What's new

Strategy Baraka Frame Data

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
its -1 on block cancel adv no matter what special it is canceled into,not just slices

by the way ive found use/mindgames for the 212 string on hit lately,with the knockdown adv being greater if opp tech rolls,u can really mess up your opp wake up attacks if u use it right ;)
Why would you cancel it into anything but slices? lol

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Why would you cancel it into anything but slices? lol
oh believe me, there is a VERY good reason ;)
ill be making a "how to fight baraka" vid like reo and thtb did for kabal/mil and reptile in next few days and after that ill have another vid for the tarkatan army to explain what i mean, been testing it for last 3 weeks or so and the tech is alot more viable thought i ever thought it would be

XXFleshtrapXX

imma eat choo!
I'm actually wondering if that +12 on hit with ex spark could be useful. It seems to cause a good but of stagger. I doubt it would be anything worth using a meter for.

1man3letters

I'm actually wondering if that +12 on hit with ex spark could be useful. It seems to cause a good but of stagger. I doubt it would be anything using a meter for.
yea when the frame data was 1st released for raka i was like oh +12 thats interesting, wonder where i can fit that in but as ya mentioned ya need meter to use it and its full combo for opp on block up close.
21 gives +12 on hit and is 0 on block
b1 gives +12 on hit and is +5 on block
so i can get the same adv with just normals and be safe while i do it

it was said before that ex spark hits all crouch blocking chars instead of just flying over there head like with spark, this doesnt work on all chars and even on the ones it does sometimes it doesnt which no one seems to talk about,maybe because no one uses ex spark.

personally the only time ive ever used it is trading with another fireball and using the adv to try dash in a bit closer to set up a safe charge,kinda like how cage players throw out ex forceball on block from a distant to help get in

XXFleshtrapXX

imma eat choo!
personally the only time ive ever used it is trading with another fireball and using the adv to try dash in a bit closer to set up a safe charge,kinda like how cage players throw out ex forceball on block from a distant to help get in
I've actually found it pretty useful for ending rounds with would be zoners, who only have a very small life lead trying to finish me off with projectiles. But then again, Ex charge would be just as effective if you have enough health to eat a projectile. The only time I every use spark effectively is just inside of fullscreen to close the distance I need to advance to get a safe charge. Seeing as however bad the spark maybe, its actually damn good at stuffing jump ins because it flies so high. So I dash blade spark to stuff a possible jump in, dash d4 to stop the opponent from advancing, straight into charge. 2,2,1+2, b3,1, 4, or b1,1 charge puts me at almost the PERFECT distance to do that as well.

I was thinking more along the lines of using the ex spark in grounded combos. I swear there is enough advantage on hit to f4 after 2,2, 1+2 or B3,F1 ex spark. It seems if the opponent tries to jump out the f4 stuffs it every time before they even leave the ground. But if they block it seems like the best case scenario is you put them in a guessing game. So if that's the case yeah it might be useless as Baraka has far easier ways to get resets, high hitting ones at that. I'll keep fooling around with it in practice though.

EVB SomeCubanGuy

*Hissssssssssss*
Baraka already has plenty of tools to get guaranteed F+4s. EX Spark is just too risky. It's -21 on block, and it whiffs against small hitbox characters if they're in crouch block. The risk just isn't worth the reward.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

1man3letters

yea fleshtrap, somecubanguy pretty much hit the nail on the head, the risk not worth the reward upclose but its still nice to know what u can do when/if ex spark does hit upclose

the way u mentioned closing out a round with it in a trade is prob a good use for it alright and it does do 2% more than ex charge does

XXFleshtrapXX

imma eat choo!
Yeah at this point I'm more worried about capitalizing on damage with my Raka, and landing a 2,2,1+2 is just too much of a opportunity for damage or a high hitting reset to mess around. Canceling that string with ex blade spark is what I was messing with, seeing as its easy to tell if its been blocked so you can opt for the slices instead. Same with 2,1, slices which I use for pressure and building meter. Its easy to read for me as well but only if the first hit connects, so then I'll opt out for chop chop for the max damage I could get off that string if it hits. For what its worth, it seems like you can get some free slices pressure with a close up hit from ex spark if anything, but that's it.

