What's new

Question ask stryker thread

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
I actually one more question, while I'm "asking Stryker." Could anyone write me a tiny "cheat sheet" for him that they may use in their head?

When I first started Ermac, I made a tiny document and printed it out to look at between games. It really helped me stay focused in my learning. I'll post it below from the original doc... would anyone be able to help, or offer something equivalent for Stryker? I've been doing OK with him but don't really have this kind of basic "hierarchy" established in my head yet.

ERMAC CHEAT SHEET
FAR
- TKP
- Fireball
- Buttslam feint

MIDRANGE/OPPONENT CLOSING
- F+4, 2
- F+4~throw (F+4 +13 on hit)
- F+2 (+4 on block)

CLOSE/PRESSURE
- 1,2,1 (neutral on block)
- 3,1,2 (safe; JIP on hit; 3,1 neutral on block; 3,1 jails standing after JIP)
- D+4 (neutral on block)
- B+1~throw (B+1 is -2 on block)

AA
- Uppercut (free TKS after)

Espio

Kokomo
I actually one more question, while I'm "asking Stryker." Could anyone write me a tiny "cheat sheet" for him that they may use in their head?

When I first started Ermac, I made a tiny document and printed it out to look at between games. It really helped me stay focused in my learning. I'll post it below from the original doc... would anyone be able to help, or offer something equivalent for Stryker? I've been doing OK with him but don't really have this kind of basic "hierarchy" established in my head yet.

ERMAC CHEAT SHEET
FAR
- TKP
- Fireball
- Buttslam feint

MIDRANGE/OPPONENT CLOSING
- F+4, 2
- F+4~throw (F+4 +13 on hit)
- F+2 (+4 on block)

CLOSE/PRESSURE
- 1,2,1 (neutral on block)
- 3,1,2 (safe; JIP on hit; 3,1 neutral on block; 3,1 jails standing after JIP)
- D+4 (neutral on block)
- B+1~throw (B+1 is -2 on block)

AA
- Uppercut (free TKS after)
No,I've never made anything like this, Stryker's frame data isn't available either that contains attacks that are plus and minus on block, so delivering reliable data would be a problem. 1,2 seems good though as does back 1,2,2,(both have pushback, but aside from that I don't know anything else without frame data, they could be plus, minus or neutral, it's unknown).

I anti-air with down 1 into 1,2, gun shot, 4 for like 22-23% damage, forget the numbers, though I'm sure standing 1 for Stryker would work. Stryker has one of the fastest uppercuts in the game as well, so there's that, it's similar to Quan Chi's.

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
No,I've never made anything like this, Stryker's frame data isn't available either that contains attacks that are plus and minus on block, so delivering reliable data would be a problem. 1,2 seems good though as does back 1,2,2,(both have pushback, but aside from that I don't know anything else without frame data, they could be plus, minus or neutral, it's unknown).

I anti-air with down 1 into 1,2, gun shot, 4 for like 22-23% damage, forget the numbers, though I'm sure standing 1 for Stryker would work. Stryker has one of the fastest uppercuts in the game as well, so there's that, it's similar to Quan Chi's.
Yeah, it's a shame that there isn't any frame data for Stryker yet. And I do use uppercut for anti-air right now considering how lightning fast it is. 7 frames, according to what is posted at the top of this forum.

Espio

Kokomo
LETHAL LEGEND or PoliceBrutality

What's the best combo punish you guys have for Reptile's elbow dash? The best I've got is 1,1 roll toss for 15%, it's like 10 frames for standing 1 from what I've read. All of his other big combos are too slow to full combo punish elbow dash from what I understand Reptile is -15 after blocked elbow dash and back 1,2,2 is 16 frames according to the current frame data and back 2 is also 16 frames. Obviously back 3 is out of the question at over 20 frames. Thoughts guys? I'm trying to make sure all my bases are covered for this tournament Reptile's one of my biggest problems, worse than Cage to me, thanks in advance.

