What's new

Question Ask Smoke Thread - Have Any Question? Post It Here!

Gh0sty

ばかみたいに無料
possible after 3d12. not after 32 midscreen.

You need to plink the NJP input. What that means is, if you use the default control layout, slide your finger from 1 to 2 when it's time for the NJP. So, dial in 3d12, if it hits immediately start holding up and when you finish the string press 1, and immediately slide your finger to 2. That way, you have 2 chances to hit the NJP, just gotta learn the timing of when smoke jumps. It takes practice, and it's very hard to do consistently online. I recommend you omit the NJP online.
I agree 99%. The piano roll technique will up your consistency quite a bit. If your connection is halfway decent (and you can tell fairly early in the match) its not hard to do online consistently. BTW, I'm on wifi in Canada and I hit it ALL DAY. I say go for it at least once id you feel your connection is strong enough. YOLO.

Sent from my jailbroken iPhone using a pirated copy of Tapatalk

I agree 99%. The piano roll technique will up your consistency quite a bit. If your connection is halfway decent (and you can tell fairly early in the match) its not hard to do online consistently. BTW, I'm on wifi in Canada and I hit it ALL DAY. I say go for it at least once id you feel your connection is strong enough. YOLO.

Sent from my jailbroken iPhone using a pirated copy of Tapatalk
I wish i could play more often online but we have a very VERY bad connection here... max 2500 kbits... when i want to start a combo... it doesnt work.. every input has a 1 second delay..

Runiix

the only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta
3d12
F4
B23

Are these the only strings worth remembering and using in your arsenal? Or do u need to mix it up more?

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
3d12
F4
B23

Are these the only strings worth remembering and using in your arsenal? Or do u need to mix it up more?
1 and 11 are both zero on block, and they are extremely hard to tech. B14 is zero on block as well, but the startup of B1 makes it kind of worthless unless you are finishing a juggle with it. 1 has a lot of startup frames as well, so I personally mix it into jump in pressure. Smoke's entire game is predicated on initiating his offense off pokes that offer excellent hit advantage, and capitalizing on anti-air opportunities for people forced into jumping so they can either punish smoke bomb or avoid it.

CRUM

Noob
What are Smoke's best anti-air crossups? I try to anti-air with standing 2 and I can never convert with the smoke bomb

That doesn't answer anything. What combo(s) are you trying to do? We're looking for notation. Where on the screen? What settings do you have the practice dummy set to?

shad0ki11er 27

Time will only tell the Greats
That doesn't answer anything. What combo(s) are you trying to do? We're looking for notation. Where on the screen? What settings do you have the practice dummy set to?
ok may bad but ok midscreen soon as you start practice and settings non really just default and the combos i used is :fk,:d+:fp,:bp, :fk,:d+:fp,:bp :fk,:d+:fp,:bp smoke bomb :fk,:d+:fp,:bp then i try the rest but it dont work so wat am i doing wrong

You can't do that 4th 3d12. Just do the following combo:

3d12 > 3d12 > 3d12 > 21~sb (stand still) f4~EX Smoke Bomb. You should time the f4 so your feet connect with your opponent around waist level.

ya, I find it to be easier with just 2 smoke bomb instead of 21~bomb. Just a timing thing but I get the reset way more that way.
I actually was not sure which to tell him; 2 or 21. I prefer d4~bomb (i use to use b2 but I gave d4 a second chance and prefer it now) but I figured if he's already used to the 2 up to that point, might as well stick with it. Consistency > 1-2% damage, especially with smoke when you're already getting 70%+...

shad0ki11er 27

I actually was not sure which to tell him; 2 or 21. I prefer d4~bomb (i use to use b2 but I gave d4 a second chance and prefer it now) but I figured if he's already used to the 2 up to that point, might as well stick with it. Consistency > 1-2% damage, especially with smoke when you're already getting 70%+...
yeah but ok i have it going now im playing now but i have it and i wanted to ask i saw this somewhere i forgot but what about 213 reset well it can be blocked i use that in some of my combos but would it be classified as a reset or no???

yeah but ok i have it going now im playing now but i have it and i wanted to ask i saw this somewhere i forgot but what about 213 reset well it can be blocked i use that in some of my combos but would it be classified as a reset or no???
No because it can be blocked. Only resets off of a f4~EX Smoke Bomb are true resets.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Ya, I was doing 21 forever and hit the reset a decent amount of the time, but then switched back to 2 because I hit it way more. Probably something to do with the gravity of the opponent on the way down with the way I walk into the F4 reset. Also the 21 might push forward a bit more so it could mess with the spacing. In any case, it makes sense to try 2 21 d4 and use whatever works best because you are totally right who cares about 1 % when you are losing any sort of consistency.

Faded Dreams V

Retired June 2012. Unretired June 2013.
I used D1. Simply because I used D1 to follow up air to airs, and I followed up AAs with just one D1. It's consistent, and develops good habits, but that's just me.

shad0ki11er 27

so useing just 2 does it hit more or does that deal with the person doing it ??? and also does it depend on which character you do it on??