What's new

Batman matchup chart Injustice 2

Jugghead

Noob
@ForeverKing

Any thoughts on Firestorm, Cold, Joker, Red Hood, Starfire, or Sub-Zero?
I'm no @ForeverKing but I'd say:

Firestorm 6-4 (maybe 5-5) - Does outzone Batman, but I think patience and bats can get you in safely and he has trouble fighting back consistently. Why maybe 5-5? His zoning is pretty strong, does good damage, has some plus frames, and a re-stand is always nice.

Joker 6-4 - Similar to Firestorm, except less tools to fight back and less damage. Some nice setups once he gets a knock down though.

Red Hood 5-5 - Similar to Firestorm and Joker but more tools to fight back. RH players love to throw mines so punishing them with grapple a few times a game is not uncommon. I've seen a lot of people say its 4-6 though. RH may have a slight advantage, but I don't think its 4-6 worthy.

Sub-Zero 6-4 - I've had success zoning him and forcing him to get in, which I think he can't easily do safely. As long as your not in the corner Batman has the advantage

Cold 5-5? - I thought I would run into more since SonicFox started using him, but haven't.

Starfire 4-6? - Haven't played this enough, but her zoning is really strong

Yes I know it's very early, and I still haven't even grinded many matchups much. But I'm bored in the car and figured some of you would be curious on my opinion regarding the Batman.

Aquaman 4-6

Atrocitus 5-5

Bane 6-4 or 7-3

Batman 5-5 or 6-4 if it's my Batman

Black Adam 5-5

Black Canary 6-4

Blue Beetle 6-4

Captain Cold (not enough mu exp)

Catwoman 5-5 or 4-6

Cheetah 6-4

Cyborg 6-4

Darkseid 5-5

Deadshot 4-6

Doctor Fate 5-5

Firestorm (not enough mu exp)

Flash 5-5 or 6-4

Gorilla Grodd 6-4 or 7-3

Green Arrow 4-6

Green Lantern 5-5

Harley Quinn 4-6

Joker (not enough mu exp)

Poison Ivy 6-4

Red Hood (not enough mu exp)

Robin 6-4

Scarecrow 6-4

Supergirl 5-5

Superman 6-4

Swamp Thing 6-4 or 7-3

Wonder Woman 5-5 or 6-4

If I say "or" that means it's debatable and I still need to play the match-up more to form a solid opinion. Like I said this is my early opinion so take it with a grain of salt but nevertheless this is what I think of Batman at this current moment in time. I put him anywhere from #4-7 on the tier list. Cheers
@ForeverKing can you explain a little about what it means to "grind matchups"? I know I'm probably sounding super noob (low key I'm a super beginner compared to yall lol). Like, i know what you mean in general -- like to play in training mode as batman and go through the roster facing other characters. But I never really understood what yall did in the training mode to figure this stuff out. Like Fox always says his character "stops a characters game". How does he figure this stuff out? I've spent hundreds and hundreds of hours in training and all I really have to show for it is execution lol. Can you give me some tips on what i need to be doing in training?

PS are you xbox of ps4? if ps4 lets ft10!

Tweedy

Noob
Starfire winning is a bill imo. I guess the narrative is b2 vs his jump ins but it's not an on reaction ant air. You can just watch her do it, then jump. Once you're in she can't anti air up close jumps in her dreams and gets bullied like any other character. I don't see the zoning being enough for it to be 6-4 Starfire.

TheGangstaFace

Psn, Xbox, Twitter: TheGangstaFace
Red Hood vs. Batman; I don’t have any dlc chars so I’m pretty much clueless...
Thanks in advance.
Basically red hood has more tools to win the zoning war along with lunge to help his mobility. Batman can’t punish lunge at all unless it’s the regular version and it’s right in his face. So you don’t wanna play red hoods game at all. Your objective is to push red hood to the corner and once you get him there he’ll stay there. Just make your way in patiently and pick your opportunities to shoot out mechanical bats. Once you manage to open him up try to end your combo with the grapple restand and dash forward to push him to the corner faster. You can get 2 forward dashes in then press a button and it’ll still combo. Red hood has no wakeup once he’s in the corner. Abuse the shit out of him

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
Basically red hood has more tools to win the zoning war along with lunge to help his mobility. Batman can’t punish lunge at all unless it’s the regular version and it’s right in his face. So you don’t wanna play red hoods game at all. Your objective is to push red hood to the corner and once you get him there he’ll stay there. Just make your way in patiently and pick your opportunities to shoot out mechanical bats. Once you manage to open him up try to end your combo with the grapple restand and dash forward to push him to the corner faster. You can get 2 forward dashes in then press a button and it’ll still combo. Red hood has no wakeup once he’s in the corner. Abuse the shit out of him
Hey everyone post in my new matchup chart instead of this one Thanks! :)

https://testyourmight.com/threads/post-patch-batman-mu-chart-injustice-2.65654/

ForeverKing

@ForeverKing can you explain a little about what it means to "grind matchups"? I know I'm probably sounding super noob (low key I'm a super beginner compared to yall lol). Like, i know what you mean in general -- like to play in training mode as batman and go through the roster facing other characters. But I never really understood what yall did in the training mode to figure this stuff out. Like Fox always says his character "stops a characters game". How does he figure this stuff out? I've spent hundreds and hundreds of hours in training and all I really have to show for it is execution lol. Can you give me some tips on what i need to be doing in training?

PS are you xbox of ps4? if ps4 lets ft10!

ForeverKing

I'm no @ForeverKing but I'd say:

Firestorm 6-4 (maybe 5-5) - Does outzone Batman, but I think patience and bats can get you in safely and he has trouble fighting back consistently. Why maybe 5-5? His zoning is pretty strong, does good damage, has some plus frames, and a re-stand is always nice.

Joker 6-4 - Similar to Firestorm, except less tools to fight back and less damage. Some nice setups once he gets a knock down though.

Red Hood 5-5 - Similar to Firestorm and Joker but more tools to fight back. RH players love to throw mines so punishing them with grapple a few times a game is not uncommon. I've seen a lot of people say its 4-6 though. RH may have a slight advantage, but I don't think its 4-6 worthy.

Sub-Zero 6-4 - I've had success zoning him and forcing him to get in, which I think he can't easily do safely. As long as your not in the corner Batman has the advantage

Cold 5-5? - I thought I would run into more since SonicFox started using him, but haven't.

Starfire 4-6? - Haven't played this enough, but her zoning is really strong