What's new

Tech Ares Tech

LaR

Noob
I must have been doing it too late then cause i hit the comp out of d1 mb de will give you the benefit of doubt and test again

This message is brought to you by The Hateocracy
yea its really hard to get the timing down which is one of the reasons i don’t use this plus they could always mb b3 through d1~4, d1~de and d1~gs. The only string that jails the mb dark energy is 3D2~de and 112~de.

Crathen

Death is my business
If you get the right timing on the MB DE you can only trade with 6 frame normals , sure Batman can just mash trait if he already has it out so it's kinda meh vs him , Ares is the ultimate gimmick character , he works that way , he has no raw 50/50 outside b23 d1d4 and you got to commit to those if you want to get a combo from them.

You can play Ares in a solid way but the reward isn't good.

Reactions: LaR

PND i2 Gaug3

NERF Everything, LEAVE Nothing
yea its really hard to get the timing down which is one of the reasons i don’t use this plus they could always mb b3 through d1~4, d1~de and d1~gs. The only string that jails the mb dark energy is 3D2~de and 112~de.

I get the d1 mb de to combo and i still get a full combo out of it

edit: I dont know how much faster I will have to do it so that it trades but its not trading for me

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Just so you know d1~mb dark energy can't be interrupted by normals if you meter burn the fireball at the right time which is not easy/practical to do at least for me. But yea d1~d4 is a very risky thing to do and shouldn't be abused ( even though people still let Ares get away with it) but its a risk he has to take unfortunately, you use the threat of d1~d4 to set up his overhead launcher, he does have safer ways to open you up but they are not easy to setup.
Even if you do happen to get the trade with ares, so what? You have spent a bar of meter like a paranoid wreck, all because you just don't want to simply hit confirm a poke, and that is a situation you will find yourself allot in against tons of the cast. And I would rather save my meter for the more important things, like MB Godsmack from 3d2, or clash, or super, or push block.

And let's say you decide this is a good idea, and you might get away with it once in a set (if you are pistol perfect and the opponent is slightly late) it is not something to run your tournament life on, at least I wouldn't, and to my knowledge nobody has yet won a tournament by having full punishable holes in their offence, or shaky gimmicks. Good players at offline tournament level will destroy opponents for not having water right offence, and if that isn't happening right now with the majority of players, it will eventually, just like we did in MK at the peak of its scene, and this d1 special, d1 trait won't be something that will last, because it doesn't work. And it will work less and less the better the community gets, so there is no point being behind the game with this stuff right now.

Try picking up nightwing and doing b2 4 staff spin on foxy and see how many times you get away with it, or b1 staggering with Wonder Woman on me and watch how many times you get reversed.

I'm not being a killjoy, I'm trying to help with solid advice.

UsedForGlue

Who in their right mind would want to do D1/D4 outside of a punish situation?
Exactly. That is the only reason for d1d4, when you know your punish has to be 6 frames, instead of using your 8 frame 1, or 10 frame 2.

Its not an offensive block string.

UsedForGlue

Seconded and I want to see UsedForGlue doing it since he claims it's easy enough. If it is easy to do in matches, then he surely will have no problem at all doing it in practice mode with random block on. Put up or ... well, you know. ;)
Jesus, its basic hit confirming 101...It really isn't that difficult. I mean it's the first things you learn about a character..."do I have strings that are plus or even zero on block, if so, can I use my poke to counter afterwards, and if hits, what can I follow up with?".

Does that mean now that I have to quit my main character and take up ares all because you can't hit confirm a d1?

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Steve, that is exactly my point.
Jesus, its basic hit confirming 101...It really isn't that difficult. I mean it's the first things you learn about a character..."do I have strings that are plus or even zero on block, if so, can I use my poke to counter afterwards, and if hits, what can I follow up with?".

Does that mean now that I have to quit my main character and take up ares all because you can't hit confirm a d1?

if you point is that ares cant hit confirm D1D4 why then tell people to learn to hit confirm off d1? you cant.

redeyes

Button Masher
lets do the math shall we? d1 is plus 9. b2 is 19 frames. 19-9=10 i believe, correct me if im wrong, there are moves in the game that are faster than 10 frames.

okay but your d1 is 6 frames and a low so they have to fear that so you can risk throwing out the overhead since they respect and fear the d1.

fighting game 101 bro.

not all 50/50s are safe

Breakin Wordzz

Best Rengar NA, also ares of world
okay but your d1 is 6 frames and a low so they have to fear that so you can risk throwing out the overhead since they respect and fear the d1.

fighting game 101 bro.

not all 50/50s are safe
so you have safe options to go for and you want all the ares players to go for an unsafe 50/50
logic 101 bro

redeyes

Button Masher
so you have safe options to go for and you want all the ares players to go for an unsafe 50/50
logic 101 bro

lets take ww for example

i b1 i am now +4

the only safe option i have is d1 or grab

yet i go for
b1
b2
grabs
jumps

you know wwhy? cause they fear d12 tiara combos if i make the right read and do the d1.

Breakin Wordzz

lets take ww for example

i b1 i am now +4

the only safe option i have is d1 or grab

yet i go for
b1
b2
grabs
jumps

you know wwhy? cause they fear d12 tiara combos if i make the right read and do the d1.
safe
punish
punish
punish
punish
wow thats an 80% chance of me punishing you i think ill be pressing buttons from now on thanks.

Breakin Wordzz

UsedForGlue UsedForGlue UsedForGlue redeyes

Thank you so much for pretty much ruining this thread. At least make sure you have tested every possibility before you get excited because you think that you proved me wrong. This is the equivalent of doing 2NDC into a f4 and saying it cant be plus 9 because im losing to kano's upball, when in reality you just fucked up the timing. This is for you mate i hope this helps.

LaR

Noob
Even if you do happen to get the trade with ares, so what? You have spent a bar of meter like a paranoid wreck, all because you just don't want to simply hit confirm a poke, and that is a situation you will find yourself allot in against tons of the cast. And I would rather save my meter for the more important things, like MB Godsmack from 3d2, or clash, or super, or push block.

And let's say you decide this is a good idea, and you might get away with it once in a set (if you are pistol perfect and the opponent is slightly late) it is not something to run your tournament life on, at least I wouldn't, and to my knowledge nobody has yet won a tournament by having full punishable holes in their offence, or shaky gimmicks. Good players at offline tournament level will destroy opponents for not having water right offence, and if that isn't happening right now with the majority of players, it will eventually, just like we did in MK at the peak of its scene, and this d1 special, d1 trait won't be something that will last, because it doesn't work. And it will work less and less the better the community gets, so there is no point being behind the game with this stuff right now.

Try picking up nightwing and doing b2 4 staff spin on foxy and see how many times you get away with it, or b1 staggering with Wonder Woman on me and watch how many times you get reversed.

I'm not being a killjoy, I'm trying to help with solid advice.
All im saying is you cant interrupt d1~mb dark energy when its done right as for it being practical i still dont know whether it is or not because i rarely go for it but against someone who constantly counter pokes your d1 this would be something you could do to stop them.

As for d1~d4 unfortunately it is something you have check people with as Ares which sucks because its unsafe and is one of the reasons he is low tier but if you're never going to use d1~d4 you could just block high all day against Ares and have nothing to worry about and his only other mix would be 3~d4 or 3d2 which is a very slow string with shitty range.

Smarrgasm

What's a Smarrgasm?
Im not sure what the issue is here. Im testing it right now and im able to interrupt every time with no problems.

It should be interruptible 100% of the time no matter what. Im doing it to where on hit this is comboing and on block im still able to interrupt. Maybe im still doing it wrong but i dont see how i could do it faster.

UsedForGlue

So let me get this right Breakin Wordzz Because it still makes no sense to me.

If you are perfect with your execution (which you aren't judging by your first video, and also assuming you will go to a stacked offline event and still have perfect execution under extreme pressure) then you will spend a bar of meter to get a trade...And if you are wrong you will get full punished. At best, that's all that it is.

Is that your "game changing tech"? It doesn't sound it in the slightest and something I doubt will hold up in a stacked offline event. But that's only my opinion, and I don't know if anyone will ever prove me wrong on that, of course its on you and anyone that disagrees to do so. Present the tech, present the results. Simple.

It no doubt holds up extremely well in the uber competeitive and legitimate world of online injustice.

Only last week was I engaged in a conversation with a group of good offline players about how the best characters in the game (as we evolve) will evolve to be the ones that build the best meter, and spend none of it to get big damage in combos (roughly 35-45%) giving them more scope to fight with because of meter build (batman, wonder woman, nightwing, soon superman, sinestro etc) let alone characters that "have to" spend a bar of meter just because they don't want to hit confirm a poke, only to find themselfs at -3.

I find it mind numbing that the majority of players that agree with you, instead of hit confirming a d1 would rather flush down a bar of meter. Is that what this boils down to?

You are desperately avoiding your real issue. Hit confirming. Instead attempting ways to stop your opponents punishing your short comings.

Am I the only one that sees the bigger picture? I think so.

So let me get this right Breakin Wordzz Because it still makes no sense to me.

If you are perfect with your execution (which you aren't judging by your first video, and also assuming you will go to a stacked offline event and still have perfect execution under extreme pressure) then you will spend a bar of meter to get a trade...And if you are wrong you will get full punished. At best, that's all that it is.

Is that your "game changing tech"? It doesn't sound it in the slightest and something I doubt will hold up in a stacked offline event. But that's only my opinion of course, and I don't know if anyone will ever prove that wrong on that, of course, its on you and anyone that disagrees to do so.

It no doubt holds up extremely well in the uber competeitive and legitimate world of online injustice.

Only last week was I engaged in a conversation with a group of good offline players about a how the best characters in the game (as we evolve) will evolve to be the ones that build the best meter, and spend none of it to get big damage in combos (roughly 35-45%) let alone characters that "have to" spend a bar of meter just because they don't want to hit confirm a poke, only to find themselfs at -3.

I find it mind numbing that the majority of players that agree with you, instead of hit confirming a d1 would rather flush down a bar of meter. Is that what this boils down to?

You are desperately avoiding your real issue. Hit confirming. Instead attempting ways to stop your opponents punishing your short comings.

Am I the only one that sees the bigger picture? I think so.

are you mad you got hit by this?:joker: