What's new

Strategy Baraka Frame Data

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
no no don't take it wrong i know what u sayin. n understand you postin flaws in his options. Just my minor trollin.I did lol it mind you. Just mentioning that a lot of his stuff is flawed, but that doesn't change how fun the character is and the feeling of accomplishment to win with him. since when did baraka have anything godlike though?
ok then i apologise for that rant, i thought the lol was as in "cmon man" kind of way.
v1.0 raka had a f4~chop chop infin in the corner that closest thing to godlike he had,haha
the auto correct chop was also pretty beast for the radien and kung lao MUs.
or when he could do a stupid amount of b31s in a row.
damn NRS why you nerf all our filth :( suppose we got the new d1,spin and ex charge buffs

1man3letters

NOOO!! please don't :(
We appreciate it <3
yea sorry for that rant, i thought that user was giving me shit for pointing out certain things, was a misunderstanding, was my fault.

ps.if we could talk talk on AAs etc to the general discussion thread rather than the frame data thread,that would be handy also

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
yea sorry for that rant, i thought that user was giving me shit for pointing out certain things, was a misunderstanding, was my fault.

ps.if we could talk talk on AAs etc to the general discussion thread rather than the frame data thread,that would be handy also
We forgive you. But Im still going to abuse D3 slices :p

1man3letters

We forgive you. But Im still going to abuse D3 slices :p
like i said before,your right to keep doing it till they fuck u up for doing it but i still want baraka holes as known as possible,i cant stand getting away with something i shouldnt be, just makes me feel the win wasnt as deserved as if your opp knew the baraka MU 100%, so i forgive you too :p

KH_Captain

Nightwolf wannabe
ok then i apologise for that rant, i thought the lol was as in "cmon man" kind of way.
v1.0 raka had a f4~chop chop infin in the corner that closest thing to godlike he had,haha
the auto correct chop was also pretty beast for the radien and kung lao MUs.
or when he could do a stupid amount of b31s in a row.
damn NRS why you nerf all our filth :( suppose we got the new d1,spin and ex charge buffs
lol i was kind of worried you'd take it the wrong way when i made the post but i figured wth i'll take a chance. I never played baraka during the old version not till he got the fullscreen eh blade charge. if i'd of known about those things i probably would have though. just to try and troll with the inf online. only infinite i ever had the chance to use was sindels then they took it out really soon after i figured out how to do it. thanks NRS for takin away my ability to troll people with inf. and block inf.

1man3letters

lol i was kind of worried you'd take it the wrong way when i made the post but i figured wth i'll take a chance. I never played baraka during the old version not till he got the fullscreen eh blade charge. if i'd of known about those things i probably would have though. just to try and troll with the inf online. only infinite i ever had the chance to use was sindels then they took it out really soon after i figured out how to do it. thanks NRS for takin away my ability to troll people with inf. and block inf.
ah its ok man,dont worry about it, im normally up for a bit of banter but was in a pissy mood eariler anyway so your post just gave me a reason to vent when i took it as serious,again sorry,my bad

oh the auto correct chop chop was some craic back in those days, you really could never jump at baraka back then...suppose not much has changed lol

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
Ok I'm misunderstanding frame data and how it works or something. So someone please clarify. I was under the impression the safest thing to do was slices after 221+2 right? On block 221+1 give you an 8 frame advantage right? Well it says slices has a 11 frame start up so isn't that interruptable with a move that has less than a 11 frame start up after 221+2? B11 sounds safer, but has a slow recovery. What am I missing with frame data? I have a suspicion it's something simple.

1man3letters

Ok I'm misunderstanding frame data and how it works or something. So someone please clarify. I was under the impression the safest thing to do was slices after 221+2 right? On block 221+1 give you an 8 frame advantage right? Well it says slices has a 11 frame start up so isn't that interruptable with a move that has less than a 11 frame start up after 221+2? B11 sounds safer, but has a slow recovery. What am I missing with frame data? I have a suspicion it's something simple.
there is a link marked "how to understand this" on the 1st post that might help you out understanding the frame data more.

only un-interuputable normals (including armor) after 22 1+2 is d3(6frame) and d1(7frame) because of it being +8 on block.
one his main options that can only be beaten by armor is f4(if f4 hits they must block another f4,f44 option aswell),
b1,1 can be ducked and will whiff so its not as good of a option
when your opp respects baraka frame traps you can mix it up with move with longer startup as they will be blocking waiting to counter what they think is coming

JagoMIH

Noob
D+1 into F+4 or 4~blade charge is great for AA but it's likely not to happen. You have a better chance AAing with U+4.

I would suggest spin, chop chop, or D+2. If you D+2 them high enough you get a free blade charge pretty easily. Backdashing VS their jump in, and then D+2 is also great, the hitboxes on his uppercut are so great, and even go behind his head some. For air to air jump punches, you can get dash in B+3,1 into combo of your choice fairly easily.

1man3letters

D+1 into F+4 or 4~blade charge is great for AA but it's likely not to happen. You have a better chance AAing with U+4.

I would suggest spin, chop chop, or D+2. If you D+2 them high enough you get a free blade charge pretty easily. Backdashing VS their jump in, and then D+2 is also great, the hitboxes on his uppercut are so great, and even go behind his head some. For air to air jump punches, you can get dash in B+3,1 into combo of your choice fairly easily.
yea i tried the whole d1 to f4/4 before, its nice but as you mentioned its not a legit strat for all situations.
u4 does have a great use for taking people out of the air for a full combo in the corner if u do a u4 after a corner reset and they try jump out

yes baraka's d2 is godlike,the hitbox is huge because of the blades,i love getting the d2 to charge combo

1man3letters

Oh yeah, I think jump kick into blade charge can be a good option too. :)
indeed, are you talking about an air to air jump kick to charge or deep jump kick to charge? both good though.

ive been messing around with baraka deep jump kicks, midscreen cant get more than a charge or a super tight f4 but have a 40% no meter combo off one in the corner

JagoMIH

Noob
Yes, talking about both. And if they block it, the deep jump kick, you should be at a little advantage, am I correct?

1man3letters

Yes, talking about both. And if they block it, the deep jump kick, you should be at a little advantage, am I correct?
indeed you are correct sir, a angled jump kick ranges from +18 to -1 depending on how low or high it is according to somberness's general data thread,
so pretty much deep jump kick the shins off them to get some free f4,4 on block :)

Jago Ehhhh, it's not really so easy to catch a B31 off an A2A punch. Or at least, I've never had much luck with it.
I've found simply doing 4xxCharge for a little damage, or a F4 and mix-up are the better choices for cathing them in the air.

1man3letters

Jago Ehhhh, it's not really so easy to catch a B31 off an A2A punch. Or at least, I've never had much luck with it.
I've found simply doing 4xxCharge for a little damage, or a F4 and mix-up are the better choices for cathing them in the air.
yea and there a risk to trying the b3,1 from the A2A because if it whiffs your eating a wakeup attack for sure

King Roosta

The Duke of the Donk
Yeah I didn't proof read that. I did mean the down one. Don't get confused, I never said it was his best aa. Just that if there was a use for that move, it was aa.

King Roosta

The Duke of the Donk
I would say going for the frame trap mix up is always the better option. This is definitely a game where you want people standing up and having to guess what you're going to do next.

1man3letters

Somberness question for you...

is there a formula i could use to find out the active and recovery frames of moves from the duration(whiff) data?

i would like to find out the active and recovery frames of chop chop and spin

1man3letters

shame his big hitbox stops from d1/d3 having much use with crossovers :(

i love his 6 frame d3 though,only him and cyber sub got them, be helpful if it lowered his hurtbox a bit more and had more than +2 on hit but hey we cant have it all