What's new

Announcement Coming "Soon" for Next Week's Kombat Kast W/ an Unannounced Special Guest Joining

Cassie Cyrus

Have you ever seen the Rain?
Maybe instead of a useless KK we get an actual trailer this time? A very big one with D'Vorah, Kano, Cassandra, Johnny, Liu Kang, Kung Lao, Kitana and a new character in it? That would speed up stuff.

Cassie Cyrus

They will keep doing the Kombat Kast. But you can choose not to tune in and just watch the trailers when they hit youtube.
I just meant this week, as there hasn't been any form of note about this weeks Kast yet, so maybe we get a BIG trailer this time, not a very small one-person trailer the KK always give us.

Kratilim

Noob
I'd expect them so show two characters this week though, at least. They've done something to grab ppls attention every week. Maybe not directly MK11 related (MK mobile), but still. They've teased this weeks Kast to be special and Boon has been fairly active on twitter, so I hope we'll get something this week.

(pls don't only be renders)

Cassie Cyrus

I just don't think they EVER gonna show two new characters during the kombat kasts, the battle for the belt is just so much more important ;-)

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
I just don't think they EVER gonna show two new characters during the kombat kasts
They did indeed say they wouldn't reveal more than one character a Kombat Kast, and also that not all Kombat Kasts will necessarily have a new character revealed.

That doesn't mean they can't put up trailers or reveal other characters at other times that's not at Kombat Kast though.

That was a lot of negatives in one sentence, I thought you'd appreciate that. ;P

_CHINOCUDEIRO_

Machakabotones
They did indeed say they wouldn't reveal more than one character a Kombat Kast, and also that not all Kombat Kasts will necessarily have a new character revealed.

That doesn't mean they can't put up trailers or reveal other characters at other times that's not at Kombat Kast though.

That was a lot of negatives in one sentence, I thought you'd appreciate that. ;P
I don´t get the point to reveal a character withOUT a kombatkast of it. Why? .
I mean.... WHY??

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
I don´t get the point to reveal a character withOUT a kombatkast of it. Why? .
I mean.... WHY??
I dunno. They say they got some things planned, but what that is, I have no idea. I do wish they went through every character on a Kombat Kast, but maybe they don't have the time this time around.

Either way, as long we see some gameplay of the characters in some trailers, I'm good. When the game comes out we'll find out what they can do anyways.

I wouldn't worry too much. I'm guessing they're condensing the marketing to the final weeks before release. .
My concerns would be allayed by two confirmations:
1) That the game is indeed on [development] schedule, and that the oozing treacle speed of the reveals is a deliberate marketing decision and one that has nothing to do with how much they could reveal...
2) That ALL CONTENT WILL BE ACCESSIBLE BY PLAYER-2 IN OFFLINE VERSUS MODE!

Failing those two points being elucidated, I find it difficult not to be a least somewhat concerned... 'cause logic and experience. I'm not even that interested in having all the content spoiled -- April 23 will be here tomorrow. I just want to be assured there won't be another SFV or SCVI launch that kills the game in utero... /!\

Kratilim

Noob
My concerns would be allayed by two confirmations:
1) That the game is indeed on [development] schedule, and that the oozing treacle speed of the reveals is a deliberate marketing decision and one that has nothing to do with how much they could reveal...

April 23 will be here tomorrow. I just want to be assured there won't be another SFV or SCVI launch that kills the game in utero... /!\
I get the concerns you're bringing up. But I want to be more optimistic. With the let down of so many games lately, I want/have to think that NRS will not follow that trend. NRS has never to my knowledge under-delivered at launch. MK9, INJ, MKX and INJ2 were great games when they released. So I'm optimistic that they're fine atm and that its simply a marketing strategy. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe I'm not. Who knows... Time will tell.

Cassie Cyrus

Not showing a new character during every KK has me worried though, I mean, do we get to see already revealed characters like D'Vorah and Kano on those days? OR they simply just fight for that pathetic belt the entire show? Like, what do they mean with that?

This is something I really hope will happen. If not, then I'll just have to unlock everything twice.
That's the least of the problems, if it follows the IJ2 model -- i.e., no "load-out" content was usable on player-2 side, offline (except in training mode... for whatever hair-brained reason) -- PERIOD.

Unlocking any content x2 is a much of a muchness... IF IT'S POSSIBLE TO DO SO. The problem in NRS's last game was the lack of either a shared profile (à la IJ1) or just traditional accessibility to all content, in applicable offline modes, for both players (as in MKX). On console, this was annoying -- with local competitive play requiring a separate profile to be signed in (for any non default content to be used) -- and game-breaking on PC, where no secondary profile could be used at all... A system, BTW, that effectively locked out three of the four TMNT DLC characters from player-2 offline use! (*they were locked to the load-outs and P2 could only ever access the default, Leonardo) ...Veritable grounds for refund of said content, if not the entire game, had anyone given enough of whit to follow it up. >_>

So, yeah... This issue should be of import for anyone planning to ever play this fighting game via the genre's most staple functionality: offline versus mode. Especially so, seeing as how NRS seem to lose the faculties of hearing and speech, once their games are released into the wild...(!)

Last edited:

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Shit like this makes me want more of their surprises to get leaked, because it seems like they haven't learned a thing.

Aside from all the other absurd things you said in this post that I removed, I'd like to know what lesson exactly NRS needs to be "learning"? Their games (namely MK) outsell every other fighter on the market. They have everyone talking and speculating about the game. The smallest tease causes threads with hundreds of replies on here and every other form of social media.

Seriously....are people this bent out of shape because a precious hour of their lives might be "wasted" on a reveal that their dick doesn't get hard for?

NRS has nothing to learn. No other fighting game developer does what they do for their fans. Every week leading up to a release, we get an in depth look at at least one new fighter. The best you can hope for from Capcom, for example, would be some shitty 90 second trailer.

If some of you people are truly unhappy about the way NRS handles their reveals, don't buy the game.

Here's another leaked spoiler for you though - you'll buy the game like everyone else.

Last edited:
The belt battle is the tradition of the Kombat Kast, it's not great gameplay I agree, but it's fun to see them fight, especially when they use the revealed character.

Also, please NRS, do not spoil the character before showing us the trailer. Usually we know who is about to be revealed (with all the hints), but there is always a slight doubt. For the Jade reveal, 16bits said "Jade is back" before the trailer, I know he wanted to reveal her, but please next time show the trailer first before talking about the character, it kills a bit of the hype. When a trailer start there is the "Mortal Kombat 11" logo that fades into the "(name of the character) reveal" with the catchy music, don't say anything about who the new character is and the trailer will be hype as fuck.

Slymind

Noob
The belt battle is the tradition of the Kombat Kast, it's not great gameplay I agree, but it's fun to see them fight, especially when they use the revealed character.
Also, please NRS, do not spoil the character before showing us the trailer. Usually we know who is about to be revealed (with all the hints), but there is always a slight doubt. For the Jade reveal, 16bits said "Jade is back" before the trailer, I know he wanted to reveal her, but please next time show the trailer first before talking about the character, it kills a bit of the hype. When a trailer start there is the "Mortal Kombat 11" logo that fades into the "(name of the character) reveal" with the catchy music, don't say anything about who the new character is and the trailer will be hype as fuck.
This, show the trailer without us knowing in advance who is It. On the reveal trailer people "wowed" at Baraka and Skarlett because of the suprise factor.

Also i must agree with the complaints about the slow pace of the reveals. Feels like NRS is being a diva about the whole thing.

Last edited:

mikeraskol

Beverly Hills High Class of 2010 Valedictorian
Also i must agree with the complaints about the slow pace of the reveals. Feels like NRS is being a diva about the whole thing.
I mean, this is just ridiculous. They are being a diva because the hardest of hardcore don't like their reveal schedule?

Have they specified the date and time this kast is going to be this week yet?
My inside NRS sources tell me its likely Thursday at 4pm EST, 3pm CST.

I mean, this is just ridiculous. They are being a diva because the hardest of hardcore don't like their reveal schedule?

My inside NRS sources tell me its likely Thursday at 4pm EST, 3pm CST.
By inside source you mean the fact that almost every single Kast has been the same day and time