What's new

A.B.I.torial 13: Mortal Kombat X's Animation SUCKS

trufenix

bye felicia
I'm sure if NRS gave a fuck about "fixing" their animations to the specifications of youtubers, they would post a poll on twitter about it.

If you read the whole post then yes, and it is true. And BTW like I said, the guy in the vid doesn't know what he is talking about, like others here said, he is a troll.
wait a minute dude.
how the guy in the vid dont know what he is talking about, did we watch the same video? only a goofy mk fanboy would believe he is a troll, wtf?
the stance button is a failure and only used in gimmik stuff. if a combo works only in a specific stance on a female char for instance, thats obviously a game design fail dude.

Last edited:

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
You said they have "major" issues in that department, and I simply do not see it(it was the case with MK9 and Igau). Having a fighting game where everyone is perfectly balanced is virtually impossible, the most you can do is to reduce the gap between characters as much as you can, and I2 so far is in a very solid spot. So i asked for at least one example where the bolded didn't occur. Stating that there are stronger and weaker characters in a fighting game, is almost the same as saying water is wet.

NRS should be criticized where they need to improve, but balance is one of the things they have been quite thoughtful especially since the removal of armored launchers in MKX.
Characters still struggle in matchups according to people on this site so that's a major issue.

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
Am I really seeing people defending stance switch in here??? BBOOI stop fanboying over legitimate criticisms of one of NRS' biggest weaknesses. Next someone's gonna say breathing hitboxes add depth because you have to time your mids to their inhales

I agree. Stance switch affecting combos definitely shouldn't be a thing. It's probably the most ridiculous thing there can be in a fighting game, literally, EVER.

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
wait a minute dude.
how the guy in the vid dont know what he is talking about, did we watch the same video? only a goofy mk fanboy would believe he is a troll, wtf?
the stance button is a failure and only used in gimmik stuff. if a combo works only in a specific stance on a female char for instance, thats obviously a game design fail dude.
The guy keeps talking in a lot of detail, so it only looks like he knows that he' talking about, but when you actually see what he says, you can clearly see that the problems he says that MKX has are either not problems at all or and that stuff appear in other fighting games as well. Every Fighting Game, including recent ones, has at least some unrealistic elements to their animation, and it's clearly that this guy is nothing but a nitpicky troll. Only a glorified fool will think he knows what he's talking about, I'm sorry but that's the truth.

And as for the Stance Switch, it is not a design failure at all, it only adds to the depth of the game because you have to think about the options you have depending on the position of the chars, and if a certain position does give you more combo options, that means it only adds to your options. The Stance Switch only adds more options to you, not taking options from you.

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy
The guy keeps talking in a lot of detail, so it only looks like he knows that he' talking about, but when you actually see what he says, you can clearly see that the problems he says that MKX has are either not problems at all or and that stuff appear in other fighting games as well. Every Fighting Game, including recent ones, has at least some unrealistic elements to their animation, and it's clearly that this guy is nothing but a nitpicky troll. Only a glorified fool will think he knows what he's talking about, I'm sorry but that's the truth.

And as for the Stance Switch, it is not a design failure at all, it only adds to the depth of the game because you have to think about the options you have depending on the position of the chars, and if a certain position does give you more combo options, that means it only adds to your options. The Stance Switch only adds more options to you, not taking options from you.
Here, we, gooooooo! The most bullshit thing in recent NRS games which everyone complains about is NOT A DESIGN FAILIURE according to you. The biggest (and also the blindest) NRS fanboy strikes again, lol.
"I'm sorry but that's the truth." XDDD

dude, u clearly dont know what ur talking about here.
u did not understand what the guy said and showed in the video at all.
i seriously recomend you watch the video again and pay more attention this time.

the guy said nrs did some improvements from mkx, he showed that too.
so how is he a nitpicking troll?

only a goofy mk-fanboy would say so if u ask me. smh

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
dude, u clearly dont know what ur talking about here.
u did not understand what the guy said and showed in the video at all.
i seriously recomend you watch the video again and pay more attention this time.
I don't need to watch it again, I already did watch enough of it and more then once, and I clearly understand what he said, and yes, he is a nitpicky troll. Just because he praised one or two things that doesn't mean he is not a troll, just like that defending one thing doesn't make you a fanboy. These terms aren't black and white, I criticize NRS and WB when they really need to be, and this isn't one of them. I even criticized WB here in this thread already.

Here, we, gooooooo! The most bullshit thing in recent NRS games which everyone complains about is NOT A DESIGN FAILIURE according to you. The biggest (and also the blindest) NRS fanboy strikes again, lol.
"I'm sorry but that's the truth." XDDD
@LaidbackOne
HERE WE GO! The biggest coward on TYM is back. Ignoring all of the other posts I made here and other threads, waiting until one or two more people trying to prove me wrong with their posts on one minor topic, and come with your own bombastic post, effectively hiding behind @TAKUMA 's back, just to feel like a tough guy on the internet. You are such a coward, and that's fucking pathetic.

NRS can never do anything wrong you guys clearly don't know what you're talking about.
I'm sorry but that's the truth.
Very mature out of you. Like I said earlier I criticize NRS and WB when they really need to be, and I even criticized WB here in this thread already.

@TAKUMA , @Braindead @LaidbackOne
You don't have to like something, like the Switch Button, but if someone finds the good stuff in it, you can't just label him however you want, and if you can't understand the good stuff from it, you're a foo And if someone talks in tons of detail without checking stuff beyond his video to see if his video is legit (and that's what I did when I so the vid, I checked other sources and made my own comparison to see if he's video is legit, not just taking that one video and taking all of his details as facts like a sheep), and thinking he knows what he is talking about and not a troll, that means you're a fool.

Only a fool will act like that and say stuff like that...... if you ask me. smh

And LaidBackone, yes, you're a coward.

Last edited:

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
I don't need to watch it again, I already did watch enough of it and more then once, and I clearly understand what he said, and yes, he is a nitpicky troll. Just because he praised one or two things that doesn't mean he is not a troll, just like that defending one thing doesn't make you a fanboy. These terms aren't black and white, I criticize NRS and WB when they really need to be, and this isn't one of them. I even criticized WB here in this thread already.

@LaidbackOne
HERE WE GO! The biggest coward on TYM is back. Ignoring all of the other posts I made here and other threads, waiting until one or two more people trying to prove me wrong with their posts on one minor topic, and come with your own bombastic post, effectively hiding behind @TAKUMA 's back, just to feel like a tough guy on the internet. You are such a coward, and that's fucking pathetic.

Very mature out of you. Like I said earlier I criticize NRS and WB when they really need to be, and I even criticized WB here in this thread already.

@TAKUMA , @Braindead @LaidbackOne
You don't have to like something, like the Switch Button, but if someone finds the good stuff in it, you can't just label him however you want, and if you can't understand the good stuff from it, you're a foo And if someone talks in tons of detail without checking stuff beyond his video to see if his video is legit (and that's what I did when I so the vid, I checked other sources and made my own comparison to see if he's video is legit, not just taking that one video and taking all of his details as facts like a sheep), and thinking he knows what he is talking about and not a troll, that means you're a fool.

Only a fool will act like that and say stuff like that...... if you ask me. smh

And Laidbackone, yes,
I'm sorry but is that the truth?