What's new

General/Other - Balanced Balanced became balanced? (10/04/16 changes)

ChaosTheory

A fat woman came into the shoe store today...
Now we have to save meter for our precious push to get out of pressure and take a juicy 14% lol
But that should be par for the course for armor, not 1/3 of a life-bar. And it seems like that actually is par for the course in MKX now.

I was in the minority that thought pre-patch Kenshi wasn't quite AS bad as a lot of people made him out to be... but I certainly can't see how the overall changes to MKX's neutral/meta didn't help a character like Kenshi. It's like this dude in another thread losing his goddamn mind because (Cybernetic) Kano doesn't have armor on EN Kano Ball, without looking at the overall picture.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
But that should be par for the course for armor, not 1/3 of a life-bar. And it seems like that actually is par for the course in MKX now.

I was in the minority that thought pre-patch Kenshi wasn't quite AS bad as a lot of people made him out to be... but I certainly can't see how the overall changes to MKX's neutral/meta didn't help a character like Kenshi. It's like this dude in another thread losing his goddamn mind because (Cybernetic) Kano doesn't have armor on EN Kano Ball, without looking at the overall picture.
Basically he paid extremely hard cash to receive in exchange a set of what could be called "luxury buffs" that highly probably won't allow him to build a decent gameplan in the future even in the new meta (where offense has, ironically, become actually stronger apparently). He had a crappy gameplan before, but it was a plan afterall: meter management, and fear of armor.

There were some armors that needed to be toned down or simply removed, but Balanced Kenshi exrk was obviously not one of those, and needed a special treatment because it was a main part of his strategy. It should have stayed and not full combo, or require two bars, but simply removing it is overkilling a variation that was already dead. Zombie mode now.

D

Deleted member 35141

Kenshi never won based on his Combos, pressure, or pokes but patience and meter managment and dare I say gimmicks. Now his meter use is very limited and still has the same strings.

BALANCED got a +Push but it doesnt matter cause nothing can follow besides another ex push lol.He also is able to combo after ex slash which is I believe 24 frame.

POSSESSED im not really sure what it got but watching pig get uppercutted after every teleport and pressured after evey move besides the ex down smash(Forgot name) it looks bad. Also with losing armor on the ex sickle he has nothing that stops relentless pressure.

KENJITSU my personal fav I can live without the armor on sword spin but the tele ex suspend nerf really hurts his anti air now its like lob city over my head.

If I am wrong in any of this please let me know, but for now kenshi seems worse. On to injustice 2 lol please dont make green arrow or deadshot garbage.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lokheit

Noob
Kenshi never won based on his Combos, pressure, or pokes but patience and meter managment and dare I say gimmicks. Now his meter use is very limited and still has the same strings.

BALANCED got a +Push but it doesnt matter cause nothing can follow besides another ex push lol.He also is able to combo after ex slash which is I believe 24 frame.

POSSESSED im not really sure what it got but watching pig get uppercutted after every teleport and pressured after evey move besides the ex down smash(Forgot name) it looks bad. Also with losing armor on the ex sickle he has nothing that stops relentless pressure.

KENJITSU my personal fav I can live without the armor on sword spin but the tele ex suspend nerf really hurts his anti air now its like lob city over my head.

If I am wrong in any of this please let me know, but for now kenshi seems worse. On to injustice 2 lol please dont make green arrow or deadshot garbage.
I wish Kenjutsu's DB4 was like the new 2 bars armor moves, 1 for armor, later meterburn (from regular or ex ones) for combo.

DR.Innuendo

Kitana, Kenshi, Triborg
Balanced is great and im not gonna be a downplayer, i lov watching pig, and have always been rpoud to be apart of the Kenshi Community, but if everyone is gonna downplay Balaned Im ashamed. Balanced in this meta is great and very viable, Zoning is good. HQT, Quan, its all good now, even Necromancer Shinnok. they all can have a fighting chance at keeping them out. its not like it was prepatch, no Run in mash buttons and mix him up, they have to work there way in now.

Kenshi is my second character and Main.

No shit no Upplay.
Balanced Top tier or A tier, im not gonna downplay Balanced now.
if you still think he is bad or worse, you are downplaying, but i think you may not have learned the new meta yet.

Kenjustu is worse and still shit, everything is unsafe.
Possesed: not familar with him so i won't comment

The Meta has changed. and Stamina changes make for good zoning. lack of Launching armors makes zoning stronger as well. Even if you didn't get buffs, you became stronger because of the universal changes.

