What's new

General/Other - Ermac Are You Satisfied with The Design of Ermac?

Noob
I agree so much. Not an Ermac player and never will be, but he's changed so much hell even his colour palette has undergone massive changes... He should have been the first to get a Klassic skin, respect to the old school Ermac players
I always played Ermac here and there but never mained him at all, But considering Noob Saibot is not in this game and my second choice was always Smoke ( also not in the game, cant believe they managed to take out my 2 mains in a single game... ) i feel like a drifting ship. Ermac/Subzero Just seemed like the next logical choises. My Concern here after all this, is that they want to shove this new idea of Ermacs Mummy Sorc look down our throats so much that im afraid the Klassic skin will still have his face showing but i digress

I GOT HANDS

Official Infrared Scorp wid gapless Wi-Fi pressure
I always played Ermac here and there but never mained him at all, But considering Noob Saibot is not in this game and my second choice was always Smoke ( also not in the game, cant believe they managed to take out my 2 mains in a single game... ) i feel like a drifting ship. Ermac/Subzero Just seemed like the next logical choises. My Concern here after all this, is that they want to shove this new idea of Ermacs Mummy Sorc look down our throats so much that im afraid the Klassic skin will still have his face showing but i digress
Ha so you are like me. Old school Noob main from back in the day , no Noob in this game though, so I fell in with Sub. Was actually considering Ermac, but the deciding blow was my PC and the fact that I can only get enough frames to practice properly for local tournaments, with low particle characters. Ermac unfortunately was literally the most demanding character graphically. Also, the fact that Ermac doesn't have a Klassic skin helped my decision too. Hope you guys get one soon.

Reactions: 14K

VOR

Noob
I love MKX MoS Ermac. I really wish Spectral was better and the variation specific stuff was more cool/fun/crazy. It had potential for me but i feel it's missing some design features. MoS was everything I was hoping for and a little more.

Big D

Relevant In An Irrelevant Time
Personally im switchin because my main is no longer in the game, and him and Subzero are the lasting remnants of what i once enjoyed about MK. But looking at Big D week in and week out in the ESL and looking at the characters he has to put up with "Quan/Sonya/KungL/EB/Scorpion" that in my opinion far suppress Ermac in all his strengths, what makes you guys keep at it with this character? is it just character loyalty or is there something im missing and this character is, without sugar coating it, actually able to play hand in hand with the likes of the characters i just mentioned?
Its hard out here for a character loyalist. Do I think Ermac is tournament viable? No, not really. But do I want to body people with a bad character and have them hold that L? Yes, it means more to me than a major win sometimes lol

Hitoshura

Head Cage
I wish force push wasn't so unsafe on block and could be used as a zoning tool. Kenshi got buffs, so should Mystic Ermac.

Error

DF2+R2
I wish force push wasn't so unsafe on block and could be used as a zoning tool. Kenshi got buffs, so should Mystic Ermac.
We should have been the first forum asking for buffs(for Mystic/Spectral), but now it's too late without attracting negative attention.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
We should have been the first forum asking for buffs(for Mystic/Spectral), but now it's too late without attracting negative attention.
Ermac is fine across the board. He has good normals, has good anti airs, good damage. He just needs that force push buff. Like, he really needs it.

Error

DF2+R2
Ermac is fine across the board. He has good normals, has good anti airs, good damage. He just needs that force push buff. Like, he really needs it.
Yeah, I wish Ermac had also received some variation specific normals, they made him decent, but dropped the ball on him variation wise.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
Yeah, I wish Ermac had also received some variation specific normals, they made him decent, but dropped the ball on him variation wise.
We got MoS which is just a great variation, Mystic which needs work, and Spectral which is Hawkgirl if she had some sort of mental disorder and couldn't really do much because of it.

Error

DF2+R2
We got MoS which is just a great variation, Mystic which needs work, and Spectral which is Hawkgirl if she had some sort of mental disorder and couldn't really do much because of it.
No denying that MoS isn't great, just doesn't fit my play style, so I'll be playing other characters while using Mystic in training until he gets something for his push. And Spectral? He feels like a beta/variation-less character, needs an overhaul lool.

Shark Tank

I don't actually play these games
No, MoS is a linear 50/50 character and Mystic is basically a high damage punisher and a binary midscreen control character. Don't know what spectral is.

Shark Tank

I don't actually play these games
-25 on his control move, and what can you really punish that MoS can't do better? It's a useless variation.
Yeah it's stinks, especially in this rushdown fool game. I'm assuming he was intended to with that move but like the rest of the zoners he's too negative in a run button world and he didn't gain any unique normals to compliment it so even if he was good he would basically be mk9 ermac again, binary one dimensional mid screen control

Hitoshura

Head Cage
Yeah it's stinks, especially in this rushdown fool game. I'm assuming he was intended to with that move but like the rest of the zoners he's too negative in a run button world and he didn't gain any unique normals to compliment it so even if he was good he would basically be mk9 ermac again, binary one dimensional mid screen control
There's nothing really wrong with Ermac in terms of his normals in MKX. You'd be surprised what this character can really do up close. I witnessed some wonderful gameplay from @zaf this past weekend. He has the tools to contend rushdown characters. The push is the only thing that makes mystic not worth using over MoS. Buff the push and he'll have two awesome variations. At least in my humble.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Ermac is the most disappointing character, next to sub zero's Cryomancer and Unbreakable variations. I couldn't wait for Ermac as I was going to pick him up on release after Sub Zero and Raiden, but when I saw that he was nothing but 50/50's and his traditional force push game was pointless, I just didn't bother picking him up.

Gutted.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Ermac I believe in the right hands can win a tourney, casuals and online. But easily? No.

Design wise it's cool but I would like to see his classic look back too. He's a fun character, just wish he was a good guy now.

Error

DF2+R2
He's a fun character, just wish he was a good guy now.
He's a good guy if you're from Outworld.

There's nothing really wrong with Ermac in terms of his normals in MKX.
I mean it'd be great if Mystic had gotten get off of me long range normals, but it is what it is, give me the push buff, honestly with the run, there's very little risk of it becoming broken,

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I mean like the original continuity he turned good thanks to Kenshi freeing him from shao kahn..

Noob
Its hard out here for a character loyalist. Do I think Ermac is tournament viable? No, not really. But do I want to body people with a bad character and have them hold that L? Yes, it means more to me than a major win sometimes lol
Cheers for the reply man, yeah i just feel that when he does one step forward and also takes 3 steps back on almost everything when in comparison... Sad but oh well, we play with the cards we are dealt if we refuse to fold "loyalty can be the B word"

So i dont play mystic and never actually tried the variation, but from the replies here, its the MK9 form he should have, similar to Kenshi but never got (Actually liked Mk9 Ermac ALOT)... If thats true would making FPush something like Kenshis at -9 or similar make Mystic rocket above MoS or you guys think MoS would still be the top variation. Because if thats true that clearly says something about the state of ermac right now...

Syzoth

The last Saurian from Zaterra - Syzoth - Reptile
Design of Ermac. See you guys are talking about his fighting frame data, his mixup game, his damage and his combos. I'm thinking his actual design like.. skin (costume) character in story, dialogue, variations, attacks, feel, etc.

His costume I like well enough to be quiet but I really wish they stepped it up a notch. His primary is basically the alt of Mk9 which I loved so that's okay. But I was expecting more skins in this game so this being all that is worth mentioning makes me sad. I get why his wraps are falling off but I hate the look of it. Wish his face was more shadowed in his cloak or something.

His character in story he is once again taking a backseat. Being a lackey again. This suprises me. He has Shao Kahn's soul now. He should be getting so powerful here lately that he is becoming a real threat. Instead he is kinda tossed in the back and left to rot... literally?

Dialogue is very true to how he was in mk9. I like it. It's creepy, fitting. His voice acting is well done. I do grow a bit tired of the whole you're outnumbered thing but it's so critical to who he is and his personality. I mained as him in mk9 so I guess I burnt myself out on it.

Variations. Spectral is rather pitious. Master of souls is higher damage, mystic is like easier combos, spectral is... well he floats more.

Attacks. I loved his attacks in Mk9. When he'd hit them and they'd glow green and writhe in pain and it'd move their body. He felt powerful. It worked very well. They carried his powers into MKX well. He is more explosive. More telekenetic but you still feel powerful once you learn how to use Ermac. He was the first character I got to play as at a blind MK tournament on release day. Was so disappointed. Was stringing together small combos for no damage D: Now that I know how to play him, it's fun again but though I can't explain it, I preferred his feel in mk9. Not a complaint though.

Definitely think he is high tier in some good people's hands. I've only played him in MKX for a few nights. I'm low tier with him xD

zaf

professor
While his 50/50s are probably his current strongest aspects ( alongside his damage output), he does not need to live or die by them.

He has plenty of good tools to use in this game. Rarely do I see usage of B12/B124 outside of @SonicFox5000. Instead I see a lot of people hanging themselves, or just making risky plays that just end up paying off.
Using B12/B124 allows you to condition your opponent with your follow ups of d1,d3,b3,f4 and instant air blast.
With conditioning and reads, his 50/50s are barely ever coin flips. Enough usage of B124 allows you to stop early and use B12. With a solid read on how the opponent is blocking ( or if you just see them crouching a lot / standing a lot) you can hit them with a F4 or B3 after B12.

I beat people this weekend at ECT by doing nothing but punishes in some games. They liked to jump a lot, so I aa with D4 ( which IMO is his best anti air tool) into full combo/vortex/soulball reset for about 30+% then a follow up grab brings you close to 50+% total.

I beat people with nothing but solid fundamentals and knowledge of counterpoking. There were some cassie players I had to play that really like to use her D1. They would pressure into a string, then D1. Sometimes even regardless if the D1 hit or was blocked, they would go into pressure. So D1 blocked into their next string is actually a huge gap. I took advantage of this and got full combos each time.

There were definitely a lot of games were I did not even need to use 50/50s to open people up. I just made reads and followed through on them.

I guess people dont like to work anymore for their reads... and just want to 50/50 all day. Don't get me wrong, this can definitely work.. But using all of his tools will work better imo. But there are so many ways to open people up outside of 50/50s... you just need to make reads and understand the game

Is ermac MoS good? yes he is good. Is he very good? No. Being very good is reserved for the top 10 of the game who have insane pressure and can always force you into their game. Or just have way safer options. But thats just what it is right now. He is just good.

Big D

Relevant In An Irrelevant Time
Cheers for the reply man, yeah i just feel that when he does one step forward and also takes 3 steps back on almost everything when in comparison... Sad but oh well, we play with the cards we are dealt if we refuse to fold "loyalty can be the B word"

So i dont play mystic and never actually tried the variation, but from the replies here, its the MK9 form he should have, similar to Kenshi but never got (Actually liked Mk9 Ermac ALOT)... If thats true would making FPush something like Kenshis at -9 or similar make Mystic rocket above MoS or you guys think MoS would still be the top variation. Because if thats true that clearly says something about the state of ermac right now...
No problem.

I have been trying to get my word out about Mystic for a long time now; so I might as well come out and say it.
MoS will be completely secondary to Mystic with the proper change. Telepush CANNOT be so unsafe on block. It destroys the variations purpose as a whole. And all Spectral needs is Mystic's version of telelift. Then all three variations will be completely equal to each other.