What's new

General/Other - Balanced Balanced became balanced? (10/04/16 changes)

trufenix

bye felicia
Man, some of you guys are taking serious genuine offense when someone says Kenshi might be OK.

Bloody hell.
Listen man, Kenshi's d+2 actually deals damage to him and if you land a combo over 5 hits, the opponent gets their stamina bar refilled. His fatalities don't even kill, he just does a pole dance with his sword and winks.

What other character in the game has that kind of struggle?

trufenix

bye felicia
I remember when Kenshi, Takeda, and Kitana were considered bottom 3 in the first version of the game.

Fast forward to now, and Kenshi after a bazillion buffs is still meh, Takeda was buffed to top tier and has stayed there for a year, and Kitana is godlike now with ridiculous tools added.

How did this happen?

/Done
Because balancing games isn't an exact science and the community is wildly inconsistent about what it wants.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
Quoting Pig, the tech to win with Balanced is that one that modifies the c++ code, takes him out of the game, and puts him into another one.

coconutshrimp

Damn vro, hadda mess with yo auntie
Kenshi clearly isn't viable because nobody has ever made top 8 with him. If Kenshi was any good, he would have won a major by now like all those other characters Sonicfox mains.
Ik he isn't viable, just what you said sounded weird

Zabru

My blade is broken damn right better than yours!
Kenshi clearly isn't viable because nobody has ever made top 8 with him. If Kenshi was any good, he would have won a major by now like all those other characters Sonicfox mains.
Pig made top 3 at first season of ESL grand finals with balanced (the only guy to make sonic switch characters to counter play) but that guy is a demon.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
What the fuck is this downplaying? We literally got some incredible buffs that make his mid screen game incredibly strong. The only thing that was lost was ex rising karma no longer having armor and that is compensated by being -1 which means you have a safe way to end block strings that you are not fully confident in hit confirming without meter. He still has his staggers which is always nice. The universal nerf to stamina helps him greatly. I don't see the problem here. All you options open up at mid range, that is where kenshi gets all his mind games, all his advantage, where all his tools have excellent use, etc. Not to mention our meter building is still amazing. Is he top 10? Probably not, but to say he is worse than pre-patch is downplaying of the highest caliber. It is like you are going out of your way to try and convince yourself the character is trash while completely ignoring what the character does well.
This.

Tonight I literally lost track of time fighting people and labbing matchups. I can't remember the last time I was able to do that in MKX. I don't think I've ever felt as comfortable with Balanced/with the game as a whole until now.

You guys can hate and moan and bitch all you want...I am fucking set. And I challenge anyone who's still on the Live side of things to try and knock me out of my happy place, because I need all the training I can get for NEC.

Seriously.
Mark my fucking words.
If everyone else wants to cry foul and act like all hope is lost, go for it. I could care less. I fucking love my character the way he is, and with any fucking luck I'll be able to bring some scalps home to House Box in December and shut everyone the hell up.

#KenshiLives

This.

Tonight I literally lost track of time fighting people and labbing matchups. I can't remember the last time I was able to do that in MKX. I don't think I've ever felt as comfortable with Balanced/with the game as a whole until now.

You guys can hate and moan and bitch all you want...I am fucking set. And I challenge anyone who's still on the Live side of things to try and knock me out of my happy place, because I need all the training I can get for NEC.
You're gonna compete in nec with kenshi?

DR.Innuendo

Kitana, Kenshi, Triborg
Man, some of you guys are taking serious genuine offense when someone says Kenshi might be OK.

Bloody hell.
i know all i said is i think he might be alot better than he has ever been before. said i could now do EX Push into a follow uo EX push. OH slash can now be used in some combos with no gap, and at full screen OH slash can Grant a follow up EX push. may not be much but its possible and then Tele-Flurry allows a follow up EX push fullscreen. i set AI to Record and had AI on reversal it was subby with EX slide. in case you wanted to test. but damn. nevermind kenshi is sahit and can never get better happy. OMFG guys chill out.

DR.Innuendo

Kitana, Kenshi, Triborg
We had a loooong road until today and seeing that he might end up like this is beyond depressing.

Personally, I like to hear all points of view, and if someone thinks Kenshi is ok now, i'm all ears to hear the reasoning.

Unless they are based on weak assumptions or straight up lies, as certain comments in the thread show. I have no patience to stand that after 18 months of agony.
just test some things, i wasnt saying Tel-Flurry grants another telflurry, i was saying full screen: Tele-Flurry and OH Slash you can EX Push without interuption and cuz the double hitting armor its safe to do so. and EX push allows another EX push im just glad he got buffs. and think he is better than before. damn Kenshi mains are touchy.

DR.Innuendo

Kitana, Kenshi, Triborg
"Overhead Slash is faster and has less miss and Recovery" LIE.

"Tele-Flurry has less Recovery and is faster" LIE, intelligence insulting double lie in fact, that deserves to stop reading your post.

" Overhead slash also has more hit advantage and now on EX can launch and also grants follow up now" LIE.

"Push is basically safe anywhere and EX push is positive on block, and grants follow up and launches almost full screen!" LIE.

"yeah he lost armor, but its a universal nerf to armor launchers. get over it and realize that part is not a nerf because everyone lost it. all characters lost its Defense and Offense from Launching armors. not only Kenshi." LIE, find why just below your avatar image.

I could continue, and mention all those buffs like +1 on block exteleflurry that you naively overestimate, but I will summarize in these terms:

I have seen, through all the game's life, a long list of Kenshi prophets (I'm not going to give names) saying "the character is good", "the character is better after this patch", "the character is underrated, you all downplay", etc, etc, etc, many of them expressing themselves in similar terms like you, with misguiding information and straight up lies, backing their statemens with 0 real experience, just theory crafting. What in the end happens, is that all of them disappear in the shadows having proved nothing and realizing the truth, Kenshi remains being trash (now more than ever), and we lose time.

Just consider, only for a moment, that if people using this character for 18 months (including the only player that has had tournament success with this piece of shit that Balanced is) all agree in saying that Balanced is not only bad, but WORSE in this patch, maybe, ONLY maybe, we have a point and know what we are talking about.
lets just drop the argument, i found 40% corner meterless off B3: B32 xx DB1- F32 xx DB1- 43 xx BF2 = 40% meterless off Low starter.

DR.Innuendo

Kitana, Kenshi, Triborg
This.

Seriously.
Mark my fucking words.
If everyone else wants to cry foul and act like all hope is lost, go for it. I could care less. I fucking love my character the way he is, and with any fucking luck I'll be able to bring some scalps home to House Box in December and shut everyone the hell up.

#KenshiLives
#TeamKenshi
#FellowSwordsman
#ViableKnshi

I am now Watchiung your stream and a fan. thank you kind sir for not giving up on kenshi, you are a true main. the tru mains stick with character no matter what others say. they don't give 2 fucks what tier lists say and what the character has been before. that is a Loaylist. and if a main says my character sucks every time he loses he loses all respect in my book.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
#TeamKenshi
#FellowSwordsman
#ViableKnshi

I am now Watchiung your stream and a fan. thank you kind sir for not giving up on kenshi, you are a true main. the tru mains stick with character no matter what others say. they don't give 2 fucks what tier lists say and what the character has been before. that is a Loaylist. and if a main says my character sucks every time he loses he loses all respect in my book.
Let's fucking do this, homie.
New dawn, new day, new Box, new blade.

Injustice 2 is coming.
But there is no way in fuck I am letting the sun set on this game without staining my sword with the blood and salt of my foes.

Maybe I'll die.
Maybe I'll kick ass.
Maybe I'll get to ride a pony.
I have no idea.
But come NEC, we're gonna have some fucking fun.

Zabru

My blade is broken damn right better than yours!
lets just drop the argument, i found 40% corner meterless off B3: B32 xx DB1- F32 xx DB1- 43 xx BF2 = 40% meterless off Low starter.
They will just block low and react to the OH or just block low if you have no meter.

They will just block low and react to the OH or just block low if you have no meter.
Can't you condition with a throw? Stagger? Do that leg OH form time to time? Punish something? Catch them pressing buttons? I'm not arguing, but there are options to open people.