What's new

Strategy Baraka Frame Data

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Wait so 1,2,2 is PLUS TWENTY FIVE on block. Dayyuuuummmmm
its -5 on block
the cancel adv when canceling the last hit 2 into a special is +25
baraka has pretty good cancel adv for everything that his specials have such fast start up

its -5 on block
the cancel adv when canceling the last hit 2 into a special is +25
baraka has pretty good cancel adv for everything that his specials have such fast start up

Ok im trying to grasp this cancel advantage concept. If 122 has cancel adv of +25 on block does that mean baraka can follow up with a 2, b+3 combo and not be punished. I've been in training mode trying to modify my gameplay based on the data but the numbers don't seem to work in real combat.

1man3letters

Ok im trying to grasp this cancel advantage concept. If 122 has cancel adv of +25 on block does that mean baraka can follow up with a 2, b+3 combo and not be punished. I've been in training mode trying to modify my gameplay based on the data but the numbers don't seem to work in real combat.
no cancel adv is when canceling into another normal that is not the last hit in the string or canceling into a special
heres a example. 1 is 13 frames,it has a cancel adv of +17 on block, the next 2 in the 12 string comes out in 18frames so that 1 has a cancel adv of +17 there is a one frame gap to try armor.
12 has a cancel adv on block of +16,slices is 11 frames so if u cancel 12 into slices there is no gap to interrupt

no cancel adv is when canceling into another normal that is not the last hit in the string or canceling into a special
heres a example. 1 is 13 frames,it has a cancel adv of +17 on block, the next 2 in the 12 string comes out in 18frames so that 1 has a cancel adv of +17 there is a one frame gap to try armor.
12 has a cancel adv on block of +16,slices is 11 frames so if u cancel 12 into slices there is no gap to interrupt

Ok if I'm understanding correctly, Cancel advantage shows an opponents ability to interrupt a cancelled combo while on block. D+1 = -1 cancel advantage, so an opponent could potentially use the 1 frame advantage to interrupt using a fast armored special. D+3 = +1 adv, so an opponent could interrupt using an armored special faster than the one cancelled into e.g. Reptile ex-dash vs slices D+3 cancel. Baraka's other moves have so much cancel advantage that the cannot be interrupted.

If that is the case, then I question the following data:

B+3,1 = +8
--- From my understanding this combo is not cancel-able. Is the +8 in reference to finishing the whole combo?

F+4 = +13
--- This move is not cancel-able, so what does +13 mean?

1man3letters

Ok if I'm understanding correctly, Cancel advantage shows an opponents ability to interrupt a cancelled combo while on block. D+1 = -1 cancel advantage, so an opponent could potentially use the 1 frame advantage to interrupt using a fast armored special. D+3 = +1 adv, so an opponent could interrupt using an armored special faster than the one cancelled into e.g. Reptile ex-dash vs slices D+3 cancel. Baraka's other moves have so much cancel advantage that the cannot be interrupted.

If that is the case, then I question the following data:

B+3,1 = +8
--- From my understanding this combo is not cancel-able. Is the +8 in reference to finishing the whole combo?

F+4 = +13
--- This move is not cancel-able, so what does +13 mean?
b31 has cancel adv because you can do f1 after b31 (b31f1)
same reason f4 has it for the f4,4 string

pretty much all u need to know is on block besides d1/d3 into special all of rakas normals has enough cancel adv to get a special off uninteruped
and the gaps in his normal strings ive posted in pig of the huts interuping strings thread in the general discussion forum

1man3letters

*just made a small edit to the cancel advantage on hit data*

much love and much thanks to Somberness for sending me the data,
if theres anything baraka stuff you come across just drop me a pm.

1man3letters

Somberness could i ask you to test something for me when u have the time to do so...
that f4 is +9 on hit on a standing opp,
what is the frame advantage given when f4 is used as a reset after b31, b31 x2 and b31 x3 taking them out of air at highest point?
(prob easiest to test them in corner maybe)

thanks in advance

Somberness

Lights
Somberness could i ask you to test something for me when u have the time to do so...
that f4 is +9 on hit on a standing opp,
what is the frame advantage given when f4 is used as a reset after b31, b31 x2 and b31 x3 taking them out of air at highest point?
(prob easiest to test them in corner maybe)

thanks in advance
After two B31s, I got +16 twice. After 3, I got +12. More height, more advantage.

