What's new

Batman matchup chart Injustice 2

To be fair, Batmans wakeup game is gimmicky af if you know how to okie him. He gets away with upbats, but still it's a mindgame. He either gets slide, or he doesnt. Some characters could nj oki for free, like CW, and some can just straight duck it, avoiding the Upbats. But, his oki mind game can be annoying.

TheGangstaFace

Psn, Xbox, Twitter: TheGangstaFace
So I was labbing the GA matchup and idk if it's known but Batman can do a jump back 2 and it'll blowup his hurricane bow and slide wakeups

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Really though why no Brainiac?

Some basic thoughts on the MU would be that Brainiac has to work to get in,(air batarang and trait make jumping risky forcing slow walk) and thus he'll have way less meter then Batman, but when Batman doesn't have trait he gets outranged and Brainiac has good Oki against him.

With the Joker MU:
1. I wanted to say that you are severely undermining the usage of trait bats in this MU
2. I saw the match against Sonicfox. He was disrespecting you so badly in so many different manners. I don't mean this in a "oh you suck" kinda way. I just wanted to inform you that he was getting away with murder (From a blocked crowbar, he did dash up and then j2 crossup.... WTF. Also 32 teeth is a no no)

Anyways,
Trait bats are a crazy good counter tool against Joker in both the zoning and rushdown department.

Zoning: I agree that, in going completely full screen, Joker wins. However, if Batman's midscreen and has trait bats out, Joker can not mindlessly use gunshot. He reallllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy has to respect those bats because they can punish gunshot on read into a full combo.

Rushdown/Neutral: Before, I get into the whole trait bat situation, I just wanted to point out how hard it is for Joker to punish Batman's jumps on reactions (It's 12 frames dang!). I agree that Joker's normals do outrange Batman's normals. But, again, trait is super useful in this category as well. Because we have to respect Batman at 60 - 70% of the screen, it's fairly easy for a batman player to get in (as long as they're not mindlessly dashing).

The problem is that Joker doesn't really have many options to deal with trait bats. He has to respect them at many parts of the screen. Then he has to pretty much eat Batman's pressure when he gets in (very easily might I add). From then on, our option is to backdash, which puts us closer to the corner. Or we can get lucky with a poke.

I also want to say that all of what I said works in reverse too. If Joker's trying to get in, he's going to have to wait till trait bats are gone, but if they're not, he's got to respect that a lot when rushing down. Especially with Joker's normals, although superior, they don't really doesn't matter if batman is keeping him away with batarangs and trait bats. Aside from J3, Joker's jump normals can most definitely be anti-aired on reaction. They can also be countered by regular batarangs if spaced properly (because batman does a dash back for the animation)

In conclusion: Trait bats are crazy effective if used properly. Do not undermine it's usage because it controls all of Joker's movement.

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
With the Joker MU:
1. I wanted to say that you are severely undermining the usage of trait bats in this MU
2. I saw the match against Sonicfox. He was disrespecting you so badly in so many different manners. I don't mean this in a "oh you suck" kinda way. I just wanted to inform you that he was getting away with murder (From a blocked crowbar, he did dash up and then j2 crossup.... WTF. Also 32 teeth is a no no)

Anyways,
Trait bats are a crazy good counter tool against Joker in both the zoning and rushdown department.

Zoning: I agree that, in going completely full screen, Joker wins. However, if Batman's midscreen and has trait bats out, Joker can not mindlessly use gunshot. He reallllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy has to respect those bats because they can punish gunshot on read into a full combo.

Rushdown/Neutral: Before, I get into the whole trait bat situation, I just wanted to point out how hard it is for Joker to punish Batman's jumps on reactions (It's 12 frames dang!). I agree that Joker's normals do outrange Batman's normals. But, again, trait is super useful in this category as well. Because we have to respect Batman at 60 - 70% of the screen, it's fairly easy for a batman player to get in (as long as they're not mindlessly dashing).

The problem is that Joker doesn't really have many options to deal with trait bats. He has to respect them at many parts of the screen. Then he has to pretty much eat Batman's pressure when he gets in (very easily might I add). From then on, our option is to backdash, which puts us closer to the corner. Or we can get lucky with a poke.

I also want to say that all of what I said works in reverse too. If Joker's trying to get in, he's going to have to wait till trait bats are gone, but if they're not, he's got to respect that a lot when rushing down. Especially with Joker's normals, although superior, they don't really doesn't matter if batman is keeping him away with batarangs and trait bats. Aside from J3, Joker's jump normals can most definitely be anti-aired on reaction. They can also be countered by regular batarangs if spaced properly (because batman does a dash back for the animation)

In conclusion: Trait bats are crazy effective if used properly. Do not undermine it's usage because it controls all of Joker's movement.
I do want to add to this, batmans d2 can actually beat or at least trade with jokers J3. Jokers hitbox starts at the tip of the crowbar. I tested it and it's utter BS. batmans j1 is hella strong. Also the only neutral normal joker has that outranges batman is d2, which again I had a whole paragraph on that lol but good stuff my dude!

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
With the Joker MU:

Anyways,

J3 hurtbox starts at the tip of the crowbar

Tweedy

Noob
Okay I just explained this and you may have overlooked it so I copied and pasted it for you.

You are right about D2's, however jokers D2 is different then most. Jokers d2 has excellent range however, the start up is really slow making it an anti-air that can be only used for jumps on read. More then half the cast have a reliable anti-air with a fast start up, meaning they can instantly react to a jump in without any penalty.

Due the nature of jokers hitbox when blocking his D2, he is wide open for a FULL combo punish by any character, and with a small cancel window on his D2, you are forced to commit to a D2 cancel if you are unsure of the read you made.

Example: you know a character is going to jump, depending on their jump arc you could possibly anti-air them, however, you throw it out too soon and you're eating a full combo or at least a decent punish for whiffing, you throw it out too late and their jump in will stuff your D2 and you're eating a full combo.

D2 is used in Jokers neutral due to the fact that it has range and joker lacks a neutral, but you have to cancel afterwards otherwise you're going to get blown up.

Example:

A character is moving in, they are in D2 range. You can throw out D2 and cancel into crowbar (best choice but easily reactable) and be safe but it's negative so joker has to take the follow up of the other character.

You can d2 canister (not a good choice for people that know the MU) because they can neutral jump the can and full combo punish joker.

D2 gun backdash, decent choice, to save yourself from immediately getting punished, but it puts joker back in a neutral state where he suffers or a character with an advancing string can blow that up on reaction

D2 teeth can be blown up by advancing strings or specials and most armored moves.

Essentially nothing is safe or truly effective when your opponent knows the Joker MU as all these moves can be countered easily or reacted and this is jokers most effective tool in neutral.
Legit my post was a counterpoint to the first paragraph in your post. How do you gather that I "overlooked" it?

Idk if you're just trying to be insulting or if you cannot read. If has to be one or the other if i'm being blunt.

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
Legit my post was a counterpoint to the first paragraph in your post. How do you gather that I "overlooked" it?

Idk if you're just trying to be insulting or if you cannot read. If has to be one or the other if i'm being blunt.
Not trying to be insulting, you seem to not understand how jokers d2 works so I tried explaining it to you. It has range yes but can't be used as a reactionary anti-air and is stupid unsafe which makes it unreliable. Do you get what I'm trying to say?

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
Dont worry about these trolls king keep posting your thoughts on match ups. Us batman players really appreciated all the info you put on here or atleast i do.

Ohh and you joker players go to your own forum this is a batman match up chart not jokers if you all dint notice
So wait, he says he has barely any MU experience and yet he's speaking on it like he does and we are trying to let him know that there's more to it to help out because we do have the experience and we are trolling? Yet he tells us to take the MU for what it is when he stated HE BARELY HAS THE MU EXPERIENCE.... Does that even make any sense? Last I checked it was a MU chart and joker was mentioned. Why can't we comment if we know what we are talking about? Clearly people that actually know the MU shouldnt speak which is the prime example of what is wrong with this community.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Great list

I think Batman vs BA could be 6-4 to Batman, cause once you corner BA with him it's a struggle but I need to play more

I agree with Atros

For CC I actually think it's 5-5 but we should try it out sometime

TheGangstaFace

Psn, Xbox, Twitter: TheGangstaFace
Great list

I think Batman vs BA could be 6-4 to Batman, cause once you corner BA with him it's a struggle but I need to play more

Yeah I agree. The matchup is laughable once BA gets cornered. CC I could see that. The neutral is actually kinda tough for Batman in this one

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Yeah I agree. The matchup is laughable once BA gets cornered. CC I could see that. The neutral is actually kinda tough for Batman in this one
Yeah the only thing I didn't try lab vs Cold if a Batman plays a zoning game but in my head it should be fine

Dont worry about these trolls king keep posting your thoughts on match ups. Us batman players really appreciated all the info you put on here or atleast i do.

Ohh and you joker players go to your own forum this is a batman match up chart not jokers if you all dint notice
I come on TYM to discuss fighting games. If someone says a MU is 5-5, I want to discuss their reasonings and follow it up with my reasonings. That's how we learn more. I really don't see the problem in this.

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
Great list

I agree with Atros

I say 5-5 because Black Adam damage is so high. All it takes is one mistake or one punish and Adam is in there like swim wear.

If Black Adam had normal damage it would definitely be Batman's favor

Red Hood MKX

Mercenary dog
I come on TYM to discuss fighting games. If someone says a MU is 5-5, I want to discuss their reasonings and follow it up with my reasonings. That's how we learn more. I really don't see the problem in this.

It's just sometimes it seems a little condescending how you guys explain whats going on in the match up. But Your right thats what tym is here for to explain and learn about the game, so apologies to you joker player's

It's just sometimes it seems a little condescending how you guys explain whats going on in the match up. But Your right thats what tym is here for to explain and learn about the game, so apologies to you joker player's
I could definitely see your perspective of things. I'm sorry if it came off as condescending, I actually had it in my mind to try not to be condescending in that post lol. I was just trying to make the point of how good trait bats are in the MU :)

Jugghead

Noob
It's
It's typically interesting and helpful when you get the perspective from a person who mains another character about the Batman MU. I go on other characters threads to get that info. I'm interested in what Green Arrow and Poison Ivy players thought of the Batman MU.