What's new

Tech Ares Tech

4x4lo8o

Noob
Reading comprehension...
Look at the rest of the sentence. I clearly said that everything that's not d1 and 22 is backdashable following d1 on hit.

This is too heated for me. I'll stick to discussing Ares with Ares mains who don't get sarcastic and defense when you discuss why certain option do and don't work

Crathen

Death is my business
you punish backdashes with a forward dash into normals.

forward dashes recover quicker then back ones.
Injustice 101 , too bad he actually can't reach certain backdashes ( even average ones ) even making a read on a d1 on hit , seriously go try it in training mode , Ares d1 on hit forward dash 22 / 112 / d1 while wonderwoman backdashes after d1 on hit , she always going to block , only answer to backdashes is b(1)3 wich does poor damage and doesn't lead to mixups unless you YOLO b1d4/MB DE / MB GS.

Ya'll talking to Ares mains about our character without knowing how he works.

redeyes

Button Masher
Injustice 101 , too bad he actually can't reach certain backdashes ( even average ones ) even making a read on a d1 on hit , seriously go try it in training mode , Ares d1 on hit forward dash 22 / 112 / d1 while wonderwoman backdashes after d1 on hit , she always going to block , only answer to backdashes is b(1)3 wich does poor damage and doesn't lead to mixups unless you YOLO b1d4/MB DE / MB GS.

Ya'll talking to Ares mains about our character without knowing how he works.

im talking in frame data.

if shes back dashing after u hit a d1 shes yolo as fuck cause she should eat a d1 since the d1 would come out before she should be allowed to press buttons.

Crathen

Death is my business
Reading comprehension...
Look at the rest of the sentence. Everything that's not d1 and 22 is backdashable following d1 on hit.

This is too heated for me

Actually 22 is backdashable , 112 is not but anyway if you're doing frame perfect 112 after d1 on hit you're just mashing and not hitconfirming d1 on hit

Crathen

Death is my business

if shes back dashing after u hit a d1 shes yolo as fuck cause she should eat a d1 since the d1 would come out before she should be allowed to press buttons.
So to prevent backdashes i gotta d1 for 2% and the same guessing game , they block once and Ares is stuck in their pressure with his shitty backdash , how about some decent risk reward?

Breakin Wordzz

Best Rengar NA, also ares of world

OH NO SHE EAT A D1 WOW NOT 2% ANYTHING BUT 2% DO 100 more and im dead. what?

Breakin Wordzz

So to prevent backdashes i gotta d1 for 2% and the same guessing game , they block once and Ares is stuck in their pressure with his shitty backdash , how about some decent risk reward?
like i said if anyone really hates this imagine it as a push block that does 2% or 14% on hit.

redeyes

Button Masher

if you read a baack dash commit to d1 d4 and it will combo and catch them.

Breakin Wordzz

cause you made the READ that they are going to back dash or press buttons.

if your wrong guess what you made the wrong read.

it fucking happens its fighting games.
oh so you dont KNOW this you just make the read. wait just one minute xD you just said ONLY DO IT WHEN YOU KNOW IT WILL HIT. you are confusing me here.

22 is not back dashable, that's what I said

We're not set in stone about cookie cutter playstyles, we're annoyed that you're on our forum insisting that tactics that we've tried and know don't work well are better than what we're using
I agree with this, seriously try playing Ares, it's not as easy as it seems.

redeyes

Button Masher
I agree with this, seriously try playing Ares, it's not as easy as it seems.

i know the pain trust me.

im forced to always do b1 d1 90% of the time cause people press too many buttons.

but when you play a smart opponent that learns to respect things.

hit confirming that d1 and basing your next attack on read will net you big #s

webreg

Noob
I think I have figured out the problem here by reading some of the previous posts again. At a certain point in the discussion the people here were talking about D1,D4. Then UFG came and pointed out that this is a stupid thing to just throw out (which is true). Then he did go on to babble about hit confirming the D1 and obviously EVERYONE was assuming he is talking about hit confirming D1 into D4 or DF1 (and not just throwing it out) because we were talking about that at the time. However, he seems to have been talking about hit confirming the D1 and the advantage it gives into a string INSTEAD of using D4 or DF1. He didn't realize that his postings were unclear (because the term hit confirming is usually not used in the context he used it) and he started insulting people instead of clarifying this which is very classy by the way. So everybody calm down.

redeyes

Button Masher
I think I have figured out the problem here by reading some of the previous posts again. At a certain point in the discussion the people here were talking about D1,D4. Then UFG came and pointed out that this is a stupid thing to just throw out (which is true). Then he did go on to babble about hit confirming the D1 and obviously EVERYONE was assuming he is talking about hit confirming D1 into D4 or DF1 (and not just throwing it out) because we were talking about that at the time. However, he seems to have been talking about hit confirming the D1 and the advantage it gives into a string INSTEAD of using D4 or DF1. He didn't realize that his postings were unclear (because the term hit confirming is usually not used in the context he used it) and he started insulting people instead of clarifying this which is very classy by the way. So everybody calm down.

i clarified what he ment but people still think that cause someone has an option to stop one thing its completely useless.

Breakin Wordzz

yeah he should have used the term block confirm instead of hit confirm.