What's new

A community tier list, with contributions from some TYM members

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
It takes us some time to adjust character placement after a patch, as we are meticulous as fuck about suggesting MU numbers and changes. MU's like Captain Cold vs Cheetah or Green Arrow aren't MU's a representative is likely to be able to test and dissect overnight.

Characters like Cold and Firestorm who receive significant changes will see their overall placement adapt to greater reflect the new reality over time. We can't be everywhere.
I mean I get that and I'm definitely not trying to trash on you guys or anything but the list was updated to reflect the current patch so I have to take it at face value.

Kotal_Wannabe

AKA AndyPandy
I mean I get that and I'm definitely not trying to trash on you guys or anything but the list was updated to reflect the current patch so I have to take it at face value.
It's definitely a slow af process. We've been at this list for months on end. We certainly didn't expect the recent patch, and were happy not posting the list till we got all the MU's up to new patch standard, then you went and posted our list didn't you? lol

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
*3000 word essay that effectively only says "huh, interesting"*

Also funny to see wowo in her a tier entirely her own, and on top of the pack since that's who in debating learning.

Maybe I'll just Swamp Thang it up some.

Last edited:

Cursa

Counterpoke with armoured DB2 at all times.
Have you ever played a good Grodd?
I have, and I play Grodd myself.

Not going to say my word is law though, I'd be estatic if Grodd was considered mid tier, but no one, played against or watched playing, has convinced me otherwise.

Edit - Look, if you can give me actual information about Grodd's tools and why that puts him in the same tier as characters like Atrocitus, then I'll be ready, but so far all I've seen is a couple of Grodd matches against people with an obvious lack of MU knowlegde and people just going like "Wow Grodd is actually good/has a vortex/does mad damage" which has nothing to do with why people consider him below average. Not even to mention is horrendous matchups.

Last edited:

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
It's definitely a slow af process. We've been at this list for months on end. We certainly didn't expect the recent patch, and were happy not posting the list till we got all the MU's up to new patch standard, then you went and posted our list didn't you? lol
Haha well when I saw that it was posted on reddit and TYM seemed to have forgotten it's favorite past time of arguing about tier lists, I felt it was the least I could do to make a post

Cursa

Don't even really understand what the point of a tier list is anyway, considering if Raiden won the next major he'd still be bottom 1.

Don't know why I only just came to this revelation

Skedar70

Noob
Don't take this as shade but are you playing against top tier players regularly and winning?

I actually don't know Its a genuine question.
I play Grodd regularly and win a lot more than I lose. Whenever I lose its usually against a good player and I can tell they are good. When I lose I can tell I didn't lose because of Grodd and I never feel handicap using him. This is different when I use other characters that I do feel are handicap like Raphael and I lose against players that I can tell are not good and that I easily mop with Grodd, Swamp Thing or Wonder woman.

Wigy

There it is...
I play Grodd regularly and win a lot more than I lose. Whenever I lose its usually against a good player and I can tell they are good. When I lose I can tell I didn't lose because of Grodd and I never feel handicap using him. This is different when I use other characters that I do feel are handicap like Raphael and I lose against players that I can tell are not good and that I easily mop with Grodd, Swamp Thing or Wonder woman.
That's not what I asked.

Undergroundepict

I am like the blue rose
Don't even really understand what the point of a tier list is anyway, considering if Raiden won the next major he'd still be bottom 1.

Don't know why I only just came to this revelation
The fact that we included all the MU numbers offers members of the community a general resource when looking for counterpicks.

Cursa

The fact that we included all the MU numbers offers members of the community a general resource when looking for counterpicks.
I was talking specifically about the tier list.

Like the purpose of putting them in tiers seems pointless now. I get ranking , like No 1 character or something like that, but "A" doesn't mean much to me.

Just a revelation I had is all

Crusty

Retired forever; don’t ask for games.

Like the purpose of putting them in tiers seems pointless now. I get ranking , like No 1 character or something like that, but "A" doesn't mean much to me.

The numbers of their ranking were determined by the weight of their mu numbers.

It matters to know who you can side to back you up against any certain character.

Undergroundepict

I am like the blue rose

The letters like "S" and "A" next to the numbers are largely arbitrary, yeah. In all tier lists. We at least have metrics behind our classifications. But yeah, the distinctions between an "A" tier character and an "S" tier character are largely subjective in any tier list.

It's a helpful tool to group sets of characters into certain overall "power levels," I suppose.

IMO because we have actuap numbers instead of just letters, they perhaps seem even less important. The difference between an A tier who scored a 90 is and a B tier who scored an 89 is less than the difference between the top of A and the bottom of A.

Undergroundepict

I am like the blue rose
Saying Wowo beats Arrow 6-4 is one of the most batshit crazy things I've seen on this site.

Says all about the chart and Wowo's placement.
All these posts about constructive ways to approach matchup numbers you disagree with and this is the best you can do?

At least read a thread before you post in it, ffs.

Also, "I disagree with one MU therefore the tier list is shit" is an F-tier argument.

Saying Wowo beats Arrow 6-4 is one of the most batshit crazy things I've seen on this site.

Says all about the chart and Wowo's placement.
You play the best character in the game. The tier list says so...:DOGE
Also, the tier list says that Wonder Woman wins the Green arrow MU So... it must be true.:DOGE
I'm Sorry... but that's the truth.

Last edited:

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
All these posts about constructive ways to approach matchup numbers you disagree with and this is the best you can do?

At least read a thread before you post in it, ffs.

Also, "I disagree with one MU therefore the tier list is shit" is an F-tier argument.
Fine, sorry, my bad. Here's my take:

IF I HEAR ONE MORE PERSON SAYING GL VS WOWO IS 5-5 I'M GOING TO PUNCH A PUPPY

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
*3000 word essay that effectively only says "huh, interesting"*

Also funny to see wowo in her a tier entirely her own, and on top of the pack since that's who in debating learning.

Maybe I'll just Swamp Thang it up some.
much better

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
I have to say I get curious about the thought process here when we have Captain Cold beating Black Adam 7-3, but going 5-5 with Flash

also, who was the Brainiac delegate because those numbers look insane :/