 top tier characters always picked. BORING. Stage stuff makes it more interesting. I hope turning it OFF is not an option in overrated tourney play.