What's new

A community tier list, with contributions from some TYM members

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I haven’t played in a while, but for the characters I did fight against when I was able to play I think you guys did a great job on Sub-Zero’s matchups.

I do think Sub-Zero vs Poison Ivy might be worse than 4-6 though. It’s obvious SZ loses but it feels harder than his other losing matchups outside of Wonder Woman. She just locks him out all together, vines don’t allow SZ to use MB iceball, the tracking makes it harder to abuse his godlike fwd dash, and sliding under the zoning isn’t a thing, ivy is very anti klone, having a lot of attacks that outright ignore the klone, B3 goes through it so it’s hard to put it out and do anything that could scare her, SZ having to block the tracking vines will make it disappear and of course yosbi will destroy it so there’s no way he could try to sneak out a mb iceball. So without his mobility held back and the klone being useless (flashbacks to D’Vorah tbh) he has to fight without it, and I feel she outfootsies him pretty good and her like the majority of the cast she isn’t left in D1 range after MB burst. Not that he’d have any meter other than being combod lol.

I can see it being just 4-6 though because he had a has a great jump that can expoilt her mediocre anti airs. It could just be a hard 4-6, whoever made this is a better source than me but that’s just my take.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
This might sound crazy but I also thing Sub MIGHT beat Superman 6-4. The zoning isn’t a problem with Sub’s godlike forward dash, slide, and MB iceball since lasers are really slow. You will get in fast and maybe even get a combo off MB iceball. Superman is one of the 8 characters who has to deal with the D1/throw mixup after MB burst on block, and it’s even better now that D1 links into MB iceball if you’re feeling risky. Klone is a great option after blocking breath, klone in general helps deal with F23 and Superman doesn’t have a fast projectile to deal with it as easy as some characters do, and Superman DIES in the corner.

Crusty

Retired forever; don’t ask for games.
I really doubt any of those guys came up with this tier list. Even if they did. Its still looks bad.
You can ask any and every one of them if you don't believe him.

The term 'bad' is just a buzzword for something you don't like. That's understandable; however, you're not saying why it's bad only that it is bad. Why don't you make yourself useful (if you claim to know so much) and discuss what you don't agree with instead of coming with generalized statements that runs the conversation in circles. Provide legit arguments as to what doesn't click with you and if you don't want to, you know you can simply leave.

We're all civil enough to have a proper discussion not get wilded out it at the very first thing we don't like.This was something the many of us spent hours discussion over the course of ten months, it wasn't done overnight and opinions differ. We simply ask what yours are and why the differ and proceed from there.

Cursa

Counterpoke with armoured DB2 at all times.
I really doubt any of those guys came up with this tier list. Even if they did. Its still looks bad.
There's a list of people who contributed under "character council" or something like that on the website provided. It says who represented which character as well.

I know that Grr was used for Atom - who else would anyway lolz

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
I found the list of people for each character. Chernny Volk for Manta lol yeah this list is bound to be straight ass

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Why would we lie about the top players who were in the discussion? Just ask them yourself since you’re that pressed.

It seems like you’re butthhurt you weren’t in the topic of discussion or something
I found the list of people for each character. Chernny Volk for Manta lol yeah this list is bound to be straight ass
Be nice lol

God Confirm

Also why do people have to explain their reasoning to disagree if you guys are gonna share a list with no reasoning attached and not provide when asked, that's not the level. Respect to any "contributors" who actually reading this thread and will explain reasons, otherwise no point in making a thread

Cursa

Counterpoke with armoured DB2 at all times.
REGARDLESS OF UR REASON, IF UR NAME AINT GOONIE, TYRANT, BELIAL, OAKIES OR OMEGAK U CANT SAY SHIT ABOUT GRODD,
Well if I remember OmegaK already said that he thinks Grods's MU chart here is pretty close to what it actually is... could be wrong though

I don't know what Belial's current opinion of Grodd is but I don't think he's exactly raving about the character

Can't speak for the other 2, but 2/5 ain't bad if what I say is true. Not that taking pro players word for everything is even good practice, otherwise we'd have thought Darkseid was top 5 and Flash is still a low tier character

TyCarter35

Bonafide Jax scrub
For the most part I agree on Aquaman's placement and matchup numbers. Honestly if his FTD was like safer say -20 (no free punish from SF, Atro, Black Adam etc) it would allow him to have more viability imo or give him a mobility buff since he's slow af and can't really move in for his losing mus

Crusty

Retired forever; don’t ask for games.
Also why do people have to explain their reasoning to disagree if you guys are gonna share a list with no reasoning attached and not provide when asked, that's not the level. Respect to any "contributors" who actually reading this thread and will explain reasons, otherwise no point in making a thread
While the supposed suggestion of hypocrisy on our behalf is understandable, we aren’t explaining 10 months worth of reasons and revisions in one go. This is because:

1) It’d be time consuming to even write all that out in a game with like 40+ characters.

2) Even if everyone in the server would make a post detailing each and every one of our reasons for such, it’d be cluttered real quick and this entire thread would be really hard to keep track of.

3) Reasons weren’t given because questions weren’t asked. If you don’t ask the right questions, don’t expect answers. Everyone is too in their feelings to even follow the most basic instruction they forget the tier list isn’t factual and we intended on talking about it should a disagreement exist.

So far there are no disagreements, only bashing and people spitting different numbers than what’s listed without a proper justification and how would you care for us to respond. People can disagree without bashing, its not that hard.

Last edited:

God Confirm

While the supposed suggestion of hypocrisy on our behalf is understandable, we aren’t explaining 10 months worth of reasons and revisions in one go. This is because:

1) It’d be time consuming to even write all that out in a game with like 40+ characters.

2) Even if everyone in the server would make a post detailing each and every one of our reasons for such, it’d be cluttered really quick and this entire thread would be really hard to keep track of.

3) Reasons weren’t given because questions weren’t asked. If you don’t ask the right questions, don’t expect answers. Everyone is too in their feelings to even follow the most basic instruction they forget the tier list isn’t factual and we intended on talking about it should a disagreement exist.

So far there are no disagreements, only bashing and people spitting different numbers than what’s listed without a proper justification and how would you care for us to respond. People can disagree without bashing, its not that hard.
tha fuck, I didn't say provide every reason in one go. I literally said WHEN ASKED. It's the same shit every time, if you can't explain your placements when questioned don't make a thread. And yeah, people asked, from page 1 onwards. Stop making stupid excuses for it lol.

Last edited: