What's new

Tech Ares Tech

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
I'm not wrong man, we both know (or should know by now) that D1D4 is an il advised or "stupid" online thing that is easily reversed offline by a half decent player, that's why mentioned it to you in party.

The fact is, D1D4 was born online, that is where it has as been devised, on day one when people first picked up the game, and didn't understand how anything in the game worked or was able to make sense of the character, but d1 d4 seemed to work against people, and for some reason, no matter how illegitimate it is, Ares players have made it a staple of their game play.

And when I told you the problem was d4 being interrupted by 6 frame normals, instead of releasing that d1 specials/trait isn't a good idea (with any character, as you lose any advantage you could have if you just hit confirm them) you have tried to make something that will let you hold on to non hit-confirming your d1's.

As for this tech, not only does it cost meter and cant be hit confirmed, but it also doesn't work in the exact same way as d1d4, it can still be interrupted by 6 frame normals. After d1 on block, it isn't even a guessing game for the opponent, its just react, and punish, for both the "options".

The "AI Lex corp charge test" isn't a solid one, and it should never be used to see if something has a 6 frame gap.

You have me figured out all wrong man, I know what I am talking about when it comes to injustice, You seem to think im singling you out and trying to rain on your parade specifically. I break down everything to a science and I despise false online isms, and I don't particularly like it when people get away with them, that should frustrate everyone, not just me.

I love you.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
d1~mb close GS

Any time you think they're going to interrupt
Again, I honestly don't understand this misplaced fascination with not hit confirming d1, and especially trying to special from d1's. If that is your "gimmick", then you don't understand what a d1 is for.

This "gimmick" has to be most backwards thinking reason I heard in a very long time to try and answer someone punishing you for not hit confirming your pokes when the obvious and simple answer is, HIT CONFIRM. If it is blocked, don't press buttons, and maybe reversal them again if its so obvious they will interrupt. And if it hits, then make use of your options...why is that something people don't want to consider? Ares even has the advantage of it being low, and not mid like almost every other d1 in the game.

If d1d4 isn't working, then don't be so stubborn with the situation by dialling in close MB God smack, as again, not only does it cost meter because you don't want to hit confirm, but every opponent in the game can press d1, and if it wiffs, still have tons of time to NJ punish it.

Look for the fundamental answer, not the gimmick or panic button.

4x4lo8o

Noob
every opponent in the game can press d1, and if it wiffs, still have tons of time to NJ punish it.
I'm not going to bother with all the other bullshit you're posting about hit confirming every single time - every good player knows there are times when you just have to commit - but this quoted part is obvious misinformation. I can't go make a list right now, but off the top of my head I know Aquaman cannot d1 and neutral jump out and he's not the only one. Some characters can d1 and nj and for some of them(like Batman) it's fairly easy, but even for most of them that can it's a fairly tight window and is something they're very likely to screw up if they're looking to punish between d1~d4.
Once you've established that they can't poke freely even after a blocked d1 you're open to start using d1~d4 outside of punishes and all the damage, frame traps, mix ups, and mind games off of it

KingHippo

Alternative-Fact Checker

What shite. WHY would an Ares player see a d1 hit and be happy with just "Oh look I have advantage!"? Now you have the magical ability to go for...well a throw or a normal. And provided you're not frame perfect the odds are people will backdash, mash d1, lots of things that will throw a wrench in this plan. It's not insane to think that a person would rather take a risk with d1d4 instead of hit with d1 and "make use of his options", which will probably not lead to anything since Ares has subpar normals and mixups to begin with, d1d4 being one of his better options. Oh joy you did d1 into 3D2, and they blocked it, I got 1.5% chip yay me!

I have never understood why, seemingly, the entire UK scene takes this very literal stance towards the game. Every d1 will be punished, people apparently can backdash and punish d1's, etc. when this all ignores the fact that people aren't robots and do fuck up and will not punish everything ever, it just won't happen. People play like nuts and they do win- see PR Rog at Evo- and it's all because those nuts are better than most at realizing they can overwhelm someone by not conforming to whatever bullshit someone spouts about how you're "supposed to play the game, like saying "what d1's are for". What does that even mean, if you really think about it? Is a d1 a move you only use in 1 circumstance and never use it again ever? C'mon, deal in the real here, people.

TL;DR: D1d4 with Ares has a blemish in that you can jab him out of it, but that doesn't mean people should be discouraged from using it because that could happen. That's super theory and implies that everyone knows everything about a game and simultaneously takes away one of Ares few good options for getting a combo.

redeyes

Button Masher
are you ares players trying to get on their case for saying d1 d4 is a bad idea?

if it can be interpreted it will be in tournament by the right player.

i bet ares d1 is pretty +on hit allowing him for a 50/50 with his OH or low again then allowing you to combo.

4x4lo8o

Noob
are you ares players trying to get on their case for saying d1 d4 is a bad idea?

if it can be interpreted it will be in tournament by the right player.

i bet ares d1 is pretty +on hit allowing him for a 50/50 with his OH or low again then allowing you to combo.
What 50/50? Ares has nothing resembling a 50/50 after d1 on hit

4x4lo8o

Noob
B2 is 19 frames, d1 is 6 frames. Not a 50/50 by a long shot, and not even a particularly good mix up

If usedforglue is talking about every opponent d1ing to interrupt d1~d4 and then nj'ing if Ares went for d1~GS instead like it's nothing then you can't expect anybody to ever get hit by that b2

redeyes

Button Masher
btw d1 d4 isnt only punishable by 6 frame attacks.

i was using Gls lift and thats 10.

and i was forward dashing with some people too.

4x4lo8o

Noob
A 50/50 is unfuzzy guardable or blockable on reaction, defending correctly comes down to a guess. And the defining aspect of a vortex that it loops back into itself, so I'm not sure where that came from

Learn your terminology before you call me names and insult my intelligence. Yes, d1 and b2 is a mix up. Just like what Flash has(his isn't a 50/50 either), but Flash's is significantly better because of the speed and range of b2 and d1d2(the second hit of d1d2 is low and comes out at around 14 frames) and the damage he can get of either one.

If we're going to pretend that ever using d1~d4 is a garbage online tactic and the d1~GS mix up will never work then it makes no sense to presume using b2 is any good

4x4lo8o

Noob
btw d1 d4 isnt only punishable by 6 frame attacks.

i was using Gls lift and thats 10.

and i was forward dashing with some people too.
The gap in d1~d4 is like 14 frames. Any character in the game can technically stand up and full combo with a string. D1 is just generally the most practical option

KIllaByte

PSN: playakid700. Local name: BFGC MonkeyBizness
So the best thing an opponent of Ares can do is block high following Ares D1?

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Again, I honestly don't understand this misplaced fascination with not hit confirming d1, and especially trying to special from d1's. If that is your "gimmick", then you don't understand what a d1 is for.

This "gimmick" has to be most backwards thinking reason I heard in a very long time to try and answer someone punishing you for not hit confirming your pokes when the obvious and simple answer is, HIT CONFIRM. If it is blocked, don't press buttons, and maybe reversal them again if its so obvious they will interrupt. And if it hits, then make use of your options...why is that something people don't want to consider? Ares even has the advantage of it being low, and not mid like almost every other d1 in the game.

If d1d4 isn't working, then don't be so stubborn with the situation by dialling in close MB God smack, as again, not only does it cost meter because you don't want to hit confirm, but every opponent in the game can press d1, and if it wiffs, still have tons of time to NJ punish it.

Look for the fundamental answer, not the gimmick or panic button.

jay think your being a bit harsh.
there is no possible way to hit confirm ares's d1 into anything, the cancel frames just arent enough to visually do that.
apart from d1 into a block string which bit of waste imo , id rather risk a d1d4 being interupted to get 30%+ than play it safe for 2%.
also ares d1 being low is a disadvantage is some matches, vs any "floaty" character like superman etc it will whiff where would of hit another character and you get punished for it :(

webreg

Noob
there is no possible way to hit confirm ares's d1 into anything, the cancel frames just arent enough to visually do that
You can't consciously hit confirm d1 but you can do it sub-consciously if you train it like a maniac. And no, this is not the same as muscle memory. Muscle memory is a part of this process but hit confirming relies on the simple input-process-output formula where the input can be visually, auditory or both. If you have to consciously think about it though you won't be fast enough (input-remember-decide-act-output). It has to come from instinct which is the colloquial name for sub-conscious decision making. My guess is that hardcore fighting game players are well trained to do this and can adapt easily to new games and characters. My guess is that this is the forte of ChrisG and the reason why he is such a good player and so solid at blocking and punishing.

4x4lo8o

Noob
You can't consciously hit confirm d1 but you can do it sub-consciously if you train it like a maniac. And no, this is not the same as muscle memory. Muscle memory is a part of this process but hit confirming relies on the simple input-process-output formula where the input can be visually, auditory or both. If you have to consciously think about it though you won't be fast enough (input-remember-decide-act-output). It has to come from instinct which is the colloquial name for sub-conscious decision making. My guess is that hardcore fighting game players are well trained to do this and can adapt easily to new games and characters. My guess is that this is the forte of ChrisG and the reason why he is such a good player and so solid at blocking and punishing.
I don't buy this. I mean, the general idea may be correct but in the case of Ares d1 I don't think there's any way you're hit confirming into anything like that. I don't know enough details about the frame data to say for certain or back it up with numbers, but the cancel window on d1 is too small to visually(or by auditory cues or whatever) recognize the hit and physically hit the button.

I'd really like to see someone consistently hit confirm Ares d1 correctly in practice mode with auto block on.

LaR

Noob
I'm not wrong man, we both know (or should know by now) that D1D4 is an il advised or "stupid" online thing that is easily reversed offline by a half decent player, that's why mentioned it to you in party.

The fact is, D1D4 was born online, that is where it has as been devised, on day one when people first picked up the game, and didn't understand how anything in the game worked or was able to make sense of the character, but d1 d4 seemed to work against people, and for some reason, no matter how illegitimate it is, Ares players have made it a staple of their game play.

And when I told you the problem was d4 being interrupted by 6 frame normals, instead of realising that d1 specials/trait isn't a good idea (with any character, as you lose any advantage you could have if you just hit confirm them) you have tried to make something that will let you hold on to non hit-confirming your d1's.

As for this tech, not only does it cost meter and cant be hit confirmed, but it also doesn't work in the exact same way as d1d4, it can still be interrupted by 6 frame normals. After d1 on block, it isn't even a guessing game for the opponent, its just react, and punish, for both the "options".

The "AI Lex corp charge test" isn't a solid one, and it should never be used to see if something has a 6 frame gap.

You have me figured out all wrong man, I know what I am talking about when it comes to injustice, You seem to think im singling you out and trying to rain on your parade specifically. I break down everything to a science and I despise false online isms, and I don't particularly like it when people get away with them, that should frustrate everyone, not just me.
Just so you know d1~mb dark energy can't be interrupted by normals if you meter burn the fireball at the right time which is not easy/practical to do at least for me. But yea d1~d4 is a very risky thing to do and shouldn't be abused ( even though people still let Ares get away with it) but its a risk he has to take unfortunately, you use the threat of d1~d4 to set up his overhead launcher, he does have safer ways to open you up but they are not easy to setup.

webreg

Noob
I'd really like to see someone consistently hit confirm Ares d1 correctly in practice mode with auto block on.
Seconded and I want to see UsedForGlue doing it since he claims it's easy enough. If it is easy to do in matches, then he surely will have no problem at all doing it in practice mode with random block on. Put up or ... well, you know. ;)

PND i2 Gaug3

NERF Everything, LEAVE Nothing
Just so you know d1~mb dark energy can't be interrupted by normals if you meter burn the fireball at the right time which is not easy/practical to do at least for me. But yea d1~d4 is a very risky thing to do and shouldn't be abused ( even though people still let Ares get away with it) but its a risk he has to take unfortunately, you use the threat of d1~d4 to set up his overhead launcher, he does have safer ways to open you up but they are not easy to setup.
I must have been doing it too late then cause i hit the comp out of d1 mb de will give you the benefit of doubt and test again

This message is brought to you by The Hateocracy