What's new

Question Ask Smoke Thread - Have Any Question? Post It Here!

Somnuse

Noob
Yo Somnuse just got blown by this reptile the other day.Fuck his dash,ex dash,slide,etc.this character is OP,Help me!!!!
If you're playing online you're going to have a hard time punishing dash. You can shake all of his projectiles, but watch out for Reptile baiting shake with slow forceballs. I use 2 1 Smoke bomb to punish reptile dash, followed up with like 3 2, 3 d2 1, 2 1 4. You can punish slide with the same combo or start a 3 d1 2 one. I think the fight is 5-5, you just need to be quick on punishes.

Goes over stuff? I don't know what you mean. Last time I played Claude vonstroke I used it to discourage f3 abuse (with mixed results but there could be something there)
Yeah, not sure how to really say it, but you know how sub zero's slide is a "low crush" and goes under certain fireballs? Well I figured I could use f4 in the same way as a "high crush" i guess, and avoid d3's and other very low hitting moves. In addition smoke jumps slightly when doing f4 so he completely avoids jax gp with it. But the move is so goddamn slow that I just have trouble using it effectively in footsies :(

Defenestrator

I do windows
Is there any merit in 214ehsb? I've not seen folks do it on stream. I use 214 in pressure and hitconfirm into eh sb. Sometimes it works and sometimes it stands the enemy up. I'm not sure if I'm doing eh sb late when the enemy stands up or if its like one of those fake resets(not off of F4). If the eh sb consistently launches when hitconfirmed right I see no reason not to use it to get more damage if you have meter to spare.

Is there any merit in 214ehsb? I've not seen folks do it on stream. I use 214 in pressure and hitconfirm into eh sb. Sometimes it works and sometimes it stands the enemy up. I'm not sure if I'm doing eh sb late when the enemy stands up or if its like one of those fake resets(not off of F4). If the eh sb consistently launches when hitconfirmed right I see no reason not to use it to get more damage if you have meter to spare.
I wonder if 214~exsb is stance-specific like 112~sb in the corner? I always just hitconfirm 214 into teleport punch midscreen, sometimes invisibility if i'm feeling cheeky.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
I think that 214 eh sb only works if they don't block. nevermind
214~ex bomb connects. I think hit confirming to ex bomb to get a launcher is more of a situational thing. If it is early in the match I would probably just hit confirm into telepunch and play the oki game or just smoke away. If you can use it to close out a round or game then yes definitely do it.

RiBBz22

I wonder if 214~exsb is stance-specific like 112~sb in the corner? I always just hitconfirm 214 into teleport punch midscreen, sometimes invisibility if i'm feeling cheeky.
I am pretty sure it isn't stance specific.

RiBBz22

Yep but with this game who knows lol wouldn't shock me if I had missed that
Haha, ya man exactly... I would have normally just said it isn't stance specific but all the weird crap in this game had to make me take pause for a second.

imblackjames

Ive seen the leprechaun
I feel like a noob asking this (again kind of) but I just dont get the reset like I dint understand how to do it ive been doing all of the combos I see but the ex bomb either hits in front of the person OR it hits them and doesn't reset. Anyone have any advice besides just combos to do id really appreciate it

I feel like a noob asking this (again kind of) but I just dont get the reset like I dint understand how to do it ive been doing all of the combos I see but the ex bomb either hits in front of the person OR it hits them and doesn't reset. Anyone have any advice besides just combos to do id really appreciate it
It's all based on timing. Basically, you have to learn the rhythm of when exactly to do the f4~EX Bomb. Usually you want the f4 to hit them when they are falling and around smoke's waist height. Practice it a bunch and you'll start to discover it on your own, that's honestly the best way to learn it. There isn't really a magic trick to get it every time. Because, trust me, WE'VE TRIED TO FIND ONE haha

shad0ki11er 27

Time will only tell the Greats
Does smoke have one combo where the reset is 100 % guaranteed to hit every single time or are they all 50/50?

shad0ki11er 27

Time will only tell the Greats
ok thanks and i been playing around alil bit i thought there were combos to make it hit more but yeah guess not thanks for the help there

Kevlang

Noob
I'm getting extremely frustrated playing as Smoke on Xbox Live. I can nail his anti-airs and combo resets flawlessly while playing offline or in practice mode. However, when I get into online matches, it's so inconsistent... I look like a fool dropping almost every combo, but it's the freaking lag that's causing my dropped combos.

My most commonly dropped combo is after 3, D1, 2... when I dash in to follow up with 3, D1, 2, I'll drop it about 1 out of every 3 times...

Is there a trick to timing, or are there any combos that are less susceptible to lag.

I'm getting extremely frustrated playing as Smoke on Xbox Live. I can nail his anti-airs and combo resets flawlessly while playing offline or in practice mode. However, when I get into online matches, it's so inconsistent... I look like a fool dropping almost every combo, but it's the freaking lag that's causing my dropped combos.
My most commonly dropped combo is after 3, D1, 2... when I dash in to follow up with 3, D1, 2, I'll drop it about 1 out of every 3 times...
Is there a trick to timing, or are there any combos that are less susceptible to lag.
You'll get used to it eventually. It takes a lot of getting used to, but there will come a point where you can play online and offline matches without having to adjust. I can perform just as many combos online as I can offline, even the tricky ones. That took a lot of practice, but you'll reach there eventually. Take this from someone who's only good at execution in this game :(