What's new

Breakthrough ATTN NRS: HawkGirl Fixes/Issues/Requests

Boodendorf

Bird woman!
It should be dependent on her height. If she touches ground, let her land, with instant/near instant recovery. (I mean you are burning a bar)

People could argue that the 8f of invincibility are OP, so maybe just the 3 backwards directions get that addition.

Honestly, this with consistency buffs would really help her out more than anything. I also think more chip on Mace Throw.
The thing is if only back/upback/downback airdashes have invincibility, then the forward airdashes won't be braindead against zoning which is fine by me BUT they'll have to reduce the recovery of her ground dash.
Here's an exemple:
You're in flight, DS jump to airgun and you react with a downback airdash which will land you near instantly on the ground, you'll be able to dash forward on the ground while ds is still recovering so that you'll actually be closer to the opponent.

A thought here: downback/downforward airdash should use the same angle as her divekick so that even if you dash back you won't lose as much ground as you'll gain by dashing on the ground. It'll also be anotheer tool for ambiguous crossups, eexcept it'll open up many more possibilities than a knockdown.

I'm good with more chip I guess.

The thing is if only back/upback/downback airdashes have invincibility, then the forward airdashes won't be braindead against zoning which is fine by me BUT they'll have to reduce the recovery of her ground dash.
Here's an exemple:
You're in flight, DS jump to airgun and you react with a downback airdash which will land you near instantly on the ground, you'll be able to dash forward on the ground while ds is still recovering so that you'll actually be closer to the opponent.

A thought here: downback/downforward airdash should use the same angle as her divekick so that even if you dash back you won't lose as much ground as you'll gain by dashing on the ground. It'll also be anotheer tool for ambiguous crossups, eexcept it'll open up many more possibilities than a knockdown.

I'm good with more chip I guess.
I truly believe her ground dash is too slow. It's just people said it was fine so I dropped it.

so this is what imma say to point out what i mentioned already; to make hawk legit :D

-make b3 a bit faster so that you can use b3 on a scoop interactable, probably needs to be 2 frame faster so it works well on all stages.

-recovery on end of dash needs to be shorten

-make standing mace toss better either changing recovery of move or making it a true mid

-make pushback on moves less on hit on some strings so that she has a better mid game. such as using b2,2 into w/e

-make we1 useful

-make certain combos into scoop interactable not whiff on most cast.

and my last suggestion which is only wishful thinking is making her f3 3-4 frames (making it 25~26 on startup) faster since it has a super short range.

edit; last suggestion i have is make the combos hawk have work on female characters since they have a smaller hurtbox

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
so this is what imma say to point out what i mentioned already; to make hawk legit :D

-make b3 a bit faster so that you can use b3 on a scoop interactable, probably needs to be 2 frame faster so it works well on all stages.

-recovery on end of dash needs to be shorten

-make standing mace toss better either changing recovery of move or making it a true mid

-make pushback on moves less on hit on some strings so that she has a better mid game. such as using b2,2 into w/e

-make we1 useful

-make certain combos into scoop interactable not whiff on most cast.

and my last suggestion which is only wishful thinking is making her f3 3-4 frames (making it 25~26 on startup) faster since it has a super short range.
I agree on that! Well the stage things are something i almost don't use... But i must start using them

ummm lol....i just tested out that its possible to get a additional 9% from a scoop interactable and using one metter bar. making it possible to get 45%~49% after punishing a -6~-12 block move :D

edit; scoop interactable is legit.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
colt hecterrific

Gentleman, I updated the original post with videos showcasing her B2 normal that is listed as a mid but in fact does not "hit" like a mid. As well as a video showing why her B3 should be sped up slightly due to being stuffed by a jump in. Armoring her B3 is sometimes useless. Finally, a video showing the stance specific linkage for 32~Mace Toss MB up shoulder and 32~Bounce cancel F3. Descriptions are under the new videos in the updated original post. ;)
Espio Boodendorf Tiger Wong AspyxiaDyslexia- DanCock EmInEnTShAdOw Eternal Blaze

kaseyk

Noob
the only fix i see as a must is ground dig bug on air mt mb if done low . its an obvious bug that should work the same no matter what height you do it from .

i kinda like the ground mt going over ducked opponents because it often is followed by dash in or ji that gets stuffed by mb .

i would request that upward mt mb have the same recovery on hit as straight mt mbu on hit for combo follow up reasons .

the stage specific b1-we3-b1-we3 bug is surely the most difficult to fix and its the least bothersome to me because she has so many better options that do significantly more dmg .