Does slices make all his cancel-able strings 0 on block?

1man3letters

Yeah at this point I'm more worried about capitalizing on damage with my Raka, and landing a 2,2,1+2 is just too much of a opportunity for damage or a high hitting reset to mess around. Canceling that string with ex blade spark is what I was messing with, seeing as its easy to tell if its been blocked so you can opt for the slices instead. Same with 2,1, slices which I use for pressure and building meter. Its easy to read for me as well but only if the first hit connects, so then I'll opt out for chop chop for the max damage I could get off that string if it hits. For what its worth, it seems like you can get some free slices pressure with a close up hit from ex spark if anything, but that's it.

Does slices make all his cancel-able strings 0 on block?
yep makes strings is 0 on block, but please for the love of the elder gods dont abuse d1/d3~slices on block, u prob wont but u should be getting blown up for tryin that

on canceling 22 1+2 to ex spark on hit, only really use for that can think off your opp is near dead just about to get breaker so u use a unbreakable projectile and use the +12 to go for chip or a throw for the kill

XXFleshtrapXX

imma eat choo!
yep makes strings is 0 on block, but please for the love of the elder gods dont abuse d1/d3~slices on block, u prob wont but u should be getting blown up for tryin that
Great that opens up my options a great deal, I'm been messing around with 1,2,1 slices because it seems to be one of his "faster" strings but wasn't sure if slices always left me at 0. I just like some of the slower strings like 2,1 because they cover more distance, and are easier to read a hit and get the max damage. And yeah, I never d1 slices I've read you guys talking about it's unsafe on block. I only use d3 really to try and get a blade charge or reset after a hit with b4

1man3letters

Great that opens up my options a great deal, I'm been messing around with 1,2,1 slices because it seems to be one of his "faster" strings but wasn't sure if slices always left me at 0. I just like some of the slower strings like 2,1 because they cover more distance, and are easier to read a hit and get the max damage. And yeah, I never d1 slices I've read you guys talking about it's unsafe on block. I only use d3 really to try and get a blade charge or reset after a hit with b4
121/122 best from jump in punches really as it jails or if opp is respecting your frame traps to much, 1st 1 is duckable outside jip

d3~charge??? d3 after a b4(on hit) sure as it resets opp to standing but d3 charge doesnt combo so you can get blown up for doing a charge that close

XXFleshtrapXX

imma eat choo!
121/122 best from jump in punches really as it jails or if opp is respecting your frame traps to much, 1st 1 is duckable outside jip

d3~charge??? d3 after a b4(on hit) sure as it resets opp to standing but d3 charge doesnt combo so you can get blown up for doing a charge that close
If you d3 after b4 very quickly it actually juggles for 0% and you can land a charge off of it 14%, I'm in the process of trying to get the timing down in practice, I'm not sure if its practical or not, but it seems to happen to me more often than the reset. And yeah I have had a few people duck that 1 so try not to throw it out as often as 2,1.

1man3letters

If you d3 after b4 very quickly it actually juggles for 0% and you can land a charge off of it 14%, I'm in the process of trying to get the timing down in practice, I'm not sure if its practical or not, but it seems to happen to me more often than the reset. And yeah I have had a few people duck that 1 so try not to throw it out as often as 2,1.
put the cpu on standing block always then try b4,d3~charge, the charge can be blocked more often than it will hit,
use d3~slices for that setup instead and you'll be golden, extra chip and extra meter ;)

EVB SomeCubanGuy

*Hissssssssssss*
I just realized Somberness is missing the data for the 122 string. Not sure, but it looks like it's much more plus on hit than 121. It looks like it causes a small stagger state letting you dash in and D+3 into pressure. I've tested it and dash in D+3 is guaranteed against everyone, so it has to be at least +7. Not sure if it's safe on block, but it's irrelevant since it can be cancelled into Slices.

