What's new

General/Other - Balanced Balanced became balanced? (10/04/16 changes)

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
@ismael4790 Does Balanced get ANYTHING off plus frame of ex BF2? I feel like he's still get bodied by Cassie or Kano, or anyone with fast d4 after his plus frame
The main purpose is just to buy space, and get out of pressure. Imo the best you can do midscreen with those plus frames is walk back immediately. You can try the guessing game of push/tf/rk/ohs.

DR.Innuendo

Kitana, Kenshi, Triborg
Can't you condition with a throw? Stagger? Do that leg OH form time to time? Punish something? Catch them pressing buttons? I'm not arguing, but there are options to open people.
just give it up, kenshi mains act like there is no way to do anything at all. i give up sharing tech its becoming redundant to. you always have some one saying its impossibl to do a viable combo. if kenshi can't open up with a low and having 2 overheads and a throw to condition. then Kano Cybernetic can never open anyone up. i know Kenshis low is viable and hitconfirmable but whatev.

Immortal

Blind justice....
just give it up, kenshi mains act like there is no way to do anything at all. i give up sharing tech its becoming redundant to. you always have some one saying its impossibl to do a viable combo. if kenshi can't open up with a low and having 2 overheads and a throw to condition. then Kano Cybernetic can never open anyone up. i know Kenshis low is viable and hitconfirmable but whatev.
Be kind enough to excuse yourself from this thread, better yet TYM in overall. Talking with yourself, from 2 different accounts (MadeofMetal aka Jagged aka who knows how many other you have) is well a sign of mental illness. And it was already proven.

So in simple terms your opinion means nothing and not in Kenshi forums only but anywhere on TYM after that.

Be kind enough to excuse yourself from this thread, better yet TYM in overall. Talking with yourself, from 2 different accounts (MadeofMetal aka Jagged aka who knows how many other you have) is well a sign of mental illness. And it was already proven.

So in simple terms your opinion means nothing and not in Kenshi forums only but anywhere on TYM after that.
Is there any footage of your Kenshi agains some top players? Tournaments you took part in? I would like to see it. :)

ismael4790

Imo, best ways to fix current useless ex rising karma (assuming old one can't go back, which imo wouldn't be crazy):

Armor back (1 hit) , change the scaling of the move, so he can only reach like 22-24% damage off it. This keeps the defensive and antiair anticrossup options but he doesn't hit like a truck off it.

And before saying it's crazy: Pumped up exgotcha grab now has two hits of armor, does 22-24% of unbreakable damage, and it's -9 on block.

Other option: armor back but only allows to do a teleflurry after, like old possessed. This option would not hurt the damage of corner combos involving exrising karma.

Discuss.

Last edited:
Imo, best ways to fix current useless ex rising karma (assuming old one can't go back, which imo won't be crazy):

Armor back (1 hit) , change the scaling of the move, so he can only reach like 22-24% damage off it. This keeps the defensive and antiair anticrossup options but he doesn't hit like a truck off it.

And before saying it's crazy: Pumped up exgotcha grab now has two hits of armor, does 22-24% of unbreakable damage, and it's -9 on block.

Other option: armor back but only allows to do a teleflurry after, like old possessed. This option would not hurt the damage of corner combos involving exrising karma.

Discuss.
This is like the perfect, reasonable idea ever.

BUT, what about Kenjitsu? People are so occupied by Balanced its crazy. Like it is the one variation in the game that people want deperately to be good. To be honest I do not understand this obsession with Balanced at all.

ismael4790

This is like the perfect, reasonable idea ever.

BUT, what about Kenjitsu? People are so occupied by Balanced its crazy. Like it is the one variation in the game that people want deperately to be good. To be honest I do not understand this obsession with Balanced at all.
Probably because Balanced is the variation that has sucked the most all this time in mkx. Kenjutsu started to show a little bit of life before, it was best variation until this patch. Now he's probably just slightly better than Balanced.

I think kenjutsu also needs at least one of his armor launchers back, with one of the treatments I suggested. Maybe exdb1.
I heard some Kenjutsu mains saying exdb4 could get armor but only allow to combo if another bar is spent. They can give better ideas than me here, Kenjutsu has always been the variation that I used less.

Last edited:

Immortal

Blind justice....
Is there any footage of your Kenshi agains some top players? Tournaments you took part in? I would like to see it. :)
There is, pre patch obviously, you can find it if you wish.

Now back to the topic.

Probably because Balanced is the variation that has sucked the most all this time in mkx. Kenjutsu started to show a little bit of life before, it was best variation until this patch. Now he's probably just slightly better than Balanced.

I think kenjutsu also needs at least one of his armor launchers back, with one of the treatments I suggested. Maybe exdb1.
I heard some Kenjutsu mains saying exdb4 could get armor but only allow to combo if another bar is spent. They can give better ideas than me here, Kenjutsu has always been the variation that I used less.
No, this idea of 2 bar for armor launching is just meh overall imo. Kenjutsu needs better (new, thou this probably not gonna happen) strings and way better frames on his current strings and specials to compete with characters who have good neutral and up close game. This variation should have good mix up game and up close game. He has neither. ExDB4 is like the biggest joke ever now, it lost armor and still is -29 on block its like wtf. EX Push is -13 on block, ex blade nando -10 like wtf, he is more or less negative on like everything and has no armor on lanuchers so how exactly should he be played? Makes no sense.

Balanced is just bad, still. Reasons explained in detail by me on page 3.

Last edited:

trufenix

bye felicia
Pig made top 3 at first season of ESL grand finals with balanced (the only guy to make sonic switch characters to counter play) but that guy is a demon.
What Pig is (or was) is willing to stick with a shit character. He mined bad matchups for answers and got the drop on players who didn't take his character seriously.

The Kenshi of today is even better than that one and most of the stuff Pig was ultimately killed by doesn't even exist anymore. Which means (on paper, at least) Kenshi should be just as capable of competing.

snort

Noob
Possessed could be argued for top tier, so these idiots can't make any excuses when they just keep losing. And balanced is better post patch whether they keep downplaying or not.

ismael4790

Possessed could be argued for top tier, so these idiots can't make any excuses when they just keep losing. And balanced is better post patch whether they keep downplaying or not.
Many Kenshi players, included myself, have been saying that Possessed got benefited by new meta and that he is very good, so no news.

Proof about that (completely false imo) statement about Balanced?

DR.Innuendo

Kitana, Kenshi, Triborg
That makes Me, you, and LT box for the only ones not downplaying Balanced and Kenshi. they were calling me a liar because I said Kenshi is not worse than he was. They claimed Balanced got worse after this patch! When all he got removed was Karma Eruption armor. Watch out they will be coming with pitchforks and torches as soon as you say Kenshi might be viable now. (you don't even have to say Top Tier with Kenshi mains) Just say he could possibly be viable with a minor adjustment and they could hang you for it. That is how touchy Kenshi mains are. Balanced and Unbreakable are my main's anI'llll admit both got way better than he has ever been in this game. and could possibly be great, but the jury is out on that one still. it is to early to tell, and gotta say cassie can get in pretty well against him still.

I even say that with Unbreakable as well. even though there is like 200+ moves that go through Barrier of Frost and Ice and ignore it completely even though it shouldn't. the reason I can say this is because his Aura helps combat chip for all that do, and it is fast enough to pull off in the neutral now.

I am also thinking of picking up Hat Trick or one of the other variations of Kung Lao, that Teleport is Awesome fast for the Enhanced version. So many possibilities fro good damage and the other type of mixups, throw into MB combo, OH hat into combo, Fast Kick into F13/B31 or those into another Teleport Grab. It's awesome. That change to Teleport for Kung Lao is by far the best buff I think he has gotten besides the old Plus 14 on Hat a long time ago. (Tears of the good ole days)

DR.Innuendo

Kitana, Kenshi, Triborg
Well, I was being hyperbolic. I don't believe Kenshi is unviable, but then I know the difference between viable and top tier. I don't think a lot of people here do anymore.
yeah that's what funny, I didn't get jumped for saying top tier, cuz I did not even come close to saying he is top tier. I got jumped for saying he might be viable. and is better than he has been before.

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
I personally disagree worh giving EX rising karma back its armor. Everyone has to conform to this new meta and Balanced should not be an exception, even if it was a really important move for him.

It's better to find like 1-2 other, good buffs to really put Balanced on the map. Shame that you guys have basically been doing that for the past 18 months but it is what it is.

DR.Innuendo

Kitana, Kenshi, Triborg
I don't know, I think we need at least a month before dooming a character for all hope. don't you think. Man if it wasn't for a few loyalist last patch most characters would have been considered shit tier when they made top tier after a few stuck with them. if that can happen to others then maybe Kenshi has a little ray of light at the end of the dark tunnel you guys are painting less than a week after patch released.

ismael4790

I personally disagree worh giving EX rising karma back its armor. Everyone has to conform to this new meta and Balanced should not be an exception, even if it was a really important move for him.

It's better to find like 1-2 other, good buffs to really put Balanced on the map. Shame that you guys have basically been doing that for the past 18 months but it is what it is.
Ex rising karma in its current state is ass. Also, not everyone had their armor launcher moves removed, Unbreakable says hi, and also other characters have 2 bar versions, like Goro and Kitana, both were bottom 3, same as Kenshi who for some reason got different treatment even when his armor launcher was vital for him.

There are multiple ways to give exrisingkarma armor, not necessarily being the same as prepatch.

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
Ex rising karma in its current state is ass. Also, not everyone had their armor launcher moves removed, Unbreakable says hi, and also other characters have 2 bar versions, like Goro and Kitana, both were bottom 3, same as Kenshi who for some reason got different treatment even when his armor launcher was vital for him.

There are multiple ways to give exrisingkarma armor, not necessarily being the same as prepatch.
I was referring to the 1 bar armored launchers being removed save from Unbreakable. As for the 2 bar armored launchers, 2 bars for a 30-35% combo is quite meter intensive so it honestly isn't that great of an option unless you want to close out rounds. I still think the Balanced community should look at ways to improve the variation that doesn't involve giving it an armored launcher.

Sorta off-topic, is F4 being +4 with good pushback any good? It's pretty fast too. Tele flurry is like 11 frames right so won't the opponent be caught if they do anything but duck/poke?

ismael4790

I was referring to the 1 bar armored launchers being removed save from Unbreakable. As for the 2 bar armored launchers, 2 bars for a 30-35% combo is quite meter intensive so it honestly isn't that great of an option unless you want to close out rounds. I still think the Balanced community should look at ways to improve the variation that doesn't involve giving it an armored launcher.

Sorta off-topic, is F4 being +4 with good pushback any good? It's pretty fast too. Tele flurry is like 11 frames right so won't the opponent be caught if they do anything but duck/poke?
You could give him 1 bar armor launcher that only allowed to teleflurry after for 19-24% for example (jax does 22-24% unbreakable with exgotcha in pumped up, double armor and it's -9), or scale the move so the combo after can't reach 30% anymore, or armored but only launching for second bar...many many options that would be better than current state and would bring him back his antiair/anticrossup options, the move is worthless.

Without his old antiair options, for example, Possessed obliterates Balanced, because he barely can backdash of teleport gimmicks, he has to hold everything.

Tf is 14 frames. Well, f4 is not bad, but Balanced is not going to set the world on fire with it...

Last edited: