What's new

Announcement Coming "Soon" for Next Week's Kombat Kast W/ an Unannounced Special Guest Joining

RothVI

d2 Spammer
Because we rarely see those parts of the NetherRealm development team, and it's exciting for them to put those people in the spotlight for once?
BTW why are some of you assuming it'll be Rousey or some other celeb who'll be there?? What could they possibly say or do to justify their appearance? The Kast streams are just a quick and mostly inexpensive way to reveal and show off the game, they're not these big deal marketing events like the MK Day Reveal was.
Yeah, for some reason after watching the clip I thought they were personally excited about the guest since one of the guys says he'd be waiting by the door. Now I think he could just be referring to what they're going to show off on stream.

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
Probably Grey Meta on Twitter she's the senior cinematic artist and they've talked about wanting her to be on one and talk about fatalities cause she works closely with those. Though Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa would be dope.

But, y'all gotta stop getting your hopes up for these reveals. They say they're excited about a guest and y'all immediately jump to a Shang Tsung reveal?? Then when that doesn't happen people are gonna get mad and blame NRS. Chill. Just wait and save the hype for when they start genuinely teasing and the day of stream. Stop setting your expectations so high and then letting yourself get disappointed. :rolleyes:
I'm so torn. On the one hand everything you're saying is exactly what I've said to others a million times across all sorts of fandoms and hobbies and whatever.

On the other hand I can't help but feel like NRS deserves exactly this kind of response for how god damn vague they're being. We're two months away from release and we've only seen gameplay from 9/26 characters. (The vast majority of it is still from the Reveal 7.)

When Tyler was asked about custom variations in competitive ladder play the other day, you know what his response was? "We haven't talked about that yet." Like, wtf??? That really ticked me off. Basic questions about your gameplay shouldn't be part of your god damn marketing in the first place. Just answer the damn

Then what's their reasoning behind only revealing one new character per stream? "There isn't enough time to do more." But hey let's waste half an hour on a shittier version of a breakdown K&M already did better, which is extra useless in the context of we still have no idea how variations actually work in MK11, and then let's spend another 20 minutes playing 1v1 blindfolded. Makes sense?

And now they're bringing in a "guest." Maybe the fatality lady from the office down the hall, maybe Cary-Hiroyuki, maybe the janitor. Tune in to find out if it's worth your time to tune in or not.

Shit like this makes me want more of their surprises to get leaked, because it seems like they haven't learned a thing.

Jhonnykiller45

Shirai Ryu
I'm so torn. On the one hand everything you're saying is exactly what I've said to others a million times across all sorts of fandoms and hobbies and whatever.

On the other hand I can't help but feel like NRS deserves exactly this kind of response for how god damn vague they're being. We're two months away from release and we've only seen gameplay from 9/26 characters. (The vast majority of it is still from the Reveal 7.)

When Tyler was asked about custom variations in competitive ladder play the other day, you know what his response was? "We haven't talked about that yet." Like, wtf??? That really ticked me off. Basic questions about your gameplay shouldn't be part of your god damn marketing in the first place. Just answer the damn

Then what's their reasoning behind only revealing one new character per stream? "There isn't enough time to do more." But hey let's waste half an hour on a shittier version of a breakdown K&M already did better, which is extra useless in the context of we still have no idea how variations actually work in MK11, and then let's spend another 20 minutes playing 1v1 blindfolded. Makes sense?

And now they're bringing in a "guest." Maybe the fatality lady from the office down the hall, maybe Cary-Hiroyuki, maybe the janitor. Tune in to find out if it's worth your time to tune in or not.

Shit like this makes me want more of their surprises to get leaked, because it seems like they haven't learned a thing.
Why don't you stop watching the Kasts, stop following NRS on social media, stop coming to TYM, and forget about the game if all of that bothers you so much?

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.

Honestly I wish they’d cut out Tyler and Derrick mashing at each other and replace it with another breakdown.

Like I get it that they want to have fun, but they can still do that off stream. No offense meant to them either.

