What's new

Question Ask Smoke Thread - Have Any Question? Post It Here!

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
ya I was thinking he meant ex smoke towards/away.

Axel_Redd you basically only want to use the teleport (DB4) if your opponent is mega aggressive after they get a knockdown on you, or in the air if your opponent is always in the air throwing projectiles (do this on reaction only). Never use meter for the ex version.
or as an occasional wiff punish.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
or as an occasional wiff punish.
you always want to whiff punish with smoke bomb at a minimum if not a full string that leads into SB. Worst case scenario you get unbreakable damage off the smoke bomb and air throw (and possibly add ex bomb for 10% more if it can end the game/round).

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
you always want to whiff punish with smoke bomb at a minimum if not a full string that leads into SB. Worst case scenario you get unbreakable damage off the smoke bomb and air throw (and possibly add ex bomb for 10% more if it can end the game/round).
ah, well i don't play smoke, i play kung and reptile, so im used to the mentality of punishing with 6 frame specials. lol

Question for all Smoke veterans:

When i perform this combo: 3D12, 3D12, 3D12, 2 linked to smoke bomb, the most part of times, the smoke bomb dosn't comes out.

Now, i know that i must made pratice pratice pratice and bla bla bla, but... reading and analizing my input, and the height of hitting the opponent, i assume that this is pretty casual.

In order to link a special move (like SB) after a normal jab, the jab first must hit the opponent (bloking or not), and i do this.

I presume that the bomb connection is maded by 2 factors:

-Height of the opponent
-Speed of execution of Down Back 2, after the standing 2

But, assuming that i have a pretty near perfect execution of 2->SB, and i hit the opponent at the SAME height every time, i don't understand why, some times the bomb comes out with success, and some other times the bomb wont come.

I have analized also my input in the training room, and i DO all the command like manual, but nothing, seems to be casual.

I'm not a Smoke expert, i'm in full learning, and i hope that someone can give me a hand ;)

Question for all Smoke veterans:

When i perform this combo: 3D12, 3D12, 3D12, 2 linked to smoke bomb, the most part of times, the smoke bomb dosn't comes out.

Now, i know that i must made pratice pratice pratice and bla bla bla, but... reading and analizing my input, and the height of hitting the opponent, i assume that this is pretty casual.

In order to link a special move (like SB) after a normal jab, the jab first must hit the opponent (bloking or not), and i do this.

I presume that the bomb connection is maded by 2 factors:

-Height of the opponent
-Speed of execution of Down Back 2, after the standing 2

But, assuming that i have a pretty near perfect execution of 2->SB, and i hit the opponent at the SAME height every time, i don't understand why, some times the bomb comes out with success, and some other times the bomb wont come.

I have analized also my input in the training room, and i DO all the command like manual, but nothing, seems to be casual.

I'm not a Smoke expert, i'm in full learning, and i hope that someone can give me a hand ;)
Don't use the standing 2. Learn to use d4 linked to smoke bomb instead of the 2. It is very easy to land once you practice it.

Don't use the standing 2. Learn to use d4 linked to smoke bomb instead of the 2. It is very easy to land once you practice it.
But the same thig happend also in a corner combo... it's frustrating.

And in the corner combo i put some times also 21SB, but sometimes the 1 wont come out. Can be that the SB cancel the 1???

And in the corner combo i put some times also 21SB, but sometimes the 1 wont come out. Can be that the SB cancel the 1???
I'd have to see a video. 21~sb is a pretty simple input. I would recommend that you try changing the speed at which you input it... maybe go a little slower or a little faster. That might help things.

RiBBz22

I switch between doing 2~bomb and D4~bomb all the time in that same combo. I like the timing for the reset the best with D4 but I live in fear of the input bug so sometimes to be safe I go with 2.

To practice I would go into training mode and just practice doing 2~smoke bomb to a standing opponent by basically doing 2 while you start the DB motion for smoke bomb and hit 2 again...likewise with D4 into bomb. Once you get the flow of cancelling the string into a special it should come out every single time during your juggle. After that it is just making sure you don't connect too high or too low after the standing 2 or d4 so the bomb will not whiff.

I try to follow your suggestion guys. Time 2 days and i'll return with my results (i hope positive :p).

Thanks fot patience and read me :D

Now, with your suggestion, i get the smoke bomb more often, thanks mans.

Now, ho to praticize with antiair? Considering that i'm alone, and i don't have friend that can help me in this.

Ho to set the cpu in training mode?

Somnuse

Noob
You can set a training dummy to "jump" and work from there.

Most anti airs are standing 2 into d1 d1 smoke bomb. It's a bitch, it's one of the things I have yet to master.

RiBBz22

Most anti airs are standing 2 into d1 d1 smoke bomb. It's a bitch, it's one of the things I have yet to master.
I do standing 2's until the opponent is close enough to the ground for a d1~SB and that works great.

It's better to use standing 2 into just 1 d1 smoke bomb... plus it may be easier for you. I also prefer 2 2 d1 smoke bomb over 2 d1 d1 smoke bomb. Try either of those instead and see how it works for you if your current method is uncomfortable.

Runiix

the only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta
what is smokes best block strings for pressure?

normally i do something like: 2,1,d3/d4,2,1 into d3, d3 and then trying for a jump, smoke away/towards or full 3d21 combo.

xSMoKEx

Coward Character User
Runiix

2 is really good. Easy to AA hit confirm, hits cr. block which is nice, most adv on hit guaranteeing a D3 spacing mix up (+6 on hit), quick at 9f, 0 on block. If the opponents lazy or not is not ready to blow up the hole in 214 you can mix it up with that, which is also safe on block and provides an additional spacing trap along with a jailing SB trap.

B2 is good because it's his overhead starter ofc. Has an okay anti-air hitbox within that range, you might catch them depending on your frame advantage and their timing.

Combine these three with D3 and D4 you have yourself a nice block string game. The key is making them respect the 2 and D3, so that you can hit them with the slower, but more devastating D4 and B2. D4 and B2 alone in pressure is sort of outdated, you need more to capitalize on your chip / meter building as well as make them think on their feet.

D4 and B2 alone in pressure is sort of outdated, you need more to capitalize on your chip / meter building as well as make them think on their feet.
THANK YOU BASED xSMoKEx

I have been saying this for months now, glad to hear it from you too.

Runiix

the only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta
Runiix

2 is really good. Easy to AA hit confirm, hits cr. block which is nice, most adv on hit guaranteeing a D3 spacing mix up (+6 on hit), quick at 9f, 0 on block. If the opponents lazy or not is not ready to blow up the hole in 214 you can mix it up with that, which is also safe on block and provides an additional spacing trap along with a jailing SB trap.

B2 is good because it's his overhead starter ofc. Has an okay anti-air hitbox within that range, you might catch them depending on your frame advantage and their timing.

Combine these three with D3 and D4 you have yourself a nice block string game. The key is making them respect the 2 and D3, so that you can hit them with the slower, but more devastating D4 and B2. D4 and B2 alone in pressure is sort of outdated, you need more to capitalize on your chip / meter building as well as make them think on their feet.
Cheers dude! good info, ill practice that abit.

FrothyOmen
i actually didnt know that, sry -.-
ill move onto xSmoke's advice.