What's new

Batman matchup chart Injustice 2

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
Yes I know it's very early, and I still haven't even grinded many matchups much. But I'm bored in the car and figured some of you would be curious on my opinion regarding the Batman.

Aquaman 4-6

Atrocitus 5-5

Bane 6-4 or 7-3

Batman 5-5 or 6-4 if it's my Batman

Black Adam 5-5

Black Canary 6-4

Blue Beetle 6-4

Captain Cold (not enough mu exp)

Catwoman 5-5 or 4-6

Cheetah 6-4

Cyborg 6-4

Darkseid 5-5

Deadshot 4-6

Doctor Fate 5-5

Firestorm (not enough mu exp)

Flash 5-5 or 6-4

Gorilla Grodd 6-4 or 7-3

Green Arrow 4-6

Green Lantern 5-5

Harley Quinn 4-6

Joker (not enough mu exp)

Poison Ivy 6-4

Red Hood (not enough mu exp)

Robin 6-4

Scarecrow 6-4

Supergirl 5-5

Superman 6-4

Swamp Thing 6-4 or 7-3

Wonder Woman 5-5 or 6-4

If I say "or" that means it's debatable and I still need to play the match-up more to form a solid opinion. Like I said this is my early opinion so take it with a grain of salt but nevertheless this is what I think of Batman at this current moment in time. I put him anywhere from #4-7 on the tier list. Cheers

TheGangstaFace

Psn, Xbox, Twitter: TheGangstaFace
I like this. I agree with this even though I think if anything Superman - Batman is 5-5 but you probably do it better than me so

Edit: also Supergirl players think Batman wins lol. No

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
Vs joker, 6-4 AT LEAST. Batmans normals, neutral, combo potential, jumps and overall tools are wake better then joker in every way, not to mention safeness. Batman can outzone joker and can abuse joker in the corner, way worse then joker could. Everything about this MU is in batmans favor.

ForeverKing

I like this. I agree with this even though I think if anything Superman - Batman is 5-5 but you probably do it better than me so

Edit: also Supergirl players think Batman wins lol. No
I beat all the best Superman players, Theo Slayer KDZ etc. Superman wins the full-screen zoning war of course but Batman wins the half-screen zoning war. And your only two forward dashes/jump forwards to get from full screen to half screen, after ducking a laser or blocking a non-MB sweeping laser you get a free forward dash. Or you can just jump forward on reaction of jump over.

Anyways yeah at half screen distance, you want to summon trait bats and mix up straight batarangs with up batarangs. Try to make safe reads on Superman's jumps with up batarangs, whether he is going for air laser or air dash if he gets clipped by up batarang you convert with trait grapple for a combo. Also at that half screen range you can try to react to lasers, launch trait bats jump forward grapple for a punish.

With Supergirl its different. Her teleports make you hesitant to zone, also her trait lasers being so fast force you to approach. Batman has to play very slow and patient in this matchup, rushing like a maniac is going to make you get hit random lasers which make you lose trait. Watch me vs Toxin winner's finals at CEO Citrus Clash for a good idea of how Batman vs Supergirl matchup is played

TheGangstaFace

Psn, Xbox, Twitter: TheGangstaFace
I beat all the best Superman players, Theo Slayer KDZ etc. Superman wins the full-screen zoning war of course but Batman wins the half-screen zoning war. And your only two forward dashes/jump forwards to get from full screen to half screen, after ducking a laser or blocking a non-MB sweeping laser you get a free forward dash. Or you can just jump forward on reaction of jump over.

Anyways yeah at half screen distance, you want to summon trait bats and mix up straight batarangs with up batarangs. Try to make safe reads on Superman's jumps with up batarangs, whether he is going for air laser or air dash if he gets clipped by up batarang you convert with trait grapple for a combo. Also at that half screen range you can try to react to lasers, launch trait bats jump forward grapple for a punish.

With Supergirl its different. Her teleports make you hesitant to zone, also her trait lasers being so fast force you to approach. Batman has to play very slow and patient in this matchup, rushing like a maniac is going to make you get hit random lasers which make you lose trait. Watch me vs Toxin winner's finals at CEO Citrus Clash for a good idea of how Batman vs Supergirl matchup is played
I see, I'll see about playing the midscreen game next time. And yeah Ik how the Supergirl matchup plays. I play it all the time. Def have 5-5. If she had damage she'd probably win I think

ForeverKing

Vs joker, 6-4 AT LEAST. Batmans normals, neutral, combo potential, jumps and overall tools are wake better then joker in every way, not to mention safeness. Batman can outzone joker and can abuse joker in the corner, way worse then joker could. Everything about this MU is in batmans favor.
Even without playing this matchup much, I disagree with a lot of these things you said. Batman doesn't out zone Joker anymore, maybe in Injustice 1 but definitely not the case in Injustice 2. Joker's DF1 gunshot is very fast startup/recovery with pretty good damage, I promise you that if both characters have a projectile war and never approach eachother Joker wins hands down. You're right about the damage potential, but Batman has some of the shortest range normals in the game. Batman's neutral is pretty much his trait bats, definitely not his normals. Joker's normals are superior. Jumps are good from both characters I would say almost about equal. Joker is also pretty nasty in the corner and on knockdown with teeth unblock able setups.

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
I see, I'll see about playing the midscreen game next time. And yeah Ik how the Supergirl matchup plays. I play it all the time. Def have 5-5. If she had damage she'd probably win I think
@x TeeJay o just posted stuff about supergirl doing more damage then people thought. I believe it was teensy. Him or takesss. I always get them confused lol

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
I agree with Harley, Catwoman and Wonder Woman.
I think Catwoman might defeat him and Wonder Woman lose in the long run but 5-5 for Catwoman seems right as of now.

Vengeance135

Saltiest Joker Player
Even without playing this matchup much, I disagree with a lot of these things you said. Batman doesn't out zone Joker anymore, maybe in Injustice 1 but definitely not the case in Injustice 2. Joker's DF1 gunshot is very fast startup/recovery with pretty good damage, I promise you that if both characters have a projectile war and never approach eachother Joker wins hands down. You're right about the damage potential, but Batman has some of the shortest range normals in the game. Batman's neutral is pretty much his trait bats, definitely not his normals. Joker's normals are superior. Jumps are good from both characters I would say almost about equal. Joker is also pretty nasty in the corner and on knockdown with teeth unblock able setups.
If joker has a health lead, the zoning war can favor him IF he is careful. At certain ranges trait can punish gun shot on read. But if batman has the health lead the zoning war for sure goes in his favor. Batarangs mixed with trait will check joker from dashing in, which means he will have to inch is way in while batman builds meter. Don't get me wrong joker builds meter while zoning but all joker has is the gun that is truly effective.

Jokers normals are awful. D2 has great range but extremely unsafe and slow, his 21 whiffs on more then half the roster and it's a mid with no range. 32 has a hella slow start up and the ending follow ups are easy to deal with. For example if you blocked a joker j2 and they are about to follow up with 32 you can parry between the j2 and 32. 32 canister can be neutral jumped for a full combo punish. 32 crowbar can be parried and 32 teeth can be punished by d1 slide. Jokers f23 is decent but the hitbox is small and the start up is slow With the recovery being terrible. 11 starts high and has no range.

As far as jumps are concerned, jokers j2 is ass, jokers instant j3 can be traded with all of batmans jumps except for his j3 I believe, if batman instant jumps his attacks. Delaying jumps of ANY kind with joker will have batman beat out his jumps for a full combo. Also, batman doesn't have to deal with jokers jumps because batmans d2 annihiliates jokers jump ins. If the batman player doesn't jump around or actually makes reads jumping, the sky is still his. Jokers only threat in the sky is j1 but it's only a threat if instantly used. But don't forget batman had anti air batarangs that give him a full combo.

As far as jokers corner game, delayed wake up nullifies A VAST MAJORITY of his setup potential in the corner. Delayed wake up and a push block and joker is at neutral where he completely suffers. The key to the Joker MU is knowing the setups. You know his setups and his threat level decreases exponentially. Batman realistically just needs a tony health lead and he is in the driver seat.

I know you said you don't have much joker experience but once you do have it, you will see, joker isn't much of a threat to batman.

ForeverKing

Can you explain Batman vs Deadshot? Iv never seen it and use neither character.
Deadshot pretty much controls the pace of the matchup. He's zoning Batman out and forcing Batman to come to him, gaining meter while Batman isn't gaining meter walk crouch walk crouching his way in.

Then when Batman does finally get in, Deadshot has unreactable 50/50's and Batman doesn't. Also Deadshot has a lot of meter from zoning so he has a lot pushblock ready on deck. 5 bounce shots on block is a full bar of meter, 8-9 whiffed high shots is a full bar of meter

i feel BA is in BM favor because BA doesnt have any low starters so the threat of parry is a constant fear. Im a BA main and I choose BM mirror as counterpick

Espio

Kokomo
Cheetah probably loses worse than 4-6.
I actually think the Batman/ Blue Beetle MU is 5-5 or slight advantage Beetle.
Up batarang and trait kind of make sure that Blue Beetle doesn't win the match up and it probably is losing because of the fact that Batman controls so many parts of the screen once he gets a lifelead and you pretty much have to chase him down on the ground or eat air batarangs trying. Beetle does better than most because he can actually anti-air and if he gets a lifelead he can maintain it with zoning and spacing. His pressure is effective against Batman especially on knockdown, but Batman does it better and pressures better too.

Dr4che

i will fix the bug ;)
Cheetah probably loses worse than 4-6.
Up batarang and trait kind of make sure that Blue Beetle doesn't win the match up and it probably is losing because of the fact that Batman controls so many parts of the screen once he gets a lifelead and you pretty much have to chase him down on the ground or eat air batarangs trying. Beetle does better than most because he can actually anti-air and if he gets a lifelead he can maintain it with zoning and spacing. His pressure is effective against Batman especially on knockdown, but Batman does it better and pressures better too.
i also say its 5/5 when i am loosing against a BA i loose against the player not the matchup i have a video up in the bb section against a very good bats. You need to build pressure not just zone one kd and its party time for beetle