What's new

Question - Ferra/Torr Ask Ferra Thread – Information & Q/As

MK Led

Umbasa
What's the mechanics behind that?

Only thing I can think of is that if f2 is blocked, then opponent will be in croucing blockstun, so OH Ferra will connect later. Sounds about right?
Paulo has a special bag of magic dust that he sprinkles over his favourite moves to imbue them with as many plus frames as his heart desires.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
What's the mechanics behind that?

Only thing I can think of is that if f2 is blocked, then opponent will be in croucing blockstun, so OH Ferra will connect later. Sounds about right?
More or less, yes. If the opponent blocks b.12 crouching, the same thing happens, so it does have to do with going from a crouching stance to standing.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
More or less, yes. If the opponent blocks b.12 crouching, the same thing happens, so it does have to do with going from a crouching stance to standing.
Oh, good point. That would be something worth confirming, I think. Not easy, but hey...

I assume b12~close toss against initially low blocking chap doesn't generate a hole before special, since you haven't mentioned it?

dennycascade

UPR_ghastem
I know that b12 into close toss can jail into d1 against an opponent who stand blocked the b12, but it does seem plausible that if they block b12 crouching and only block high on the ferra toss, it might give similar plus frames to f2? Can someone test? AI just stand blocks mids always. That would be huge actually, if we could condition to block the string low.

Also, what do you guys think of this sexy true blockstring?

Last edited:

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I know that b12 into close toss can jail into d1 against an opponent who stand blocked the b12, but it does seem plausible that if they block b12 crouching and only block high on the ferra toss, it might give similar plus frames to f2? Can someone test? AI just stand blocks mids always. That would be huge actually, if we could condition to block the string low.

You could technically have kept it going with 2b.4 and it woulda been safe on block as well instead of going with d.1.

Also testing it is easy enough.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Oh, good point. That would be something worth confirming, I think. Not easy, but hey...

I assume b12~close toss against initially low blocking chap doesn't generate a hole before special, since you haven't mentioned it?
It doesn't leave a hole regardless of them blocking it high or low, all that matters is if you're hitting it at peak or not. b.12xxclose toss from anything aside from point blank is true.

Last edited:

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor

Quality is a bit meh because its fresh off the baker's rack, but even at close range you can see a clear difference.
By the by, it prevents you from stand blocking until the last possible second. I tried to stand block sooner, but it can't be done.
You get jailed into the crouching position until she is just about to land, meaning off of b.12 the bonus advantage from crouching is gaurenteed.

Also Ferra Toss jails high. Throw out the highest hitting fast move you can, it'll connect just fine.

Last edited:

Wetdoba

All too easy...

Damn I didnt know interactables were broke like that. Are they only plus if you EX them?

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
You get jailed into the crouching position until she is just about to land, meaning off of b.12 the bonus advantage from crouching is gaurenteed.

Also Ferra Toss jails high. Throw out the highest hitting fast move you can, it'll connect just fine.
I was sure this is universal for all cases. Low blocking animation locks you in lowered position (same with high block and standing position) and if you aren't getting gaps, you can't change that. Your current blocking state seems to be separate quality, however.

Oh, and the reason I was asking is because Ferra hitting your opponent a bit later means not only more advantage, but also possibility of gap - provided b12 doesn't have enough blockstun to make up for that. Well, I think I've learned everything I needed, thanks.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I was sure this is universal for all cases. Low blocking animation locks you in lowered position (same with high block and standing position) and if you aren't getting gaps, you can't change that. Your current blocking state seems to be separate quality, however.

Oh, and the reason I was asking is because Ferra hitting your opponent a bit later means not only more advantage, but also possibility of gap - provided b12 doesn't have enough blockstun to make up for that. Well, I think I've learned everything I needed, thanks.
No problem.

dennycascade

UPR_ghastem
I done goofed, it looked EX on my phone. How plus are those interactables? Plus enough to get F2 to jail afterwards?
DJT has said its +16 at the very least, which means f2 should jail but I couldn't get it to (i didn't try very much though). It's possible that the pushback causes f2 to connect on a later active frame, though, so that may mean it can't jail. B1 is already a pretty tight jail since you have to run up for it.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
DJT has said its +16 at the very least, which means f2 should jail but I couldn't get it to (i didn't try very much though). It's possible that the pushback causes f2 to connect on a later active frame, though, so that may mean it can't jail. B1 is already a pretty tight jail since you have to run up for it.
Damn plus 16 is nuts. So if we are still in F2 range that means we could use the interactable to stay plus in a situation where Ferra is still running to our back and potentially F2xxclose toss, B1212 afterwards too. Dayum

dennycascade

UPR_ghastem

Quality is a bit meh because its fresh off the baker's rack, but even at close range you can see a clear difference.
By the by, it prevents you from stand blocking until the last possible second. I tried to stand block sooner, but it can't be done.

I'm probably just stupid, but does this mean b12 into ferra toss on a low blocker can jail into b1? Like the f2 toss?

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I'm probably just stupid, but does this mean b12 into ferra toss on a low blocker can jail into b1? Like the f2 toss?
Technically yes but also technically no. f.2 works because it lowers our own hitbox too meaning the animation has some extra frames before it hits the opponent.
b.12 into ferra toss at a decent enough range will jail into standing 2, but b.1 is too slow.

dennycascade

UPR_ghastem
Technically yes but also technically no. f.2 works because it lowers our own hitbox too meaning the animation has some extra frames before it hits the opponent.
b.12 into ferra toss at a decent enough range will jail into standing 2, but b.1 is too slow.
Oh alright thanks, that makes sense

omooba

fear the moobs
what do you guys do against cross ups and njps.
and jump ins without using meter
i feel like close range db2 whiffs on njps. ex will hit if you delay till the point where they're hitting you
for jump ins db2 is somewhat inconsistent especially on females.
right now what i've been using the most(till i find something better) is bf2. the hitbox is kinda weird in that it has priority over a lot of stuff including jump ins but the inputs are awkward against cross ups

Trauma_and_Pain

Filthy Casual
Standing 4 is okay too, not for like crossups but if they are jumping in from a bit of a longer distance. d2 isn't too bad, but you need to input it pretty early since it comes out pretty slow.

Hello, I am a player of character Ferra/Torr.
I have a concern for the variation Lakey (Other variations are good)
-his weakest zoning in the game
-he often start dropping combos because they are on the team and he or VIF is not always done
-antizoning run the reaction can not be used

of the positive qualities he has only d1 and all :(

character is very weak

question, it is planned to strengthen? If so, how?

Kamikaze_Highlander

PSN: Windude008
Hello, I am a player of character Ferra/Torr.
I have a concern for the variation Lakey (Other variations are good)
-his weakest zoning in the game
-he often start dropping combos because they are on the team and he or VIF is not always done
-antizoning run the reaction can not be used

of the positive qualities he has only d1 and all :(

character is very weak

question, it is planned to strengthen? If so, how?

Oh jeez, I hope I understand what you're saying.

-he has no zoning, but what he does have are tools that shit on people's zoning, EX charge has enough armour that no one (except goro) can break it. this ties to your other point about the antizoning run, you just have to get good, make the read. Don't use it at fullscreen, you have to get in close to midscreen before you use it. This is the best utilization of the charge, if you want to play Lackey you need to be able to corpse hop. Dropping combos? VIF? If you're problem is just dropping combos, then again (I don't mean to be rude or whatever) its just getting better, with practice and match up knowledge.

you missed having an armoured launcher as a positive.

This character is very strong, in the right situtation.