What's new

Announcement Coming "Soon" for Next Week's Kombat Kast W/ an Unannounced Special Guest Joining

Kratilim

Noob
I wouldn't be worried about the reveals honestly. They'll most likely cram them into the month before release. Also wouldn't surprise me if they don't show gameplay of every character. And I wouldn't mind, meens more surprises when you buy and play the game. And some of you are setting yourself up for disappointment the way you're hoping for shang or the like. There's no way of knowing who the guest is. Just wait and see. And even if in the end they've only shown 2/3 of the roster, we all know most, if not all of us will buy the game anyway. Why noy keep some content a surprise for yourself?

Agilaz

It has begun
As I've posted before, reveal cycles like this are becoming very tiring. Yes, I'm hyped for the game, but this drip feed of information does more harm than good in my opinion.

Besides the fact we still don't officially know over half the roster, the fact that we don't have some basic information like "ARE CUSTOM VARIATIONS RANKED/TOURNEY LEGAL" is a major bummer. I can't speak for everybody, but not having this piece of info makes me watch the Kombat Kasts with a degree of worry. It's probably all the I2 flashbacks that happen:

OH SHIT THAT MOVE LOOKS COOL

..oh wait it's a non-standard ability, guess I'll never use it.

Part of me wants to skip out on all the reveals and Kombat Kasts until the beta at the very least. It's just undue stress at this point. If they do one on Shang Tsung I'll watch it, if not, all the more reason to go dark.

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy
This is kind of needlessly condescending.

Here’s a shocking thought, what if a lot of people find joy and fun in watching a good game played well?

Why do you think so many people watch competitive play?

I don’t get how watching people who love that game and are also good at it, is less fun than watching people who love the game but aren’t good at it?

If anything seeing all the crazy combos and clutch plays from high level stuff is more fun than someone fumbling to do the same special move three times in a row and dropping every potentially cool and entertaining combo.
Nah, you're just a joyless motherfucker

Cassie Cyrus

Have you ever seen the Rain?
Ah, next reveal is probably just Johnny Cage, I'm gonna sleep through that one. I like Johnny, but not the MKX johnny, and he probably returns with his ugly outfit. Next.

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
Ah, next reveal is probably just Johnny Cage, I'm gonna sleep through that one. I like Johnny, but not the MKX johnny, and he probably returns with his ugly outfit. Next.
I mean, that's what customization is for. If you think NRS fucked up his default, you can make the Johnny of your dreams with skins + shaders + gear.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
I love Mortal Kombat for it's aesthetic, don't get me wrong, but really?

You care so much about how a character looks and their personality that you'd miss out on gameplay of a new character altogether?

What if he plays exactly how you like to fight?

That's just so crazy to me. I guess everyone just plays characters for different reasons.

Cassie Cyrus

It’s more like, I liked Johnny until MKX, and I’m sure he’s still this boring familyman in MK11, rather see another character reveal than him or any other MK1 character.

JDM

Noob
I wouldn't be worried about the reveals honestly. They'll most likely cram them into the month before release. Also wouldn't surprise me if they don't show gameplay of every character. And I wouldn't mind, meens more surprises when you buy and play the game. And some of you are setting yourself up for disappointment the way you're hoping for shang or the like. There's no way of knowing who the guest is. Just wait and see. And even if in the end they've only shown 2/3 of the roster, we all know most, if not all of us will buy the game anyway. Why noy keep some content a surprise for yourself?
Because I still don't have a character
If I wasn't a competitive player I would no doubt not be buying atm.

Cassie Cyrus

Meanwhile, in the other thread you're complaining that we might see Johnny as he was before MKX, in MK11's story mode...?

Lol.
Yes as one Johnny in story mode is enough, I do want a naked upper-body younger model for johnny in the normal game, just not in the story.