What's new

General/Other - Ermac Are You Satisfied with The Design of Ermac?

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
The one thing I hate about him is having to choose high/mid/low on ex force blast as a wakeup. The move is designed as a "get the fuck off me" but it's so easy to avoid unless you make a really good read on what your opponent is going to do. Other than that, the character is awesome.

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
EH teleport should be safe on block -7 plus pushback. And he needs faster start up on all his projectiles too.

Zoning needs buffs all across the board.

zaf

professor
Ermac is the best midtier to me.
Maybe as a whole ( all 3 variations combined) he is mid tier. But I strongly feel that master of souls is not mid tier.
I don't have a top ten. I feel with his options in MoS he is in the high tier discussion.

The one thing I hate about him is having to choose high/mid/low on ex force blast as a wakeup. The move is designed as a "get the fuck off me" but it's so easy to avoid unless you make a really good read on what your opponent is going to do. Other than that, the character is awesome.
Ex force last is a problem. It is so inconsistent.
I will make a thread about its problems later today

Ermac lives and dies by his fitty fitties. Big risk/ big reward character. I love it.
Not really no... ermac players should try and start using his instant Air Force blast in their pressure. It is an overhead with plus frames on block. What risk is there with a move like that. Sure it does not grant a combo but you get continued pressure. the constant pressure and low overhead annoyance he has is strong

This would be pressure involving 1 11 b12 b124 d3 b3 and instant Air Force blast
His b3 is actually great. It's only -4 .... You don't need to always go into b31 or b34

Can we talk about how annoying his d3 is... The low profile on this is very strong

EH teleport should be safe on block -7 plus pushback. And he needs faster start up on all his projectiles too.

Zoning needs buffs all across the board.
Ex teleport is fine. His projectile is fine.
I don't feel ermac is a zoning character in master of souls variation. I'd say he is a rush down anti zones

This move does over 5% chip.... I've won so many games by chipping out at the end with this. It needs to be punishable. If you want to buff tele, make it OH when cancelled from hover only (no IA tele) so that hover has an actual use.
If anything give ex tell armor and remove it from force blast
That's all I ask for.

Hover has its uses. It is just a bait tool.

Temjiin

www.mkxframedata.com
If anything give ex tell armor and remove it from force blast
That's all I ask for.
I'm always against armoured moves that net you 30%+ combos but since it seems to be a thing in MKX why the fuck not. As long as it stays full combo punishable.

What would you do with EX force blast?

zaf

professor
I'm always against armoured moves that net you 30%+ combos but since it seems to be a thing in MKX why the fuck not. As long as it stays full combo punishable.
What would you do with EX force blast?
Well his ex teleport on wake up has armor.
Fast multi hit moves still beat it out, so there is always the risk that a move like Kung JIn f3 straight up beats you.

I only ask for ex teleport to have armor all the time as it seems like this would have less issues to fix then the ex force blast.

If this was the change, then I would just make ex force blast not a thing. Just remove it. Make it like levitate where there is no ex version.
Or just bump up the damage or something. The ex version is literally his armor move. But that doesnt even work half the time.
Im not asking for a buff, not asking for nerf, not asking for changes to him. Just asking that the move work as intended.
Jacqui got some fixes to how her combo system works. That was not a buff, it was a fix. I just ask the same for ermac.
But it looks as though it might be a problem for them to fix, so it would be nice to have armor on a consistently working move.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Does EX Force Blast hit Mid or High? Fairly certain it was getting beat on wakeup by cage d4 but i know it low profiles a few mids (which is why i was using it for force blast)

Temjiin

www.mkxframedata.com
Fast multi hit moves still beat it out, so there is always the risk that a move like Kung JIn f3 straight up beats you.

I only ask for ex teleport to have armor all the time as it seems like this would have less issues to fix then the ex force blast.

If this was the change, then I would just make ex force blast not a thing. Just remove it. Make it like levitate where there is no ex version.
Or just bump up the damage or something. The ex version is literally his armor move. But that doesnt even work half the time.
Im not asking for a buff, not asking for nerf, not asking for changes to him. Just asking that the move work as intended.
Jacqui got some fixes to how her combo system works. That was not a buff, it was a fix. I just ask the same for ermac.
But it looks as though it might be a problem for them to fix, so it would be nice to have armor on a consistently working move.
I totally can get behind these changes but for me I guess I feel pretty blessed with D3 being such a fucking great poke. I'm not saying I have problems getting out of big pressure but as a go-to, it's not a bad option by itself. You're right though, having armour on wakeup alone makes little sense.

zaf

professor
Does EX Force Blast hit Mid or High? Fairly certain it was getting beat on wakeup by cage d4 but i know it low profiles a few mids (which is why i was using it for force blast)
It can be low profiled, which I don't care about that part is fine. There are other times where the move completely goes through the opponents body and you can be punished rather then being at -5. That is my problem with the move.

I totally can get behind these changes but for me I guess I feel pretty blessed with D3 being such a fucking great poke. I'm not saying I have problems getting out of big pressure but as a go-to, it's not a bad option by itself. You're right though, having armour on wakeup alone makes little sense.
d3 is stupid, I love it.

Let's say there are times when your options are block, back dash and armor.
Rather then blocking for days, you can back dash and armor. But with how inconsistent the force blast is, it ends up being a waste of the meter since you are punished anyways. So you are left with block and back dash. Which I am still fine with. It does make your defence game a little more predictable. But why not have the same armor options that the rest of the cast have?

Big D

Relevant In An Irrelevant Time
Ermac needs either one of the following in order to be considered completely viable:

Option A) Make b34 -5 instead of being full combo punished by most of the cast.
Option B) Keep all frame data the same, but make b32 special cancellable.
Option C) Give Ermac armor on raw ex teleport.

Theres absolutely no reason he cant have one of the changes done. If Kenshi can be given all those changes, why not poor Ermac..

Last edited:

Afumba

Noob
For MoS i agree with zaf that he is probably stronger than mid tier. Its in my oppinion one of the most well balanced variations in the game too.
Only changes i can think of that would be nice are
- ex-burst hitbox wider (so you cant low profile it) & doing 10% damage
- ex vanish should have armor during his re-appear animation or the same immunity thing he has when he disappears

For Mystic and Spectral... still think they need help. Calling them great midtier is flattering for them & its thing they probably never heard before... for Spectral for sure.

Oh... and i still would like to see b2 changed... i´d prefer the unblockable back... but i would take anything than how it is now.

I think always armor on ex teleport might break him. He could use it to armor through strings with a gap which leads to 35-40% damage or a vortex setup.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
It can be low profiled, which I don't care about that part is fine. There are other times where the move completely goes through the opponents body and you can be punished rather then being at -5. That is my problem with the move.
If i just mash d4 on your wake up you can spend a bar to do nothing though, and if you are gonna wake up blocking low then its serious. I think ermac would be awesome with a properly working armoured special, but if its not gonna do tons of damage it needs to be safe. A lot of shit in this game is braindead and ermac is not on that list, but defensively he is very lacking and its fair to assume people will abuse it unless they fix it.

LRK128

TEST - YOU'RE WHITE!
I also agree that MoS is very viable. Also if you're god you can hitconfirm his B3 :DOGE

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
He needs a slight buff I would say.

Almost everyone has an armored move that can take more than 1 hit and convert it into a 30% combo. What does Ermac have? An easily dodged Soul burst that converts into nothing and does an amazing 5% damage.

oh and he also needs a masked costume also :DOGE

zaf said:
I don't feel ermac is a zoning character in master of souls variation. I'd say he is a rush down anti zones.
I agree he isnt a zoner in MoS and he is a rush down but Full Auto Jacki zoning blows him up. It's so difficult to get in on her because her gun kills your 1 hit wake up EX-tp armor. It is faster than the soul ball and faster than the vanish.

Slymind

Noob
I like seeing Ermac, currently Nikolass' is amazing for instance, his MoS variation seems really solid, but i don't see any of the other two, do Mystic and Spectral have a future?

ermac in mk10 is much solid then in mk9. having said that im not sure i want to main a mid-tier character till mk11 comes out, which probably would be like 5 to 6 years. im not into Injustice.
i have so many issues with MK10 ermac that i dont even know where to start. And mind you, this is not *itching, this is solid observation and careful mathematical and methodical analysis of his framedata and gameplay...
let me repeat myself for probably a hundredth time... variations... please, for fraks sake, make spektral and mystic viable. they are so underpowered, especially compared to MoS that im not even goin' into specifics...
as many have already said, my main issue is why oh why im going mazochist here and playing a character who literally suffers from "no armor" syndrome, like he did in mk9. Johnny and Kabal's and sonya and what not, these rushdowns characters' pressure was unbearable in mk9...
now, they give us an armor on ex-force blast, which misses half of the time, does just 5% damage and cannot be comboed (practically)... well, thanks obama.
as many above me have already said, ermac needs armor on ex-tp or ex-lift. this will make him so much viable, that just this one buff will probably silience all naysayers like me.
TL: DR. gifff ermacc bufffsss, he neeeds it.

