What's new

Announcement Coming "Soon" for Next Week's Kombat Kast W/ an Unannounced Special Guest Joining

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Everyone already did last week lol. Most important question Imo
:oops:

Why do they do all this work and hype us up with a reveal just to dodge soft ball questions... do they seriously not know the answer? It has to be customs at this point with everything revolving around the slot system, if its not then its clearly just going to be NRS picking their favorite custom variations a week before release, not necessarily the most balanced ones...

_CHINOCUDEIRO_

Machakabotones
Because they are also selling exclusive reveals to pro sites, like IGN who got to reveal Kung Lao and Reptile for MKX.
They can (if they want) give this exclusive reveal videos to this sites.... and make a kombatkast with this chars in a kombatkast days after
There is plenty of chars that can be in a kombatkast, my worries are the number of kombatkast left until the launch date

SenSx

Noob
They can (if they want) give this exclusive reveal videos to this sites.... and make a kombatkast with this chars in a kombatkast days after
There is plenty of chars that can be in a kombatkast, my worries are the number of kombatkast left until the launch date
Even if they decided to reveal one character peer week from now on, there would still not be enough time to reveal every one lol.

_CHINOCUDEIRO_

Machakabotones
Even if they decided to reveal one character peer week from now on, there would still not be enough time to reveal every one lol.
That´s the point.
It´s absurd to have chars deeply analized in a kombat kast and chars with a simple promotional reveal video
The full rosted should have the same "promotion" , IMO

RothVI

d2 Spammer
Or they could have a secondary source reveal a character and then reveal another character for the Kombat Kast and then go over both ala Jade and Baraka or Kabal and Geras

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
I wished they just removed Derek and Tyler from the KK and replaced them with Ketchup and Mustard. They were swift to replace some good voice actors, these two aren’t really missed and K & M are legendary.
Yup. Let's just fire Derek and Tyler and bring in the twins all the way from the UK.

Look, I love the twins. They are my favorite MK content creators and it's absolutely not even close. Having said that, Derek and Tyler appeal to the casuals more. NRS listened when we said we wanted to see higher level play. What have we gotten since? 16 Bit on every single Kast alongside Dizzy, PimPimJim, SaucyJack etc.

Derek and Tyler still have their matches, but who cares? Shit, if it bothers you that much, TURN THE KOMBAT KAST OFF WHEN THEY PLAY.

Seriously, I have never seen more complaints for a fucking game that looks amazing in my life. It makes me sick just reading these stupid complaints every day on here. Who gives a shit WHO hosts the Kombat Kast? Derek and Tyler are likable guys, and regardless of how many combos they drop, they clearly love the game and are passionate about it.

All I care about is seeing who is revealed. Honestly, I've love to see what some of you psychopaths would do if NRS said there will be no more reveals and "we'll see you all on 4/23!" Oh wait, I know - you'd STILL BUY THE GAME.

I'd love it, personally. It would be amazing to see all these characters for the first time after installing the game. The roster doesn't concern me much. I'll always find several characters I enjoy playing. Many of the new members on TYM must just be new fans of MK, because no one appreciates the #1 thing that drew me toward MK in the first place - mystery.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
I've love to see what some of you psychopaths would do if NRS said there will be no more reveals and "we'll see you all on 4/23!"
Actually I would prefer this over "we have a plan but were not going to tell you it" then radio silence. If the plan is to wait for a 2nd big reveal event type of thing before launch or to wait until launch then just say so. They are giving off the impression that they are making up the pre release reveals week by week which is what is pissing most people off

Yup. Let's just fire Derek and Tyler and bring in the twins all the way from the UK.

Look, I love the twins. They are my favorite MK content creators and it's absolutely not even close. Having said that, Derek and Tyler appeal to the casuals more. NRS listened when we said we wanted to see higher level play. What have we gotten since? 16 Bit on every single Kast alongside Dizzy, PimPimJim, SaucyJack etc.

Derek and Tyler still have their matches, but who cares? Shit, if it bothers you that much, TURN THE KOMBAT KAST OFF WHEN THEY PLAY.

Seriously, I have never seen more complaints for a fucking game that looks amazing in my life. It makes me sick just reading these stupid complaints every day on here. Who gives a shit WHO hosts the Kombat Kast? Derek and Tyler are likable guys, and regardless of how many combos they drop, they clearly love the game and are passionate about it.

All I care about is seeing who is revealed. Honestly, I've love to see what some of you psychopaths would do if NRS said there will be no more reveals and "we'll see you all on 4/23!" Oh wait, I know - you'd STILL BUY THE GAME.

I'd love it, personally. It would be amazing to see all these characters for the first time after installing the game. The roster doesn't concern me much. I'll always find several characters I enjoy playing. Many of the new members on TYM must just be new fans of MK, because no one appreciates the #1 thing that drew me toward MK in the first place - mystery.
I'll go one farther and say that NRS is WAY ahead of the game in recognizing the value of high level play for marketing the game.

For 90% of the game industry reviewers/demoers are fucking AWFUL. It'd be like if sports cars previewed their machines on a full out racing track but only let people who can't work manual and stay 5 under the posted speedlimit drive them. It's insane to me how awful early gameplay footage is even of games that are exciting to watch.

NRS at least gets that having some good players show off what this looks like is hype as hell and a big draw to both comp and casuals rather than having some reviewer complain that throws are cheap while a streamer keeps losing because he spends 79% of every round reading donation comments and firing off radio sound effects.

Hell even outside of all of that Derek and Tyler are clearly passionate about the game and at least get it. The amount of complaining about shit you just don't even see in other titles here is absurd.

DubiousShenron

Beware my power.
I wished they just removed Derek and Tyler from the KK and replaced them with Ketchup and Mustard. They were swift to replace some good voice actors, these two aren’t really missed and K & M are legendary.
Sad but true. The free work K&M have done for nrs during this drought of information has been invaluable. NRS should do something special for them..

:oops:

Why do they do all this work and hype us up with a reveal just to dodge soft ball questions... do they seriously not know the answer? It has to be customs at this point with everything revolving around the slot system, if its not then its clearly just going to be NRS picking their favorite custom variations a week before release, not necessarily the most balanced ones...
The only two explanations I can think of are they don’t know or they think The answer is going to trigger us and they want to dedicate an entire stream explaining it when they announce it?

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
Derek and Tyler are fun and cool guys, they're good stuff for MK promotion, so, I say they should stay .... their function are to create hype and show the game from a more casual perspective vision, and not overcomplicate explanations regarding techinical stuff .... this part, we gonna do once the game come out, doing daily analysis and studying every single move frame from this game, this is what TYM was created for .... so, let's them do their job, promoting in a funny way the game, and let's other dudes with more passion and emphasys on techs and competitive aspects give us the competition info we need !

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Sad but true. The free work K&M have done for nrs during this drought of information has been invaluable. NRS should do something special for them..
NRS not only invited K&M to the London reveal, but let them play the game ahead of time, had them on commentary and allowed them to use all the footage taken at the event for their character breakdowns. I can't speak for Ketchup and Mustard, but I highly doubt they feel slighted whatsoever.

Once the game is released, they will be firing off content left and right that will get a shit ton of views. I'm not sure what else NRS should be doing for them.

Cassie Cyrus

Have you ever seen the Rain?
I mostly wouldn’t even care this much, wasn’t it for their tease style, just goddamn confess that you hate Rain and he’s again not in the game, he’s not even my favorite character, but teasing him in every freaking game and then giving nothing in the end is just getting annoying. Just tell us he’s out again and the annoyances stop.

BecomingDeath13

"You won't winter over?" Who the fuck wrote that?
All I know is I fucking died laughing when Burke cut back to Derek and Tyler and Tyler had his blindfold off. Like straight up just fucking lost it. I haven't laughed that hard in a while. If they keep doing shit like that for the belt battle, I'm all for it. I enjoy all the matches. Whether it's T&D or 16bit and Saucy Jack, it doesn't matter. Gameplay is gameplay.

^ That's Joe Nonentity -- an actor serving as a template for the new character -- SPOILER...

"Offal" (brother of "Meat").

:DOGE