*just made a small edit to the cancel advantage on hit data*

much love and much thanks to Somberness for sending me the data,
if theres anything baraka stuff you come across just drop me a pm.
Hey I just noticed that F+4,4 is listed as 3 frames in Execution section and F+4 is listed as +3 in cancel advantage on hit. Not sure if that's correct?

KH_Captain

Nightwolf wannabe
i was wondering why when i do b32eh slicer which is neutral then i was doing d1 slices but was gettin interrupted a lot, then when i started doing d3 slices it was working more often. Now i know go figure baraka the only person who has a faster d3 than d1. shit is good cuz if they block the whole thing you basically build the bar you use right back

1man3letters

i was wondering why when i do b32eh slicer which is neutral then i was doing d1 slices but was gettin interrupted a lot, then when i started doing d3 slices it was working more often. Now i know go figure baraka the only person who has a faster d3 than d1. shit is good cuz if they block the whole thing you basically build the bar you use right back
d1~slices if the d1 is blocked can be poked out before the slices,
but the d3 of d3~slices can be jumped at neutral frames

King Roosta

The Duke of the Donk
The down is mainly good for anti air. imo.

1man3letters

the down is good for aa?
d1 im taking it as d3 aint no use against a airborne opp, doesnt even low his hitbox too much compared to some other d3s.
anyway if u do mean d1, is very risky and baraka has much better AA tools at his disposal

KH_Captain

Nightwolf wannabe
damn 1man stop shootin us down lol! you know you gotta be risky in this game right??? can't be 100% safe all the time ESPECIALLY with Baraka Obama!

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
damn 1man stop shootin us down lol! you know you gotta be risky in this game right??? can't be 100% safe all the time ESPECIALLY with Baraka Obama!
Usually I agree, but not with AA. D1 with AA is really hard to time right and can be beaten by a lot of shit. Blade Spin and F44 F4 are WAY better because one is braindead easy to do to people on reaction, and the other resets your opponent right next to you for continued pressure.

1man3letters

im not shooting down anyone,
firstly i had no idea what the guy was talking about as he said "down was a good AA" so i took what i could from that being d3/d1.
baraka d3 is useless for AA,not risky,useless.
and d1 is very risky seeing as all he can really get consistently is d1~charge while u risking getting full comboed, of course at times you have to be risky but when the risk far far out weighs the reward i dont see the point in doing it when we a spin etc for AAs.
its called discussing strats for the char,if u look through the forum you'll see ive been "shoot down" for saying certain things, just because someone posts something we should call it gold, we have to explore all options and situations, baraka is such a poor char we cant afford to make mistakes,especially in tournies

but if you guys would prefer ill just keep my strats and thinking on the char to myself or if im hurting anyones feelings out there im keep my baraka stuff to pm's,im sorry but when things like d1/d3~slices are being thrown about as godlike block pressure without anyone mentioning the frame gap to were alot of chars can full combo punish you i just cant stand by,again its not shooting things down, its helping other baraka players understand the char more, im gettin a little tired of people giving me shit for trying to help the baraka community out

KH_Captain

Nightwolf wannabe
no no don't take it wrong i know what u sayin. n understand you postin flaws in his options. Just my minor trollin.I did lol it mind you. Just mentioning that a lot of his stuff is flawed, but that doesn't change how fun the character is and the feeling of accomplishment to win with him. since when did baraka have anything godlike though?

Miss Kanzuki

*KANZUKI GOON SQUAD*
but if you guys would prefer ill just keep my strats and thinking on the char to myself or if im hurting anyones feelings out there im keep my baraka stuff to pm's,im sorry but when things like d1/d3~slices are being thrown about as godlike block pressure without anyone mentioning the frame gap to were alot of chars can full combo punish you i just cant stand by,again its not shooting things down, its helping other baraka players understand the char more, im gettin a little tired of people giving me shit for trying to help the baraka community out
NOOO!! please don't :(
We appreciate it <3