LEGEND

YES!
LETHAL LEGEND or PoliceBrutality

What's the best combo punish you guys have for Reptile's elbow dash? The best I've got is 1,1 roll toss for 15%. All of his other big combos are to slow to full combo punish elbow dash from what I understand Reptile is -15 after blocked elbow dash and back 1,2,2 is 16 frames according to the current frame data and back 2 is also 16 frames. Obviously back 2 is out of the question at over 20 frames. Thoughts guys? I'm trying to make sure all my bases are covered for this tournament Reptile's one of my biggest problems, worse than Cage to me, thanks in advance.
11-gunshot is nice cause of the +frames on hit allows you to build more crucial meter with some chip as bonus, without the meter advantage you aren't going to win this MU

as for some MU tips: Don't throw grenades unless reptile is at max range or he starts up a forceball. Don't use G/Cs inside of Elbow Dash range unless you are doing block strings. The usual midscreen B3 otg setups don't work because the dash and strings like B32, 23, and B2 are interruptible with dash as well so be smart with them. Repeated Gunshot checks can keep Reptile honest and a little less dash happy. Uppercut every time reptile tries any invisy-cancels. Make him come to you

thats all at the moment

Espio

Kokomo
11-gunshot is nice cause of the +frames on hit allows you to build more crucial meter with some chip as bonus, without the meter advantage you aren't going to win this MU

as for some MU tips: Don't throw grenades unless reptile is at max range or he starts up a forceball. Don't use G/Cs inside of Elbow Dash range unless you are doing block strings. The usual midscreen B3 otg setups don't work because the dash and strings like B32, 23, and B2 are interruptible with dash as well so be smart with them. Repeated Gunshot checks can keep Reptile honest and a little less dash happy. Uppercut every time reptile tries any invisy-cancels. Make him come to you

thats all at the moment
I actually never thought of doing that to him, are you aware of how many + frames this is on hit? I might try using that instead, so that will give me options to pressure or get him out of my face.

I actually found greater success with the playstyle you're talking about, of making him come to me as opposed to feeling the need to rushdown Reptile, the buffs on his grenades helped a lot and Stryker has enough time to shoot him out of most of his forceball start ups too as I was testing this when I played Emmure's Reptile some weeks ago.

Thank you:).

LEGEND

YES!
i don't know, its probably around +20 on hit, nobody has jumped out or armored after it when i try to follow up with 2-G/C and 2 is 18 frames. i Also know 2 G/C is + on block but i don't know how much

Espio

Kokomo
i don't know, its probably around +20 on hit, nobody has jumped out or armored after it when i try to follow up with 2-G/C and 2 is 18 frames. i Also know 2 G/C is + on block but i don't know how much
Are you sure? I remember playing PoliceBrutality on PSN a while ago, the more I think about it and he landed 1,1, gun shot on me and I had enough time to uppercut him out of it before he could do standing 2.

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
What are the strings that stryker might be at advantage on block? one of the clear ones are
- B2F2
- B3,2 (possible) I was playing again CRKFIEND yest and I noticed that I couldnt cross jump him because he sometimes folow it up with Standing 4. I'm going to play close attention to it next time but I can remember if I was able to poke with D1 after it.

Do you guys know any other ones that might be + on block?

Espio

Kokomo
What are the strings that stryker might be at advantage on block? one of the clear ones are
- B2F2
- B3,2 (possible) I was playing again CRKFIEND yest and I noticed that I couldnt cross jump him because he sometimes folow it up with Standing 4. I'm going to play close attention to it next time but I can remember if I was able to poke with D1 after it.

Do you guys know any other ones that might be + on block?
The only one that I feel confident in saying is probably advantage on block is 1,2.

No idea on back 2 and forward 2, doesn't seem like you can carry on further offense and pressure that good after it but I have no idea.

b3 2 seems like it could possibly be neutral on block, that's what I saw it as personally.

Maybe back 2, 1 is advantage on block, but again I rarely use the string and nobody readily jumps out + the pushback and most of Stryker's normals aside from standing 4 and standing 1 being like 16 frames or more aside from his pokes makes it hard to understand if it's advantage or not.

CRKFIEND

Noob
I've been poked out of it on occasion, but It's pretty safe... you can EX the hell out of me though... I don't know why I'm telling you this :)

Also a close gunshot leads to a free standing 4. and a midrange-ish gunshot if not blocked leads to a free dash-in standing 4... they can block it - but still...

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
I've been poked out of it on occasion, but It's pretty safe... you can EX the hell out of me though... I don't know why I'm telling you this :)

Also a close gunshot leads to a free standing 4. and a midrange-ish gunshot if not blocked leads to a free dash-in standing 4... they can block it - but still...
trust me, I know all my options and trying to figure out and effective way to properly counter. So I guess that's one of stryker's guessing games up close when he has meter. Since you are at advantage, you can decide to EN roll toss or baton sweep (still debatable because of the random armor) to beat the poke attempt.

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
Eagerly awaiting actual complete frame data.
you are right by the way, I think B2F2 is neutral on block. Well it looks that way. We might be the last one to get a frame data. Common theme on this site is either we dont get mentioned at all or we are dead last.

Espio

Kokomo
you are right by the way, I think B2F2 is neutral on block. Well it looks that way. We might be the last one to get a frame data. Common theme on this site is either we dont get mentioned at all or we are dead last.
It's because the Stryker community doesn't complain much, this is a very calm and fairly quiet community, this is me coming from the Jade forums(which I love them but yeah lol) and some others I've frequented.

LEGEND

YES!
As far as i've tested none of his strings have + frames on block unless coupled with G/C

alot of them do have a random advantage blockstun similar to Cage's F3 though

Espio

Kokomo
As far as i've tested none of his strings have + frames on block unless coupled with G/C

When we did testing for the random advantage bug, Stryker's 1,14( the second hit) was found to have random advantage too.

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!

that's the thing tho, I just cant see how we get advantage from G/C. Pulling the Gun, then Cancel it should be at negative frame all the time when you think about it. I just feel like we can get poke out of any of the G/C up close.

The only string I know that actually combo after a G/C is B2 xx EN G/C xx 11 xx roll toss (or gunshot). That's the only thing I know that actually gives maximum advantage after a cancel.

Can you give me some specific string to focus on so I can experiment the G/C advantage with?

LEGEND

YES!
that's the thing tho, I just cant see how we get advantage from G/C. Pulling the Gun, then Cancel it should be at negative frame all the time when you think about it. I just feel like we can get poke out of any of the G/C up close.

The only string I know that actually combo after a G/C is B2 xx EN G/C xx 11 xx roll toss (or gunshot). That's the only thing I know that actually gives maximum advantage after a cancel.

Can you give me some specific string to focus on so I can experiment the G/C advantage with?
2G/C is + for sure

GrandMasterson

The Netherrealm beckons
I'm almost positive 1, 2, gun cancel, 4 is a frametrap. If it isn't, then there's a 1 to 2 frame window to armor out of it. The trick is to press 4 the instant you dash forward from the gun cancel. But I'm 1o0% positive 1, 2, gun cancel is +frames for sure.

Also, D4 on hit into gun cancel is +frames (don't know if this was discussed at all, sorry if it was), enough to give Stryker free pressure with pretty much anything he wants.

End your bnb combos with 3 en GC
I'm pretty sure most everything ending with en GC is hefty advantage
1 2 and b2 2 came up as zero on the jump test. B3 2 was like -2 or something. B2 1 is punishable
12 GC looks like + but the execution to make it count... Tried 12 GC X-ray?

PoliceBrutality

Let's go green!!!!
Ok this is going to be embarrassing to say. On my way to work this morning I was messing around with Stryker and noticed that 1 xx grenade is a combo :oops:. Not sure why I havent noticed it before, but anyway what sparked my interest was the distance the opponent was at after the stun effect. In addition, Stryker is at advantage but not by much. This might give him a chance to a somewhat 50/50 mixup. What questions to all the cops out there is what would you follow up with?

So far I have
- Dash throw
- B3 xx throw
- B3,2 (from there you can either go for the 30% for knock then on their back again with baton sweep for another slight advantage)

I'll continue to play with it after I get off work but just wanted to share this. The main reason im considering this is because im trying to refine my stryker to a machine that slowly takes away you life bar and before you realize it 80% is gonna in the process lol. It's probably going to amount to nothing but it's still a nice to have to throw your opponent off :). Let me know what you think of this.

Oh and stryker has similar mix up like that by doing
- B1,2 xx EN Gunshot
- 1,1 xx gunshot/grenade
- B2 xx gunshot or grenade