What's new

Breakthrough ATTN NRS: HawkGirl Fixes/Issues/Requests

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
Quit being an asshat because someone disagrees with you.
Get fucked. You started with the ad hominem insults first. Don't try and put that shit on me. You were in an indefensible position because you said something fucking retarded, and you're not weaseling out of it now. Scumbag.

Jon Berg

Noob
This wouldn't change the GL matchup AT ALL. None of his projectiles can reach her flying and Lantern's Might is not a projectile.
This wouldn't change the Batman matchup to anything except maybe even or 6-4. As it stands now it's 4-6 Batman but it's a swing vote. Can go either way.
This DEFINITELY wouldn't change the Zod matchup AT ALL. Zod Charge activates at 0 frames and there is nothing HG can do to stop it (believe me, I've tried.)

MB Turbine, And zods air balls would both be blockable.

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
It's worth noting that given the suggested implementation of the flight-block mechanic, Zod, Batman and Green Arrow would potentially gain anti-flightblock setups and strategies that would not only deepen the match but actually give those characters stronger damage or advantage than they can get out of knocking her down at the moment. This is not necessarily a straight line.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
It's worth noting that given the suggested implementation of the flight-block mechanic, Zod, Batman and Green Arrow would potentially gain anti-flightblock setups and strategies that would not only deepen the match but actually give those characters stronger damage or advantage than they can get out of knocking her down at the moment. This is not necessarily a straight line.
Keep in mind this was merely a suggestion from some of the members of this community. They know it's highly doubtful it would ever be implemented, they are merely putting it out there. I truly want her to be able to air dash, only while in trait, that would help IMMENSELY and would be rather easy to implement programmer wise.

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
Keep in mind this was merely a suggestion from some of the members of this community. They know it's highly doubtful it would ever be implemented, they are merely putting it out there. I truly want her to be able to air dash, only while in trait, that would help IMMENSELY and would be rather easy to implement programmer wise.
It was a suggestion from me, specifically. :p

I'd say flight-blocking has a much better chance of being implemented than airdashing does. While airdashing is more consistent with the game's established ecosystem, it would also have a broader effect and likely tilt some matches she already does well in too far in her favor - without helping the ones she loses as much as flight-blocking would, either.

HushoftheWind

When's GGA!?
damn, its about time the HG community started being more vocal. anyways if i can chime in, i would say her wing evade 2 needs to extend forward just a tad so strings like back 23 can be more threatning mid screen instead JUST the corner. Also, either fix the knock back stagger effect on some of her combos like back 23 so comboing into mb mace toss mid screen can accessible besides just in the corner. Last, make it to where she can flight cancel into a falling air attack for example 123 j2 4 12 flight cancel falling 1 land right into a ground combo finish. This will also add more dynamic to her air game as she can jump, flight cancel, into instant air attaack overhead/crossup.

MB Turbine, And zods air balls would both be blockable.
Turbine Smash is a projectile?
Why would Zod use force balls except to nail HG down to Zod Charge? Which really is uneeded because he can just Zod Charge as soon as her wings start flapping.

What if they made her more agile in the air? Enough that she could dodge boulders and air shots easier?
Like an airdash? Because an airdash would make her broken. Why?

Because she'd be able to run away all day. You wanna see a MU skew retardely in her favor? There will be no way for Bane or Grundy or NW or KF or Ares to do a single solitary thing to stop her from throwing maces and air dashing away, then MCing occasionally to the otherside or air dashing to the other side and flying away and dashing away again. Only in flight too? Yeah. Good luck catching her.

Unless you make her flight air dash only move forward. Maybe that would work.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Like an airdash? Because an airdash would make her broken. Why?

Because she'd be able to run away all day. You wanna see a MU skew retardely in her favor? There will be no way for Bane or Grundy or NW or KF or Ares to do a single solitary thing to stop her from throwing maces and air dashing away, then MCing occasionally to the otherside or air dashing to the other side and flying away and dashing away again. Only in flight too? Yeah. Good luck catching her.

Unless you make her flight air dash only move forward. Maybe that would work.
I didnt even mean an airdash, I simply meant speeding up the movement while in flight mode.