Or just have 16bit fight other “competent” players so we can see what competitive matches might end up looking like. That’s almost as good as a reveal because at least we get to see the game in motion as it should be played.

mikeraskol

Beverly Hills High Class of 2010 Valedictorian
Please do not forget that this forum is not representative of the entire playbase. They are taking that into account when doing these casts.

They have the washed up warriors every cast to show what better players look like, and they have fun stuff that you're supposed to enjoy.

A lot of people are weirdly joyless.

Cassie Cyrus

Have you ever seen the Rain?
Please do not forget that this forum is not representative of the entire playbase. They are taking that into account when doing these casts.

They have the washed up warriors every cast to show what better players look like, and they have fun stuff that you're supposed to enjoy.

Oh look, another wannabe moderator.

How can you call so much people joyless? Did you follow them during their entire life? Why are we joyless for not liking the childish humor Derek and Tyler show us. I agree with the others above me, I want to see more serious play, and less blindfolded jokes.

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
Why don't you stop watching the Kasts, stop following NRS on social media, stop coming to TYM, and forget about the game if all of that bothers you so much?
Because I'm really looking forward to MK11?

These two things are not mutually exclusive. It is possible to simultaneously think that MK11 will be an amazing game, which Im sure it will, and that NRS's marketing is shit-tier and they deserve no sympathy for having the roster leaked. They're being incredibly greedy and trying to squeeze every last possible bit of juice out of most reveals right now. Only problem is it leaves no time at all to squeeze anything out of others and that's how we get the Kano and DVorah "reveals" but three weeks later still zero gameplay footage.

At this rate they literally will not have enough time to cover even half of the roster, even if every single week introduces a brand new character from this point on. Which it won't.

Last edited:

StormGoddess

Your mind tricks won't harm me!!!
If it does end up being her, then they might be showing D'Vorah. She was saying that D'Vorah had one of the grossest Fatalities ever, and I'm pretty sure she said she was the one who designed it and she was really excited about it.

Maybe they will do a D'Vorah and Kano combo to get them out of the way.
Gamer68, i'm pretty sure that it was your post but can you repost NRS reveals timeline for MK11 vs MKX? The pace seems oddly slow relative to the accelerated timeframe we are working with mk11.
currently we have
sonya
scorp
sub
geras
baraka
kano* - screenshot
skarlet
DVorah* - screenshot
Raiden
mkx i'm positive was much further along with reveals at this relative point, no?

Jhonnykiller45

Shirai Ryu
Because I'm really looking forward to MK11?

These two things are not mutually exclusive. It is possible to simultaneously think that MK11 will be an amazing game, which Im sure it will, and that NRS's marketing is shit-tier and they deserve no sympathy for having the roster leaked. They're being incredibly greedy and trying to squeeze every last possible bit of juice out of every single reveal. Except in the case of Kano and D'Vorah where their strategy randomly went to the other extreme and it was just like "there, see, this character exists. Get off our back."
Sure. But you should really spare yourself the trouble of getting angry over this.

Only problem is it leaves no time at all to squeeze anything out of others and that's how we get the Kano and DVorah "reveals" but three weeks later still zero gameplay footage.

At this rate they literally will not have enough time to cover even half of the roster, even if every single week introduces a brand new character from this point on. Which it won't.
They're going to reveal the full roster with gameplay before launch dude. They did it for IGAU, MKX, Injustice 2, why would it be any different here? Even if they don't post any official content for everyone there's still leaks and all that shit, every NRS game so far has had street date broken and full rosters/full story modes have been revealed weeks before launch. That particular point should be the least of anyone's concern.

Last edited:

Gamer68

Fujin!
Gamer68, i'm pretty sure that it was your post but can you repost NRS reveals timeline for MK11 vs MKX? The pace seems oddly slow relative to the accelerated timeframe we are working with mk11.
currently we have
sonya
scorp
sub
geras
baraka
kano* - screenshot
skarlet
DVorah* - screenshot
Raiden
mkx i'm positive was much further along with reveals at this relative point, no?
I don't remember posting a MKX vs. MK11 reveal timeline, I think that was someone else.

Gamer68

Fujin!
Mortal Kombat X reveal timeline:

2014 Reveals:
  • June 2 -- Game Reveal
  • June 10-13 -- E3 Gameplay Reveal and Demos
  • July 12 -- Raiden Reveal Trailer
  • August 11 -- Kano Reveal Trailer
  • September 5 -- Release date and Goro pre-order bonus revealed
  • October 2 -- Quan Chi Reveal Trailer
  • November 5 -- First Kombat Kast, no new reveals, just a test and going over old stuff like the E3 chars
  • December -- No Reveals
2015 Reveals:
  • January 2 -- Kung Lao Reveal (screenshots)
  • January 14 -- Kitana Reveal Trailer, also first gameplay for Kung Lao
  • January 27 -- Reptile Reveal Trailer
  • January 29 -- Kombat Kast, Ermac Reveal Trailer and Breakdown
  • February 4 -- Kollector's Edition and Gold Scorpion Skin Reveal
  • February 6 -- "Next" Trailer showing new modes for the first time, indirectly reveals characters
  • February 12 -- Kombat Kast, Kitana and Reptile Breakdowns, no new Reveals
  • February 26 -- Kombat Kast, Brutalities Reveal and Overview
  • February 27 -- Story Trailer, doesn't confirm who is playable but shows a lot of new Reveals
  • March 2 -- Mobile Game Trailer
  • March 3 -- Kenshi Revealed through Mobile Game
  • March 12 -- Cage Family Trailer, shows new gameplay for Johnny and Sonya. Mini-Bios released confirming Mileena as a playable character
  • March 13 -- Kombat Kast, Story Gameplay. First DLC character Jason Voorhees Revealed
  • March 17 -- Achievement List released
  • March 18 -- Behind The Scenes of Story Mode Trailer
  • March 19 -- Kombat Kast, Takeda and Mileena Gameplay. Quitality Revealed
  • March 21 -- DLC Officially Revealed, Jason, Tanya, Predator, Tremor and Samurai Skin Pack
  • March 22 -- Kold War Scorpion Skin Reveal
  • March 26 -- System of a Down Sneak Peek Trailer
  • March 27 -- Kombat Kast and Shaolin Trailer. Gameplay for Liu Kang, Kung Jin, Erron Black and new Story scenes
  • March 28 -- Erron Black Trailer
  • March 30 -- Mortal Kombat X TV Spot released
  • March 31 -- Future Raiden and Blue Steel Sub-Zero Skins Revealed
  • April 1 -- Briggs Family Trailer, Jax and Jacqui Gameplay and new Story scenes
  • April 2 -- First 25 Minutes of Story Mode Gameplay, Kombat Kast Mobile Stream
  • April 4 -- Goro Gameplay Trailer
  • April 6 -- Launch Trailer
  • April 8 -- Mobile game starts to go live
  • April 14 -- Game Launches
Also keep in-mind that this wasn't everything that happened. Between (or during in some cases) reveals, they would show concept art, new skins, behind the scenes footages, and teases like the Boot Tease. Not to mention there was a web series going on, the MKX Comic series started before the game was out, etc.

EDIT: I also may have missed some things. I went through the entire pre-release MKX news timeline on Mortal Kombat Online which was almost an entire year worth of MK news. It was a lot to take in.

@StormGoddess

Last edited:

Gamer68

Fujin!
Mortal Kombat 11 Reveals:

• December 6 -- Game Reveal Trailer and early Screenshots on Steam
  • January 7 -- Shao Kahn in-game screenshot
  • January 8 -- Raiden in-game screenshot
  • January 10 -- Cover Art Revealed
  • January 12 -- Scorpion in-game screenshot
  • January 15 -- Mortal Kombat X Mobile becomes Mortal Kombat Mobile reveal
  • January 17 -- Reveal Event, first Gameplay and Story stuff
  • January 18 -- Mortal Kombat 11 Evolution Featurette
  • January 25 -- MK11 Scorpion for Mobile Revealed
  • January 31 -- Kano Revealed, pretty much just screenshots/renders
  • February 5 -- Kombat Kast, Kabal Revealed w/ Gameplay, D'Vorah Revealed by render
  • February 8 -- MK11 Raiden for Mobile Revealed
  • February 14 -- Kombat Kast, Jade Revealed w/ Gameplay
  • February 21 -- Kombat Kast, Mobile Stream
That's been it so far. The biggest problem they have is using screenshots to reveal characters and focusing to much on Mobile. Like I'm sure there is a mobile fan base, and it's fine for them to show off the game, but there's still a lot we don't know about MK11 console and so they are pushing the mobile stuff too early.

@StormGoddess

Gamer68

Fujin!
Sorry for the third post in a row but the other two comments were pretty much just info dumps, so now I want to offer my opinion:

Mortal Kombat 11 reveal schedule has been dumb so far. I love seeing the game and I don't want to shit on the devs, but yes, these reveals are weird. Why so many screenshots? Why so much mobile stuff? Where's the concept art? Teases? I'm glad that they waited longer to reveal the game so we would have more consistent reveal schedule, but it's taking to long for them to really get into the good stuff.

Like damn, we still don't know the competitive variations.

StormGoddess

Your mind tricks won't harm me!!!

• January 17 -- Reveal Event, first Gameplay and Story stuff
  • February 5 -- Kombat Kast, Kabal Revealed w/ Gameplay, D'Vorah Revealed by render
  • February 14 -- Kombat Kast, Jade Revealed w/ Gameplay
That's been it so far. The biggest problem they have is using screenshots to reveal characters and focusing to much on Mobile. Like I'm sure there is a mobile fan base, and it's fine for them to show off the game, but there's still a lot we don't know about MK11 console and so they are pushing the mobile stuff too early.

@StormGoddess
You are awesome...thank you

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.

This is kind of needlessly condescending.

Here’s a shocking thought, what if a lot of people find joy and fun in watching a good game played well?

Why do you think so many people watch competitive play?

I don’t get how watching people who love that game and are also good at it, is less fun than watching people who love the game but aren’t good at it?

If anything seeing all the crazy combos and clutch plays from high level stuff is more fun than someone fumbling to do the same special move three times in a row and dropping every potentially cool and entertaining combo.

• February 5 -- D'Vorah Revealed by render
God tier marketing here

mikeraskol

Beverly Hills High Class of 2010 Valedictorian
This is kind of needlessly condescending.

Here’s a shocking thought, what if a lot of people find joy and fun in watching a good game played well?

Why do you think so many people watch competitive play?

I don’t get how watching people who love that game and are also good at it, is less fun than watching people who love the game but aren’t good at it?

If anything seeing all the crazy combos and clutch plays from high level stuff is more fun than someone fumbling to do the same special move three times in a row and dropping every potentially cool and entertaining combo.
The audience for competitive play is minuscule compared to the overall player base, especially at release. And they are giving you that with the washed up warriors stuff. You just want it all to be catered to what you want, and all I'm saying is that your perspective is not everyone's perspective. Anyone going out of their way to post on a forum like this should keep that in mind.

I think the same way when people are complaining about the speed of information release. If you're the hardcore of hardcore checking this forum everyday its like, yeah, where's the info. But for most people that will buy this game it is not an issue. Their overall strategy will always be focused on those people, that's what moves units.

Last edited:

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Didn't they say on the last (real) kombat kast that they would be having "special guests" like a bunch of other people they work with who want to show off cool things that they worked on?

So, I bet it's the fatality lady like someone was already saying.

it's definitely NOT gonna be a shang tsung reveal. Don't get me wrong, I'd love it if that were the case, but I doubt Shang's movie actor will ever be on a kombat kast. lol

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
Tyler’s brother Lanny and his Singaporean wife Soon-no are going to guest host the Kast, and get us hype over all the things they aren’t revealing yet.

trufenix

bye felicia
I just want to see D'vorah's fatality. If it's not as gross as they claim, I'm gonna have some rustled jimmies. =P
I keep saying I don't know how it could get grosser and they keep proving me wrong. We're gonna be watching Kabal jam that hooksword through people's jaws a hundred times a tournament.