Also, anyone know if B+1 jails?

XXFleshtrapXX

imma eat choo!
put the cpu on standing block always then try b4,d3~charge, the charge can be blocked more often than it will hit,
use d3~slices for that setup instead and you'll be golden, extra chip and extra meter ;)
Yeah that seems to work alot better now. After about 2 hours of fucking around in practice, I've come to the realization that the b4,d3 juggle even if you can pull it off isn't very practical anyway.

SomeCubanGuy I was messing with that string earlier, but trying to get juggles with it seeing as the final 2 has that range or so I thought. Didn't notice it wasn't in the frame data.

1man3letters

I just realized Somberness is missing the data for the 122 string. Not sure, but it looks like it's much more plus on hit than 121. It looks like it causes a small stagger state letting you dash in and D+3 into pressure. I've tested it and dash in D+3 is guaranteed against everyone, so it has to be at least +7. Not sure if it's safe on block, but it's irrelevant since it can be cancelled into Slices.

Also, anyone know if B+1 jails?

122 cancel adv is the only thing missing, seeing as all his strings have more block cancel adv that the speed of his specials, i assume this is no different, Somberness can u confirm this?

122 is +3 on hit, not +7

any 16 frame or less normal jails so yes b1 jails, b11~slices also jails

EVB SomeCubanGuy

*Hissssssssssss*
122 cancel adv is the only thing missing, seeing as all his strings have more block cancel adv that the speed of his specials, i assume this is no different, Somberness can u confirm this?

122 is +3 on hit, not +7

Where'd you get it was +3 from? And that is very good to know the B+1 jails...

1man3letters

Where'd you get it was +3 from? And that is very good to know the B+1 jails...

page 3 theres a post from somberness with a spoiler tab in it
hit adv 122 +3 ;)

i have all the ways raka can jail in one of my older notepads,
ill try find it later and pm you the data

EVB SomeCubanGuy

*Hissssssssssss*
Ah ok, yeah I found it. -5 on block isn't bad. Makes for excellent bait against unsafe fast punishes. And damn, I seriously thought he had more advantage than +3 :/

Somberness

Lights

122 is +3 on hit, not +7

block 1,2,2 - +25
hit 1,2,2 - +34
Sorry, could you add all the updates?

1man3letters

block 1,2,2 - +25
hit 1,2,2 - +34
Sorry, could you add all the updates?
thanks man will do now :D

uh oh just noticed the cancel adv of 22 1+2 not there either, i need to wear my glasses more :oops:
also i thought i something the other day so might as well ask ya now...is there any change to the block disadv from chop chop if only the last "chop" is blocked rather than the 1st?

Somberness

Lights
Either I don't know how to block the last chop or it is still -26.
This got a little confusing to me with 221+2 because the last hit is actually 2 hits. So, you are going to have change the execution number if I did it correctly.
exe
2,2,1+2 - 12 (9 last hit)
bcadv
2,2,1+2 - ≥+17
hcadv
2,2,1+2 - ≥+15
edit: got rid of the 2nd bcadv since it doesn't apply.

1man3letters

Either I don't know how to block the last chop or it is still -26.
This got a little confusing to me with 221+2 because the last hit is actually 2 hits. So, you are going to have change the execution number if I did it correctly.
exe
2,2,1+2 - 12 (9 last hit)
bcadv
2,2,1+2 - ≥+17
hcadv
2,2,1+2 - ≥+15
edit: got rid of the 2nd bcadv since it doesn't apply.
great stuff, ill edit them in now, thank you

so just on the chop thing on rare time i get the end of the chopping animation dash blocked at if were the last swing of the arm they blocked instead of being sucked in by the vacuum,was just pondering did that make the block stun less, prob just wishfull thinking on my part

thanks again :)

1man3letters

actually Somberness could i ask one more baraka question of you please?
what are the recovery frames on a whiffed chop chop and whiffed spin? (i know that kinda two questions :oops:)