Am I the only one that has a legitimate issue if B3 gets buffed to be faster?
If by "legitimate issue" you mean "not fair for hers to be faster" than yes you woould be the only one.
If by "legitimate issue" you mean "not fair because (insert character here)'s B3 is even slower" then that sounds like an (insert character here) problem too and maybe theirs should be sped up.

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
If by "legitimate issue" you mean "not fair for hers to be faster" than yes you woould be the only one.
If by "legitimate issue" you mean "not fair because (insert character here)'s B3 is even slower" then that sounds like an (insert character here) problem too and maybe theirs should be sped up.
My issue is that it could ruin her combo potential.

GA's electric arrows upward body HG in flight, and release trait at top of jump Showtime. Guys, general m2dave and I tried to warn you all she needs help and consistency, and we were crucified by the same people that are now asking for help. Hypocritical and ironic at the same time, but the past is the past, and I'm moving forward. I will add my feedback when I return from work. They're are some things you are missing that I might be able to help with.

BTW her MB mace throw up shoulder can only be comboed dependent on her stance vs your opponents stance like certain DOA combos. I can't remember if it's open or closed stance. That creates the inconsistencies. The buffed d2's allow her to blown up for mace charge on reaction by certain characters. KH Scar was about 90%+ consistent doing this to me with The Flash. More when I get back from work

Dude, you said she sucked. So we crucified you for that. I'd LOVE for you to point out where any of those "same people" said she was top tier or anything of that nature. So unsurprisingly, you're wrong again. Would you call that "irony"?

But hey..... "the past is the past and I'm moving forward".

I've taught some people the match... and she's actually free to a lot of characters.
Cyborg, Bats, MMH, Sin, BG, GA, Zod, Lantern, WW, DS, Raven, LL b/c they can completely negate flight and have better midscreen options than her. I honestly think a good Batman, is at least 7-3 not 6-4.

@ general m2dave also made a great point that her downward Mace Throw should have the ability to go full screen corner to corner. The creates chip opportunities and negates a strategy I tell players to do in that match- up (back dash to the corner b/c she can't hit you and whiff special moves faster on purpose b/c down mace throw is too slow to gain more meter and count to 10 and get aggresive as she is falling) Also, due to mace throw's atrocious recovery it needs more chip. Superman's standing horizontal laser has 5% chip and instant recovery, while HG's recovery is by far the worst.

Maybe instead of blocking in the air b/c NRS won't add animations (just being honest)... allow armor in flight for a 1.5-2 secs for a bar of meter or allow MB air Mace charge to MB instantly and receive multiple hits of armor or be projectile invincible (mace reflects projectile theory)

I will write more later.

RunwayMafia

GA's electric arrows upward body HG in flight, and release trait at top of jump Showtime. Guys, general m2dave and I tried to warn you all she needs help and consistency, and we were crucified by the same people that are now asking for help. Hypocritical and ironic at the same time, but the past is the past, and I'm moving forward. I will add my feedback when I return from work. They're are some things you are missing that I might be able to help with.

BTW her MB mace throw up shoulder can only be comboed dependent on her stance vs your opponents stance like certain DOA combos. I can't remember if it's open or closed stance. That creates the inconsistencies. The buffed d2's allow her to blown up for mace charge on reaction by certain characters. KH Scar was about 90%+ consistent doing this to me with The Flash. More when I get back from work
Can you spare us your obvious attempt for attention and bore someone else with your ALLEGED trip down memory lane. No one blew you up...if anything, Dave was blown up for the way he handles himself. Note: I presented our top concerns in an organized manner and was polite and thorough and consulted the rest of the HG community on what we wanted to address. M2 Dave came into the forums and just started ranting and whining and just bitched up a storm directed right at NRS. In fact, most of us were content with her until we found out D3 mysteriously was no longer a hard knock down. So what you find "ironic" is in fact irrelevant considering we are not SUDDENLY scurrying around desperately "asking for help".

Dude, you said she sucked. So we crucified you for that. I'd LOVE for you to point out where any of those "same people" said she was top tier or anything of that nature. So unsurprisingly, you're wrong again. Would you call that "irony"?

But hey..... "the past is the past and I'm moving forward".
good stuff Tiger Wong... she is worse than you know... keep it up and you'll discover. Where is she top tier? Look at those match up threads and see the match ups. Some of those are absolutely horrible. How else did Showtime body one of the few HG's at EVO. He had practice with me in that match up. It was free. I know a lot more holes that you guys have yet to discover or are just hiding for the sake of them being exposed to other characters.

She's horrible... we all know, but are too emotionally attached to admit it. I'm not

So what you find "ironic" is in fact irrelevant considering we are not SUDDENLY scurrying around desperately "asking for help".
uhhh... read the thread. you guys crucified me before Dave came in. Dave read it and just happened to agree with what I put. I tried in an organized matter at first until the HG "pros" had to flaunt there stuff. Did you forget that you were one of the ones that did that Mr. Mafia? Calling a Spade a Spade. Is it that hard to say maybe you were wrong at the time?

RunwayMafia

good stuff Tiger Wong... she is worse than you know... keep it up and you'll discover. Where is she top tier? Look at those match up threads and see the match ups. Some of those are absolutely horrible. How else did Showtime body one of the few HG's at EVO. He had practice with me in that match up. It was free. I know a lot more holes that you guys have yet to discover or are just hiding for the sake of them being exposed to other characters.

She's horrible... we all know, but are too emotionally attached to admit it. I'm not
Duuude...clearly anyone who plays her at high level would know she isn't top tier NOR is she anywhere near "horrible". And lol at pointing out Showtime bodying some alleged HG at Evo. That doesn't mean shit. If you want to you use that as an example talk to the Aquamans, Grundy's and Batman's I stormed through at Evo. I played several good players in our hotel and they were all bitching and moaning and quite frankly disheveled when facing an ACTUAL HawkGirl main...so don't bring up some random HG player.

Secondly, why are you even in this post, insulting the HG players and raising your hand "oooooh I said she sucked....I said she needed help....OHHHH LOOK AT ME....Showtime bodied a HG....me and M2 Dave....me and M2Dave"...LOL, everything you are posting we are already aware of...so clearly you are just trying to antagonize and start shit with a community who has legit concerns for their character. Troll elsewhere....

I've taught some people the match... and she's actually free to a lot of characters.
Cyborg, Bats, MMH, Sin, BG, GA, Zod, Lantern, WW, DS, Raven, LL b/c they can completely negate flight and have better midscreen options than her. I honestly think a good Batman, is at least 7-3 not 6-4.
her downward Mace Throw should have the ability to go full screen corner to corner. The creates chip opportunities and negates a strategy I tell players to do in that match- up (back dash to the corner b/c she can't hit you and whiff special moves faster on purpose b/c down mace throw is too slow to gain more meter and count to 10 and get aggresive as she is falling) Also, due to mace throw's atrocious recovery it needs more chip. Superman's standing horizontal laser has 5% chip and instant recovery, while HG's recovery is by far the worst.
I agree with all of this. Although......

- waiting for her to fall is not a legit strat. The only time I fall out of Flight is when I want to. AKA I'm gonna make myself drop out to start the flight clock again before it drops me.
- Damn MT needing more chip. How about more recovery? Or make it the mid it says it is?

Maybe instead of blocking in the air b/c NRS won't add animations (just being honest)... allow armor in flight for a 1.5-2 secs for a bar of meter or allow MB air Mace charge to MB instantly and receive multiple hits of armor or be projectile invincible (mace reflects projectile theory)
I actually asked for this. Why does no one listen to me? Actually Boodendorf mentioned it first.

RunwayMafia

uhhh... read the thread. you guys crucified me before Dave came in. Dave read it and just happened to agree with what I put. I tried in an organized matter at first until the HG "pros" had to flaunt there stuff. Did you forget that you were one of the ones that did that Mr. Mafia? Calling a Spade a Spade. Is it that hard to say maybe you were wrong at the time?
I don't recall ever "crucifying" anyone for their opinions on HG. If you handled your self then the way you are now, yeah I'm sure I "crucified" you...if that's how you interpret calling out bull shit. ;)