What's new

A community tier list, with contributions from some TYM members

Wigy

There it is...
What did you ask? Do I play against SonicFox, Semiij, Rewind, Theo or all those guys. No. Do any of the guys who made this tier list do?
I'm not saying the tier list is necessarily correct. But you discredit lots of other people's grodds opinions without any explanation other than they're worse than you. This would be alright if you were playing the best and doing okay with him. Like omegak has been going to tournaments and playing against solid competition and his opinion varys from yours from what I've seen.

TL/DR unless you're playing against top people, I don't give a shit about your ability to do prepatch crispy cancels, you can't just say your opinion is right and everyone else is wrong.

Last edited:

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
I'm not saying the tier list is necessarily correct. But you discredit lots of other people's grodds opinions without any explanation other than they're worse than you.
To be fair, if his opinion was that Grodd is good and he's said it before, then this thread is discrediting his opinion, without any explanation, and after he said it here the only response you really gave him is that he's worse than the players who made it.

Undergroundepict

I am like the blue rose
tha fuck, I didn't say provide every reason in one go. I literally said WHEN ASKED. And yeah, people asked, from page 1 onwards. Stop making stupid excuses for it lol.

Ask about a particular MU, and if any of the relevant reps are present, we will do our best to explain our reasoning. This entire thread has essentially been us repeating that we want to hear people's disagreements and are willing to reason with them, against the backdrop of people who refuse to do so, over and over again.

There's only so many ways we can say that we actually give a shit about your opinion and want to hear you out.

God Confirm

Ask about a particular MU, and if any of the relevant reps are present, we will do our best to explain our reasoning. This entire thread has essentially been us repeating that we want to hear people's disagreements and are willing to reason with them, against the backdrop of people who refuse to do so, over and over again.

There's only so many ways we can say that we actually give a shit about your opinion and want to hear you out.
sure well I asked a few pages back, but I'll ask again. Why is Cold going 5-5 in a match up he has full control over like Flash, but going 7-3 vs a character who can contest all his shit like Black Adam? Why is Flash winning vs Manta, one of his worst match ups, other than the fact that the Manta numbers were provided courtesy of Chernny?

Crusty

Retired forever; don’t ask for games.
tha fuck, I didn't say provide every reason in one go. I literally said WHEN ASKED. It's the same shit every time, if you can't explain your placements when questioned don't make a thread. And yeah, people asked, from page 1 onwards. Stop making stupid excuses for it lol.
And some questions were answered, some weren't. Either because 1) They weren't the correct questions. 2) They were probably overshadowed by the drama going on in this thread. 3) They were spouting facts rather than asking for a proper discussion.

Ask (civilly) why you disagree with a mu and don't say a mu is incorrect without reasoning.

Undergroundepict

I am like the blue rose
sure well I asked a few pages back, but I'll ask again. Why is Cold going 5-5 in a match up he has full control over like Flash, but going 7-3 vs a character who can contest all his shit like Black Adam? Why is Flash winning vs Manta, one of his worst match ups, other than the fact that the Manta numbers were provided courtesy of Chernny?
Cold goes 3-7 against Black Adam.

Not sure how active our Cold and Flash reps are on TYM, but if you provide some details I can relay them.

I know the Flash-Manta MU number has something to do with how Flash's hitboxes react with Manta's hurtboxes. 112 being able to stuff Manta's f213 string at any point, for example.

Keep in mind that in order for an MU number to be considered official, both representatives have to come to an agreement and sign off on it, so whatever the argument was, our Flash player came to agree as well.

Wigy

There it is...
To be fair, if his opinion was that Grodd is good and he's said it before, then this thread is discrediting his opinion, without any explanation, and after he said it here the only response you really gave him is that he's worse than the players who made it.
He does it all the time on here. I even prefaced the comment with this poll may not be correct.

He could be one of the better grodds out there but I see no credentials.

God Confirm

Cold goes 3-7 against Black Adam.
You're right, I mis read that

Not sure how active our Cold and Flash reps are on TYM, but if you provide some details I can relay them
What? You're the one who needs to provide details, the list puts forth a statement on why it is like that so I'm asking for an explanation? This is exactly what I'm talking about

I know the Flash-Manta MU number has something to do with how Flash's hitboxes react with Manta's hurtboxes. 112 being able to stuff Manta's f213 string at any point, for example.

Keep in mind that in order for an MU number to be considered official, both representatives have to come to an agreement and sign off on it, so whatever the argument was, our Flash player came to agree as well.
That doesn't mean I agree with any of that or either of the players though.

