What's new

About the "No Nerfs, Just Buffs" Thing...

colt

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
correct, no idea where the no nerfs, just buffs thing came from.

If there is something that is obviously out of wack in comparision to other characters or too far off from the original intention of the character, then we will than likely address it.

TBFT the whole intent with the flow of the game was to have all the characters feel borderline-OD./

KombatNerd

Justice 4 Firestorm
No one ever said that nerfing was forbidden. It depends what you nerf.

If you nerf Kano and Jade because online players believe knives and u+3 is the best thing since sliced bread, then you are making the game worse for everyone.
This is really for the misinformed people that ask "what happened to the no nerfs, just buffs thing"

The Gabriel

Mean Man
It really is a stark contrast though - Take the Ares situation: They could either nerf an already middle-of-the-pack character, or slightly buff Green Lantern's wake-up attack. NRS chose to nerf. That's the complete opposite of everything that they espoused leading up to the game's release.

MorbidAltruism

Get over here!
It really is a stark contrast though - Take the Ares situation: They could either nerf an already middle-of-the-pack character, or slightly buff Green Lantern's wake-up attack. NRS chose to nerf. That's the complete opposite of everything that they espoused leading up to the game's release.
Which is there latest choice... similar to abrogation. Things change. Honestly the game needs to be consistent. To keep it consistent they choose to nerf and buff things. Although I am probably missing the point. :16Bit

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
Are people stll having trouble with stage Interactives, other than Combos players have a hard time connecting me with them, and plus i find DS easy, do people not adapt, could be because i rejoined the FGC late, so everything was easy for me to adjust too

MorbidAltruism

Get over here!
I dont mind interactables anymore its just the damage i hate. Most of them do over 20% which is ridiculous. I think they should be half the damage personally. somewhere between 10-15% at the most.
I agree. That is the only gripe I have with the game. They are fine in the game, just a little too powerful.:16Bit

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Are people stll having trouble with stage Interactives, other than Combos players have a hard time connecting me with them, and plus i find DS easy, do people not adapt, could be because i rejoined the FGC late, so everything was easy for me to adjust too

I've been teaching people online how to fear the armored b3, that shit is ridiculous as an anti-wakeup tool.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
With the game only being out for 2 weeks, this shit shouldn't even be considered, yet. The only thing I see an issue with is interactable damage. That's it. Everything else seems fine and we need to wait to see what happens with the game.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
I dont mind interactables anymore its just the damage i hate. Most of them do over 20% which is ridiculous. I think they should be half the damage personally. somewhere between 10-15% at the most.
No, Bane needs them for 100% combos :(

Don't Nerf pls

NFI

Kitty Got Wet
What people need to do is instead of complaining, adapt. Let the developers do their job. They know what their doing. And if they don't know what their doing, then us, the community, are here for them. But for now, lets wait and see what happens.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Don't nerf the interactables. That's just like asking to nerf something in MK9 Tag mode(not fixing the glitches, I mean actually nerfing a character 'cause he/she's too good in Tag)

Just disable it in tourny play and make me and a few others happy. Even though the interactables are a big part in my game. I still think they're an easy scapegoat.

SatsuiYesHadou

Yung Kneecaps
Seriously nothing needs to be changed about the game. You guys are wanting to ruin this game even when its still fresh out. Instead of learning everyone here obviously wants to be a free with a free ride through everything. For example with supes, if you don't know how to get out of f23 super breath that's +1 on block or how to not get pinned into a corner which is so easy to get out of in this game then that's kinda sad. Also people complain about deathstroke when he's easily nothing close to being the best in the game from what I've seen. The characters aren't braindead the people are

AYSAMO

Noob
It's not so much the damage as the ability to meterburn interactables. Just why... Otherwise I think they're fine.

JLU51306

Bzzzt *Paging Doctor Fate*
Certain things have already unjustly been nerfed. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Sinestro had a couple strings (B1-3 for example) that were safe on block, which was perfectly fine. He's a low damage character, and since the day one patch, none of his strings are safe on block. This ruins his up close game against any player worth half their salt (pun optional).
Hawkgirl, before the day one patch, could convert her D1 into her Wing Evade xx 2. She is a pretty low damage character as well, and something like this could make her better (not greatly so, but then again, why was it such a problem in the first place?), but it was removed. Other characters have far more punishing moves than Hawkgirl that remain in the game.

I don't see the reasoning in either case to nerf those characters, but they were. I'm not a developer, so I can't really judge what should and shouldn't be tweaked, but I personally feel those adjustments in particular were unnecessary.