What's new

Question ask stryker thread

I was in a close match, and this smoke did his EX shake, so I got off 3 gun cancels to build enough meter for an X-ray, and did my X-ray as he was coming out of his shake, and won the round. Lol.

And I also just did that corner combo/setup 4 out of 4 times against a good player in some online matches. So it's success rate is higher than you'd probably think. And does anyone know of any OTG hits he has aside from the down 3 after an EX Baton Sweep? I haven't found any yet.

Espio

Kokomo
Off topic, but are you getting Doa?
Not right now...I might get it a month from now, playing P4A, Infamous 2, Sonic Generations, and stuff for now.

I did really want the game, Lei-Fang, Zach, and Elliot <3.

Cause I'm about done with game to be quite frank, my video guides are done and my synergy series is done.

Rampage254

Ayy Lmao
Not right now...I might get it a month from now, playing P4A, Infamous 2, Sonic Generations, and stuff for now.

I did really want the game, Lei-Fang, Zach, and Elliot <3
I'm thinking of getting it, but I have never played any other doa game before, and I'm also trying to learn Tekken Tag 2, cause for some reason I'm having fun with it, and I'm trying to learn SF too. So it will be hard to keep up with those games, and last week I bought all the Assassin's Creed games so I can get ready for AC3. It's a good small break from MK, even though I still try to play that a bit so I won't get completely rusty.

Espio

Kokomo
I'm thinking of getting it, but I have never played any other doa game before, and I'm also trying to learn Tekken Tag 2, cause for some reason I'm having fun with it, and I'm trying to learn SF too. So it will be hard to keep up with those games, and last week I bought all the Assassin's Creed games so I can get ready for AC3. It's a good small break from MK, even though I still try to play that a bit so I won't get completely rusty.
DOA is really fun, only one I ever got to play was DOA2, great game and DOA5 looks pretty promising in my opinion. It's nice that you're branching out and tryng other fighters, TT2 looks super fun actually, hopefully Chi streams more with you guys :). Whose your team so far for it?

You have all the Assassin's Creed games? Play me in Revelations when you get to it please lol, I'd love to play more, just nobody to reall play, but the AC series is amazing.

Rampage254

Ayy Lmao
DOA is really fun, only one I ever got to play was DOA2, great game and DOA5 looks pretty promising in my opinion. It's nice that you're branching out and tryng other fighters, TT2 looks super fun actually, hopefully Chi streams more with you guys :). Whose your team so far for it?

You have all the Assassin's Creed games? Play me in Revelations when you get to it please lol, I'd love to play more, just nobody to reall play, but the AC series is amazing.
My team was going to be Yoshimitsu and Hwoarang, but their playstyles seem to advanced for me, so for now Im using Ancient Ogre and Law until I understand the game better, then I might pick up a new team. It might be a while before I get to AC:R lol, but I will let you know when I do.

It's safer because you don't end up being as close to the opponent, but it's still -11 on block. Also, I viewed the bracket, getting top 4 with Stryker was really impressive brah <3.
Thanks bro! I really like Stryker a lot. <3

The problem with him is that he can't really get his big damage combos as easy as other characters.

I was thinking of using max distance baton sweep as bait, and as soon as they try to come in with a punish them bone then with b2,f2 launcher.

b2,f2 seems to have decent priority over some highs and mids too.

Anyway, back to the lab:coffee:

Espio

Kokomo
Thanks bro! I really like Stryker a lot. <3

The problem with him is that he can't really get his big damage combos as easy as other characters.

I was thinking of using max distance baton sweep as bait, and as soon as they try to come in with a punish them bone then with b2,f2 launcher.

b2,f2 seems to have decent priority over some highs and mids too.

Anyway, back to the lab:coffee:
I love that Stryker avatar, very classy :D. I'm glad you're enjoying him, this is why I'm happy the new mains event took off, we're all trying new characters and really exploring the game a lot more, which is awesome.

Yeah it's a bit tricky sometimes getting big damage as his big damaging combos are high hitting.

It's an interesting idea, I might experiment with that as well. Stryker is slow, but he has some nice long range normals so it's kind of a give and take.

Back 2, forward 2 is a nice whiff punisher for things like Kitana's forward 2,1 and such it has pretty good range, making someone whiff into 30+ is really rewarding with him.

I love that Stryker avatar, very classy :D. I'm glad you're enjoying him, this is why I'm happy the new mains event took off, we're all trying new characters and really exploring the game a lot more, which is awesome.

Yeah it's a bit tricky sometimes getting big damage as his big damaging combos are high hitting.

It's an interesting idea, I might experiment with that as well. Stryker is slow, but he has some nice long range normals so it's kind of a give and take.

Back 2, forward 2 is a nice whiff punisher for things like Kitana's forward 2,1 and such it has pretty good range, making someone whiff into 30+ is really rewarding with him.
I really enjoyed the tournament :D.

Also, the Stryker Vs Freddy MU is crazy!!!!!!:confused:

Espio

Kokomo
I really enjoyed the tournament :D.

Also, the Stryker Vs Freddy MU is crazy!!!!!!:confused:
Yay!

I wish I could offer advice, but I don't know how to fight Freddy right lol. He seems really annoying for everyone I play including Jade, Sheeva, Kitana etc. maybe I just suck and don't know how to fight him though lol.

One tip that will help you is that Stryker's offense gets major buffs against Freddy's big hitbox.

1,2 + Back 1,2,2 + Back 2, forward 2 +1,1 hit crouch on his gigantic hitbox, which makes Stryker's rushdown much better :).

Yay!

I wish I could offer advice, but I don't know how to fight Freddy right lol. He seems really annoying for everyone I play including Jade, Sheeva, Kitana etc. maybe I just suck and don't know how to fight him though lol.

One tip that will help you is that Stryker's offense gets major buffs against Freddy's big hitbox.

1,2 + Back 1,2,2 + Back 2, forward 2 hit crouch on his gigantic hitbox, which makes Stryker's rushdown much better :).
DAAAAAAMMMMMNNN Didn't realize that bro!

Zoning against Freddy is a negative. He blows Sryker's zoning up with ease. I just hate how cheap he is lol.

Espio

Kokomo
DAAAAAAMMMMMNNN Didn't realize that bro!

Zoning against Freddy is a negative. He blows Sryker's zoning up with ease. I just hate how cheap he is lol.

No problem :).If you have Freddy as DLC, you can try out these strings and such on him(or you can try them on Raiden). They're all either neutral on block or slightly negative (-2) with pushback on block, very safge, viable options for sure.

Yeah, ground spikes are dumb and way too quick. If not for them, Stryker could keep up like he can against Sindel if you zone right.

Against Freddy you basically have to commit to a rushdown game to hang with him.

Stryker v.s Freddy is so awkward lol.

Espio

Kokomo
i've been playing mostly stryker nowadays but i have trouble with kabals when it comes to getting in. other then using BK are there any other ways?
Kabal is definitely Stryker's worst match up, it's difficult to play footsies, zone, start offense etc. When you say BK, you mean back 3 or do you mean block? I'm a bit confused.

I usually dash down 3 and dash block in and out to bait stuff like ground saw and things of that nature.

Espio

Kokomo
yes Back 3. sorry for the confusion. it's stryker's only normal that can stagger and i wish he had more options lol
Standing 2 is a good idea to help as well and me too lol, but unfortunately that didn't work out for us, we have to work with the tools we were given. His mids aren't too stellar, but those are the two I use that are most effective and they're only slightly negative on block -2 for standing 2 and -3 for back 3.

He has other mids like 4 and 3, but they're more negative on block.