What's new

A.B.I.torial 13: Mortal Kombat X's Animation SUCKS

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
So this guy makes not less then FOUR VIDEOS (an MKX general video, an Erron Black specific vid, an IJ2 general vid and a Darkseid specific vid) when he makes all of them only about the animations and streching that point like no tomorrow, ignoring the fact that the animations in NRS games are awesome, as well as that all of the "issues" he finds are not issue and/or can be found in other games from all companies from both past and present, and also ignoring that animations are just one very specific part of a game's overall presentation and also all of the other stuff in both in and out of the presentation parts of NRS games that are also awesome (roster, gameplay, content etc), and because of the very reason of overall presentation, IJ2 makes it to EVO for the 2nd year in a row and MVCI, a game that is lackluster in almost every area, including overall presentation and animations specifically, doesn't make it to EVO on it's first year (and he keeps praising a couple of stuff just to make sure it won't look so bad) and now this guy makes ANOTHER CHAR SPECIFIC VID about Captain Cold and he even brings silhouettes to his argument and calls Erron Black's guns "baby guns"?!?

All of this proves, as it was clear before, that this guy doesn't make his arguments on the basis of professionalism or knowledge in animations, but on the basis of being nothing more then another NRS hater/Japanese FG fanboy who comes with a biased, excessive obsession towards what he in particular thinks should be in fighting games and he can't accept the fact that NRS games are improving more and more and the Japanese FG games are failing more and more, and now he makes even more vids just because he managed to get so much attention and now he just wants to get the YouTube cash. Even if something super specific in a game truly sucks, you can't make an excessive and nitpicky long video on that alone, ignoring all of other stuff in the game, let alone stating that this is the only reason why you don't wanna play that game, because there are a lot more general stuff that would make someone not play a game, especially that all of them are great in NRS games, then going into EVEN MORE specific stuff, and then expect people to take you seriously. That will be like me making a video just on the still images on the prologue story mode in Street Fighter 5 alone. Are those images truly bad? Yes, but it's really worth it to make an excessive video just on them, let alone making vids on the images of every character-specific episode? Of course not.

Also, BREAKING NEWS everyone:
I've managed to discover through another forum that this guy has actually made yet ANOTHER VIDEO about Cap Cold, after he only now realize his mistakes about Cap Cold's character history. And guess what? Apparently he claims that his animations are even worse now in his eyes because of this alone.

I'm sorry but this shit now goes beyond comedy and parody. This guy is now just exposing himself as the troll that he truly is. Period.

Last edited:

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
So this guy makes so not less then FOUR VIDEOS (an MKX general video, an Erron Black specific vid, an IJ2 general vid and a Darkseid specific vid) when he makes all of them only about the animations and streching that point like no tomorrow, ignoring the fact that the animations in NRS games are awesome, as well as that all of the "issues" he finds are not issue and/or can be found in other games from all companies from both past and present, and also ignoring that animations are just one very specific part of a game's overall presentation and also all of the other stuff in both in and out of the presentation parts of NRS games that are also awesome (roster, gameplay, content etc), and because of the very reason of overall presentation, IJ2 makes it to EVO for the 2nd year in a row and MVCI, a game that is lackluster in almost every area, including overall presentation and animations specifically, doesn't make it to EVO on it's first year (and he keeps praising a couple of stuff just to make sure it won't look so bad) and now this guy makes ANOTHER CHAR SPECIFIC VID about Captain Cold and he even brings silhouettes to his argument and calls Erron Black's guns "baby guns"?!?

All of this proves, as it was clear before, that this guy doesn't make his arguments on the basis of professionalism or knowledge in animations, but on the basis of being nothing more then another NRS hater/Japanese FG fanboy who comes with a biased, excessive obsession towards what he in particular thinks should be in fighting games and he can't accept the fact that NRS games are improving more and more and the Japanese FG games are failing more and more, and now he makes even more vids just because he managed to get so much attention and now he just want to get the YouTube cash. Even if something super specific in a game truly sucks, you can't make an excessive and nitpicky long video on that alone, ignoring all of other stuff in the game, let alone states that this is the only reason why you don't wanna play that game, because there are a lot more general stuff that would make someone not play a game, especially that all of them are great in NRS games, then going into EVEN MORE specific stuff, and then expect people to take you seriously. That will be like me making a video just on the still images on the prologue story mode in Street Fighter 5 alone. Are those images truly bad? Yes, but it's really worth it to make an excessive video just on them, let alone making vids on the images of every character-specific episode? Of course not.

I've managed to discover through another forum that this guy has actually made yet ANOTHER VIDEO about Cap Cold, after he only now realize his mistakes about Cap Cold's character history. And guess what? Apparently he claims that his animations are even worse now in eyes because of this alone.

I'm sorry but this shit now goes beyond comedy and parody. This guy is now just exposing himself as the troll that he truly is. Period.
I'm sorry but that's NOT the truth.

Sent from my Quantum Computer using TYM Quantum App

Wigy

There it is...
You might think hes being pedantic but he justifies most of his points from an actual real life mechanical movement view.

If you dont like his videos and like NRS animation thats fine but you cant totally discredit everything he says because you’re butthurt.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
So this guy makes so not less then FOUR VIDEOS (an MKX general video, an Erron Black specific vid, an IJ2 general vid and a Darkseid specific vid) when he makes all of them only about the animations and streching that point like no tomorrow, ignoring the fact that the animations in NRS games are awesome, as well as that all of the "issues" he finds are not issue and/or can be found in other games from all companies from both past and present, and also ignoring that animations are just one very specific part of a game's overall presentation and also all of the other stuff in both in and out of the presentation parts of NRS games that are also awesome (roster, gameplay, content etc), and because of the very reason of overall presentation, IJ2 makes it to EVO for the 2nd year in a row and MVCI, a game that is lackluster in almost every area, including overall presentation and animations specifically, doesn't make it to EVO on it's first year (and he keeps praising a couple of stuff just to make sure it won't look so bad) and now this guy makes ANOTHER CHAR SPECIFIC VID about Captain Cold and he even brings silhouettes to his argument and calls Erron Black's guns "baby guns"?!?

All of this proves, as it was clear before, that this guy doesn't make his arguments on the basis of professionalism or knowledge in animations, but on the basis of being nothing more then another NRS hater/Japanese FG fanboy who comes with a biased, excessive obsession towards what he in particular thinks should be in fighting games and he can't accept the fact that NRS games are improving more and more and the Japanese FG games are failing more and more, and now he makes even more vids just because he managed to get so much attention and now he just want to get the YouTube cash. Even if something super specific in a game truly sucks, you can't make an excessive and nitpicky long video on that alone, ignoring all of other stuff in the game, let alone states that this is the only reason why you don't wanna play that game, because there are a lot more general stuff that would make someone not play a game, especially that all of them are great in NRS games, then going into EVEN MORE specific stuff, and then expect people to take you seriously. That will be like me making a video just on the still images on the prologue story mode in Street Fighter 5 alone. Are those images truly bad? Yes, but it's really worth it to make an excessive video just on them, let alone making vids on the images of every character-specific episode? Of course not.

I've managed to discover through another forum that this guy has actually made yet ANOTHER VIDEO about Cap Cold, after he only now realize his mistakes about Cap Cold's character history. And guess what? Apparently he claims that his animations are even worse now in eyes because of this alone.

I don’t think you’re watching the same videos as I am. He makes very valid points especially in regards to animating the punches/kicks and the momentum. NRS definitely needs to improve on these things idk why that’s controversial.

That said, people will always complain about something. People on here who play NRS games somehow are saying that DBFZ looks like recycled animations and moves and they play NRS games, it’s crazy. DBFZ is one of the best animated games with spectacular graphics and people still try to hate on it. I kinda think it’s just trolls who are jealous of its success and want to get reactions out of people, because that would make more sense imo.

Roy Arkon

I don’t think you’re watching the same videos as I am. He makes very valid points especially in regards to animating the punches/kicks and the momentum. NRS definitely needs to improve on these things idk why that’s controversial.

