What's new

Announcement Coming "Soon" for Next Week's Kombat Kast W/ an Unannounced Special Guest Joining

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
Not in this life.

That spot was Fujin's and you know it.
It actually wasn't and we should all know it lmao. No character got chosen over another last minute. You know how long it takes to get licensing for characters like Leatherface etc, and then how long it takes to then make those character animations and all? Fujin was never going to be DLC. If ANY character had ANY possibility to be DLC, it'd be Rain, but the DLC is set in stone. Like, the DLC for MK11 is already set in stone and made right now.

There are no 'last minute changes'. Stuff like that is decided WAY ahead of time.

I wouldn't be worried about the reveals honestly. They'll most likely cram them into the month before release. Also wouldn't surprise me if they don't show gameplay of every character. And I wouldn't mind, meens more surprises when you buy and play the game. And some of you are setting yourself up for disappointment the way you're hoping for shang or the like. There's no way of knowing who the guest is. Just wait and see. And even if in the end they've only shown 2/3 of the roster, we all know most, if not all of us will buy the game anyway. Why noy keep some content a surprise for yourself?
Because they have a DLC pack that they want people to pre order without knowing who is in it.

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
I think it would be cool if it was the actor who played Shang Tsung in the 1995 movie, presenting Shang Tsung in MK11 with a skin that looks like him. That would be fucking nuts

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I'm so torn. On the one hand everything you're saying is exactly what I've said to others a million times across all sorts of fandoms and hobbies and whatever.

On the other hand I can't help but feel like NRS deserves exactly this kind of response for how god damn vague they're being. We're two months away from release and we've only seen gameplay from 9/26 characters. (The vast majority of it is still from the Reveal 7.)

When Tyler was asked about custom variations in competitive ladder play the other day, you know what his response was? "We haven't talked about that yet." Like, wtf??? That really ticked me off. Basic questions about your gameplay shouldn't be part of your god damn marketing in the first place. Just answer the damn

Then what's their reasoning behind only revealing one new character per stream? "There isn't enough time to do more." But hey let's waste half an hour on a shittier version of a breakdown K&M already did better, which is extra useless in the context of we still have no idea how variations actually work in MK11, and then let's spend another 20 minutes playing 1v1 blindfolded. Makes sense?

And now they're bringing in a "guest." Maybe the fatality lady from the office down the hall, maybe Cary-Hiroyuki, maybe the janitor. Tune in to find out if it's worth your time to tune in or not.

Shit like this makes me want more of their surprises to get leaked, because it seems like they haven't learned a thing.
I applaud this post.

And I love everything I've seen of the game so far, but holy shit if the troll tease "will we? Won't we? Teeheehee" format isn't the biggest turnoff there is.

we've only seen gameplay from 9/26 characters. (The vast majority of it is still from the Reveal 7) [...] When Tyler was asked about custom variations in competitive ladder play the other day, you know what his response was? "We haven't talked about that yet." Like, wtf??? [...] gameplay shouldn't be part of your god damn marketing in the first place [...] what's their reasoning behind only revealing one new character per stream? "There isn't enough time to do more." But hey let's waste half an hour on a shittier version...
For mine, two(2) character reveals, from here on in, would be acceptable. If there are any major modes ('Konquest' / 'Shaolin Monks') or functionalities (tag play), I'd be okay with them skipping a char. reveal for something like thus. However, at a rate of none or one char. per week, the roster will remain more secretive than the once-secret Fatality input commands(!), and the DLC will be a literal "[to be continued...]" -- i.e., buying the "deluxe" version hinges solely on Shao Kahn's presence.

To be frank, my biggest concern is that their coquettish reveal schedule might indicated that they are behind schedule and, therefore, in rush to get everything done upon release. Meaning that we can expect bugs, glitches, performance issues, unbalanced characters (and not just in a "Kahn's busted" kind of way)... It also calls into question how they guesstimate their release dates -- predicated upon past development timelines?... Hasn't MK11 been on Frankenstein's operating table for 3~4 years? Conversely, and to be fair, the game isn't using a new game engine (as was initially assumed) -- lending weight to the idea that development will be smoother this, the third time around.

Anyhow, I'd give it another month / x4 Kombat Kasts, and if they're still I.V. drip-feeding us vacillation and vagaries, we can let the Tarkata of war slip. For now, we probably owe them the benefit of the doubt... maybe.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Would be awesome if Cary was the special guest confirming Shang, I don't think anyone would see that coming and fans would lose their shit.

Kratilim

Noob
For mine, two(2) character reveals, from here on in, would be acceptable. If there are any major modes ('Konquest' / 'Shaolin Monks') or functionalities (tag play), I'd be okay with them skipping a char. reveal for something like thus. However, at a rate of none or one char. per week, the roster will remain more secretive than the once-secret Fatality input commands(!), and the DLC will be a literal "[to be continued...]" -- i.e., buying the "deluxe" version hinges solely on Shao Kahn's presence.

To be frank, my biggest concern is that their coquettish reveal schedule might indicated that they are behind schedule and, therefore, in rush to get everything done upon release. Meaning that we can expect bugs, glitches, performance issues, unbalanced characters (and not just in a "Kahn's busted" kind of way)... It also calls into question how they guesstimate their release dates -- predicated upon past development timelines?... Hasn't MK11 been on Frankenstein's operating table for 3~4 years? Conversely, and to be fair, the game isn't using a new game engine (as was initially assumed) -- lending weight to the idea that development will be smoother this, the third time around.

Anyhow, I'd give it another month / x4 Kombat Kasts, and if they're still I.V. drip-feeding us vacillation and vagaries, we can let the Tarkata of war slip. For now, we probably owe them the benefit of the doubt... maybe.
I wouldn't worry too much. I'm guessing they're condensing the marketing to the final weeks before release. Fans are going to be hyped whatever you do. But regular gamers and other ppl? Its hard to keep hyped for longer than a few weeks. So I think there's going to be a big marketing pudh closer to release. I remember hearing boon or a dev mention the difficulty of marketing for months somewhere. Other games do the same thing, you always see a massive push close to release, and hardly more than a trailer or two before then.

Would be awesome if Cary was the special guest confirming Shang, I don't think anyone would see that coming and fans would lose their shit.
Don’t think anyone would see it coming?? Bruh, I have made a petition for that like 3 weeks ago, and Cary Tagawa actually retweeted that)

MKF30

Don’t think anyone would see it coming?? Bruh, I have made a petition for that like 3 weeks ago, and Cary Tagawa actually retweeted that)
Well, the general gamers I mean. I told a few of my friends who game a lot but play FG here and there, they were surprised to hear it when I liked the tweet he made.

Aramonde

Noob
I'd rather have a stream for casual players and have a K&M video for the competitive players. NRS should just hire them as part of the marketing team.

Cassie Cyrus

Have you ever seen the Rain?
I’d rather see awesome trailers (no Briggs and Cage family bullshit though) for the characters instead of those amature streams. One week they learn about subtitles for the intro’s, the next week they already forgot about them again. They seem to be more into themselves than the actual characters, nobody cares about that belt thing, I’d rather see some more Steve playing the game.

Last edited:
nrs marketing strategies have always been shit. dont you remember the pain of mkx when all hands-on action you saw in 6 months were super-casual youtubers playing test your luck? i also remember boon saying that they think it creates hype to have super-dry streaks with barely any information - well, i think differently.

only cool campaign they ever did was for injustice with the fake tournament where you could vote for the winner of a given matchup. then actual good players created a pre recorded show match which really showed off the characters.

Error404

Noob
nrs marketing strategies have always been shit. dont you remember the pain of mkx when all hands-on action you saw in 6 months were super-casual youtubers playing test your luck? i also remember boon saying that they think it creates hype to have super-dry streaks with barely any information - well, i think differently.

only cool campaign they ever did was for injustice with the fake tournament where you could vote for the winner of a given matchup. then actual good players created a pre recorded show match which really showed off the characters.
100% This.

This dumb marketing is just making me feel like the game isn't done. There are already tournaments announced , and NRS still contradicts yourselves on the competetive rules? Wack. Also wanting me to pre-order 7 characters , non of which I've seen. Hell 6 of which I don't even know? Come on...

MKF30

I wouldn't say "dumb marketing" but could be improved, however on the other hand NRS doesn't have to show us shit but when you're spoonfed, I guess people get greedy and entitled. Like the whining from the mobile stream alone makes me sick honestly. They're not going to reveal all the DLC out of the basket, they never did that so I don't expect that to change now. I personally don't want them to show us everything otherwise it spoils the surprise for a lot of things. I can't complain on their season pass as it is actually worth it as oppose to SF, DB etc that rip you off among other games.

Lokheit

Noob
Kinda surprised they still haven't announced anything for this week. If the date is on thursday again, you'd think they'd at least confirm the date by now...
Yeah, I was wondering the same thing, they never said a day, at least I can't find it anywhere. If it was today a lot of people won't know until it's too late.

Cassie Cyrus

Have you ever seen the Rain?
I don't even bother/or-are-shocked if they don't have a Kombat Kast this week, everything has been so freaking slow about this game... Tyler probably has a nose bleed or something, so they can't show this week. Lol ;-)

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
12 days since last reveal..... 57 days to release day and still almost 3/4 roster to kast,.... WTF is happening??
yep .... what the hell with this schedule anyway ? NRS, we, fans and customers of your franchise, would be very pleased with more emphasis on MK11 promotion , all right ? Just give us a at least a reveal per week until the game release , time is running up , the clock is ticking !! :mad: