What's new

General/Other - Balanced Balanced became balanced? (10/04/16 changes)

DR.Innuendo

Kitana, Kenshi, Triborg
The voice of reason will be determined by actual results.
You do realize that there is thousands of Tier Whores and only a couple of Kenshi mains. that's not good odds to see him break Top 8's. Probably a very good reason why we don't see him. Example: CSZ Madzin top 3, Dualist Kang recent 2nd, Cyrax Mustard 8th FR. those are just some examples of characters that were very bad characters on Bottom of tier list every time in YOMI's and anyone else tier list that mattered and despite all odds had top appearances. But don't see it often do we. That's not because they are not capable it's just not in our favor.
We basically have a 1/100 chance even though the character is completely viable to do so imo. just when there is such good competition and so little Kenshi Mains not looking so good.

Zabru

My blade is broken damn right better than yours!
He says we are downplaying then says there is a 1/100 chance of Kenshi making top placements in tourney. That isn't the definition of "completely viable".

DR.Innuendo

Kitana, Kenshi, Triborg
He says we are downplaying then says there is a 1/100 chance of Kenshi making top placements in tourney. That isn't the definition of "completely viable".
Did I say you were downplaying? I said someone said I was downplaying, which honestly confuses me. Let's just drop it, guys. Kenshi is bad or good who cares I'm getting buffs :)
what I meant was you guys don't want others to say Kenshi is good because you 100% feel he is bad. Which I get and understand. I'm not trying to make you sound bad. For real. just was expressing my viewpoint. that's all. Lets drop it.

Zabru

My blade is broken damn right better than yours!
Did I say you were downplaying? I said someone said I was downplaying, which honestly confuses me. Let's just drop it, guys. Kenshi is bad or good who cares I'm getting buffs :)
what I meant was you guys don't want others to say Kenshi is good because you 100% feel he is bad. Which I get and understand. I'm not trying to make you sound bad. For real. just was expressing my viewpoint. that's all. Lets drop it.
Hey man I'm glad you're happy with him. You're free to say what you want and express your view, I just get a little triggered when some people seem really happy with these slight changes and tell us that it's a new era for Kenshi. It's been 18months and this patch should have hit right after launch imo.

DR.Innuendo

Kitana, Kenshi, Triborg
Hey man I'm glad you're happy with him. You're free to say what you want and express your view, I just get a little triggered when some people seem really happy with these slight changes and tell us that it's a new era for Kenshi. It's been 18months and this patch should have hit right after launch imo.
Yeah i do think some things could get better, Id personally like a few changes myself with balanced alone.

I'd like D4 to be faster.
Tele-flurry(BF3) should have less recovery on wiff and on block.
Overhead Slash(DB4 close, mid and far) should come out way faster and less miss recovery.
Rising Karma (DB1) and Karma Eruption (EN DB1) in my mind should be much faster on startup so we can react to Jump ins with it. this where i differ from others, they would rather get armor back on it. but I embraced the changes fully, and would rather help it in other ways.

but I am happy with the change si got, but still want more to be clear. I do think he is better than before though. just there are characters that over time we will see just blow through his defenses like nothing. In my experience Cassie - Spec Ops/Hollywood/Brawler all get through so easy. and It is a very uphill battle for Kenshi Balanced.

Us swordsman need to stick together!

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
As much as i want this variation to work. Its probably time to just stick to possessed. Possessed fits this meta wonderfully. Balanced gets knocked down and cant do much about it. :(
If nrs decides to give some love to current useless exrisingkarma and other small changes, Balanced will have a chance in this meta.

Right now he's just garbage, definitely one of the worst variations in the game, that should never be used in serious games.

LastKarma

Under The Red Hood
If nrs decides to give some love to current useless exrisingkarma and other small changes, Balanced will have a chance in this meta.

Right now he's just garbage, definitely one of the worst variations in the game, that should never be used in serious games.
Yea its sad. Pre patch balanced kenshi was terrible...The best thing about him was ex rising karma. Now thats gone. I cant help but imagine Kenshi with the current tools AND ex rising karma.

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
I don't seriously understand most of your points about balanced. I'm going try and limit this as much as possible.

Look. There was balance changes to all. Even a hotfix the princess armor queen. Balanced ain't that bad. Possessed is stronger. I would say the go too variation but balanced ain't too bad.

ismael4790

I don't seriously understand most of your points about balanced. I'm going try and limit this as much as possible.

Look. There was balance changes to all. Even a hotfix the princess armor queen. Balanced ain't that bad. Possessed is stronger. I would say the go too variation but balanced ain't too bad.
Test him vs good players that know the matchup, then come back and tell us.

Balanced is far from being "not that bad". He's absolute garbage.

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
Test him vs good players that know the matchup, then come back and tell us.

Balanced is far from being "not that bad". He's absolute garbage.

Hey. I said my peace. He's not that bad. Is he going to win tournaments? No.

Would he be better then pre patch with out the general patch to the game? Yes. And so would most. This is my point.

Considering what he's lost and the countless times he's been buffed. I've littery lost count, he's ok. Not great. Not special. Not da best. Ok.

He's been designed horribly and in a Frankensteinish way. You can't make that better. Littery nrs has CLEARLY TRIED I don't need to prove shit you know this.

Balanced is what it is. So I think. In my opinion. MY opinion. He's ok.

ismael4790

Hey. I said my peace. He's not that bad. Is he going to win tournaments? No.

Would he be better then pre patch with out the general patch to the game? Yes. And so would most. This is my point.

Considering what he's lost and the countless times he's been buffed. I've littery lost count, he's ok. Not great. Not special. Not da best. Ok.

He's been designed horribly and in a Frankensteinish way. You can't make that better. Littery nrs has CLEARLY TRIED I don't need to prove shit you know this.

Balanced is what it is. So I think. In my opinion. MY opinion. He's ok.
Nrs did probably the worst move in this patch for this variation, removing the only thing that made him slightly good and had been giving him a chance to create some respect. Gave him lots of buffs throught the patches, and the majority of them have been useless and solved 0 of his problems. Don't tell anyone that nrs is trying when teleflurry is still -43 on whiff lol. They are so scared to make mk9 Kenshi that they will probably never give this variation what he needs to be competitive.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, that's for sure. But facts are facts. Having basically 4 or 5 good/even matchups (probably less now) doesn't fit with my definition of "ok".

FiercePhil56

Up-playing loyalist
My knee jerk reaction to the armor removed on rising karma was the same - wow variation bad. But I've been having real success online zoning people out. Something to realize is he can still aa with armor push, it's not quite as auto hit and doesn't combo, but pushes em out full screen and is an option. Often you just have to be ready with d2~flurry if it comes to that, but you can control space with rising karma. Thing people don't realize is that move recovers surprisingly fast, it's not that bad to whiff it, and at that range is where you use it to catch people trying to jump over push or just run in.

Just want to mention a few more things I think could be helpful. Take this dude into training and set up the bot to reversal slide on sub or reptile. I think you'd be surprised how safe a lot of these zoning moves are now, try out different ranges. Once you get em blocking running in and throwing becomes your best friend. Point is he has the +armor to back it up, and you build a lot of meter making em block all the things on their way in, one success here and they have to traverse the mine field again, as you build more meter.

With all the system changes his archetype just seems to fit in much better too. You can take more risks trying to keep people out because they can't very well armored launch you anymore.

And yes teleports can be hard to deal with but it certainly hasn't been breaking my game. They get too clever with it and you get some juicy meterless damage

PS: Ex rising karma is not that great, but it is a good panic move- comes out 3f faster, pushes em back and is ultra safe, slices up half the damn screen in front of you.