What's new

Question ask stryker thread

Rampage254

Ayy Lmao
My friend is having a hell of a time dealing with Mileena when she rushes in with low pokes, his major problem being that he can never seem to cross her up out of them effectively. We played around with it, and because Mileena's hitbox is so small, it IS really hard for her to be crossed up. What is Stryker's best option in this situation?

Any advice from you Stryker pros would be appreciated :)
:) Thank you for trying to get me help.

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
How the hell do you guys deal with Reptile. This char makes me hate the game so much :mad: Elbow dash is the worse move in the entire game period :mad:

Quantus

Rain for MK12 Kombat Pack 3
How the hell do you guys deal with Reptile. This char makes me hate the game so much :mad: Elbow dash is the worse move in the entire game period :mad:
I use Rain. Heh.

Usually just try to keep him full screen, and check his Elbow dashes with Guns. Once he's in though... ugh.

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
I use Rain. Heh.

Usually just try to keep him full screen, and check his Elbow dashes with Guns. Once he's in though... ugh.
Here is my delemma
1. The infamous Elbow dash - I dont know for sure but from my observation I dont think it has a enough of a cool down recovery on whiff. You can cancel the dash into block (it seems that way but not 100%) and jump, annnnd you can cancel the dash into another dash on block. I hate this move so much because there is nothing that I know so far that stuffs it i.e. Standing 3/4, roll toss/baton sweep, D4. Everything I have just get stuffed by it. Maybe B2 if e runs into it but even that if it was possible would not be effective due the massive disadvantage.

2. Slide - This move is also used to close the gap on me. I still need to figure out how to properly punish it. Reptile seems to be out of range of my pokes and combo starter strings. Quite frankly im afraid to throw standing 2 since ppl tend to go to D4 xx acid hand or full mode elbow dash after it.

This is one matchup i really really hate. I can try to jump back to get away but somehow elbow dash beats even jump kicks. yes I can shut down is force ball shenanigans from full screen but that's about it. We all know that zoning will not get me the round let alone the match :(

Obviously I'm lacking ways to deal with him and because of that this match is 9-1 in reptile favor (at least for me). I'm gonna go to a corner and cry now (T_T)

EDIT: How does reptile fair against Ermac?

Offline, I try to punish reptile's elbow dash with 1,1 xx roll toss/gun shot/grenade (although with its new pushback it's very hard)

Online, the best I can get is a dumb D1 or throw attempt. But all reptile needs to do is jump or even dash again and he can beat it trololol. Seriously, Reptile gets away with murder online.

Here's a thought: On wake up, if Reptile throws a force ball anywhere near mid-range, you don't need to waste a bar of meter. A regular wake up roll will blow right through it. So meter should mainly be used for breakers and to go through far force balls.

It's possible to keep Reptile out and even outzone him, but he can close the distance pretty quickly so it's just a matter of time until you have to deal with his BS lag strats.

I also find his slide awkward to punish for some reason. :mad:

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
So I'm pretty much screwed when it comes to this matchup :-(
Thanks for the inputs guys... I'm gonna go back to my corner and continue crying now :'(

Well to be fair I also lack experience in the matchup. Maybe there's a way to effectively punish his slide on block or stuff his elbow dash. I just haven't found it yet.

For a blocked elbow dash, best option online remains to mash dat throw button.

For that, i´m here guys =D... you remeber my recent obsession with Neutral jump punch??
I´ts amazing against Raiden... Reptile... e some teleports... but i must stop this against kabal.. Mileena..
Well, about the elbow dash... NJP, is a GREAT tool, especially at the start of the match. Reptile players almost spam dash...

iLasser

Noob
Yoooooooo, long time creeper well actually like a week but i have decided to make this account because i think i have finally found my main which is stryker of course. :) so yeah guess you all will start seein my comments here and there so yeah thanks for all the tech i have collected from this fourm btw it really helps !

iLasser

Noob
yeah man i serched stiker like for setting up for a torch to cut metal (for the pun and because im a welder) but i couldn't find it so i was like okay than i came across this and i was thinking BOO YAH haha and thanks :D !

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
yeah man i serched stiker like for setting up for a torch to cut metal (for the pun and because im a welder) but i couldn't find it so i was like okay than i came across this and i was thinking BOO YAH haha and thanks :D !
welcome aboard mate :) there is always room for one more cop, in you case a cyber one hehe. Can't wait to read your inputs and finds. Enjoy the ride \o/

iLasser

Noob
I actually have my first question, after i scored a knockdown i used EX baton sweep knowing that i have one hit of armor but my oppenent actually knocked me out of it from a wake up , so when exactly is the armor activated ?

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
One thing for sure it's doesn't last long. Based on my experience, I would say the first startup frames. I use it sometimes to beat cross up jumps and it usually absorb the hit. Also you have to remember the window for invinsible wake up attacks has been increased. Unless you end your combo with uppercut or baton sweep most wake up attacks will beat EN baton sweep since the armor doesn't last the whole animation like roll toss.

iLasser

Noob
hey guys, sorry for the short ride but im moving over to the kano threads i have been playing with him and hes just crazy underused :( farewell fellow police officers !

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
hey guys, sorry for the short ride but im moving over to the kano threads i have been playing with him and hes just crazy underused :( farewell fellow police officers !
well the police academy is always open. As long as you are having fun with the game that's all that matters :)

iLasser

Noob
haha i just felt like i had to tell you all or you would of been like .... well looks like he was here for an hour... hahah so yeah !

RamenO

It Stinks!
So, I'm going to get back into MK(though I just bought Soul Calibur 5). After a bit of a hiatus, due to being crazy busy, I'm going to try my hand at the fighting game scene in general again(it's a great stress reliever lol). Anybody down for some Stryker mirrors? Always a great way to better understand your character by going against him, as I plan on brushing off my Jade as well.

Also went against a solid Stryker last night while getting back into the groove named don'tDRUNKImSHOOT. Anyone ever go against him on PSN?

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
So, I'm going to get back into MK(though I just bought Soul Calibur 5). After a bit of a hiatus, due to being crazy busy, I'm going to try my hand at the fighting game scene in general again(it's a great stress reliever lol). Anybody down for some Stryker mirrors? Always a great way to better understand your character by going against him, as I plan on brushing off my Jade as well.

Also went against a solid Stryker last night while getting back into the groove named don'tDRUNKImSHOOT. Anyone ever go against him on PSN?
WOW look at what the cats dragged in :D glad to see you back man. add me REKYRTS_ I made this account specifically to play MK and add only MK friends...that way ppl wont ask me if I want to play Fifa 12 when im in the middle of a tight combo :p

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
I have a question:

Has Roll Toss always been an untechable knockdown?

Seriously, I just recently realized that. :oops:
What the hell, it is?:confused: I'm always on the other side of the screen, so I never really pay attention :D Even if it is, Im not sure what to do with it. Aren't both players at neutral after a roll toss?