What's new

Question ask stryker thread

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
fjp; b3,2; 1,2; 1,2xxgunshot; 3 (38%)
fjp; b3,2; 1,2; 1,2; 1,2xxEXgunshot; 3 (43%)
fjp; b1,2,2; 1,2; 1,2xxgunshot; 3 (37%)
fjp; b1,2,2; 1,2; 1,2; 1,2xxEXgunshot; 3 (41%)
fjp; b2,f2; 1,2; 1,2xxgunshot; 3 (37%)
fjp; b2,f2, 1,2; 1,2; 1,2xxEXgunshot; 3 (41%)
fjp; b3,2; 1,2xxgunshot; 1,2xxEXgunshot (44%)

deep jk; 1,2; 1xxgunshot; 3 (27%)
deep jk; 1,2; 1,2xxEXgunshot; 3 (32%)
fjp; b3,2; 1,2xxXRay (50%)

You can use uppercut instead of 3 if you want a little more damage.
Oh my lol talk about a reset fest!!! i love it

this one is my bnb corner

fjp; b3,2; 1,2xxgunshot; 1,2xxEXgunshot (44%)

but i often drop it. So i usually do
B3,2; 3 throw
B3,2; 1,2xxgunshot; 3 throw

What in the world :confused: seems like you just plugged in half of his string in that corner combo and.... and... and I like it :-D

Do you mean B2F2 or B32? Anyway this combo you posted sounds like a timing fest and quite frankly would deem impossible lol. I'll take the troll bait and try it :)

yo,sorry for mij bad wrighting english :top:
i play with xbox controller ,b2 f2 is the combo start with his feet
this combo is just a little bit difficult,but i wright hier because i think never other did him before,its works before patch also
grtz para

yo,sorry for mij bad wrighting english :top:
i play with xbox controller ,b2 f2 is the combo start with his feet
this combo is just a little bit difficult,but i wright hier because i think never other did him before,its works before patch also
grtz para
haha i mean b3 f2
you have to be fast between 12,12

Carefoot

http://youtube.com/nickcarefoot
Back @ PDP in Vegas May 15th less than a month of the game being out for release my entire strategy involved getting them into the corner with rolltosses and sweeps than I would meaty back 3, 2, 1, 2, 1, 2, 1, 2, 1, 2 and repeat because it was the unpatched (Fully) version of the game so it would beat all wake ups consitently. Lost to sub zeroes slide.

So back than I learned linking 1,2s in a custom combo actually works theres a presise timing you can hit (even online its dialed in) where it links them togethor where its no longer custom. So basically 1,2 s link well togethor in a corner combo because with (a lot of grinding in practice mode) I got it pretty consistent for the day of the tournament @ PDP. lol :p

Also well timed 1, 2s will push them back into the air and their gravity for the next push means they drop faster so incrementally the 2nd 1, 2 is input a milisec faster.

Don't use the combo I meantioned btw thats old. This new back 3 and forward 2 shit to prevent input errors - this my friends is the future. Honestly I wish there was an easier way to learn to do this new combo than just sitting in training for a week until it comes out and than getting the success rate of it up to a reasonable poiint where I can actually pull it out in matches and feel confident in it as something that is reliable.

Open space

jip back + 122, BAMBAM, dash 12xexBAMBAM, dash, uppercut

Corner

jip, b+32, 12xxBAMBAM, 12xxexBAMBAM, 12

These I have here should be as high damage the JIP is added to any start of a combo Stryker has for an extra 3%

Strykers high damage combos aren't where his damage comes from you really want your juggle state combos to be high to be most effective.
Learning to link 1, 2 into itself is important for this.

LEGEND

YES!
I tried messing with it earlier. So far I've been able to do:

B3,2, B1,2,2, 1,2 xx EX Gun Shot, 1,1, 4 / Roll Toss (for around 39% or 40%). But I can't do the one he posted.. (the two 1,2s in a row)

Not a very practical combo but it looks flashy as hell lol. I like it. :) From now on that's going to be my troll corner combo lmao.
i messed around with B32 B122 in the corner and found a decent reset, cant remember the input right now, i think i may have used an EX gun.

Forum seems stoped lately... so to motivate you to post again... Here some I noticed.

Stryker B1, 2,2 ... if you look well, is actually his classic combo in HD from MK3... "Elbow, Punch in face... Tonfa Upper"

Yet about tonfas (the weapons in his back, to those who don´t know the real name)... The way that Stryker hold them in his <2 >2, or <2, 1, and his throws, is completely irrelegular. Is called "pistol" because of similar way of wielding, being a wrong thing. Although, in his X-ray, he wield over the elbow, being that, the proper way to use a tonfa.

And if I´m correct, no police in the world uses 2 tonfas because the main purpose of using one is imobilize, and using one is easier to do it, because of the free hand, and using 2, the main purpose is hurt :D. But of course, the game mechanics needs 2, and if you think well... in a invasion... you just use 2 because you WILL hurt someone :p.

If you have some that i missed :p.. please share. You got to care, you got to share. Is the right thing to do. lol

Question: Guys, I don´t see much about... you think that the Stryker "acceptance" is better with this new MK to now?? I was ever a fan of him, but no ideia if some people actually enjoy the Stryker reboot, and stop with the "the worst character".

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Nor do any cops use Desert Eagles (two of them, at that), as it's a very heavy gun with high recoil and a small magazine, it's accurate; but it's only used in sport shooting - it's a movie gun. They'd most likely have a standard issue Glock - since the recoil is minimal, it's accurate, relatively light weight and has a large magazine. I can't say I've seen any cops carrying grenades, either!

Safe to say that MK is fantasy based! ;)

edit: I personally preferred Mall cop Stryker, John Cena doesn't have a badge. But, you give John Cena a DE and you've got all the cowadoodie and WWE fans eating it up like candy. Thus, making him marketable to American youth. Marketing, it's a bitch.

RamenO

It Stinks!
John Cena lookalike and two batons is likely just for the "badass" factor, but correct me if I'm wrong but I thought the gun he uses was a Beretta.

At least that's what it looks like from the barrel area. But I'm no gun nut, so...

Would make a lot more sense, as I think SWAT and certain military forces do use that.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
but correct me if I'm wrong but I thought the gun he uses was a Beretta.
It's hard to say, honestly, it almost looks as if the gun he uses is somewhat of a variation of the two. They both look rather similar, though clearly the DE has a longer barrel, the DE is considerably louder though; and the his gun shot to the head fatality leads me to believe that it's a DE due to the rather dramatic recoil...but I'm not sure!

RamenO

It Stinks!
Been fooling around with Stryker in the lab, probably already known but a solid corner combo regardless.

49%
JIP -> B1-2-2 -> Gunshot -> 1xxEN Gunshot -> 1-2xxEN Gunshot -> D2(Uppercut)

Gets them out the corner, and burns two meters, but this is why it's worth it....

OLD SCHOOL!

I will do everything in my power to get this combo off on a stream. Mark my words.

DFC

Cutthroat Truther
Meterless? I tend to use B122 NJ2 12 gunshot 3. But I use B3 2 12 gunshot 12 Ex Gunshot 3, If I have them in the corner, I'm more confident and will burn meter

Wombat

Noob
Some damage oriented corner stuff:
jip; b+3,2/b+1,2,2/b+2,f+2; 1,2; 1,2~pewpew; 1,2~grenade (44%/41%/42%)
jip; b+1,2,2; njp; pewpew; 1,2; 1,2~ex-pewpew; 1,2/4/d+2 (45%/46%) - note that you gain 4% for burning 1 meter bar (5% if you want to release the dude out of the corner) which is pretty shitty compared with other characters... shame that 1,2~grenade at the end whiffs, I'm pretty sure it'd up the damage near the 50% mark - if anyone has any idea how to improve this, let me know.

Oh, and easymode would be:
jip; b+3,2/b+2,f+2; 1,2; 1,2; 1,2~grenade (40%/38%)
jip; b+1,2,2; njp; 1,2; 1,2; 1,2~grenade (39%)

Espio

Kokomo
The only high damage corner combo I usually go with as Stryker is jump in punch 1, back 3, 2, 1,2,1,2,12, uppercut for 41%. I find that to be the easiest and most effective corner combo, the only drawback is it removes them from the corner.

In my opinion, I wouldn't use meter for any of Stryker's combos' he can get into the upper 30's almost to 40% without meter, the meter to me is best used for his armor roll or breakers.

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
I found a new stryker combo for 38%. I'm trying to add a neutral jump in it to push the damage output further but the timing is so FREAKING ridiculous that i'm here to ask help from my other dirty cops. Here is the combo

JP...B122~Gunshot~(slight dash) 1 xx gunshot~(slight dash) D4 xx Roll toss (38%)

Now Im trying to do a neutral jump punch after the B122 string but have no luck landing the D4 into roll toss. here it is

JP...B122~NJP~(slight dash) Gunshot~(slight dash) 1 xx gunshot~(slight dash) D4 xx Roll toss.

If anyone with better execution can try it to confirm whether this thing is even possible would be greatly appreciated. I found this combo while trying to link two gunshot in a combo and still be able to end it with roll toss :)

the real combo that im trying to achieve is

JP ~ B122~NJP~1 xx gunshot~dash or slight dash 1 xx EN Gunshot~dash 1 or D4 (most likely) into roll toss (damage unknown). Feel free to take a stab at it too. Now that roll toss is faster and the ability to link it after D4 for airborne opponent, I cant help think that this is possible...execpt that the timing could be super super tight.

Let me know what you guys think. Maybe that will help put my mind at ease :)

x18x2xwildx

Something wicked this way comes.
My friend is having a hell of a time dealing with Mileena when she rushes in with low pokes, his major problem being that he can never seem to cross her up out of them effectively. We played around with it, and because Mileena's hitbox is so small, it IS really hard for her to be crossed up. What is Stryker's best option in this situation?

Any advice from you Stryker pros would be appreciated :)

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
you friend can forget about landing a jumping punch on Mileena. He can try
- EN roll toss
- late jump kick dash D4 xx roll toss

DanCock

Cock Master!!
Cross over deep kicks into special moves. When we play this is what I do vs you. Except the last time we played I was trying to come up with new stuff, so maybe you forgot.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

Carefoot

http://youtube.com/nickcarefoot
This matchup is really stupid. I think this is a roll over situation Stryker needs not to fall over ever in this matchup. Roll toss wiffed d4s, you can use 4 xx rolltoss, d4 hitconifrm into 4, and b3 xx baton sweep

Generally I wave dash from far screen to close screen vs her unless she has no meter than I zone her.

Also baton 4 is a long low poke that is unsafe but Stryker can use it too frame trap predicatable d4's. Also if you make a read a single back 3 will also slap them away. All you can really do is condition the mileena into feeling its unsafe but ultimately you d4 all day against Stryker its free.

EX-Grenades will blow the fuck out of regular tele kicks sometimes and it looks hilarious.

One thing a good Mileena will do is throw a lot so throwing her first is good advice.

Lots of standing 4s.

Also learning the mileena roll punish (at least being able to get 29% would help this matchup use to me 9-1 for me now its more along the lines of a 7-3)

X-Ray I think in this matchup in the future would be important I think learning to link the X-Ray off a roll punish (which at this time there is no combo figured out for this yet but if it happens then I could see this becoming 5-5)

Also if you can do those Check Stryker combos yeah those would kill her too 45% midscreen ty do that one all day.

So my advice is poke her more, use more normals, throws, avoid using projectiles out of nervousness and rather when you're at advantage (slap her first with your baton for example). Don't just shoot. Slap and shoot.

Also after a knockdown she can gain advantage on wakeup and knock you down so knocking Mileena down isn't recommend IMO. Standing 3 resets. Also d4s can be hit with Strykers good sweep. At the same time she can hit you out them if your doing it out of desperation. Stay the fuck out of the corner thats when her d4 is actually a game breaking problem where you can just check out.

Her vastly superior low poking game is a problem seeing how Stykers low combo starters and low pokes are are haphazardly unsafe low. However Strykers high poking game (gun, grenade, baton, kop out, 4) and anti-air game is amazing. You need to punish her psis every time, block low (d4 doesn't do any damage at the end of the day if you block it its only really just giving her meter and if she demands too mash it out ex-roll too punish) and I don't know a whole lot of other tricks. Like I learned about Kung Lao is just ducking and uppercutting can sometimes own the fuck out of him. Mileena I haven't quite put as much time into this MU

You can also bait tele kicks with stance change and you can bait out psis too roll, you can bait a lot basically. A gun cancel in this mu can be done if you know what your doing...