What's new

General/Other - Balanced Balanced became balanced? (10/04/16 changes)

snort

Noob
Many Kenshi players, included myself, have been saying that Possessed got benefited by new meta and that he is very good, so no news.

Proof about that (completely false imo) statement about Balanced?
Well, if possessed is his best variation, than thats the variation to use, it's not rocket science. The game has changed in favor of better zoning which favors Balanced. I never said Balanced is great or top tier, I just said he's better now then before because of his buffs and better post patch zoning.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
Well, if possessed is his best variation, than thats the variation to use, it's not rocket science. The game has changed in favor of better zoning which favors Balanced. I never said Balanced is great or top tier, I just said he's better now then before because of his buffs and better post patch zoning.
I'm not a fan of the "if this variation is not good, play other variation". That's pretty much the same than telling people to play other character, solves nothing. I prefer things to be fixed tbh.

The amount of irrelevant or meh buffs Balanced got is astonishing, and on top of that he got his best tool removed. That's why he is worse than he was, even taking into account stamina changes.
Jumpers and crossupers bully him. Possessed destroys him lol. Ermac, Scorpion matchups are nightmares, worse than before. #nobackdashboyz #noproperantiairboyz

Last edited:

trufenix

bye felicia
yeah that's what funny, I didn't get jumped for saying top tier, cuz I did not even come close to saying he is top tier. I got jumped for saying he might be viable. and is better than he has been before.
Just learn to see through the bullshit. The facts are Kenshi was bad and has been bad since game start. It's frustrating. NRS didn't "forget" the guy because they do keep buffing him, they just don't know how (or don't actually want) to fix him. That's obvious by now.

But we're not playing vanilla MKX anymore. We're not even playing vanilla XL anymore. This Kenshi would definitely still suck in those games but we don't know how he fares in this one. That's my 2 cents.

DR.Innuendo

Kitana, Kenshi, Triborg
Just learn to see through the bullshit. The facts are Kenshi was bad and has been bad since game start. It's frustrating. NRS didn't "forget" the guy because they do keep buffing him, they just don't know how (or don't actually want) to fix him. That's obvious by now.

But we're not playing vanilla MKX anymore. We're not even playing vanilla XL anymore. This Kenshi would definitely still suck in those games but we don't know how he fares in this one. That's my 2 cents.
same here. In this meta allIi know is HQT and Necro does a lot better in this version, and Zoning actually works. Better than it ever has anyway's. that's all better for him and we will see.

trufenix

bye felicia
same here. In this meta allIi know is HQT and Necro does a lot better in this version, and Zoning actually works. Better than it ever has anyway's. that's all better for him and we will see.
See, I like Kenshi, but I don't really like zoners so I really have no basis for comparison, but I troll the boards of the characters that give me problems and they all seem to be complaining, that's a good sign. But bad or good, it all needs time. IMO, this alarmist I need my old toys back mindset is standing in the way of progress.

ismael4790

See, I like Kenshi, but I don't really like zoners so I really have no basis for comparison, but I troll the boards of the characters that give me problems and they all seem to be complaining, that's a good sign. But bad or good, it all needs time. IMO, this alarmist I need my old toys back mindset is standing in the way of progress.
When you say to the Kenshi community "give it time", bear in mind that we have been waiting for 18 months and our character still sucks, even more than before in two of his variations. No other character is in such a bad situation, all the rest have improved significantly at certain point.

So the patience is coming to an end lol.

DR.Innuendo

Kitana, Kenshi, Triborg
When you say to the Kenshi community "give it time", bear in mind that we have been waiting for 18 months and our character still sucks, even more than before in two of his variations. No other character is in such a bad situation, all the rest have improved significantly at certain point.

So the patience is coming to an end lol.
yeah but he is saying he got another change a couple days ago and we need to wait and see.

DR.Innuendo

Kitana, Kenshi, Triborg
You could give him 1 bar armor launcher that only allowed to teleflurry after for 19-24% for example (jax does 22-24% unbreakable with exgotcha in pumped up, double armor and it's -9), or scale the move so the combo after can't reach 30% anymore, or armored but only launching for second bar...many many options that would be better than current state and would bring him back his antiair/anticrossup options, the move is worthless.

Without his old antiair options, for example, Possessed obliterates Balanced, because he barely can backdash of teleport gimmicks, he has to hold everything.

Tf is 14 frames. Well, f4 is not bad, but Balanced is not going to set the world on fire with it...
no character gets launching armor period. just buff his AA's make standing 1 better D2 less recovery follow up with TF. I'm adapted to no launching armor, it would be counter productive to take away from cast and then give him the only true one. nah

ismael4790

no character gets launching armor period. just buff his AA's make standing 1 better D2 less recovery follow up with TF. I'm adapted to no launching armor, it would be counter productive to take away from cast and then give him the only true one. nah
There are characters with armor launchers in this version of the game.

Completely removing this option from a variation that totally relied on it is simply stupid.

Wavy

Block Spammer
I miss the old Kenshi. The armored attack Kenshi.
Talkin 'bout the pro Kenshi, set on his goals Kenshi
I hate the new Kenshi. Useless buffs Kenshi.
Stuck in the corner Kenshi. Can't cross up Kenshi.
I miss the mk9 Kenshi. Forward 3 2 SC Kenshi.
I gotta say at that time, I'd like to pick Kenshi
See they invented Kenshi. There wasn't any new Kenshi's.
When you looked around at tourney's and there was so many Kenshi's.
I used to love Kenshi. I used to love Kenshi.
I even had the blindfolds, I thought I was Kenshi.
What if NRS made a patch about Kenshi
Called "I miss the old Kenshi" man that'd be so Kenshi.
----------------------------------------------------------
Possessed is really good though. Like... really good.

DR.Innuendo

Kitana, Kenshi, Triborg
There are characters with armor launchers in this version of the game.

Completely removing this option from a variation that totally relied on it is simply stupid.
in my mind i think they can remove those too, and compensate them some other way.

I'm not a fan of the "if this variation is not good, play other variation". That's pretty much the same than telling people to play other character, solves nothing. I prefer things to be fixed tbh.

The amount of irrelevant or meh buffs Balanced got is astonishing, and on top of that he got his best tool removed. That's why he is worse than he was, even taking into account stamina changes.
Jumpers and crossupers bully him. Possessed destroys him lol. Ermac, Scorpion matchups are nightmares, worse than before. #nobackdashboyz #noproperantiairboyz
Dude I completely agree, "hey I think balanced is still shit, this patch actually made him worse", then some random guys who don't even play kenshi: "damn whiners, just play Kitana". They don't get the point.

Apex Kano

Kano Commando main MKX
I like this no launching armor. All fighters are able to win now! There are no picking characters that have stupid high damage off a wake up.

Kenshi looks strong now. I can see him winning. There is no armor to be scared of, you can zone people out now.
As much as defense has been supposedly buffed, I still see pressure being too strong still. No armored launchers means more pressure=more offense=in your face even more. I mean don't get me wrong, I love what they're wanting to do, more neutral and footsies, but just seems that you can make a case if this is what we meant with wanting less offense. But I still think no one really knows how this will turn out, but as of now, my opinion, kenshi needs a bit more.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
This is what I know...

1. Possessed is in all likelihood still his best variation. Even though you pretty much HAVE to burn bar for decent combo damage, you're gifted for it by gaining better space control, the DF4 ender, and the Teleport + ensuing knowledge that the opponent has to base his fight around said Teleport.
2. Balanced is NOT, and I repeat as fucking loudly as giant letters can let me repeat, NOT, as bad as it was prepatch. no fucking way.

Yes, we don't get armor on EX Rising Karma anymore. But how many other characters are currently dealing with similar issues?
You know what we do have now? A fucking slew of specials that all work in tandem the way they're supposed to now!
Tele-Flurry actually works! Spirit Charge not only works, but it got buffed AND armored! Combine that with the buffed B1 we got last patch AND the fact that now EX Overhead Slash is a launcher that, when mixed with either said working Tele-Flurry from full screen or whatever ender I'm close enough to throw out, gets me a guaranteed sixth of a lifebar AND optimal screen positioning, and what do you get?