Last edited:

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
ermac in mk10 is much solid then in mk9. having said that im not sure i want to main a mid-tier character till mk11 comes out, which probably would be like 5 to 6 years. im not into Injustice.
i have so many issues with MK10 ermac that i dont even know where to start. And mind you, this is not *itching, this is solid observation and careful mathematical and methodical analysis of his framedata and gameplay...
let me repeat myself for probably a hundredth time... variations... please, for fraks sake, make spektral and mystic viable. they are so underpowered, especially compared to MoS that im not even goin' into specifics...
as many have already said, my main issue is why oh why im going mazochist here and playing a character who literally suffers from "no armor" syndrome, like he did in mk9. Johnny and Kabal's and sonya and what not, these rushdowns characters' pressure was unbearable in mk9...
now, they give us an armor on ex-force blast, which misses half of the time, does just 5% damage and cannot be comboed (practically)... well, thanks obama.
as many above me have already said, ermac needs armor on ex-tp or ex-lift. this will make him so much viable, that just this one buff will probably silience all naysayers like me.
TL: DR. gifff ermacc bufffsss, he neeeds it.
Agreed. If anything, if NRS doesnt want to change too too much, I say just this simple change:

I would actually like to simply see a switch of the armor properties of the soul burst and the EX-tp.
Such that Soul burst has armor on wake up and EX-tp has armor on wake and just regularly (like the current soul burst)

This simple change would mean that you can stop someone's pressure and get a combo out of it and you can do the same on wake up or opt for a soul burst to just get them off of you.

zaf

professor
For MoS i agree with zaf that he is probably stronger than mid tier. Its in my oppinion one of the most well balanced variations in the game too.
Only changes i can think of that would be nice are
- ex-burst hitbox wider (so you cant low profile it) & doing 10% damage
- ex vanish should have armor during his re-appear animation or the same immunity thing he has when he disappears
For Mystic and Spectral... still think they need help. Calling them great midtier is flattering for them & its thing they probably never heard before... for Spectral for sure.
Oh... and i still would like to see b2 changed... i´d prefer the unblockable back... but i would take anything than how it is now.
I think always armor on ex teleport might break him. He could use it to armor through strings with a gap which leads to 35-40% damage or a vortex setup.
Maybe that could just be it... Making EX burst wider. Kinda like the size that the ex air blast takes up....
That is the only thing that could be a problem with giving ex teleport armor. He will be able to get combos on gaps in strings and get some nice damage of it, then into a vortex. But there are a lot of characters that are already doing this... So I dont know what to say.....
Chars I can think of off the top of my head: Cassie, kung jin, kenshi, Erron Black, KL, Raiden.Scorpion.
All have armored launcher into combo.

Almost everyone has an armored move that can take more than 1 hit and convert it into a 30% combo. What does Ermac have? An easily dodged Soul burst that converts into nothing and does an amazing 5% damage.

I agree he isnt a zoner in MoS and he is a rush down but Full Auto Jacki zoning blows him up. It's so difficult to get in on her because her gun kills your 1 hit wake up EX-tp armor. It is faster than the soul ball and faster than the vanish.
He doesn't need a buff. He just needs his current armored moves to be re-worked so that they ACTUALLY work. ( In MoS variation)
He does not necessarily need to be given a combo off of his meter. I just want something that works. I only suggested ex teleport because it currently works very well on wake up. So I dont see why it would not work standing.

You are not playing full auto jacqui match up right dude. I can guarantee it. One of my training partners is a jacqui player and it is not difficult to get in on her at all. You have a teleport. You can walk forward and crouch the gun and at your max lift range you can punish her once the bullets are over your head. If they want to beat this out by doing ex missile after to beat your Push, then jump over it or teleport on it. If you think they want to shoot a gun, trade with a soulball. Dont wait until you see them shoot the guns, because then obviously the soul ball wont come out. This has to be on a read...

I don't understand why you think it is hard to get in on jacqui, on your wake up because of her guns? Like this makes zero sense..... But nothing new coming from you =P

I like seeing Ermac, currently Nikolass' is amazing for instance, his MoS variation seems really solid, but i don't see any of the other two, do Mystic and Spectral have a future?
Only time will tell. We need to wait and find more match ups these two can work.
Mystic is too negative to work right now. I mean kenshi got re-worked. Maybe mystic will too

Afumba

Noob
Ermac needs either one of the following in order to be considered completely viable:

Option A) Make b34 -5 instead of being full combo punished by most of the cast.
Option B) Keep all frame data the same, but make b31 special cancellable.
Option C) Give Ermac armor on raw ex teleport.

Theres absolutely no reason he cant have one of the changes done. If Kenshi can be given all those changes, why not poor Ermac..
I would like option A & B (thats if you meant b34 in B as well :) ); dislike options C though.

I honestly think Ermac is one of the characters that has enough tools to get in on her. SoulBall, teleport, jump vanish, jump airblast & neutral crouch should be enough tools. Especially from further away you can react out of some options.