What's new

Strategy Baraka Frame Data

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
frame data updated with more info thanks to sorberness
thanks riu!

and thank you so so much [MENTION=3937]Somberness[/MENTION] , you legend!!! :top:

so many minus things for such slow moves but glad to know
b1 is +5 on block and +12 on hit, more + frames for raka, score!

didnt think f2,2 and chop on block would be as bad as they were on block,u4 i thought would be worse

also b4 has more adv on block and u3 by +1,does this mean most u3 setups can be used of b4?
b4 just keeps getting better can better,found out today in the corner you can combo charge or spin after it...unscaled :wow:

1man3letters

[MENTION=3937]Somberness[/MENTION]

just noticed the 1,2,2 or b3,2,2 strings was not in the list,
do you have the data on that please?

Somberness

Lights
@Somberness

just noticed the 1,2,2 or b3,2,2 strings was not in the list,
do you have the data on that please?
Baraka sure has a lot of moves, my bad, thanks for noticing.
EXE
1,2,2 - 55
B+3,2 - 33
B+3,2,2 - 67
BADV
1,2,2 - -5
B+3,2 - -18
B+3,2,2 - -14
HADV
1,2,2 - +3
B+3,2 - +6
B+3,2,2 - +42
DUR
1,2,2 - 87
B+3,2 - 71
B+3,2,2 - 101

1man3letters

indeed he does and thanks to you i know how minus on block alot of them are haha

thanks for adding the extra ones,
this will be big help to the raka kommunity :irishjig:

Death

Noob
So Barakas blade charge is still -16 from the furthest pushback point? I always thought it was safe from the max pushback point?

1man3letters

So Barakas blade charge is still -16 from the furthest pushback point? I always thought it was safe from the max pushback point?
was suprised by the numbers myself but if a blade charge is done from the tipping point of blades (unless your in a baraka mirror or shang steals your soul) most advancing specials just dont have the time to get there,even nightwolfs shoulder doesnt seem to be consitant

Death

Noob
was suprised by the numbers myself but if a blade charge is done from the tipping point of blades (unless your in a baraka mirror or shang steals your soul) most advancing specials just dont have the time to get there,even nightwolfs shoulder doesnt seem to be consitant
Yeah whenever I blocked barakas Blade charge at max range and tried to Roll it wouldnt work. The baraka player seemed to have enough time to recover, block and blow me up.

King Roosta

The Duke of the Donk
Baraka frame traps

Block Advantage

(B+1 = +5 frames on block)

D+3 - 6
D+1 - 7
Blade Spin - 7
Throw - 10
Blade Charge - 10
Slices - 11
D+2 - 11

(2,2,1+2 = +8 frames on block )

D+1 - 7
Blade Spin - 7
Throw - 10
Blade Charge - 10
Slices - 11
D+2 - 11
4 - 12
D+4 - 12
F+4 - 12
4 - 12
1 - 13
3 - 13

(U+3 = +10 frames on block )

D+1 - 7
Blade Spin - 7
Throw - 10
Blade Charge - 10
Slices - 11
D+2 - 11
B+1 - 16
B+3 - 17
F+2 - 19

Hit Advantage

(B+3,2 = +6 frames on hit not on block)

D+1 - 7
Blade Spin - 7
Throw - 10
Blade Charge - 10
Slices - 11
D+2 - 11
D+4 - 12
F+4 - 12

(1,2 = +8 frames on hit not on block)

D+1 - 7
Blade Spin - 7
Throw - 10
Blade Charge - 10
Slices - 11
D+2 - 11
1 - 13
3 - 13
D+4 - 12
F+4 - 12

(F+4 = +9 frames on hit not on block)

D+1 - 7
Blade Spin - 7
Throw - 10
Blade Charge - 10
Slices - 11
D+2 - 11
1 - 13
3 - 13
F+4 - 12

(2,2 - +10 frames on hit not on block)

D+1 - 7
Blade Spin - 7
Throw - 10
Blade Charge - 10
Slices - 11
D+2 - 11
1 - 13
3 - 13
B+1 - 16
F+4 - 12
D+4 - 12

(3 - +11 frames on hit not on block)

D+1 - 7
Blade Spin - 7
Throw - 10
Blade Charge - 10
Slices - 11
D+2 - 11
1 - 13
3 - 13
B+1 - 16
B+3 - 17
F+4 - 12
D+4 - 12

(2,1 = +12 frames on hit, not on block) or (B+1 = +12 frames on hit, not on block)

D+1 - 7
Blade Spin - 7
Throw - 10
Blade Charge - 10
Slices - 11
D+2 - 11
1 - 13
3 - 13
B+1 - 16
B+3 - 17
F+4 - 12
D+4 - 12

(D+4 = +13 frames on hit, not on block)

D+1 - 7
Blade Spin - 7
Throw - 10
Blade Charge - 10
Slices - 11
D+2 - 11
1 - 13
3 - 13
B+1 - 16
B+3 - 17
F+4 - 12
F+2 - 19
D+4 - 12

So... here are moves that are positive on hit or block, and what they can lead in to.

1man3letters

^ that is the hardest post to read ive ever seen on tym :sick: ^

plus of the things u do list you've left out many options and alot of the things that are postive on hit are unsafe on block which u do not mention

King Roosta

The Duke of the Donk
Holy crap. my bad, that is not how it looked when I posted it. lol. Of course I didn't mention that. I didn't say they were safe, I just said, "If you hit with this move, you have this many frames to play with." I don't know what I left out, other than special moves. I didn't list the special moves every time, because they're pretty much all 11 and under. I'm gonna edit it, to try to make it more legible.

King Roosta

The Duke of the Donk
Do I really need to tell you that something that is positive on hit isn't necessarily positive on block? If I do, you should probably take this game back to gamestop.

1man3letters

Do I really need to tell you that something that is positive on hit isn't necessarily positive on block? If I do, you should probably take this game back to gamestop.
no you dont,because i can read and also do simple maths to work out frame traps,both things u cant seem to do
and if you bothered to read through the other threads you'd see everything u mentioned is mentioned a dozen times and much more easier to read and also mentions the drawbacks,also frame traps on hit are unless if u dont have a option for when there blocked which you also failed to mention

also there are moves that are both safe and + on hit so maybe u should spend more time learning the game instead of talking shit on a internet forum,
take it from your attitude youve been spending too much time in the online chat in mk,

you'd be quite foolish in all honesty to try call me out because ill make u look like the fool u clearly are

oh and i dont shop at gamestop

ITS JUST AWESOME AWESOME FUCKING AWESOME

thx for this full baraka frame data, it`ll help alot for all Baraka players.

B+1 being +5 on block is interesting will have to test it :)

cant wait for sub full frame data ;d

edit. LOL +11 on sweep LOL :D im so happy LOL its really interesting, i need to go to lab

1man3letters

B+1 being +5 on block is interesting will have to test it :)

edit. LOL +11 on sweep LOL :D im so happy LOL its really interesting, i need to go to lab
yea b+1 being +5 is a nice new find alright,so far best way ive found to use it a jip because it jails and cant be ducked then use the adv to go for d2/d1/d3 but there better things raka can do of a jip so i dunno,will have to look into it more

yea b4 being +11 is crazy,by the way did u see i posted u can reset off a b4 on hit in the corner or get 9% extra unscaled damage :)

King Roosta

The Duke of the Donk
Are you sure you can read? I mean with gems like, "I can do maths!" That's just lolcat quality there. Also, "are unless if u dont" How did that sound in your head, because there is just no sentence where those words fit together like that. I know that there are moves that are safe on block. I think you missed the point of the post. All of these things I "failed to mention" have nothing to do with my post. I'm not making a strategy guide here. I was just posting some data. Spending too much time in the mk chat? This is the first thread I've posted in. You have 610. I can't believe you said I'd "be quite foolish to try call you out." What poorly translated B-movie did you come from? When you first said that my post was the hardest thing you've ever read, I thought it was my fault. After seeing you try to type; I'm no longer surprised.

1man3letters

Are you sure you can read? I mean with gems like, "I can do maths!" That's just lolcat quality there. Also, "are unless if u dont" How did that sound in your head, because there is just no sentence where those words fit together like that. I know that there are moves that are safe on block. I think you missed the point of the post. All of these things I "failed to mention" have nothing to do with my post. I'm not making a strategy guide here. I was just posting some data. Spending too much time in the mk chat? This is the first thread I've posted in. You have 610. I can't believe you said I'd "be quite foolish to try call you out." What poorly translated B-movie did you come from? When you first said that my post was the hardest thing you've ever read, I thought it was my fault. After seeing you try to type; I'm no longer surprised.
haha if your going to quote me at least get what i say right mr.grammar nazi :yeradick:
and the bmovie i come from is "i am awesome",did very well at the box office
by mk chat,i meant playin mk online
it doesnt matter how many posts i or yourself have but when u try call someone out like u did,i have no problem exposing the idiotic things u say or your ability to read a thread
like take the game back to gamestop,what are you 12? you going to say you had butt sex with my mother next???

your not worth my time bro :hand:

King Roosta

The Duke of the Donk
I'm not being a grammar Nazi. Grammar nazis nitpick about small spelling errors and punctuation. The words you posted were so mangled they were barely comprehensible. Which of the quotes did I get wrong? Which of those things did you not say? "I am awesome"? Who directed it? Uwe Boll? You can't make a comment about maturity when you have a dancing penis in your post.

1man3letters

^point proven :yeradick::yeradick::yeradick:(ladies and gentleman put your hands together for the dancing penis trio)

^point proven :yeradick::yeradick::yeradick:(ladies and gentleman put your hands together for the dancing penis trio)
it was literally my first time posting in these forums earlier, and you made me not want to post again because you are quite possibly mildly retarded. literally almost all the topics in this subforum you have the last post in, and you post the most inane shit imaginable, sometimes not even relating to what you're trying to respond to.

no one wants your input.

1man3letters

it was literally my first time posting in these forums earlier, and you made me not want to post again because you are quite possibly mildly retarded. literally almost all the topics in this subforum you have the last post in, and you post the most inane shit imaginable, sometimes not even relating to what you're trying to respond to.

no one wants your input.
sorry i made ya feel like that, all i was doing was trying to point out the data u left out of said post,
mildly retarded?? again why so quick to insult, just because i tried to make your post more complete???
the point that i comment alot here has nothing to do with anything really so dunno why your bringing that up

i couldnt give a flying ex fuck who wants my input,im going to give it anyway,
thats the joy of a internet forum,anyone can post wat the fuck they want,just like you

check your ego at the door