What's new

Batman matchup chart Injustice 2

RNLDRGN

RONALD ROGAN
What? Yes lol. There are plenty of characters in this game with a solid wakeup game or good pokes or both. Batman has neither. Yolo wakeup up batarang for the win. And if you really think it's as easy as "lol just mb roll out of the corner with bats" then the Batman hate is beyond real. Even the god Batman himself who made this thread gets trapped in the corner
Who said anything about going yolo or hating Batman?

No one is going to side with your argument that getting trapped in the corner is a significant weakness of Batman's bro lol. It happens in every fighter and Batman has tons of tools to address it. Just because a top Batman player has been cornered does not mean it's a legitimate issue with the character. It's cool if some of this is new to you, but you've got to take a step back and be both objective and realistic.

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
i feel BA is in BM favor because BA doesnt have any low starters so the threat of parry is a constant fear. Im a BA main and I choose BM mirror as counterpick
You've got to stop with this low starter nonsense. I think Batman might be favored, but certainly not because of that.

TheGangstaFace

Psn, Xbox, Twitter: TheGangstaFace
Who said anything about going yolo or hating Batman?

No one is going to side with your argument that getting trapped in the corner is a significant weakness of Batman's bro lol. It happens in every fighter and Batman has tons of tools to address it. Just because a top Batman player has been cornered does not mean it's a legitimate issue with the character. It's cool if some of this is new to you, but you've got to take a step back and be both objective and realistic.
You asked if there's a substantial number of characters that don't get demolished in the corner and my answer is UHH YES lol and I gave you reasons as to why that is and Batman has neither of the things I mentioned. I mentioned up batarang as his "wakeup", cuz that's actually more likely to work than wakeup slide.

And just because other characters in every fighter get mauled in the corner doesn't help your argument literally at all. I'd love to see you pick up Batman and see what you do when you're getting pressured to death in the corner. By that logic no character has a weakness I guess cuz other characters have that weakness.

And it's not new to me at all. I played the first game and I am being realistic. I think you're actually the one that's unrealistic

TheGangstaFace

Also Batman hatred never has to be mentioned lol. It's easily implied. If you literally say some dumb shit like Batman doesn't have a single weakness then clearly you have an agenda

SwagMountains

Yes we Kahn
This seems pretty accurate. I'm curious to see the deadshot mu, trait seems like it would be invaluable here. @RNLDRGN batman isn't thaaaat well rounded. he can't really play footsies outside of trait, which to be fair he often has, and he gets mauled in the corner. Regarding the ease of opening people up thing, as skill increases it becomes way harder for batman to actually crack a defense. All of his overheads are reactable, his crossups are rarely ambiguous and you can just delay wakeup most of his knockdown setplay stuff. For sure a good character, but he's still got problems dude. Not to say I would put him any lower than #7

ExpectFlames

Lord of embers
This seems pretty accurate. I'm curious to see the deadshot mu, trait seems like it would be invaluable here. @RNLDRGN batman isn't thaaaat well rounded. he can't really play footsies outside of trait, which to be fair he often has, and he gets mauled in the corner. Regarding the ease of opening people up thing, as skill increases it becomes way harder for batman to actually crack a defense. All of his overheads are reactable, his crossups are rarely ambiguous and you can just delay wakeup most of his knockdown setplay stuff. For sure a good character, but he's still got problems dude. Not to say I would put him any lower than #7
Be honest for our casual viewers that j2 is ambiguous af...

Vs joker, 6-4 AT LEAST. Batmans normals, neutral, combo potential, jumps and overall tools are wake better then joker in every way, not to mention safeness. Batman can outzone joker and can abuse joker in the corner, way worse then joker could. Everything about this MU is in batmans favor.
Last time we saw that MU in tournament play it was a 3-0 for Joker. Granted that Joker player happened to be Sonicfox it still remains to be seen if that MU is as bad as it might look on paper for Joker.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
He always has trait so it's kind of pointless to consider him without his trait. It very rarely happens. His footsies aren't as good as the top tiers but they are not a weakness by any means. He has a good walkspeed and dash to utilize.

Him getting mauled in the corner is also a bill imo. He still has a great j2 and he has wakeup slide that the opponents have to at least respect. He also has parry. That's not to mention universal options like the roll or MB B3 F3. I don't think he fairs any worse in the corner than most characters, and that's without trait. He rarely doesn't have at least 1 bat and if he does most corner pressure isn't that scary.

His crossups are absolutely ambiguous lol. Not sure what you mean by that. You can delay wakeup a ton of setplay in the game, that doesn't make it any worse. It's just an option you have to consider.

I can't see Batman being outside of the top 5 with proper trait management.

TheGangstaFace

He always has trait so it's kind of pointless to consider him without his trait. It very rarely happens. His footsies aren't as good as the top tiers but they are not a weakness by any means. He has a good walkspeed and dash to utilize.

Him getting mauled in the corner is also a bill imo. He still has a great j2 and he has wakeup slide that the opponents have to at least respect. He also has parry. That's not to mention universal options like the roll or MB B3 F3. I don't think he fairs any worse in the corner than most characters, and that's without trait. He rarely doesn't have at least 1 bat and if he does most corner pressure isn't that scary.

His crossups are absolutely ambiguous lol. Not sure what you mean by that. You can delay wakeup a ton of setplay in the game, that doesn't make it any worse. It's just an option you have to consider.

I can't see Batman being outside of the top 5 with proper trait management.
You literally neutral jump Batman on oki and you blow up the parry and whiff punish the slide...

You've got to stop with this low starter nonsense. I think Batman might be favored, but certainly not because of that.
the reason i see it as such a big deal is because ba cant do a lot of long distance stuff because upwards batarang and mech bats so if ba tries to rush bm down, unless he does sweep or lightning bm can trait up, parry and then release trait if ba doesnt come in with hands, 6-4 bm

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
I personally think Fate loses to Batman 6-4.

Major key components of this matchup are the following:

Batman's low hitbox makes him low profile Fate's projectiles at just outside midscreen, giving him time to call trait.

His trait lets him punish db2 at all ranges so Fate is always unsafe (unless trait or a bar is spent) up close and can not approach Batman without taking risk.

Finally, Batman along with characters like Canary, have a hitbox bug where F2 will randomly pass through them up close and 1,1 will entirely whiff on him as long as he is crouching, AND HE WILL BE CROUCHING.

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
the reason i see it as such a big deal is because ba cant do a lot of long distance stuff because upwards batarang and mech bats so if ba tries to rush bm down, unless he does sweep or lightning bm can trait up, parry and then release trait if ba doesnt come in with hands, 6-4 bm
Honestly just sounds like you are approaching the matchup the wrong way. Parry should never really be a factor, and if your opponent does gets parry happy, you have plenty of options.

DubiousShenron

Beware my power.
I personally think Fate loses to Batman 6-4.

Major key components of this matchup are the following:

Batman's low hitbox makes him low profile Fate's projectiles at just outside midscreen, giving him time to call trait.

His trait lets him punish db2 at all ranges so Fate is always unsafe (unless trait or a bar is spent) up close and can not approach Batman without taking risk.

Finally, Batman along with characters like Canary, have a hitbox bug where F2 will randomly pass through them up close and 1,1 will entirely whiff on him as long as he is crouching, AND HE WILL BE CROUCHING.
Not to mention j2 can't be reliably anti aired by fate (actually more of a universal problem with batman). His ability to low profile our normal projectile 90% of the time, combined with his bat trait, reduces our zoning effectiveness and prevents normal projectile traps from working on batman. Also cross up j2 is an easy reliable answer to our wakeup and he can punish glyph of Osiris with bats :/

The only thing I see batman really having to deal with is orb or orb freeze me even still he can just call bats and crouch under our projectile until the orb goes away.

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
i would like to know why catwoman is 4-6, really curious about that one
I said 5-5 or 4-6.

But yeah it has the potential to be 4-6 because Catwoman has the best forward walk in the game. So yeah Batman can zone her out, but not for long. After walking past 3-4 batarangs she's already in distance to J2 or MB B3 which will blow up a batarang for a full combo. Also if Catwoman chooses to she can sit full-screen and just cat evade under every batarang, so both characters are mutually gaining meter while neither are taking any damage. If Catwoman has the life lead in that scenario, Batman is forced to approach. Also another thing worth mentioning is Catwoman's D2 can consistently anti air Batman's J2 since her hurtbox is low during her D2.

So yeah with all that being said, I have the match up listed as 5-5 for now but if I had to say it was one characters favor it would be Catwoman

DubiousShenron

Beware my power.
I see what you're doing here, lulling people into a false sense of security so you can up batarang the sorry fools trying this into full combo into oki into j2 city.
Or just backdash out. If you're doing a neutral jump to bait a reversal, youre giving up your pressure

TheGangstaFace

And then he up batarangs.

Also Atrocitus and Black Adam have poor wakeups, doesn't stop them from being top 5.
End combos with better knockdown and that's not an issue and when did I ever say he wasn't top 5? Show me the exact quote. I'll wait. Actually I won't wait cuz I'll be here till I die

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
End combos with better knockdown and that's not an issue and when did I ever say he wasn't top 5? Show me the exact quote. I'll wait. Actually I won't wait cuz I'll be here till I die
Where did I say that I thought you said that he wasn't top 5 :DOGE

Also you usually have to sacrifice damage to get the better knockdowns and then you would still have the option of slide, parry, or waiting for the neutral jump. He has a better wakeup than most of the cast still.

TheGangstaFace

Where did I say that I thought you said that he wasn't top 5 :DOGE

Also you usually have to sacrifice damage to get the better knockdowns and then you would still have the option of slide, parry, or waiting for the neutral jump. He has a better wakeup than most of the cast still.
Mhm then what was the reason for mentioning it at all lol. And no the better knockdown would be able to avoid the Up bat and my wakeups. Literally any character that ends with enough knockdown Batman shouldn't move. Just block