What's new

Breakthrough ATTN NRS: HawkGirl Fixes/Issues/Requests

lol how cute, you all made a club of who is allowed to be considered a hawkgirl "main". sorry i didn't walk in the day Injustice came out talking about a game i knew nothing about. i try to come in here for ideas and all i see is people spewing out nonsense and pretending hawkgirl is better then she is, worse then she is, needs super buffs like armor on flight.

you can't live in a fantasy bubble where you want all these buffs for hawkgirl, its insane. look at the game as a whole and find SMALL THINGS to change. fixes first. if you think b3 needs to be fixed, fine. but what about all the other shitty b3 in the game? she isn't the only character with an "inconsistent" b3 linker. divekick hkd? yes, this is a small change that makes sense. honestly, hawkgirl is probably one of the characters they are least worried about changing. there are far worse, and far better, characters that need adjusting first. this patch is gonna be a rude awakening for a lot of people i think

dont sit here and think, i went to evo with hawkgirl I KNOW what im talking about, anyone who disagrees is wrong. forums are supposed to be a discussion, and yet this one is some official NRS please make these exact changes cuz me and my 4 friends said so and speak for the greater good of all hawkgirl players who we dont even like and insult cuz we act like children.......

sorry if i dont want them to look at this forum and think we all endorse everything said

Exactly! Random people that doesn't even come to the Hawkgirl forums is coming here and saying that 1,2,3 B3 is consistent, dosagreeing with a lot of our actually LEGIT FIX requests... So please if you are going to come here saying things like that at least come with proofs... Mafia actually spent time recording the issues we wanted to show to NRS... There is a video of Mafia showing how inconsistent B3 after 1,2,3 is... Then random people comes saying another thing... Omg please get out of this thread & in Jon Berg's case keep asking for Hawkgirl nerfs. Bye.

i really hope your not pointing me out on this. im being really civilize in this thread, just because someone doesnt post as much as you do doesnt automatically make them a "noob" i been around the fighting scene and travel around in the west coast so i am no beginner when it comes to mechanics/skill of this game or other games that have been around much longer. so that coming aside, you naming yourself and whoever HG mains that make active posts does not make you a expert nor do i qoute you on that but thats what you are sounding online on a forum no less.
you might or might not have a problem with anyone that might not agree with you and though that may be ok i am making this a healthy convoy, if you want proof here ya go.
http://www.twitch.tv/doubleperfect/b/441519654
first 20 seconds is me having to warm up my cold fingers. but other than that i made the video showing it clear that either stance or poke into 1,2,3 -b3 is consistent. used the same stage, same updated patch, on aquaman to replicate runaways mafia video demonstration. ALSO i had to relook at his video on the first page you can tell that b3 is done a tad late. again im NOT bashing im noticing since i overlooked it the first time before posting about proof.

if you guys want it easier to hit thats fine just say that. i can agree that a 32 frame move for HG to be considered really slow compare to other characters in the game.

just look at my video. is all im asking.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
No. Sir, you may be one of the individuals that can boastfully claim it isnt inconsistent...but there are plenty of us offline players who have noticed it is in fact NOT smooth nor consistent. Boodenforf, DanCock and myself all play offline, we all see how inconsitent it is...it has nothing to do with online because we aren't referencing online.
To be completely honest, I felt the same as you... although the last two times I hit training mode with HG, I landed 123 into b3 nine times out of ten. It is wierd like Lobo or Batgirl b3, but once you get used to it, it's not so bad.

Boodendorf

Bird woman!
Honestly even if i think that 123 b3 is inconsistant, I really don't care about that string. The only real use it has is when you need to punish DS wakeup sword jump thing flip when you block it. That's it. You can replace 123 with f11 or 3 mt mb up shoulder in every other case for the same or higher amount of damage if you're willing to use a meter. And if you need an armored move just use f3. Much faster, slightly less range than b3, leads to 50% in the corner.
(Adding b3 in a 3 mt mb combo only adds 2% compared to a combo with te same starter without it.
With b3: 47%, without: 45%, that's about nothing very important unless it's the last combo of the match. Even then 45% is good enough.)
If anything making f3 have slightly more range would be a better idea than buffing b3. This whole argument about b3 needs to stop as it's a buff that's about as important as how useful we1 is (not at all).
U S E F 3

Also RunwayMafia, it's not because people don't play hawkgirl as much as me or you that we can't listen to their suggestions or comments on the buffs we listed. Stop being so aggressive. Yes they say that the combo is consistant or something and that they don't want it buffed FOR THAT REASON, if you really wanna buff b3 you've got that second reason which is against jump ins or whatever you said.
Yes we didn't agree with TAS_dash before, we each had our own reasons (mine was wanting to study every matchups before saying anything about buffing/fixing her), but he's making valid points right now and damn good suggestions.

Being so not friendly isn't going to help us. At meast try to be completely neutral on how you interact with other people in this thread.

(There are so many bad dirty comments I can make about this whole when HG is touching the comment its unreal)
I'm the only one who laughed too hard when you wrote "sinestro throwing their balls around"?
I was thinking hold plus MB in flight only not jumping. 8f+ plus the idea of moving away from the incoming person or projectiles should be enough, since you could pick one of 8 directions.
Good. What happens at the end of the air dash? Can you go back into flight or are you forced to the ground (would be pretty stupid). And how much landing lag would an air dash have?

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
i really hope your not pointing me out on this. im being really civilize in this thread, just because someone doesnt post as much as you do doesnt automatically make them a "noob" i been around the fighting scene and travel around in the west coast so i am no beginner when it comes to mechanics/skill of this game or other games that have been around much longer. so that coming aside, you naming yourself and whoever HG mains that make active posts does not make you a expert nor do i qoute you on that but thats what you are sounding online on a forum no less.
you might or might not have a problem with anyone that might not agree with you and though that may be ok i am making this a healthy convoy, if you want proof here ya go.
http://www.twitch.tv/doubleperfect/b/441519654
first 20 seconds is me having to warm up my cold fingers. but other than that i made the video showing it clear that either stance or poke into 1,2,3 -b3 is consistent. used the same stage, same updated patch, on aquaman to replicate runaways mafia video demonstration. ALSO i had to relook at his video on the first page you can tell that b3 is done a tad late. again im NOT bashing im noticing since i overlooked it the first time before posting about proof.

if you guys want it easier to hit thats fine just say that. i can agree that a 32 frame move for HG to be considered really slow compare to other characters in the game.

just look at my video. is all im asking.

Well ofcourse you were "tagged" but just in the point of the 1,2,3 B3 being consistent... The "people who doesn't even come" is for that DASH guys... Also i don't get mad of people that doesn't agree with me, it's completeley ok... But well what's the point of coming in here saying it's consistent? Well a lot of us agree that that's NOT a consistent move... Somedays i can perform it 5 times... The next day i will perform it once, etc... And always doing the same timing! Sorry but that's not consistent. If it's consistemt for you... Well i'm glad. But trust me.. I have tried this for HOURS and NEVER , NEVER get a comstant success on the combo, also it needs to be faster because Hg's MB B3 is pretty defeatable by a lot of characters, and it doesn't work after a scoop interactable.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
TAS_DASH
doubleperfect
nuttyAFA

Clearly my intentions for this thread was not to argue or be "aggressive" towards anyone. I apologize for coming across as a dick and I'm moving forward from this point on. IN A NUT SHELL, is there anything you want me to add to the OP (like video wise)...I'm going to film the B2 whiffing nonsense as well as the 32~MT MB inconsistencies in regards to stance. ;)

don't mention evo, not "stop mentioning evo"

a couple of you are really bad about making it seem like people said a lot more then they did. i said it once. i'm not hounding you to not ask people about buffs or request them, but you (and the couple others who scream with you) are not willing to take any criticism or disagreement it feels like

edit: i deleted half this post cuz i dont want to continue the negative path. i just feel some of these buff requests are just completely unrealistic

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord

a couple of you are really bad about making it seem like people said a lot more then they did. i said it once. i'm not hounding you to not ask people about buffs or request them, but you (and the couple others who scream with you) are not willing to take any criticism or disagreement it feels like

edit: i deleted half this post cuz i dont want to continue the negative path. i just feel some of these buff requests are just completely unrealistic
Well even i know that that block is kinda untealistic.. But hey! That's their oppinion they are free to ask for any buff they would like! And that's ok! And if you see previous posts you will see a lot of us having preferences for he "fixes" what is really what she needs

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord

Well even i know that that block is kinda untealistic.. But hey! That's their oppinion they are free to ask for any buff they would like! And that's ok! And if you see previous posts you will see a lot of us having preferences for he "fixes" what is really what she needs

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord

Well even i know that that block is kinda untealistic.. But hey! That's their oppinion they are free to ask for any buff they would like! And that's ok! And if you see precious posts you will see a lot of us having preferences for he "fixes" what is really what she needs

shouldn't we all be in agreement that at some point in this game's lifetime, WE1 should be made not the single most useless special move in the game? it's like a horrible troll that i have to think about everytime i WE lol

we 1 is pretty bad indeed. if i ever see that thing hit in a legit match that would be sick

Jon Berg

Noob
shouldn't we all be in agreement that at some point in this game's lifetime, WE1 should be made not the single most useless special move in the game? it's like a horrible troll that i have to think about everytime i WE lol

NW Scatterbomb. I think im bound to see WE1 land 100 times more because of missed inputs than scatterbomb.

RunwayMafia

nuttyAFA
You'll have to forgive me on the evo comment...someone way earlier patronized me calling me the "evo champ" and that I must know everything. Lol...so I just lumped you with that person, my bad. In my defense, I personally just want B3 sped up, B2 to be a true mid, and D3 to be returned to a HKD. The rest is just our suggestions and creative minds coming together. ;)

RunwayMafia

WE1 is absurd. When I started my wing evade guide like a month ago...I had to go back to include it, because I forgot it even existed. I wish they had made the mace toss in this move go out straight from her body....like a forward toss. Or something...this move is so forgettable.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Lol omg i REMEMBER i performed a WE(1) once.. When i recently picked up Hawkgirl, i was like... Ohh that move looks good, it must be godlike against air moves.... And i tried & tried & tried it against a WW player.. After like 10 fails it hit an air demigodess, and that's all

i mean, she obviously already has an anti-air that you couldn't ask for more from, but the damn move should work in some kind of combo or SOMETHING. it's like they thought of WE2 and WE3, but had no idea what to make the third move...but had to make a third move lol.

screw it, just have her toss the mace in the air, whatever lol

NW Scatterbomb. I think im bound to see WE1 land 100 times more because of missed inputs than scatterbomb.

is that the one where he is in escrima stance and it LOOKS like a good anti air? i always wondered if it was ass or not cuz it reminded me of WE1 lol

RunwayMafia

Lol omg i REMEMBER i performed a WE(1) once.. When i recently picked up Hawkgirl, i was like... Ohh that move looks good, it must be godlike against air moves.... And i tried & tried & tried it against a WW player.. After like 10 fails it hit an air demigodess, and that's all
Lol...I think the only time I legit landed a WE~1 was at the start of a match and it hit my opponent because they jumped forward...and it was a total accident...I never meant to do the move...

Good. What happens at the end of the air dash? Can you go back into flight or are you forced to the ground (would be pretty stupid). And how much landing lag would an air dash have?

It should be dependent on her height. If she touches ground, let her land, with instant/near instant recovery. (I mean you are burning a bar)

People could argue that the 8f of invincibility are OP, so maybe just the 3 backwards directions get that addition.

Honestly, this with consistency buffs would really help her out more than anything. I also think more chip on Mace Throw.

TheSpore

Nurgle Chaos God of Death and Disease
Here we go my request and this is it:
B2=true mid
Drop Kick = HKD
B3= speed that fucker up, I won't complain if it isn't buffed, but hey why.

Here is a good question, those of us HG players that seemingly don't want B3 buffed, why be against a buff that would likely make our character better anyway? Its not one of my biggest wants in the character, personally besides the top two suggestions I mentioned I could care a less about B3, but it wouldn't be an unwelcomed buff.

Also I read somone mentioning AA with HG, well obviously her D2 is great, which depending on how close you connect that D2, you can follow up with a 3~MC. Sures its a short and tiny combo, but it is a follow up to her D2. Also D1 cna cancel into a MC as well...

We1 yeah I haven't managed to find a use for it, but I'm gonna play with it as well as her MT moves, because I have a feeling she may have some nasty tricks to use with those moves.

I found one single solitary use for WE1.

Countering Doomsday's Supernova. Especially perfect after a HKD and doing the 3~WE tech and DD gets up with a Supernova.

That's it. It's the only use I've found for it.

Oh..... and wanna know something else? WE1...... is a HKD. Awesome huh?

TAS_DASH
doubleperfect
nuttyAFA

Clearly my intentions for this thread was not to argue or be "aggressive" towards anyone. I apologize for coming across as a dick and I'm moving forward from this point on. IN A NUT SHELL, is there anything you want me to add to the OP (like video wise)...I'm going to film the B2 whiffing nonsense as well as the 32~MT MB inconsistencies in regards to stance. ;)
My apologies for things going haywire, as well. Moving forward, I think you have it all. My only other thing is to maybe ask for more chip with mace throw due to it's long recovery. If the video show superman's 5% and start up and recovery vs HG's. I understand that Supes' laser is high, but some people can duck HG's MT. I'm not saying she needs 5%, but something to make people respect Mace throw more. This is optional of course, as I don't know that we all agree with it. I just think she lacks in the chip damage department, overall.

As I stated, if her consistency issues get fixed, she acquires better chip, and some type of MB flight dash, she will in my eyes truly be very solid character, whose overall weak mid screen options and damage can be justified.

Yes, I believe its safe to say that we can all agree on several topics:

1) Fix HG's mids to be REAL MIDS. So thats, B22 and MT most notably.

2) Fix HG's divekick back to HKD AS IT WAS BEFORE. IT IS ESSENTIAL TO HER OKI GAME!!!!!! (Obviously my biggest issue)

3)Fix that dumb floaty animation post air MT MB whiff