Cursa

Counterpoke with armoured DB2 at all times.
We've literally had this discussion multiple times and it's basically ended like this every time.

Tldr for past threads/comments; I and (probably @Wigy ) both agree that Grodd's potential to do things in the neutral is super limited and therefore prevents him to actually get his shit started. As I've said in this thread and others, I've yet to see a Grodd who has convinced me otherwise.

Note this doesn't mean I'm saying there aren't any good Grodds.

What I'm saying is that in every single winning post-patch Grodd match I've seen, played, or played against, it's been the opponent either having lacking MU knowledge or them making careless mistakes and getting punished for it. His stampede cancels are not as good as they were on release, where they were actually terrifying to fight against since basically if you didn't have someone tell you what their frames were then GG you'll never know unless you want to spend MULTIPLE months learning the cancels yourself. Now he still has some plus ones, his gaps are mostly gone, and they do work as a negative stagger pressure thing, but I personally don't see it being enough.

Not even including his horrendous matchups like Aquaman, or, my recent opinion, Robin. Strong poking options, strong footsies, strong anti-airs, decent zoning (in the case of Aqua), and all-round strong defensive characters do significantly better against him.

Not much of a tldr; but I posted it because I like to share my opinion and, as I've also said multiple times, hope I get proven wrong.

Cursa

And as far as I'm aware, and according to the lack of discussion about it in the Grodd thread, his stampede cancels haven't changed as of recent page, so, correct me if I'm wrong but slack to check, Grodd's only plus cancels are off of 112 (High and still has a gap(?)) and S3, which is like +1.

Like I said, if I'm wrong @OtherGrodd's, pls correct me.

Cursa

Also is Wowo actually top 1.

Someone explain the reasoning/meme behind this if possible. All I know is @Braindead downplays a lot

Cursa

He memes, his opinion is never to be taken seriously.
Yeah but like, that's literally all I know. I've never seen a Wowo matchup discussed in depth outside of "Shields + D2 are op".

My own fault for not following the Wowo thread(s) but she's a bitch character. Like not in play style but just a literal bitch

Crusty

Yeah but like, that's literally all I know. I've never seen a Wowo matchup discussed in depth outside of "Shields + D2 are op".

My own fault for not following the Wowo thread(s) but she's a bitch character. Like not in play style but just a literal bitch
It sounds like a complete oversimplication but the mu against her is just that simple sometimes vs alot of characters

Cursa

Yeah nah not convinced yet for Wowo not. Same as Grodd but for the opposite reason.

All I know is that her plus frames are meme's, shield is like -35, and D2 is like -13

Crusty

Yeah nah not convinced yet for Wowo not. Same as Grodd but for the opposite reason.

All I know is that her plus frames are meme's, shield is like -35, and D2 is like -13
Both my local Bane and Wowo play that mu a ton. That mu is just painful to watch.

Cursa

Both my local Bane and Wowo play that mu a ton. That mu is just painful to watch.
To be completely frank with you, I appreciate what you are doing, and I understand where you're coming from, but this is kinda what @God Confirm is talking about, even though I don't agree to the extent he's going. I understand there's people who obviously know their shit, but they are not here right now. As a result...

...I'm just going to go invade the Wonder Woman threads while I await their return. Literally no shade here, just my honest honesty.

Wigy

There it is...
And as far as I'm aware, and according to the lack of discussion about it in the Grodd thread, his stampede cancels haven't changed as of recent page, so, correct me if I'm wrong but slack to check, Grodd's only plus cancels are off of 112 (High and still has a gap(?)) and S3, which is like +1.

Like I said, if I'm wrong @OtherGrodd's, pls correct me.
B2 is plus 2 I believe and f2 is around plus 5-6 I think.

PND OmegaK

Drunk and Orderly
Well if I remember OmegaK already said that he thinks Grods's MU chart here is pretty close to what it actually is... could be wrong though

I don't know what Belial's current opinion of Grodd is but I don't think he's exactly raving about the character

Can't speak for the other 2, but 2/5 ain't bad if what I say is true. Not that taking pro players word for everything is even good practice, otherwise we'd have thought Darkseid was top 5 and Flash is still a low tier character
I don't thing Grodd is bottom 2, probably in the top half of the roster now imo. This tier list is downplaying him massively. He's a good character but has a fair few bad matchups still.

Cursa

I don't thing Grodd is bottom 2, probably in the top half of the roster now imo. This tier list is downplaying him massively. He's a good character but has a fair few bad matchups still.
Any particular change that has made him approximately top 1/2?

Also for the record I don't think he's bottom 2 lol, just... below average.

Last edited: