What's new

A.B.I.torial 13: Mortal Kombat X's Animation SUCKS

jcbowie

...more deadly than the dawn.
I don't think he's wrong in the initial video necessarily, and granted I haven't watched the character specific ones yet, but it definitely seems to me like he's overstating problems at least a little and generalizing about the nature of animations in this game based on the animation of very particular moves that he keeps pointing at that are, admittedly, animated badly.

Also, like someone said earlier and I can't remember who or I'd tag, it's different to animate moves in a game where hitboxes and hurtboxes are generally tied to the character model even to the extent that idle animations can affect hits, rather than in games like SF or KI or sometimes Tekken where the hitboxes and hurtboxes are static areas that exist regardless of where the character model appears to be.

NothingPersonal

Are you not entertained!?
I don’t get how you don’t see his points after spending years seeing shit like Kotal’s or Kitana’s goofy ass d3s or Erron’s 212121222222 string. In i2 they’re much better (and he does mention that) but there are still some wonky looking moves like many of WW’s moves and the lots of the floating strings.

He mentions keyposes a lot because that’s how it should work, look at any non-NRS fighting game, all of them have distinct keyposes and do attacks that look and feel like actual hits even if the game looks way worse than i2/mkx in overall graphics ie: KoF14, MvCi, hell you can go back as far as shit like Bloody Roar 3/4 and this still applies.
The point of the keyposes is to lead your eye and have a very clear point of impact and what kind of attack is happening. Shit like Erron’s string looks like he’s trying to swat away a fly while he’s hammered.
Same applies with capes as that always bothered me and is one (small) reason to why I don’t play any of the caped characters.

Note that he also went through SFV and mentioned things like how their stupid clothes work and their fucked up hair physics and showed how Xrd handles them in comparison where things like that have their own physics engine or are locked into animation keyframes (Jam’s costume, Answer’s scarf etc).

He also mentions how he likes the game and that the other aspects of it are all fine and he even complements their cinematics, the improved facial motion capture and the faces in general as well as noting that while these janky animations still exist they are a lot less in i2.
Dude, litteraly sit down in Kitana's pose and do her d3 animation, and see wht happens. It's actually possible and pretty comfortable. Now try the same with Chun Li's low kicks, good luck. And try some of Sf's idle poses, like Nash's and Chun Li's, which he says is natural and comfortable for combat. Please, just try them once for a couple of seconds, and then go back to Erron's and Scorpion's and tell me how those feel. This guy has SOME good points, but ffs he's a nitpick, and now he's doing every character?! Whatever brings da doe, I guess. Agreed on Erron's 2122, but we're all salty about it whatever it would have looked :DOGE
#stopnrshatejustbecause #imnrsfananddontcare

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
I’m just wondering why this is still open when half of the discussion is just “OMG freedom of speech, y ru so mad I like NRS animations XD XD” accompanied with a novella about other games being inferior in some way and a good dose of hyperbole about said games.
Because we needn't lock good topics up because of whatever topic shitposters decide they want to ruin next, honestly it should just be the shitposters get warned.

Dude, litteraly sit down in Kitana's pose and do her d3 animation, and see wht happens. It's actually possible and pretty comfortable. Now try the same with Chun Li's low kicks, good luck. And try some of Sf's idle poses, like Nash's and Chun Li's, which he says is natural and comfortable for combat. Please, just try them once for a couple of seconds, and then go back to Erron's and Scorpion's and tell me how those feel. This guy has SOME good points, but ffs he's a nitpick, and now he's doing every character?! Whatever brings da doe, I guess. Agreed on Erron's 2122, but we're all salty about it whatever it would have looked :DOGE
#stopnrshatejustbecause #imnrsfananddontcare
I think he said he's only doing the worst characters

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Rude lol...You know what's funny dude, I haven't been here in a few days and yet I go on today and have 9 likes(all on this topic, go figure) but sure I must be "crazy", my bad. I forgot, this is an anti NRS thread only right?

DISCLAIMER it's called sarcasm. Godforbid anyone feels the same way I do right?

How dare anyone feel different than those who hate NRS animation(will be taken seriously)

hey buddy, what do you mean exactly??

Just a witty statement regarding the same few people who are being passive aggressive towards other users who tend to disagree with them, I won't list names but one of them has been known for trolling in the past on here a lot. I can fill you in via IM if you'd like so I don't go off topic here. Has nothing to do with you no worries ;)

But for this topic, I've pretty much stated that NRS can always improve but it's not nearly as bad as the dude making these vids makes it up to be. I've also noticed @Roy Arkon made some posts, he was attacked for it I've been there in the past. It's why I actually avoid threads like these but I just had to see this guys reasoning honestly. I found it funny more than anything. Some some folks can't handle that but I personally don't care about that, I think everyone here has an opinion on it.

