What's new

Strategy Ares Strategy, Set-Ups, and Mind Games

I've been ending my combos with 112 invisibility. from there you can teleport on either side of them before they have time to wake up.
Once they start respecting that, you can god smack instead of teleporting in.

P3irce

Noob
Hey guys I'm new on test your might but I'd like to input my go to invis setup.

It starts with any starter into trait and then B2,3,D2,invis. After that you can walk a couple steps and jump 2 for crossup into a god smack combo.

Ex. J2,1,1,2,D4,J2,B2,3,D2,invis 35% and then you can reset for another ~40% with god smack combo

AGUSTIN

Noob

It starts with any starter into trait and then B2,3,D2,invis. After that you can walk a couple steps and jump 2 for crossup into a god smack combo.

Ex. J2,1,1,2,D4,J2,B2,3,D2,invis 35% and then you can reset for another ~40% with god smack combo
I've actually been ending my combos with this since the game came out, sometimes. I say sometimes, cause I always mix-up my combo enders to throw my opponent off. That's just the way I play. But I think it's a good set-up, you just can't become too predictable with it.

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
I dont know if anyone discovered this already but i found out you can link d2 into mbgs for alot more damage when AA, and not to forget you can do unclashable damage

P3irce

Noob
I've actually been ending my combos with this since the game came out, sometimes. I say sometimes, cause I always mix-up my combo enders to throw my opponent off. That's just the way I play. But I think it's a good set-up, you just can't become too predictable with it.
Yeah ill either mix it up ending with b1,3 for full screen zoning or a meter burn god smack if they aren't doing wakeups

The Gabriel

Mean Man

I think that leaves too much damage on the table. I'd also rather have my main combo/reset involve teleport instead of invis, with invis being a secondary or corner setup. Teleport is more disorienting in the midscreen game

P3irce

Noob
I think that leaves too much damage on the table. I'd also rather have my main combo/reset involve teleport instead of invis, with invis being a secondary or corner setup. Teleport is more disorienting in the midscreen game
What do you mean by it leaves too much damage on the table? I personally like this setup because of how most players don't expect the invis in the middle of combo and they freeze up. And if by chance the j2 doesn't cross up and they block I sometimes do a 2,2 mb god smack for another combo

What do you guys use for footsies? Ares really terrible dash and mobility makes me pull my hair out.
One footsie tool I found that has to be used very carefully are the trait cancels. For example, d4~forward dash or backdash. It's kind of hard to backdash out of d4 sometimes, but b4 or 4 can work kinda as well. Once you establish respect, and as long as they don't mash, this can be used as a good footsie tool. His d1 and b1 sometimes work for me too.

Not sure if this is known too lazy to check, but in the lab I noticed that if you do a b3, pause a bit, jump towards (no ji2 or ji3, bodies must collide so the opponent stays in front of you when they land) and about the time you will land, execute a MB close Godsmack (start the down down before you land) and you will land behind the opponent with them facing the other direction too, bouncing them and presenting another b3 opportunity. I assume this reverses the opponents wake up as well

I only tested it against the AI and its wakeups are godlike perfect, but with human error and the reversed wakeup inputs a possibility, it could be useful.

Some wakeups get out of it, like mobile ones that move the opponent, like Sword Flip, Venom, Frost's slide and Shazams teleport, but if the the wakeup is reversed then its all moot. Perhaps someone could test with a friend.

I will try upload a video soon.

Anyone know why I can't get the AI to do wakeups when I record? Jeeze.

Funny, for Sinestro and Superman it doesn't work as well as Ares does not end up behind them, perhaps because they float and it makes their hitboxes a little higher.

InFlames

dead

I don't know if this was found already, but a well timed F3 after B3 will make your opponent land behind you allowing for an ambiguous cross-up setup with J2.

Combo shown:

3D2~MB Godsmack-B3-F3

Normal J2 - Behind / Cross-up + reverses wake-up inputs
Delayed J2 - In-Front / Fake cross-up

You can choose to go for a BnB afterwards or repeat the same setup again.

This also allows for a Godsmack setup/reset which reverses their inputs making it difficult to wake-up out of. Once your opponent starts respecting this you can go for teleport/invisibility gimmicks. This is the perfect setup for un-clashable damage.

xInfra Deadx
AK Juggs
Dislexsik
WaywardStranger
Mr Aquaman
DownfouralitY

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
So for the first combo, you do forward dash after B3 and then F3 right? Is this kinda universal for any B3 on hit?
Very nice tech, i like it. Im deffenitly gonna use this, and i really need to use 3d2 more in my game :p

InFlames

dead
So for the first combo, you do forward dash after B3 and then F3 right? Is this kinda universal for any B3 on hit?
Very nice tech, i like it. Im deffenitly gonna use this, and i really need to use 3d2 more in my game :p
Yes, forward dash and then a slight step afterwards. It could be universal, there's a video of Shazam doing something like this with F3-F3.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Yes, forward dash and then a slight step afterwards. It could be universal, there's a video of Shazam doing something like this with F3-F3.
Nice setup! The unclashable loop looks legit...

This works for Shazam: B3, J2, J2, 3, MB HM, F3

I'm not sure if there is a different one out there as well...