What's new

Battle Arena Week 1 Winners announced, Gameplay Footage Released!

insignis

Noob
This was pretty damn awesome. Good to see that they touched up on WW's mug. It doesn't look great, but hey amazons by nature are still fairly masculine in some cases. In any event, stop crying about the stage transitions people! The game doesn't have the round transitions that most fg's have and it looks to move at KI speed because of it, so trust me you can sit through a few seconds of a stage transition. Your competing in a video game for god sake so with that in mind, your time isn't that important. Most of you that are talking about tournament rules have probably never even set foot in a tournament so please STFU! All of this was great and I can't wait for next week. Let's see some NightWing vs Captain Marvel (Shazzam) :)
bitch slap for all whiners would make this great post complete :D

Wow people need relax on teh stage transaction every attack here was basically scripted for show, i bet you any money you wont see have of that being used by pro players
So? This game wasn't meant for "pro players". This game is going to be heavily story and character driven, with a good enough engine for Pros to get into, but more for casuals. This is DC/Warner Bros. after all. Casuals mean more money, Pros means small group and small profit.

So wait a sec, the winner was based on how many votes the character got? I thought it was based on who was the better player just so we could get some surprises here and there.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
So? This game wasn't meant for "pro players". This game is going to be heavily story and character driven, with a good enough engine for Pros to get into, but more for casuals. This is DC/Warner Bros. after all. Casuals mean more money, Pros means small group and small profit.
Man your taking me wrong here people where commenting on it in "tournament play" so i replied back with Tournament play, im with you man, prolly should of worded better, no biasness , i be more casual then pro in anyway haha

Edit just read ya post back went over my head , didn't realize you where making a typical General Statement on WB Carefor Pro players,but they did add alot of shit ya must say, frame data

What are you talking about, they catered to both. They want to see their game strive after all the casuals drop it anyway.

NRS games post MKDC has always had high skill ceiling low entry for people who specialize in their games.

CRUM

Noob
Man this game looks really cool though. Batman sort of reminded me of Scorpion and smoke with his dialogue. My only question that remains is whether or not Power characters can contend with gadget characters. It would've been cool to see life bars to see how much damage Bane doled out

GGA Fill Pops

The Ultimate Bastich
Holy shit first off Bane = awesome he definitely gonna be one of ky mains and secondly im only playing in arkham just to use tht transistion with two face! Banes gimmick looks like an unblockable charge idk but when his veins get green so cool.

what happens to HQ's gun at :57 ??????
Looks like it's a character trait weapon for Harley, and it was kinda pathetic, letting Wonder Woman punch her through a door into Croc's back.

So wait a sec, the winner was based on how many votes the character got? I thought it was based on who was the better player just so we could get some surprises here and there.
It was always to be based on the votes. But Rigo confirmed that there were two fight videos for each match-up. Fights were recorded well in advance I believe.

As someone who does Marketing for the Industry, I can say, you're free to believe that.
I think we all mean, the game is sold as a casual fighter, but there's enough in the game for people to take it to the highest level.

Sure, you have the option to screw around get drunk on the couch and do stage transitions all day, but there's enough content and depth for people to take it to a level where the average gamer wouldn't stand a chance until they learned the meta, technicality of the game.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
God Yes Batman says both "Get down here" and "Stay Down"

Its the little things. BTW Bane's rushing attack looked sweet and I saw a grab in mid combo. Part of the move or possible AA grab? Either way looks like Bane is a freightrain who rushes in with likely some armor like Hulk in MVC3. Dude is gonna wreck folks on jump backs and jump ins if he times that rush as they begin their descent arc if it truly does have armor. Could be a problem for Arrow if he can plow his way in for pressure like I'm thinking.

BTW anyone else notice that AFTER BANE RUSH HE CAN CANCEL INTO AN ELBOW DROP BEHIND HIM
Best freaking follow up ever for a dash move to change direction with an OTG. Hit move, but go too far? Go for the elbow dive behind you and get the follow up!

NKZero

Noob
I don't mean to be a downer but I just hate the way the character is KO'd and gets up and falls down again, shit's retarded!

Anyways I loved everything else about it. Stage transitions, the combos....everything. Batman looks more intriguing than I thought, probably won't play him though.

I think we all mean, the game is sold as a casual fighter, but there's enough in the game for people to take it to the highest level.

Sure, you have the option to screw around get drunk on the couch and do stage transitions all day, but there's enough content and depth for people to take it to a level where the average gamer wouldn't stand a chance until they learned the meta, technicality of the game.
Fair enough.

trufenix

bye felicia
As someone who does Marketing for the Industry, I can say, you're free to believe that.
As someone who does Development for the Industry I will. What the publisher and developer intend are two entirely different concepts and they are not mutually exclusive. You can make a game that appeals to the mass market without ignoring your niche consumers. Its called making a quality product and not just working by the numbers.

Injustice (on paper) features all the grandeur and mass market appeal of a hollywood blockbuster, and incorporates the kind of nitty gritty technical aspects that the hardcore beat off to.

PND i2 Gaug3

NERF Everything, LEAVE Nothing
sweet bane gameplay looking over it about 10 times now, disappointed there isnt any hard knockdowns i have seen flattens and normal knockdowns but no hard knockdown (well that what i think any way)

BANE = Brawler

perfect match character and playstyle will be deffo holding down bane and grundy (possible additions any big, aestheticly pleasing, nostalgia inducing chars eg. doomsday, darksied)