What's new

Strategy Baraka Frame Data

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
EX Chop Chop blows up low hitbox characters trying to stuff Spin with D3's. What's not to like about that? ;)
true,
i wish we got something more with ex chop rather than the extra damage, u can do more damage off a normal chop juggle so i guess the extra wake up frames make ups for it....kinda :rolleyes:

EVB SomeCubanGuy

*Hissssssssssss*
Well we always have EX Slices for that little bit extra. I agree though, we should definitely be able to combo off EX Chop Chop. That move was pretty much useless before this discovery.

1man3letters

1man3letters Zoidberg747

Baraka's wakeup isn't the best, but yeah you still gotta respect. He has three good options, 2 of which are fully startup invincible, and the 3rd with EX now.
not including ex moves we have 3 that are covered by the 11 wake up frames,not just 2, spin(7) charge(10) and slices (11),
as per my earlier post, if you include ex we have 7 moves that are either covered by the 11 frames/20 frames

EVB SomeCubanGuy

*Hissssssssssss*
Yeah you're correct...fuck why'd I say 2 lol. So 7 huh...4 of which are 0 on block, and 5 that can hit mid. Yeah his wakeup game is very solid. Probably the most robust of the entire cast if you ask me just because of how many options he has. The only other character that has about as many and might be better is Jax. Baraka's wakeup options are definitely top 4 or 5. Sigh...yet he's still bottom 5. Really MK community??? Really?

1man3letters

Yeah you're correct...fuck why'd I say 2 lol. So 7 huh...4 of which are 0 on block, and 5 that can hit mid. Yeah his wakeup game is very solid. Probably the most robust of the entire cast if you ask me just because of how many options he has. The only other character that has about as many and might be better is Jax. Baraka's wakeup options are definitely top 4 or 5. Sigh...yet he's still bottom 5. Really MK community??? Really?
true and people also say the game is gettin more and more footsies based but a char who is made of footsies is still ass, REALLY?!? lol

yea baraka's wakeup game is solid,and a mixup in its self, if your opp trying to neutral duck the spin it opens up others and so on and so forth,people should know if you knock baraka dowen BACK THE FUCK UP FOOL!

im no jax expert but doesnt sweep pretty much shut down his wakeup options?
i know sweeping ex overhead is hit and miss with raka though

EVB SomeCubanGuy

*Hissssssssssss*
true and people also say the game is gettin more and more footsies based but a char who is made of footsies is still ass, REALLY?!? lol

yea baraka's wakeup game is solid,and a mixup in its self, if your opp trying to neutral duck the spin it opens up others and so on and so forth,people should know if you knock baraka dowen BACK THE FUCK UP FOOL!

It covers 2 (Overhead Smash and Dash Punch), but Gotcha Grab will hit, and sometimes Overhead Smash too if you time it wrong. Plus you gotta worry about if he has meter or not. He's a pain to deal with on wakeup. You pretty much have to crouch outside of sweep range and see what he does. If he Dash Punches, all we can really do is uppercut (unless someone else has a better idea, cuz I have yet to find a better punish), and if he Overheads then you can stick out a D+4 as he recovers then start pressure. If he Gotcha Grabs, there's nothing you can do cuz that retarded ass move recovers too fast. Fuck I hate Jax lol.

1man3letters

It covers 2 (Overhead Smash and Dash Punch), but Gotcha Grab will hit, and sometimes Overhead Smash too if you time it wrong. Plus you gotta worry about if he has meter or not. He's a pain to deal with on wakeup. You pretty much have to crouch outside of sweep range and see what he does. If he Dash Punches, all we can really do is uppercut (unless someone else has a better idea, cuz I have yet to find a better punish), and if he Overheads then you can stick out a D+4 as he recovers then start pressure. If he Gotcha Grabs, there's nothing you can do cuz that retarded ass move recovers too fast. Fuck I hate Jax lol.
just tested to make 100% sure before i posted, b4 does make gotcha miss, you cant punish because the recovery like u said though.

with punishing jax dash punch outside of d2 (which is what i use myself also) is 4~charge, since jaxs is in the air when he dash punches it combos unlike a 4 cancel on a grounded opp, also on the ex dash punch u can f4,4 combo on recovery frames on whiff, doesnt work with normal one though,
both these options need you to be spot on spacing and if you react to jaxes movement for the 4 punish,if ex dash comes out its bad times for rakas face

Qwark28

Joker waiting room

damn ur ex wakeups you freak

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
So Krys9984 and I are doing a video for Jade on when to EN Glow during block strings. What strings for Baraka do you know FOR SURE have gaps? Somberness anyone?

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Essentially. That is why you get people who constantly complain "Why can I not do anything after your d3, im trying to counterpoke." Essentially a hit D3 guarantees another D3.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
You can no longer cancel f4 so there is no "cancel advantage for it"

Also, you can cancel b31? Are you sure?

1man3letters

You can no longer cancel f4 so there is no "cancel advantage for it"

Also, you can cancel b31? Are you sure?
it has cancel adv because after f4 there is a 4 (f4,4 string) and after b31 is f1 (b31f1 string)
its there to find gaps in strings not just cancels into specials,
f44 has no gaps but b31f1 has a 13 frame gap after the b31 and before the f1