What's new

Battle Arena Week 1 Winners announced, Gameplay Footage Released!

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Anyone have a CLUE how to get Batman the hell off of you? Those remote batarangs let him keep you under pressure on recovery and he can get right back on top of you! That plus zipline means Batman is about as I thought he'd be...good at scaring ANYONE once you unlock his tech.

KRYS9984

Noob
Excellent videos!

I wanted Harley to win and guessed wrong on the results of that match-up. :(

What I'd really like to see is more of the meta-game; a majority of the content released has been "combo videos" and it would be cool to have a more recent (visual) idea of how the game actually works.

Regardless, I've got my copy on reserve and really looking forward to explore the in-game mechanics.

ninjay

Noob
Loved what i saw.

Makes me want stage hazards to be legit tournament wise, but, only time will tell.
Because TOs really want more things to make events longer. Yea it's only about 15 seconds, but if that happens 300 times at a tournament, then you are looking at about an hour and a half of time wasted. on top of button checks, you are losing over 2 hours of time.

Speaking as a TO, I do not want that.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
I wonder If Wonder Woman's airdives will be divekick good? They look like a cross between Rogue and Thor from MVC or something.

This was pretty damn awesome. Good to see that they touched up on WW's mug. It doesn't look great, but hey amazons by nature are still fairly masculine in some cases. In any event, stop crying about the stage transitions people! The game doesn't have the round transitions that most fg's have and it looks to move at KI speed because of it, so trust me you can sit through a few seconds of a stage transition. Your competing in a video game for god sake so with that in mind, your time isn't that important. Most of you that are talking about tournament rules have probably never even set foot in a tournament so please STFU! All of this was great and I can't wait for next week. Let's see some NightWing vs Captain Marvel (Shazzam) :)
Mannnnn, NRS just has troubles with females in their games lol.

As far as the videos go though, I will say, this game is definitely going to be the game to beat this year. If they support this game online, and provide plenty of "REASONABLE" dlc , people will be playing this game for a long time!

Ilthuain

Lost in a labyrinth of egoism
I never said "only". It's not smart to Market to one set of people "genius". But the bottom line is, when dealing with "Fighting Games", they are considered risky because they USUALLY cater to a small certain crowd. A company like DC/Warner Bros. is not a company who makes "niche" products. As a "Developer" you should know that. Unless you've never dealt with a major company.
We're not talking about marketing, we're talking about development. Fighting games are risky, but that doesn't mean that you don't develop for a broad (hardcore + casual) marketplace. You responded to the claim that Injustice was made to cater to both hardcore and casual players with skepticism and dismissal, and I pointed out that the original supposition, that the game was made for both audiences, was indeed correct and is a widely accepted goal in the games industry.

Also, what's up with all the unnecessary quotes? I hope to God that you don't write copy.

Edit (saw the mod comment):

The videos are amazing. It's cool that Bane can actually close the gap and isn't a ponderous meathead grappler.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
someone please make a .gif of that combo into super that Harley did... :)
I could be wrong but it looked like she could juggle off the end of that super as well. WW was still in the air after the bomb and Harley was just standing there. Harley's combo look so fucking sick.

God, I cannot wait for this game. I wish they showed more Bane stuff, though. His super is great. Breaking of the Bat...

trufenix

bye felicia
Anyone have a CLUE how to get Batman the hell off of you? Those remote batarangs let him keep you under pressure on recovery and he can get right back on top of you! That plus zipline means Batman is about as I thought he'd be...good at scaring ANYONE once you unlock his tech.
I think pressure is gonna be batman's only strength. He doesn't appear to have any zoning, and without burning meter he doesn't get to stay in after any of his strings or specials. There was one string we saw a couple vids ago that looked like it ended with it pretty close sweep or knockdown, but everything else he like rolls half a screen away. He may have some grimey resets though with all those free launchers.

Another thing I noticed (In harley video), it looks like off a launching string you can land your power moves without using the meter cancel. I feel like they were buffing their meter all over the place, but that Harley wallbounce combo into super at the end looked totally legit.

I could be wrong but it looked like she could juggle off the end of that super as well. WW was still in the air after the bomb and Harley was just standing there. Harley's combo look so fucking sick.

God, I cannot wait for this game. I wish they showed more Bane stuff, though. His super is great. Breaking of the Bat...
She can, from old footage she was able to hit.

JJocelot

Don't give up!
Yes! Wonder Woman looks better and better the more I see her! Such a deep crossup in sword stance, with those Ghost Rider like whip normals! Not to mention the shoryuken!

Also a fan of Bane's "The People's Elbow" lol.

Those scientists in the background are fucking dedicated.
Lol indeed. You see the chef in the Arkham stage?
"Yeah can you two super powered gods quite down? I'm making bruschetta."

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
@ the start of the Batman match, does Batman go into a stance change or is that a sort of block animation. It looks like he goes into the same animation a few moments later in a back dash before he lands his first grapple.

trufenix

bye felicia
you know whats weird? They still don't have the battle damage on in these vids. I wonder if thats an ESRB thing.