That said, people will always complain about something. People on here who play NRS games somehow are saying that DBFZ looks like recycled animations and moves and they play NRS games, it’s crazy. DBFZ is one of the best animated games with spectacular graphics and people still try to hate on it. I kinda think it’s just trolls who are jealous of its success and want to get reactions out of people, because that would make more sense imo.
But that's the point, all of his complaints are in the exact same vane as the complaints that people make on animations of DBFZ like you said. He can't accept the fact NRS games are becoming more successful unlike the Japanese games, and he tries to find something that he can make it super crucial, ignoring all of the other stuff that NRS doing well like content, online etc, and stretching it out to no end, all in hopes to see NRS and WB fail. Even if he has some kind of animation knowledge in the tone of his words, there is no deny that he makes his vids much more out of obsession, jealousy and hunger for attention and cash. Otherwise why he keeps making so many vids that are way too long for what they should be just on this particular small thing alone, rather then making full vids on the overall presentation of NRS games which animations are a part of along cutscenes, intros (and yes he mentioned the intros in his MKX general vid, but he talked about it for like 10 seconds and the rest are just on the gameplay animations which once again, are a very specific part of the presentation), character models, soundtrack etc;, or the other stuff in NRS games like gameplay, online and content, and then try to be super negative on all of that? Because if he did, it would have been 10 times easier to figure his shit out, and if he would have talk in much more length about the other stuff in the games, all of the negative impact that he wanted to showcase in the effort of making NRS look inferior to other companies wouldn't be as strong, as all he really wants is to see them fail and that's it. The only reason some of you still believe him is because of his own presentation of vids, but once you actually look closely at his details you can easily figure him out, and now the amount of vids he makes just on that alone, is more then enough to show this.

As I said earlier, I myself could've make entire series' of vids on small particular bad stuff in other games like the still images in SF5's prologue story mode, or every single track in the soundtrack of MVC:I (I do have some sense of art and music of my own), and that will be just as bad. Making an overall review and then mentioning that along the lines or making just one video about it in a decent length, that is fine (and even then it can be ridiculous depending on the overall vid), but to make a series of overly long vids just on that will be just as bad as making entire series of vids just about the animations in either NRS/WB games or Arc Sys games like DBFZ, especially that both the animations in NRS games and Arc Sys games are very well done. Yes maybe a couple of animations are goofy looking for a very nitpicky eye, but like I said a 1000 times here, every fighting game form past and present has that stuff, that doesn't make the overall animations bad.

Last edited:

UGL Preon

The Casual God
I did see his latest one on Cpt. Cold. And its basically he's upset that he holds his gun too close to the chest, his "Silhouette would look boring" and the ice trail from his gun isn't cool enough. That and the baby kick for Ice Wall MB. That being said, a lot of his videos are just nitpicks which is fine, whatever. However when we look at SFV, MVCI, Dead Rising 4, Star Wars BF2, Metal Gear Survive, Sonic Forces, Watch Dogs 2, & any EA Game that's supposed to Simulate REAL LIFE I could make a video breaking down the mistakes that'd span much longer than a few 4-6 minute videos. I know a lot of those aren't fighters but in the grand scheme, NRS's animations are a mere microcosm to the bigger picture out there in the industry.

Its YouTube, its much easier to hate on something and get views than be constructive. That being said the animations in MKX in a lot of cases are sub-par, but this is a game where if Erron Black shoots a sand grenade in your body it produces infinite sand. Sand is a restand. Jax can hit me with a rocket launcher and its just a juggle state im put into. MK has always had silly animations, but its leagues above anything the 3d MK games ever did. But its a double edged sword on youtube. If you support something, you're just another shill. If you have gripes, you're a hater/Scrub.

Also don't have an issue with his videos and don't think there's some "Anti American Developer Illuminati" conspiracy theory out here. Its just a subject matter he wanted to tackle. Boom. I'll admit the videos try to make mountains out of mole hills at time, but some he's spot on. Its an editorial, not the Gaming industry's "Mein Kampf"

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Honestly, some of his points are valid but most aren't. Majority are junk, ridiculous opinion and merely petpeeving. Besides, he even admitted himself in that follow up Captain Cold video that he's ignorant and fucked up on some things. So he's judging shit based off ignorance? Typical critic. The dude seriously grasps desperately at times it's kind of sad actually after watching some of his other vids. I also noticed he has virtually no videos critiquing SF, MVC, or any other fighters outside of NRS. He comes off as biased honestly. His baby gun Erron Black argument makes no sense, they're magnums with hosters does he expect him to pull a AK17 out of his pocket? lol

Obviously some people will agree with him who most likely hate NRS or Injustice etc and it's his right to talk about anything, however that being said it's also our right to equally critique his critiques and point out his own flaws. Everyone has an opinion. Animations being average, sub par are opinion. They're obviously good enough to win awards for best fighter the past few NRS games which is more than I can say about their competition with cartoony like graphics, horrible storylines, reused animations and hands, feet that look way out of proportion. I give smash a pass here however due to the on purpose cartoony looking style of monsters, pokemon, aliens etc.

Last edited:

C-Sword

Noob
Well, he's an animator, he's going to critique animations and not storytelling. If fans didn't complain, all NRS female characters would still have masculine faces. You may not like the art style in SFV, but you can't disagree that it has some of the best animations in a fighting game.

With how much sales NRS and WB are getting, you'd assume they could hire the best animators available.

Roy Arkon

I did see his latest one on Cpt. Cold. And its basically he's upset that he holds his gun too close to the chest, his "Silhouette would look boring" and the ice trail from his gun isn't cool enough. That and the baby kick for Ice Wall MB. That being said, a lot of his videos are just nitpicks which is fine, whatever. However when we look at SFV, MVCI, Dead Rising 4, Star Wars BF2, Metal Gear Survive, Sonic Forces, Watch Dogs 2, & any EA Game that's supposed to Simulate REAL LIFE I could make a video breaking down the mistakes that'd span much longer than a few 4-6 minute videos. I know a lot of those aren't fighters but in the grand scheme, NRS's animations are a mere microcosm to the bigger picture out there in the industry.

Its YouTube, its much easier to hate on something and get views than be constructive. That being said the animations in MKX in a lot of cases are sub-par, but this is a game where if Erron Black shoots a sand grenade in your body it produces infinite sand. Sand is a restand. Jax can hit me with a rocket launcher and its just a juggle state im put into. MK has always had silly animations, but its leagues above anything the 3d MK games ever did. But its a double edged sword on youtube. If you support something, you're just another shill. If you have gripes, you're a hater/Scrub.

Also don't have an issue with his videos and don't think there's some "Anti American Developer Illuminati" conspiracy theory out here. Its just a subject matter he wanted to tackle. Boom. I'll admit the videos try to make mountains out of mole hills at time, but some he's spot on. Its an editorial, not the Gaming industry's "Mein Kampf"
As a YouTube content creator myself, who makes vids on regular basis and also visits other channels and vids on regular basis, I also see this stuff a lot. But the thing is, these stuff can happen everywhere and not just on YouTube, just like you can still make constructive criticism vids on YouTube. Maximilian Dood for example has made several videos that are all about constructive criticism on various games including the ones he loves and enjoys the most, so it is possible, just like it is possible anywhere on the net to make your own swing against a certain product or a company that you don't like and don't want other people to support, beyond the shill/hater thing.

Honestly, some of his points are valid but most aren't. Majority are junk, ridiculous opinion and merely petpeeving. Besides, he even admitted himself in that follow up Captain Cold video that he's ignorant and fucked up on some things. So he's judging shit based off ignorance? Typical critic. The dude seriously grasps desperately at times it's kind of sad actually after watching some of his other vids. I also noticed he has virtually no videos critiquing SF, MVC, or any other fighters outside of NRS. He comes off as biased honestly. His baby gun Erron Black argument makes no sense, they're magnums with hosters does he expect him to pull a AK17 out of his pocket? lol

Obviously some people will agree with him who most likely hate NRS or Injustice etc and it's his right to talk about anything, however that being said it's also our right to equally critique his critiques and point out his own flaws. Everyone has an opinion. Animations being average, sub par are opinion. They're obviously good enough to win awards for best fighter the past few NRS games which is more than I can say about their competition with cartoony like graphics, horrible storylines, reused animations and hands, feet that look way out of proportion. I give smash a pass here however due to the on purpose cartoony looking style of monsters, pokemon, aliens etc.
Exactly, I've seen vids on MVC:I that have critiqued the game's presentation way before the game was released, and then beyond it's release, and that game deserved all of that backlash because Capcom as well as Marvel has truly screwed up on that department along others in which it also does fail, and IJ2 indeed won all of the awards he got as well as all of the positive reception because of that very same stuff, in which it was really awesome at, just like MKX. Yet this guy not only doesn't have a vid about MVC:I and it's presentation or any other game, but he has 2 MKX vids and 4 IJ2 vids, on which just the first one of each of them are both already too excessive then they should be. And even after he admits he fucked up he still tries to sugarcoat it and justify his points even further? Oh yeah, there is no biased approach here at all.

Well, he's an animator, he's going to critique animations and not storytelling. If fans didn't complain, all NRS female characters would still have masculine faces. You may not like the art style in SFV, but you can't disagree that it has some of the best animations in a fighting game.

With how much sales NRS and WB are getting, you'd assume they could hire the best animators available.
First of all, the female face thing is about the character models, not the animations, and even with that, all of the character models in NRS games in all of their games, both male and female are still excellent overall and some of the best char models in recent years. Just like the animations are still very well done just like in DBFZ and SFV.

And yes he might be an animator, but you can't make that many overly long and nitpicky vids on animations alone, let alone not make vids about animations of other games or even worse to say that this is the sole reason why you won't play a game despite all of the stuff in it and others, and still be taken seriously and as someone who's unbiased and not obsessive. You can't deny that NRS are only improving in every aspect of their games with each game, including their animations, and being nitpicky and excessive isn't gonna change that.

Last edited:

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
But that's the point, all of his complaints are in the exact same vane as the complaints that people make on animations of DBFZ like you said. He can't accept the fact NRS games are becoming more successful unlike the Japanese games, and he tries to find something that he can make it super crucial, ignoring all of the other stuff that NRS doing well like content, online etc, and stretching it out to no end, all in hopes to see NRS and WB fail. Even if he has some kind of animation knowledge in the tone of his words, there is no deny that he makes his vids much more out of obsession, jealousy and hunger for attention and cash. Otherwise why he keeps making so many vids that are way too long for what they should be just on this particular small thing alone, rather then making full vids on the overall presentation of NRS games which animations are a part of along cutscenes, intros (and yes he mentioned the intros in his MKX general vid, but he talked about it for like 10 seconds and the rest are just on the gameplay animations which once again, are a very specific part of the presentation), character models, soundtrack etc;, or the other stuff in NRS games like gameplay, online and content, and then try to be super negative on all of that? Because if he did, it would have been 10 times easier to figure his shit out, and if he would have talk in much more length about the other stuff in the games, all of the negative impact that he wanted to showcase in the effort of making NRS look inferior to other companies wouldn't be as strong, as all he really wants is to see them fail and that's it. The only reason some of you still believe him is because of his own presentation of vids, but once you actually look closely at his details you can easily figure him out, and now the amount of vids he makes just on that alone, is more then enough to show this.

As I said earlier, I myself could've make entire series' of vids on small particular bad stuff in other games like the still images in SF5's prologue story mode, or every single track in the soundtrack of MVC:I (I do have some sense of art and music of my own), and that will be just as bad. Making an overall review and then mentioning that along the lines or making just one video about it in a decent length, that is fine (and even then it can be ridiculous depending on the overall vid), but to make a series of overly long vids just one that, will be just as bad as making entire series of vids just about the animations in either NRS/WB games or Arc Sys games like DBFZ, especially that both the animations in NRS games and Arc Sys games are very well done. Yes maybe a couple of animations are goofy looking for a very nitpicky eye, but like I said a 1000 times here, every fighting game form past and present has that stuff, that doesn't make the overall animations bad.
No they aren’t. He is making VALID CRITIQUES of the animation with a clear argument and examples. It’s not very complicated. He’s not talking shit about the game he’s criticizing SOME of the animations as he is an animator. Why would he mention the storyline or depth of the gameplay? That has zero relevance on what he’s arguing.

Stop looking at it as an attack on NRS, their games, or their players. None of that is happening so relax. He’s said more than once that he wants better animations for NRS games because he likes them. That’s how I feel as well. If you really deny some of the shitty animations existing you’re just in straight denial and there’s no point in discussing this with you. This goes for anyone else ITT making the same claims/“arguments”.