I've spent more time in the lab and online this weekend than I ever have before, and this character has NEVER felt as good as he does now. Is he perfect? Fuck no. Is he top tier? SUPER fuck no. But he WORKS THE WAY HE WAS FUCKING INTENDED TO FINALLY, which is all I have been waiting for for the last year and a half.
I don't give two fried eggs worth of fuck what the meta was like before this patch, because literally NONE of it matters. I've been dealing with these godforsaken games and patches and tiers and oh my for five damn years, which is long enough to know the difference between a character that's worth bitching and moaning about and a character that isn't, and at this point, the devs have done all they can do to out the sword back together, and I for one think they did a fucking solid job.
Balanced is in OUR hands now. Enough hand holding and waxing nostalgic. Either put up or die. Even MK9 Sheeva and Kano had Michael Bolton and Beenee Weenies behind them to the end, and those characters were GARBAGE compared to what Balanced is capable of in this meta. Find a better character if it's that depressing, because I really don't see what the hell it is about him that's bad enough to warrant anyone still being salty. Yes, he could've turned out better, but he could've turned out a whole lot worse, too.

tl;dr: I'm taking my sword to NEC, turning my inner Bear Jew up to 100, and bringing home some Nazi scalps. anyone wants to join me or test my blade, I am not a difficult Box to find. I'll be the crazy Puerto Rican with the black nails, the Slipknot t-shirt, and the stuffed monkey in a Tremor costume draped on his shoulder like a pirate's parrot.

I'm the fucking captain now.

DR.Innuendo

Kitana, Kenshi, Triborg
This is what I know...

1. Possessed is in all likelihood still his best variation. Even though you pretty much HAVE to burn bar for decent combo damage, you're gifted for it by gaining better space control, the DF4 ender, and the Teleport + ensuing knowledge that the opponent has to base his fight around said Teleport.
2. Balanced is NOT, and I repeat as fucking loudly as giant letters can let me repeat, NOT, as bad as it was prepatch. no fucking way.

Yes, we don't get armor on EX Rising Karma anymore. But how many other characters are currently dealing with similar issues?
You know what we do have now? A fucking slew of specials that all work in tandem the way they're supposed to now!
Tele-Flurry actually works! Spirit Charge not only works, but it got buffed AND armored! Combine that with the buffed B1 we got last patch AND the fact that now EX Overhead Slash is a launcher that, when mixed with either said working Tele-Flurry from full screen or whatever ender I'm close enough to throw out, gets me a guaranteed sixth of a lifebar AND optimal screen positioning, and what do you get?

I've spent more time in the lab and online this weekend than I ever have before, and this character has NEVER felt as good as he does now. Is he perfect? Fuck no. Is he top tier? SUPER fuck no. But he WORKS THE WAY HE WAS FUCKING INTENDED TO FINALLY, which is all I have been waiting for for the last year and a half.
I don't give two fried eggs worth of fuck what the meta was like before this patch, because literally NONE of it matters. I've been dealing with these godforsaken games and patches and tiers and oh my for five damn years, which is long enough to know the difference between a character that's worth bitching and moaning about and a character that isn't, and at this point, the devs have done all they can do to out the sword back together, and I for one think they did a fucking solid job.
Balanced is in OUR hands now. Enough hand holding and waxing nostalgic. Either put up or die. Even MK9 Sheeva and Kano had Michael Bolton and Beenee Weenies behind them to the end, and those characters were GARBAGE compared to what Balanced is capable of in this meta. Find a better character if it's that depressing, because I really don't see what the hell it is about him that's bad enough to warrant anyone still being salty. Yes, he could've turned out better, but he could've turned out a whole lot worse, too.

tl;dr: I'm taking my sword to NEC, turning my inner Bear Jew up to 100, and bringing home some Nazi scalps. anyone wants to join me or test my blade, I am not a difficult Box to find. I'll be the crazy Puerto Rican with the black nails, the Slipknot t-shirt, and the stuffed monkey in a Tremor costume draped on his shoulder like a pirate's parrot.

I'll stand by your side in this battle homie. I'm rocking Kung Lao Hat-Trick, Kenshi Balanced, Sub Zero Unbreakable and Raiden/Predator to back them up. Love the changes, Love the new meta, and am bringing zoning to the table with my box at my side. It's crazy how we get jumped for saying good things about our mains. before it was downplaying that got the hate. now it is talking up a character that got buffs.

DR.Innuendo

Kitana, Kenshi, Triborg
Dude I completely agree, "hey I think balanced is still shit, this patch actually made him worse", then some random guys who don't even play kenshi: "damn whiners, just play Kitana". They don't get the point.
I don't think any of us play Kitana and all of us main Kenshi Balanced, sure since Kenshi has always been trash we have side pocketed many characters including Sub Zero, Mileena, Kano and Sonya. but times have changed. I still don't get why you are getting so mad that a few have been making Balanced work for them. It's a good thing, not a bad thing, but if you want to call Kenshi balls trash do it. I will just get more buffs, fine by me.

@Lt. Boxy Static here's what I'm saying and that's all that matters. at least I'm not alone in the Kenshi Loyalists.

Apex Kano

Kano Commando main MKX
This is what I know...

MK9 Kano wasn't garbage. He was fair unlike the rest of the cast. #LowTierLife

DR.Innuendo

Kitana, Kenshi, Triborg
MK9 Kano wasn't garbage. He was fair unlike the rest of the cast. #LowTierLife
i like LT BOX man he has a voice of reason in this Salty Community., you him and i wont give up on Kenshi. we are that Clan man dont break us apart:( Like my new avatar man, its dope. and im sticking tru to my Subby, Hat Trick and Balanced.

i like LT BOX man he has a voice of reason in this Salty Community., you him and i wont give up on Kenshi. we are that Clan man dont break us apart:( Like my new avatar man, its dope. and im sticking tru to my Subby, Hat Trick and Balanced.
The voice of reason will be determined by actual results. In a couple of months we'll know who was right in this thread. At first I thought you worked for NRS because you tried to convince everyone that all the issues were fixed in this patch, which, we all know many think it's worse. People gave you examples of things that were wrong and you ignored facts and said things like "nrs came through" etc. There's so many threads here about things that need to be fixed, yet you tend to go into those threads and say "No, it's fine" when it obviously isn't. However now I've noticed you have accepted some flaws and accepted some things are still wrong, so now I don't think you work for nrs most likely. I understand you main kenshi then? Is that right? Then believe me, nothing would be as badass as a kenshi winning an event. Funny thing is, I hope you and @Lt. Boxy Static really show me how Kenshi is good now. I hope I'm wrong, because while he's not my main, I like playing with him. And again, if you guys ever enter an event I'd be rooting for you guys. I'm not against you guys or anyone, I'm just saying how I feel about Kenshi. Please prove me wrong, then I'll know which of us is the blind one.

DR.Innuendo

Kitana, Kenshi, Triborg
The voice of reason will be determined by actual results. In a couple of months we'll know who was right in this thread. At first, I thought you worked for NRS because you tried to convince everyone that all the issues were fixed in this patch, which, we all know many think it's worse. People gave you examples of things that were wrong and you ignored facts and said things like "nrs came through" etc. There's so many threads here about things that need to be fixed, yet you tend to go into those threads and say "No, it's fine" when it obviously isn't. However now I've noticed you have accepted some flaws and accepted some things are still wrong, so now I don't think you work for nrs most likely. I understand you main Kenshi then? Is that right? Then believe me, nothing would be as badass as a kenshi winning an event. Funny thing is, I hope you and @Lt. Boxy Static really show me how Kenshi is good now. I hope I'm wrong, because while he's not my main, I like playing with him. And again, if you guys ever enter an event I'd be rooting for you guys. I'm not against you guys or anyone, I'm just saying how I feel about Kenshi. Please prove me wrong, then I'll know which of us is the blind one.
No i don't work for NRS. That would be Coach steve. and no I won't be at NEC that's LT. Boxy. the only one i attend is KC brawl. I am not the best player, I'm decent and not gonna win any EVO anytime soon. I'm consumed with work and other engagements at hand. But I do think Kenshi Balanced improved from last patch. I have done better and placed better with current Kenshi. I can tell with my sets vs my normal practice buddie's. now my practice buddies are not the best in the world, but for my purposes, they are good enough for what I need them for, winning my local tournament. Some people play online only and that's there whellhouse , well I think Kenshi is definitely viable enough for Online play thats no doubt in my mind. the people online are worlds apart from local players, and he has what i think he needs to succeed online, now for EVO and ESL im not sure he will win those. but one thing is for sure in my mind, if Kenshi does not make it to top 8's soon that does not mean he does not have the toolset to do so. that could also mean that 1000's of good players do not Main him. we have a couple Kenshi players like pig but maybe we need more, not saying pig isnt a great player he is and i have always watched him.But we need far more than that for odds to be in our favor. I'm expecting to see many Kitana's, Cassie's, Predators, and Quans after this last patch. but that is really the problem, the top player's character base is very small they all Tier whore the top 7 characters and thats it. what about Middle tier and below. and thats why we don't see them much even though they are very much capable of making it. last Dualist Kang was a great example of that. But when thousands use the top 5 and there is only a handful of Loyalists the odds of seeing a Kenshi is not likely.

I am rooting for LT. Boxy ill be seeing you in top 8. Don't let me down, I know you have what it takes. Show em what Kenshi is made of:cool:

Last edited: