What's new

Question ask stryker thread

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
I am hearing from pig of the hut in a stream that stryker is getting some significant buffs, he said something about stryker mixups being like kabal. faster gun cancel, and a low pop up. I asked him to post this information over here for us, and he said he would.
Im sorry but kabal-like mixup comment was hilarious (not sure why). But on a serious note, I would love so see B3 being faster. These were the only two things I was really hoping for stryker (1) More armor on Roll toss and (2) fast low poke (fingers crossed...knocking on wood hard..etc) really hoping for that one to come true. And if what pig is saying is true, im afraid we going to have a totally new char in our hand (sounds like a troll bait if you ask me tho lol).

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
What do you guys do after you hit the opponent midair with a fjp?

Yesterday I tried this, but doesn't do much damage :/ maybe you have better combos

air to air fjp, 1xxgunshot; dash 4 = 15%

Also, what do you do when you hit the opponent with b3?

I usually do this:

b3,2; 1xxRoll Toss = 25%

or this:

b3,2; 1xxGunshot; dash 4 = 28% (In this combo I love to cancel 4 into Baton Sweep...It works pretty often)
Yeah for Air to air jump punch I used to do

FJP...Dash 4 xx roll toss (you kinda have to be committed to it tho). you can sub the roll toss with baton sweep or if you want to be fancy EN gunshot :)
the timing on it was always a pain because the roll toss after the dash 4 whiffs at times.

I mostly go for a standing 3 now after winning an air to air punch. I have a bad habbit of going for the cross punch after the standing 3. New thing I have been doing lately is D4 x baton sweep (not sure why but it often works like a char again opponents that are not patient). The D4xxbaton sweep is perfect up close for parry opponents. It will beat CSZ, Liu Kang, Kratos, and Smoke. So feel free to abuse it up close again these characters :) but im sure ya already knew that

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
ok guys i figured out what my problem was with dropping the 2xxgunshot link in a combo. Turns out I was buffering the forward dash even before the gunshot came out...pretty smashing on forward after doing the gunshot input. Not sure why the gunshot wouldnt come out when doing so. Anyway IM BACK BABAY!!! I no longer have to worry or dropping an important combo in my matches now :)

Whats strykers highest midscreen no meter combo?

i know his bnbs should end with 3 to leave the opponent standing and dont wanna hear about resets :p

i just want to know his highest midscreen no meter.

so far i got

Jip b2f2 dash 12~gunshot dash 12~roll toss - 40%

Jip b122 NP dash 12~gunshot dash 11~roll toss - 38%

i found using meter in his combos isn't efficient, but if there is a combo that is meter efficient, share :)

His BnBs don't have to end with 3, that's just personal preference and matchup specific tbh. Some characters you want to keep far away from you so you end with roll toss or uppercut, other characters you want to keep close so you end with a reset or baton sweep.

40% is the maximum Stryker can get without spending meter I'm pretty sure.

Your second combo is no good. This one is much easier and does more damage: B1,2,2, NJP, dash xx 2 xx gun shot, dash xx 1,2 xx roll toss (40% with the jump in punch I think)

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
yo V the one you posted is 39% with jump punch

- FJP B3,2 dash 1 EN Gunshot ..dash 1 roll toss (36% and 39% with EN roll toss finisher ..ahem waste of meter for the EN eoll toss lol)

- FJP B2F2 dash 1,2 gunshot..1 roll toss (37% and EN roll toss finisher for 39%)

- FJP B2F2..dash 1,2 xx gunshot..dash 1,2 roll toss (40% is the only one i know as his highest combo without spending meter..timing is a PITA)

- FJP B1,2,2 slight dash 1,2 gunshot..dash 1,2 roll toss (39% - 41% with EN roll toss) actually full dash after beat down and input 1,2 right after. The opponent should be at stryker's chest level.

- FJP B1,2,2...NJP..dash 2 xx Gunshot..dash 1,2 EN roll toss (41%)

- FJP B1,2,2...NJP dash 3 xx EN Gunshot ..dash 1,2 Roll toss (43% and 45% with EN Roll toss.. I think the EN roll toss is a waste of meter for 2 extra %)

so to answer you meter efficient combo

- FJP B1,2,2...NJP dash 3 xx EN Gunshot ..dash 1,2 Roll toss (43%)

Whats up guys. Working on some stryker stuff finally. First time I've touched the character. I'm looking for his safest strings on block before i play against anyone with him. How is b1 2 2, b2 1, or just 1 2?

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
Oh my, you know what's sad, I don't think he has any lol. Never hit me before until I tried to answer your question. I was got to say B2F2, but that in itself carry the risk that it will whiff on crouching opponents. B122 is definitely not safe (should be after the coming patch tho). Im embarrass to say this but I'm gonna have to get back to you on that :)

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
Not a problem, lol. I've been using 12 to string on block so far. Something like 1, 12, D4 dash 1, D3, 12, D4
My problem with 12 is that it whiffs completely on crouch opponents. Ppl who abuse low pokes will interrupt you all day :-(

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Now i understand you obsession with D1 Vulcan... Is a "counter-retaliation" move :D. Playing lately, i see, how it stuffs any attempts of punishmenst like <3 2, blocked.

Yeah. Offensively, I use D1 a lot because it can be used as a frame trap but also a mixup with throw/jump over. And it hits high so it builds meter even if they block standing unlike D3 and D4.

I use D3 defensively. I don't try to hit them with D3, I just use it to evade attacks. D1 is 1 frame faster but it doesn't lower your hittable box so it leaves you vulnerable to quick high and special mid attacks. But with D3 you can evade a lot of stuff (it's especially good when you're at -3 like when they block a roll toss).

And of course I use D4 for both situations. For offense and defense. I like to cancel it into gun hold or roll toss. It often catches them by surprise. :)

Strykerr info

Pig Of The Hut said:
Faster grenades

Low starter string now safe on block and faster

Gun cancel f aster

So now up close u can do the lLow string which is now safe into gun cancel like KABAL does w his dash cancel

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
If these buffs are true, I will never touch another character ever again lol. A safe and fast low poke, combine with standing 4 up close..oh my lol. The cherry on top would be standing 3 having a little more stagger. During the nrs in house tourney, I saw faster recovery on the grenade. The speed was the same imo

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

RamenO

It Stinks!
I really doubt Stryker will be as effective as Kabal upclose, but hey, these are nice buffs!
These are great buffs, but yeah, nothing like Kabal. Gunshot isn't a Nomad Dash, and Stryker will still have the crouch dilemma where anyone can just hold down block and poke him out of Gunshot cancel shenanigans anyway. Still, anything is welcome at this point.

Is the armor buffs to Baton Sweep and Roll Toss assumed or worst case it's really just staying the same? :\

I really hope EN Roll Toss is getting proper armor. It's not listed in Pig's post but it's like the most important buff. :/

how can a gun cancel be faster? I mean, the moment you cancel, you already can do anything without delay. I don´t get this.
Maybe the startup of gun shot was reduced? I doubt they would do that.. A faster gunshot would probably be OP.

I also don't understand that buff. You can already cancel gun shot pretty fast and I just don't see how you could "cancel faster". We'll just have to wait and see.

Kind of a bummer that they didn't buff B2,F2. That's my favorite string. I was kinda hoping they would make B2 quicker and reduce the gap between so they can't uppercut on block.

RamenO

It Stinks!
How do you guys deal with a competent Sub-Zero? His 2, 2 can just bully you all day. His 2, 2 will eat your wake up alive regardless of EN or not, and he can just sit in your face all day with his safe strings; even then he can just ice clone after a string and doing gunshot after clone is risky as he can slide you. Even if he's not in your face, you can barely use Gunshot/Gunshot cancels unless you get zoning advantage, which means only once every so often. Grenades are not even worth mentioning as any good Sub will punish them on reaction with Slide.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
How do you guys deal with a competent Sub-Zero? His 2, 2 can just bully you all day. His 2, 2 will eat your wake up alive regardless of EN or not, and he can just sit in your face all day with his safe strings; even then he can just ice clone after a string and doing gunshot after clone is risky as he can slide you. Even if he's not in your face, you can barely use Gunshot/Gunshot cancels unless you get zoning advantage, which means only once every so often. Grenades are not even worth mentioning as any good Sub will punish them on reaction with Slide.
Keep your distance.
When timed out right, the gunshot beats Ice Ball, or you can duck under it with the Roll.
Can't affect you with the clone.
If he slides, you can block and Sweep/Roll/2 3 2, whichever you prefer.
If he EX slides, jump over it, throw a grenade (not the gun shot, he wont get up fast enough), and regain zone advantage.
Basically, if you can keep him away, you can control the fight.

Is it possible to land B3 2, 1 2, 1 2, 1 2, standing 3, in the corner, to leave them standing for more pressure? It seems like you should be able to, but i can't seem to do it. I can only land it after two loops of 1 2. What do you all use as a corner combo?

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
Is it possible to land B3 2, 1 2, 1 2, 1 2, standing 3, in the corner, to leave them standing for more pressure? It seems like you should be able to, but i can't seem to do it. I can only land it after two loops of 1 2. What do you all use as a corner combo?
based on the combo you posted, it doesnt sound like you want to use meter but still want to do damage. you can do

1. B3,2..12..12... standing 3 (31% the timing seems a bit strict on that one) so my as well just do the gunshot followed by standing 3 for the same damage output

2. B3,2...12 xx gunshot...standing 3 (31%)

3. B3,2 ..12 gunshot ...12 EN gunshot ..standing 3 (41%)