Roy Arkon

No they aren’t. He is making VALID CRITIQUES of the animation with a clear argument and examples. It’s not very complicated. He’s not talking shit about the game he’s criticizing SOME of the animations as he is an animator. Why would he mention the storyline or depth of the gameplay? That has zero relevance on what he’s arguing.

Stop looking at it as an attack on NRS, their games, or their players. None of that is happening so relax. He’s said more than once that he wants better animations for NRS games because he likes them. That’s how I feel as well. If you really deny some of the shitty animations existing you’re just in straight denial and there’s no point in discussing this with you. This goes for anyone else ITT making the same claims/“arguments”.
Yes they are. All of those "valid critiques and examples" are too excessive and nitpicky to be taken seriously. Just because he does that in a much more polite fashion and not like some random guy on the net that doesn't change the fact that once you go through his polite approach, you can clearly see his true biased approach. An excellent example of that is when he said in his MKX vid that Scorpion's feet are staying still and not moving during his stance, but then you see that Karin's feet in her stance in SF5 are also not moving. So why is it truly that bad for Scorpion but not for Karin? Because Karin is suppose to deliver the message of her being "calm, composed and focused"? That is bullshit, Scorpion does deliver his massage of being an intimating Ninja just as fine. And that is just one of his examples, and that only proves even further that all of his "issues" are not really issues and/or can be found in other games, like I've said earlier. And FTR, he criticizing SO MANY of the animations just on the MKX vid alone, and again for far too long and way too excessively.

And yes, he might be an animator, but if he wants to be taken seriously, he can't make that many videos that are that nitpicky and that long just on animations alone, but he knows that if he would keep the videos as not overly long and nitpicky as they are, or that he will try to talk about other stuff in the game, he won't create the negative impact that he wants to create, because all of the stuff in the games are truly good including the animations, and no one in the right mind will make an excessive and long vid or a series of those type of vids just on very specific things even if they truly suck, like I said earlier. So no, he doesn't want NRS to improve, he wants them to fail just like the guys right here on TYM that want DBFZ to fail. Hell, even when he admits that he fucked up in his second Cap Cold vid he still tries to sugarcoat it and justify his points even further. Oh sure, this guy is not biased at all.

NRS games are only improving on every aspect with each game, and even if there are a couple of small bad stuff, that can be find in any fighting game from any company and from any aspect as well including animations. You and this obsessed buffoon may not like the DIRECTION of NRS' animations, but their animations are still OBJECTIVELY awesome and deliver what they should deliver very well, and that is one of the many reasons NRS/WB games are the best Fighting Games in the world today. All you're proving to me here is that you and anyone else who do take this obsessed moron seriously are either haters of NRS, fanboys of Japanese FG companies or just outrageously gullible people, and that there is no point to talk to you on the matter.

This argument has been taken for far too long, I'm done here. Now if you would excuse me I would like to go and watch some IJ2 match videos on YouTube, along with their awesome animations.

Last edited:

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
@CS Here's my issue with his argument, thing is silhouettes have nothing to do with animation. It's a still image shadowed out for thumbnails, placeholders, pictures or avatars etc. If he's an animator he should also know this I take it he's not a very good one or he'd be making games not critique, banter videos. I'm just saying. WB is a big company but the same could be said about Capcom with all the success they've had what's their excuse for making incomplete games? Disproportionate characters? Odd looking animations? Shitty voice acting? etc, etc

I just think he has a one dimensional vision of "animation" and rants about things that aren't that important to most gamers both casual and hardcore.....he probably doesn't complain about DBZ or Capcom games because to him he's into that anime "blur effect" but to me, it looks bad because as someone who's also animated myself it's kind of lazy. If you take say E.Honda's hundred hand slap or Goku's rapid punches you just see a bunch of blurry hands/fists on screen, where as WB has a more photorealistic style so you'll see the actual realistic animation of say someone like Baraka swinging his arms as if he's really fighting or Donny's bo strings are actual martial arts with a bo when he's hitting you. His issue seems to be more with "Cold's stance" with the gun rather than the smooth animations with most of the cast. I for one have no issue with Cold's kicking the ice cube move. I thought that was quite clever since a huge cube of ice would slide I mean he's not going to life it up or magically shoot ice from his hands a la Sub-Zero.

Nobody is perfect, what it comes down to but there's a level of success or not. What this guy ignores is NRS's success with their past 4 games overall while ignoring their competitions flaws or flops. To me, people like that grasp just to look for anything to bash for the sake of doing so. To me that's not very constructive. I wouldn't have any issue with him if he did it to every fighting game, but he seems to targets NRS games only which irk some people.

@Roy Arkon Pretty much, as a fellow youtuber myself I agree. Now there are sadly people out there who love hate vids, ranting vids, bitching, venting whatever you want to call them but I agree that in terms of bringing something unique it's not constructive nor appealing. We all know and want future NRS games to be better in every way. This guy seems obsessed with just animations for certain characters and as I've stated earlier. I wouldn't care...if he did it with every fighting game, but he seems to have this hard on for NRS games. Like dude if you're going to be a ranting channel, at least be fair about it and rip every fighting game what needs work not just one.

The time has shown the true face of the shit poster troll that this video ranter guy is . Captain Cold looks awesome in this game to me. Enough is enough.
Now this is a picture that I would like to him to critique.

A depiction of his 'Work'.

Last edited:

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
I don’t get how you don’t see his points after spending years seeing shit like Kotal’s or Kitana’s goofy ass d3s or Erron’s 212121222222 string. In i2 they’re much better (and he does mention that) but there are still some wonky looking moves like many of WW’s moves and the lots of the floating strings.

He mentions keyposes a lot because that’s how it should work, look at any non-NRS fighting game, all of them have distinct keyposes and do attacks that look and feel like actual hits even if the game looks way worse than i2/mkx in overall graphics ie: KoF14, MvCi, hell you can go back as far as shit like Bloody Roar 3/4 and this still applies.
The point of the keyposes is to lead your eye and have a very clear point of impact and what kind of attack is happening. Shit like Erron’s string looks like he’s trying to swat away a fly while he’s hammered.
Same applies with capes as that always bothered me and is one (small) reason to why I don’t play any of the caped characters.

Note that he also went through SFV and mentioned things like how their stupid clothes work and their fucked up hair physics and showed how Xrd handles them in comparison where things like that have their own physics engine or are locked into animation keyframes (Jam’s costume, Answer’s scarf etc).

He also mentions how he likes the game and that the other aspects of it are all fine and he even complements their cinematics, the improved facial motion capture and the faces in general as well as noting that while these janky animations still exist they are a lot less in i2.

Last edited:

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I don’t get how you don’t see his points after spending years seeing shit like Kotal’s or Kitana’s goofy ass d3s or Erron’s 212121222222 string. In i2 they’re much better (and he does mention that) but there are still some wonky looking moves like many of WW’s moves and the lots of the floating strings.

He mentions keyposes a lot because that’s how it should work, look at any non-NRS fighting game, all of them have distinct keyposes and do attacks that look and feel like actual hits even if the game looks way worse than i2/mkx in overall graphics ie: KoF14, MvCi, hell you can go back as far as shit like Bloody Roar 3/4 and this still applies.
The point of the keyposes is to lead your eye and have a very clear point of impact and what kind of attack is happening. Shit like Erron’s string looks like he’s trying to swat away a fly while he’s hammered.
Same applies with capes as that always bothered me and is one (small) reason to why I don’t play any of the caped characters.

Note that he also went through SFV and mentioned things how their stupid clothes work and their fucked up hair physics and showed how Xrd handles them in comparison where they things like that have their own physics engine or are locked into animation keyframes (Jam’s costume, Answer’s scarf etc).

He also mentions how he likes the game and that the other aspects of it are all fine and he even complements their cinematics, the improved facial motion capture and the faces in general as well as noting that while these janky animations still exist they are a lot less in i2.
Oh look. A reasonable person who ACTUALLY watched the video. Glad you and others that I mentioned have chimed in with the logic. Hate to use this word, but the fanboys are out in full effect.

Error

DF2+R2
lol, ok at this point i think he should stop with this rant videos.
yes, i agree with him that some animations are bad but why he dont need to rant about every char now lol. wtf
At the end of the last injustice 2 critique video he said he'd be discussing the 4 worst animated characters. So I think there's 2 more coming after Darkseid and Captain Cold.