What's new

Battle Arena Week 1 Winners announced, Gameplay Footage Released!

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
Wait, so is it possible to cancel dashes into specials in this game? It'd be weird and kind of awesome to see a cartwheel cancelled into a cartwheel.
No you can't cancel dashes with anything.

Her normal dash is a cartwheel, and she has a stance similar to MK9 stances, where she does a drop kick, and after she lays on the floor, from that stance she can do a few things, including a Sonya like carthweel attack.

Here is a good look at it.

trufenix

bye felicia
Inexcusable may be too powerful of a word to use for most of the shared moves I saw, but that label is perfect for Wonder Woman's super.

...You know what, nevermind. I completely forgot MK9 had recycled moves from other characters within the game itself. So expecting them not to reuse moves in another game, where the masses are less likely to notice, is rather foolish of me.
Then just use the word bad if you like, then give me even two reasons why the reuse of your own preexisting material in you next product is bad.

The only one I ever hear is "lazy" which is a fucking retarded observation. If you're going to trivialize the entire body of work because a fraction of it is derivative, then maybe video games just aren't your thing cause there hasn't been an original fucking game since like Space Invaders.

Then just use the word bad if you like, then give me even two reasons why the reuse of your own preexisting material in you next product is bad.

The only one I ever hear is "lazy" which is a fucking retarded observation. If you're going to trivialize the entire body of work because a fraction of it is derivative, then maybe video games just aren't your thing cause there hasn't been an original fucking game since like Space Invaders.
I don't know about you, but when I think of a video game, I think of it as not just a game, but as an art form, just like painting a picture, writing a poetry, or directing a movie. Part of the challenge when creating art is making something fresh, being original. You just to don't reuse the same concepts over and over again, your portfolio will become stale. It's no different here.

And who said I that thought this product was bad? Just as mentioned above, I'm only speaking about part of a visual aspect of the game. Nothing more. I think this game will be fun and I'm excited to play it.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
I don't know about you, but when I think of a video game, I think of it as not just a game, but as an art form, just like painting a picture, writing a poetry, or directing a movie. Part of the challenge when creating art is making something fresh, being original. You just to don't reuse the same concepts over and over again, your portfolio will become stale. It's no different here.

And who said I that thought this product was bad? Just as mentioned above, I'm only speaking about part of a visual aspect of the game. Nothing more. I think this game will be fun and I'm excited to play it.
But concepts are reused in just about every fighting game. Even then they still change it up so it looks nice, and a little bit of recycling doesn't compare to the rest of the game.

Just saying, look at the positives.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
No you can't cancel dashes with anything.

Her normal dash is a cartwheel, and she has a stance similar to MK9 stances, where she does a drop kick, and after she lays on the floor, from that stance she can do a few things, including a Sonya like carthweel attack.
I wonder if you can plink dash in this. Instead of the normal wave dash which is crouch canceling to get rapid dashes some guys would tap heavy for folks like Haggar who have god awful wave dashes. The heavy would cancel the dash into the attack and the next dash would cancel out the attack from coming out. In some games only certain attack normals will cancel a dash and it gives those characters a plink dash. The rhythm is more piano like than down mash heavy like a wave dash and it take more timing because you might accidently throw an attack that'll get blown up if you get too excited and botch the dash cancel on it.

I'd be down for Grundy getting a plink alongside of other heavies. Plinks tend to have less dashes but cover the same or more distance as other cast's wave dashes for dudes that get them.

trufenix

bye felicia
So, you are actually saying ten. no, lets go 20. . no fuck it, 50 reused animations in a game of thousands makes it in any way stale or not fresh and original? You are the worst art critic ever.

So, you are actually saying ten. no, lets go 20. . no fuck it, 50 reused animations in a game of thousands makes it in any way stale or not fresh and original? You are the worst art critic ever.
Thousands of animations? All Im going off of is what I see in trailers and the short game play clips. If you watch a movie trailer, or a short movie clip and noticed the director reusing same scenes, lines, etc from a previous film, are you going to say, well this is only 10 minutes of the movie 2 hour? Maybe Im just pessimistic but Im going to say, damn this is just 10 minutes of the movie and Im already seeing reused concepts. Until I see the whole game, I can only base it off what they have presented us with.

And ill repeat, I never said this was a bad game.

NapoleonComplex

Worst Injustice Player

TRUTH. There's only so much you can do with martial arts before you start coming up with ludicrous stuff which has no place in a serious fighting game like Injustice..

TRUTH. There's only so much you can do with martial arts before you start coming up with ludicrous stuff which has no place in a serious fighting game like Injustice..
Ahem. This is a game based on comic book characters. One of whom has mastered over 100 different martial art styles. Don't bring "serious" into this.

shaowebb

Ahem. This is a game based on comic book characters. One of whom has mastered over 100 different martial art styles. Don't bring "serious" into this.
Being a martial artist and an ex pro wrestler I will say this. There is a BIG difference between stuff that looks cool and functional martial arts. A lot of the scariest shit and most useful stuff in martial arts doesn't look flashy. However, I can tell you from my time learning to put over spots and moves for crowds in wrestling that flashy moves can easily start to blur together. Its all about loud angles, splaying out limbs wide to make moves look bigger, and angles of attack. A lot of stuff starts looking similar using that principle and comic book action USES THAT PRINCIPLE.

There will be overlap in over the top action thats trying to look big, but real. Martial arts is good and all but its hard to make some stuff look the greatest as a lot of it is counters, joint strikes, and grabs that look the flashiest (and the joint strikes are debatable in that factor. Its the opponent's sell of those that matters most).

Long story short theres a lot of overlap in the flashy stuff that works best in fighting games before you go full ridiculous like Wolverine and Captain America's kicks in UMVC3. Theres a big difference in the amount of things that look cool in martial arts compared to the amount of actual martial arts techniques that exist. The latter far outnumbers the former.

Also frame counting. You don't want normals to take up a ton of frames and outside of grabs you can't get too elaborate on setups, and executions for moves. This compounds things tremendously. If its gotta be quick its rather hard to throw a ton of flips or spins and stuff on moves without running out of repetoire thats unique. Overlap...its a fact of life in this stuff.

Reactions: RYX

Goku

Noob
Tournaments are meant for the competitors first and foremost. The stream comes second if there is one. The players are there to win and improve, not for you to be an amused stream monster. The hype comes from good reads and comebacks, not a random video break from gameplay.

I was rounding up, but both stage transitions is roughly 11 seconds, so I don't know where you get your 2-3 seconds from.

Remember, this is an opinion from a tournament organizer. Tranisitions and stuff are a neat little way to add depth for a casual player, but it should not be in an organized event.
And this is exactly why I do not go to tournaments, or watch "pro-players". They are BORING AS HELL!

Goku

Noob
Lol. Ok. There's a strategy involved, button mashing isn't really that exciting either.
Strategy or not, it is still boring and very soporific(especially when there is a "footsies" match). And button mashing can be quite entertaining, especially when the other player tries to rush in and they keep getting hit by random attacks. You can almost feel their rage lol.

shaowebb

Strategy or not, it is still boring and very soporific(especially when there is a "footsies" match). And button mashing can be quite entertaining, especially when the other player tries to rush in and they keep getting hit by random attacks. You can almost feel their rage lol.
Yeah and their combos are accidental, small and any clutch hit confirm they get they drop resulting in a loss of hype to watch. Its a non stop letdown or rage at the monitor moment for me to see matches like that.

The thing is who cares if you are training it out like a pro to get great reads and to know how to bait someone into jumping into something by weaving and bobbing left and right in front of them to confuse them with footsies?

It doesn't matter if someone is scrubby as fuck or as elite as Chris G at this game so long as they are having fun. I'm not gonna run up to you and scream at you for having fun and then tell you how much you suck for not having mastered a 70% combo or for not having decided to main anyone just so you can play the whole cast.

ITS A GAME! If its fun then any stance is fine by me on why you play it. For deep meta game diggin, skill mastery and chess like strategic matches or for crazy excitement as you and your friends desperately slug it out trying not to get hit...all that matters is you had fun. Enjoy this however you want folks. Just let it go if someone says you are taking it too seriously or not seriously enough for their tastes. Its your own experience that determines the value of the game for you and in the end thats all that matter.

Grundy- Sheeva Ground Stomp
You say that, I say: rich story mode with hours and hours of cutscenes.

Deathstroke- Liu Kang's Dragon Stance 3
You say that, I say: online-practice mode and maybe even other new multiplayer modes + supposedly improved online play.

Green Arrow- Kratos Arrows(Kind of a stretch lol)
You say that, I say: cross ups, frame data and a new easy way to balance the game without forcing you to download patches.

Edit: Still doesnt outweigh the positives.
Wooow watch out, we got someone with genius level intelligence over here!

Don't take it personal. I'm just trolling.
But fact is that the game will offer you a shit load of content and I'm pretty sure that no one will pay attention at the few slightly reused animations, or ...

... like a real troll was stating that ... I think Green Arrow has an attack which sounds exactly like Kabals, so therefore NRS has to be lazy, even though they got iconic voice actors (like for example the original cast for Superman and Batman) for the game and probably even much more.

Seriously, I'm the first one who will start bitching around, when something doesn't seem right, but the ridiculousless in this thread peaked at some points big time.

No offense to anyone.

KH_Seraph

ҜømbÄŦ Ħøu&Ŧøπ
BATMAN'S AIREAL FLASH BANG ATTACK IS TOO MUCH LIKE ERMAC'S AREAL GREEN SPLOOGE ATTACK! IT SPLATS PEOPLE THE SAME WAY; I HATE THIS GAME AND I HATE MY LIFE!

NRS is to blame for making a fighting game with such a diverse move-set, with different character fighting styles and powers. You can't chastise them for re-using certain animations. What do you want them to do? Change the way roundhouse kicks and certain functional combos look? SMH man.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Reptiles dropkick sweep looks EXACTLY like King and Armor King db4 in Tekken.... ZOMG STOLEN? (Harley's drop kick in the gif is the same conecpt)

jeeeez. There are only so many ways to drop kick someones shins man.

Just enjoy the game.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
You say that, I say: rich story mode with hours and hours of cutscenes.

You say that, I say: online-practice mode and maybe even other new multiplayer modes + supposedly improved online play.

You say that, I say: cross ups, frame data and a new easy way to balance the game without forcing you to download patches.

Wooow watch out, we got someone with genius level intelligence over here!

Don't take it personal. I'm just trolling.
But fact is that the game will offer you a shit load of content and I'm pretty sure that no one will pay attention at the few slightly reused animations, or ...

... like a real troll was stating that ... I think Green Arrow has an attack which sounds exactly like Kabals, so therefore NRS has to be lazy, even though they got iconic voice actors (like for example the original cast for Superman and Batman) for the game and probably even much more.

Seriously, I'm the first one who will start bitching around, when something doesn't seem right, but the ridiculousless in this thread peaked at some points big time.

No offense to anyone.
Yeah you pretty much said exactly what I said lol. They copied moves but that doesnt take away from all the cool stuff they are adding.