Last edited:

God Confirm

Rude lol...You know what's funny dude, I haven't been here in a few days and yet I go on today and have 9 likes(all on this topic, go figure) but sure I must be "crazy", my bad. I forgot, this is an anti NRS thread only right?
while this is the dumbest thing ever to use as a measure of whether or not you are correct.... I gotta point out that You have 16 posts in here so that's not actually a great ratio at all lol. Even with only Roy Arkon and nevera alone circlejerking along with all your posts, you should have at least 32 likes

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
while this is the dumbest thing ever to use as a measure of whether or not you are correct.... I gotta point out that You have 16 posts in here so that's not actually a great ratio at all lol. Even with only Roy Arkon and nevera alone circlejerking along with all your posts, you should have at least 32 likes
I have the best likes

im the best

It's not funny... so no likes for You from me son.

MKF30

God C, lol you of all people should not be telling anyone else's posts are ridiculous. I wouldn't be mentioning the term "circle jerk" when I've noticed you tend to only show up in threads where a few people disagree with me, you jump on that train faster than CNN jumps on trump's bad hair day, lol so please. Same old God Confirm.

Since the joke went over your head, On the like thing, i was being sarcastic. My point in out that it's obvious some others feel the same way I do not even going by this ridiculous thread either. Oh and FTR, this thread serves no real purpose outside of a breeding ground for NRS bashing. I think we both know the positives heavily outweigh the negatives with I2 and It's not even my favorite NRS game mind you.

Last edited:

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
ITT real NRS fans agree they can improve their animations significantly moving forward and cancerous shit-posters congregate together to call those real fans “haters” and verbally fellate each other over how imperfect other fighting games are as if that has any bearing on how NRS can make theirs even better than they already are.

Reactions: JTC

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
I like how quickly this thread went from "this video raises some valid points" or "I don't necessarily agree with all of this" to "listen here you circle-jerking sack of piss."

Where's B. Shazzy?
Welcome to the internet, bro. We hope you enjoy your stay.

MKF30

Real NRS fans support them while giving constructive criticism,sticking through the ups and downs. Where was this guy during the 3D MK era when MK really had problems? lol such a Poser...not making lameass, ranting vids that are mere petpeeving about "Flash's speed" lol. I'm so sure people give two shits about one person's opinion when he himself isn't even a professional animator. Reminds me of the "fans" in sports who never played the damn sport but sti back and bash this, that pretending to be experts.

Last edited:

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
Can’t we automatically ban people for being shit-posters once they approach a 1:5 likes to posts ratio to save us all from getting retinal AIDS every time we have to read another post of theirs about how Flash needs to drag his feet and tread slowly or he’ll be op lol.

MKF30

I think posters demanding other users get banned for merely disagreeing should get banned. Sounds like intolerant bs to me. Shame that some people on the internet and in general can't even agree to disagree SMH.

In all seriousness, I'd like to ask mods on here what's the point of this thread some clown on YT with his little minions on here tooting his horn and getting butthurt with users who happen to disagree?

Last edited:

God Confirm

God C, lol you of all people should not be telling anyone else's posts are ridiculous. I wouldn't be mentioning the term "circle jerk" when I've noticed you tend to only show up in threads where a few people disagree with me, you jump on that train faster than CNN jumps on trump's bad hair day, lol so please. Same old God Confirm.

Since the joke went over your head, On the like thing, i was being sarcastic. My point in out that it's obvious some others feel the same way I do not even going by this ridiculous thread either. Oh and FTR, this thread serves no real purpose outside of a breeding ground for NRS bashing. I think we both know the positives heavily outweigh the negatives with I2 and It's not even my favorite NRS game mind you.
your post has zero likes so there's no credibility in anything you just said

MKF30

Nah, pretty sure I wouldn't lol. The trolling is strong with this one.

God Confirm:Sorry but no, if you can count correctly because pretty sure lots of my posts have multiple likes(37 in total since I've posted in this topic, no, no not tooting my own horn just facts) which was actually a lot more than I thought I had, but 100 likes or no likes my point is it proves that others clearly feel the same way I do, you can deny that fact I really don't care lol so if anything, thus proving you're the one lacking credibility. I just re-read all your posts. Nothing you've said in here actually has solid relevance to the topic itself. I have however at least broken down my posts as to why, you just can't handle the truth nor difference in opinions. That's your problem. Good luck with that.

Last edited: