What's new

Question - Ferra/Torr Ask Ferra Thread – Information & Q/As

AceOfKnaves

Hallucin8
Oh jeez, I hope I understand what you're saying.

-he has no zoning, but what he does have are tools that shit on people's zoning, EX charge has enough armour that no one (except goro) can break it. this ties to your other point about the antizoning run, you just have to get good, make the read. Don't use it at fullscreen, you have to get in close to midscreen before you use it. This is the best utilization of the charge, if you want to play Lackey you need to be able to corpse hop. Dropping combos? VIF? If you're problem is just dropping combos, then again (I don't mean to be rude or whatever) its just getting better, with practice and match up knowledge.

you missed having an armoured launcher as a positive.

This character is very strong, in the right situtation.
also EX roll is almost gurantee'd to get you back in peoples faces.
armoured launcher and Super armour charge as you stated
first few frames of charge and EX charge just straight up eat projectiles before using up armor

Kamikaze_Highlander you write correctly, per meter can be overcome zoning (simultaneously taking damage), but you lose one bar !!
Other characters will be used this bar is more dangerous.

Last edited:

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3
Kamikaze_Highlander you write correctly, per meter can be overcome zoning (simultaneously taking damage), but you lose one bar !!
Other characters will be used this bar is more dangerous.
Yes you loose a bar but your back in Business and not in zoning range. On hit you're like +999999 so you have enough time to start your pressure (corpse hop, j2,njp, f2,ex-db2 breaks armor and launches). He has also great damage and his combos without roll aren't too execution heavy.

This character is actually very strong and he has 2 armored move which I consider to be 2 of The best in the entire game(ex charge and ex toryuken and ex-roll with the Beta frame data). You probably have not the hang of it Playing him the right way so it's just a practise thing(every char sucks when you just start playing them because your not used to the different gameplan).

Blewdew

I dunno about Ruthless but against Vicious? Yeah.
Hm bio said in his Matches against cool kid it's the best against both as long as you can react to the tosses with Charge but that may just be preferences it's not like lackey makes this matchup 100 times easier imo. Which variation do you like against ruthless? I actually never fought a ruthless only some lackey and vicious player so my excperience is limited in this mu.

How to play Lakey against Erron black unit with a gun or guns?
I have to spend the bar to overcome zoning, as a result I am playing without metr and he easily defeats

Blewdew

How to play Lakey against Erron black unit with a gun or guns?
I have to spend the bar to overcome zoning, as a result I am playing without metr and he easily defeats
Dude meter is meant to be spend. You have literally no need to worry if you can start your pressure and have to meter. It's also not like lackey has the worst meter building in the Game.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Hm bio said in his Matches against cool kid it's the best against both as long as you can react to the tosses with Charge but that may just be preferences it's not like lackey makes this matchup 100 times easier imo. Which variation do you like against ruthless? I actually never fought a ruthless only some lackey and vicious player so my excperience is limited in this mu.
Ruthless counters Ruthless.

Kamikaze_Highlander

PSN: Windude008
let's play you will Lakey, and I Vicious
then we'll see what Lakey strength and how you will overcome zoning and NJP
yea you're gonna have a bad time. If he can eat ferra and get in on you its gonna be tough, sure vicious has the d1 w/o ferra, bit you don't have any other lackey moves to help out.

I was in the exact same opinion as you fir a long time, and I put off learning lackey. I assure you as you get better and understand the character you will see what we're talking about

Last edited:

Generalbit

The blade of osh-tekk is stale.
Someone needs to do a thread like this for every character, unless they have been done already and have just been buried. #dokotalnext

chrisofrays

Fish can hear you thinkin just before you sneeze
whats your midscreen and corner bnb from an overhead starter with Ruthless? finally gona start playing this variation.

Kamikaze_Highlander

PSN: Windude008
whats your midscreen and corner bnb from an overhead starter with Ruthless? finally gona start playing this variation.
Theses are my online combos so they're not optimal. Nor can I remember the damage off the top of my head.

Midscreen: B232+4, run, f4(this link here is tight, but doable, also it has the best corner carry, switch with f3, f2 if closer corner is behind you, if you do this you can switch the next for 4xxdbf1 for more damage, you just can't get close enough after f4, in my expericen), run, b121xxdbf1 (then I always PnG)

Corner: B232+4, f4(i fucking love this normal, so beefy) njp, (some d3, d1's could probably go here) b121xxdbf1.

I have a thread posted with the Ruthless guide I made, check it out. I'd be happy to run some training sets with you too (on PS4), could use the opportunity to work on other characters vs. Ferra/Torr.

Blewdew

Midscreen:
B23 2+4,f3,f2,f3,4,dbf1(or png, you can leave out the second f3 if the link feels too tight)

Corner:
B23 2+4,f3,f2,f2,d3,dbf1

They both do good damage and are Really consistent.

I noticed a weird glitch where I input something like 11bf2 and 111 comes out. It only happened during a set of REALLY laggy matches, but still seemed odd. Anyone else have this happen?

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I noticed a weird glitch where I input something like 11bf2 and 111 comes out. It only happened during a set of REALLY laggy matches, but still seemed odd. Anyone else have this happen?
Turn off release check.

Otherwise, no. Not unless you're playing the new beta in which its happened once to me because the game did a rollback and re-read a punch input, but it was one time and under very severe and sudden lag.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Turn off release check.

Otherwise, no. Not unless you're playing the new beta in which its happened once to me because the game did a rollback and re-read a punch input, but it was one time and under very severe and sudden lag.
That's not how Negative Edge works anyway. You don't get normals to come out by NE, only Specials

Chrishaspads

Name isn't Chris, Doesn't have pads
What is his best variation now. And what threads will guide me to learn how this character works that isnt outdated