Last edited:

DR.Innuendo

Kitana, Kenshi, Triborg

thats not true, in corner EX push jails into pressure. Only thing bad about EX Push is on a hard read opponent can NJP punish it. its not like TS(kitana)

and midscreen you can follow with a guess, TF/OHslash/Push all meterless, and they have to guess what to do, Run/Backdash/Armor. and if they guess wrong they are back full screen.
Talking about Balanced. Push is great what do you want a plus 20 on block special, he has great tools now.

I guess ima have to wait till everyone settles down and becomes less bitter over losing Lauching armor.

Last edited:

DR.Innuendo

Kitana, Kenshi, Triborg
Nobody is getting hit by Ex OH Slash. It's so slow and pretty much everybody stand block after blocking low coz well Kenshi has no low,low string. This buff while nice on paper does very little for him.

My initial impressions on Kenshi after the patch are like pretty much any Kenshi player i talked to yesterday:

Kenshi feels even worse then before the patch.
i have to ask do the people you play have special abilities like Reading into the future, OH slash in unreactible. you do know that right. noone is gonna go: ohh an overhead slash is coming and just lighting move across the map like GoKU like it is Dragon Ball Z. I play online and in tournaments and i think the Slash is twice as good now, way better recovery and better hit advantage that grants follow up now. its great. so it Tele-Flurry, can be ducked, but thats what other projectiles are for.

he has way less recovery on his moves now. its not 3-29 anymore, they can not go full screen and punish off one wiff of TF or one run though of OH slash, you can Push them in mid run and steal there Stmina and leave them for dead full screen to throw whatever you want.

its a new Age for Balanced.

Nothing against you man, but I have watched this forum for over 5 years, and i have seen the Kenshi forum and know you are a good guy and i decent player. but i think you are to stuck in old Kenshi world and need to get a few months using the new kenshi before calling him Garbage. 1 day after patch is not enough time to be like he is shit and worse than before. if all your friends are saying that then, they need to settle down and learn all MU's the game is different and all characters are different in this meta. ther eis no tie rlist or Matchup Kowledge anymore. its square one. and noone can say Day 1 Kenshi Balanced is shit. Everyone has the same Universal tools now, HTB's are useless with double hitting armor, and many things are better now, less Stmina means less pressure. no more mixups in your face then rc into rc, you kockem out then they right on you like a fly, that age is gone. its been slowed down and made more defensive.

Last edited:

DR.Innuendo

Kitana, Kenshi, Triborg
can we give it like another hour at least before we call this character shit. I mean I'm not to high on him right now either but buy god it hasn't even been a day can we at least explore the character more.
I'm still undecided on Kenshi. I'm like 50/50 still lmao I can see both sides tbh. Time will tell.
this is what i said. i actually am noticing zoning having an impact in this game, and Balanced seems twice as good. but damn 1 day and some kenshis are like he is shit worthless. can't have possibly grinded matchups or learend the new fighting meta and style.

damn give him a couple months for fuck sake.

I was like this too, i felt everything was diumb at first and hated losing my armor. then a friend told me everyone is great that wasnt and encoraged me to use a character i havent before. after that i started to realize how the Universal changes helped all. and that i was clutching to my armor way to much prepatch and thats why i felt sour about the changes. when you learn the new meta and become familiar with it you will understand.
Yes and i agree 100% about how everyone is focusing on just a few changes that where bad for our characters and ignoring everything that helped across the board.

Last edited:

Immortal

Blind justice....
i have to ask do the people you play have special abilities like Reading into the future, OH slash in unreactible. you do know that right. noone is gonna go: ohh an overhead slash is coming and just lighting move across the map like GoKU like it is Dragon Ball Z. I play online and in tournaments and i think the Slash is twice as good now, way better recovery and better hit advantage that grants follow up now. its great. so it Tele-Flurry, can be ducked, but thats what other projectiles are for.

he has way less recovery on his moves now. its not 3-29 anymore, they can not go full screen and punish off one wiff of TF or one run though of OH slash, you can Push them in mid run and steal there Stmina and leave them for dead full screen to throw whatever you want.

its a new Age for Balanced.

Nothing against you man, but I have watched this forum for over 5 years, and i have seen the KEnshi forum and know you are a good guy and i decent player. but i think you are to stuck in old Kenshi world and need to get a few months using the new kenshi before calling him Garbage. 1 day after patch is not enough time to be like he is shit and worse than before. if all your friends are saying that then, they need to settle down and learn all MU's the game is different and all characters are different in this meta. ther eis no tie rlist or Matchup Kowledge anymore. its square one. and noone can say Day 1 Kenshi Balanced is shit. Everyone has the same Universal tools now, HTB's are useless with double hitting armor, and many things are better now, less Stmina means less pressure. no more mixups in your face then rc into rc, you kockem out then they right on you like a fly, that age is gone. its been slowed down and made more defensive.
I do play people on high competitive level i dont judge match ups nor Kenshi on "oh i beat my sunday friends online with Kenshi so he must be good" like many here. Thats why people like me, Pig and many others just dont see the point in arguing on TYM.

It has nothing to do on a personal level, im interested in facts and facts are: that Kenshi was bad for last 18 months and there was so many people on TYM saying he isnt bad, yet NONE of them played and placed at any tournament with him. And thats that.

And the story repeats itself, we're just frustrated coz for obvious reasons after 18 months of struggle we thought that Kenshi finally is gonna be buffed to lets say high mid tier. Sadly that's not the case.

Most of you didnt even mentioned glaring weakness of Balanced Kenshi now which is one of the reasons why we consider him not even better then he was pre patch:

- Pre patch EX RK beside obvious AA had one really big function - it allowed balanced Kenshi to blowup GAPS and by that i mean full combo (28%) and send full screen on top of that. Now you have to use EX SC to do that and you get "amazing"........... 13%. Cassie can just go ham on you with b12,4 coz she gladly take your bar for 13% of dmg and most of the time you just gonna block coz its not worth it to waste a bar for 13% dmg. And Kenshi still has no backdash, which is laughable at best.

Exactly the same thing applies to Kenjutsu in which on top your EX PUSH is -13 lmao. And lets add to that Tele suspense which no longer has an armor but still is -29 on block....... wtf. And no, in reality even the 50/50 aren't safe. Playing Kenjutsu now has 0 sense.

- EX OH slash, i don't know where to start... it has 24 startup frames, yeah its slow. But thats not the problem. Problem is that everybody who actually know Kenshi (Balanced) MU always block low first then high. And since its so slow, they will easily fuzzy it, like 95% of the time. It's -10 on block, which means on top of losing a bar up close youre risking full combo punish. If your oponnents get hit by it then all i can really say is that they should level up...

- Balanced Kenshi zoning didnt change (whiff frames on normal TF and OH) it still sucks ass and yes its a bit better coz of overall stamina nerfs but its nowhere near good.

- SC being -10 is okish if you always use it at max distance and dont whiff but even then without a bar for EX SC its pretty scary to throw it out. We have characters like Tremor and Cassie in the game with 6f advancing normals.

- EX SC is good but in many aspects its worse then EX RK was pre patch (one of that aspects i wrote above). Also why in gods name would you make a move +3 and then give it a pushback so big you cant do pretty much anything from those plus frames. It's just a good get off me move which deals "whooping" 13% and sends full screen.

- AA with S1 is fine but there is no way in hell you gonna be on point with it all the time especially with jip1 from characters like Kotal and few others. Thats another aspect where pre patch EX RK was way better then EX SC is now.

Game is now more neutral focused and Kenshi neutral is mediocre at best with only 1 really good point which is EX SC. And when those really good characters in neutral / up close get in its EX SC or death. Usually death.

And no, we don't want to wait another "couple of months" coz we waited 18 months already and Paulo only knows if there gonna be any more patches or not. So there is no time to wait.

SCR is soon i can bet good money that nobody maining Kenshi will do well at it. Not to mention i'm pretty sure nobody will even play him.

Like i said im interested in facts/results on high level only. And the facts are that Kenshi has no results in MK X (a side from Pig at the beginning and one top 16/32 Ashenar). Sadly, that probably not gonna change with Kenshi in his current form.

Last edited:

DR.Innuendo

Kitana, Kenshi, Triborg
EX OH is -10 but has pushback. Even point blank most jabs don't reach.
just cant convice others who think he is trash, to me it seems you guys have done nothing but try to help this character with plethora of buffs, and now he got suffecitent changes that really do help him, others just complaine because they feel he is the same and nothing can help him. im sure if the people complaining made the patches for him, the other 40% complaining would have a problem with those changes and say they where garbage and didn't help.

Great job NRS with the universal changes and props to making Zoning relevant. im loving it, and starting to get into the new meta.

Immortal

Blind justice....
And thats true but sadly we have quite a few character who have 6/7 frame advancing normals, like Cassie, Tremor and LeatherFace comes to mind top of my head. And they all punish it clean.

snort

Noob
Nobody is getting hit by Ex OH Slash. It's so slow and pretty much everybody stand block after blocking low coz well Kenshi has no low,low string. This buff while nice on paper does very little for him.

My initial impressions on Kenshi after the patch are like pretty much any Kenshi player i talked to yesterday:

Kenshi feels even worse then before the patch.
Your just a trash ass player, drop the fukin game and go pickup street fighter. Kenshi is way better then pre patch.

Lokheit

Noob
"Kenny"jutsu lost any mojo he had though (and he didn't even have much before)...

Extremely bad at long range (his only ranged option is tele-toss, the only move that works against its own purpose, leaving the opponent at the worse possible distance so he can eat you if you try another one but right far enough so you can't pressure his wakeup with push, bladenado or an advancing string, and you lose the super small hit advantage if you try to get in), mediocre at best at medium range and just not doing enough at close range.

He's like if Balanced lost all the zoning, the meterless damage and the safe options... and replaced them with just a faster OH option. Meterburn damage is fine but he has no tools and loses momentum too fast even if he sacrifices damage for extra advantage.

snort

Noob
So much facts in this post idk where to begin with it. ;)

Thanks for proving my point about people posting on TYM these days.
Ok, lets give Kenshi something OP to help you guys win some games because clearly you guys are trash as fuk. Seriously, the patch was released yesterday and you fools are already downplaying? Gtfo, It's time to look in the mirror and stop blaming your character.

Fellow_Swordsman

"One mind, one blade."
Ok, lets give Kenshi something OP to help you guys win some games because clearly you guys are trash as fuk. Seriously, the patch was released yesterday and you fools are already downplaying? Gtfo, It's time to look in the mirror and stop blaming your character.
I'm not going to lie, I'm probably one of the few (if not then the only) Kenshi main who believes he's viable. Top tier? No, but by no means worse than pre-patch. But saying we're solely blaming our character is really undermining our skill levels. We all spent months and months playing Kenshi, dude. We know what to do with the character.

D

Deleted member 35141

Its crazy that people dont understand kenshi is a defensive character with no defensive capabilities. No downplaying honestly havent even played this game online inawhile so competitively IDGAF but im a huge kenshi fan so I had to check it out.
When I actually played this game I could have kept winning with takeda, sub and johnny but I liked kenshi too much to drop him and instead dropped the game lol.

One thing im grateful of playing with kenshi is struggling and winning with such a meh character really made me better at fighting games, hoping to improve even more in Injustice 2

I do play people on high competitive level i dont judge match ups nor Kenshi on "oh i beat my sunday friends online with Kenshi so he must be good" like many here. Thats why people like me, Pig and many others just dont see the point in arguing on TYM.
Dude, any footage? I would like to see your tournament game. :)

thlityoursloat

kick kick
just cant convice others who think he is trash, to me it seems you guys have done nothing but try to help this character with plethora of buffs, and now he got suffecitent changes that really do help him, others just complaine because they feel he is the same and nothing can help him. im sure if the people complaining made the patches for him, the other 40% complaining would have a problem with those changes and say they where garbage and didn't help.

Great job NRS with the universal changes and props to making Zoning relevant. im loving it, and starting to get into the new meta.
It would've been nice if they gave him the RIGHT buffs.. like yknow, a safer TF on whiff, it's something we've been complaining about DAY one and all they did was reduce its recovery from 57 to 46.. ridiculous.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
It would've been nice if they gave him the RIGHT buffs.. like yknow, a safer TF on whiff, it's something we've been complaining about DAY one and all they did was reduce its recovery from 57 to 46.. ridiculous.
We were all wondering how much he would be buffed, how many frames of recovery would be shaved off tf, how much his close up game would improve, and in the end he basically got nerfed lol

I never expected that pre October Kenshi felt top tier compared with this crap we have now.

I wonder when people will realize that removing armor from Balanced's exrising karma is even more terrible than Grandmaster Sub's clone letting projectiles go through it or going away with jabs. Breaks his game.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
We were all wondering how much he would be buffed, how many frames of recovery would be shaved off tf, how much his close up game would improve, and in the end he basically got nerfed lol

I never expected that pre October Kenshi felt top tier compared with this crap we have now.

I wonder when people will realize that removing armor from Balanced's exrising karma is even more terrible than Grandmaster Sub's clone letting projectiles go through it or going away with jabs. Breaks his game.
Ditto for Lackey, his entire game plan revolved around his safe armor. Characters like Kenshi and Lackey whose gameplans revolve around their armor should've either been heavily reworked or just kept their armor.

and i swear, if somebody tells me, "BUH SYSTEM CHANGES", if anything, those system changes made Kenshi even more redundant since they improved everybody else's zoning too, and almost everybody else zones just as good or even better than Kenshi.